Jump to content


Banned for TK'ing griefer, and WG.net login broken in Firefox


  • Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

FNXXX #1 Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:06 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 9759 battles
  • 47
  • [IE_LV] IE_LV
  • Member since:
    06-25-2012

I got 24-hour ban for killing teammate who pushed my out of position into enemy fire. The replay is here http://wotreplays.eu...nxxx-renault_ft and name of the griefer is _va_Berekm_ri https://worldoftanks...-_va_Berekm_ri/

 

Quote from the replay description:

Block Quote

 To complete the mission for 1 day premium I needed to play a game with french tank. Only french tank I got is Renault FT. The game was lost in loading screen when enemy team got 2 players with completed personal missions and also a platoon. We lost badly. While tried to do as much damage as possible, my ally decided it is fun to push me out of position into enemy fire. I killed him and got banned for 1 day. There goes my 1 premium day that is active while I am banned.
 

 

 

The WG.net login is broken with Firefox. I cannot create ticked or use most pages that redirects to wargaming.net for sign-in. The problem occurs with latest Firefox with uBlock and 3rd-pary cookies disabled as well as with Firefox with stock, unmodified profile. I guess that is something to do with cookie isolation that now is on by default in Firefox. I am unable to open support ticket.

 

The game is in state that is worse than it was back when version 0.7.5 and 0.7.6 I first played. The accuracy nerf that occured more than year ago made the game more RNG dependant and tanks who are made to be snipers are now at big disadvantage. Even at mid-range I get unbelievable random misses.

 

Arty nerf made arty a 44% winrate vehicles. They cannot carry games while becoming more annoying than ever before. Cover from arty is almost meaningless. The module damage and stun/slow is more annoying than losing 1/3rd of health as previous.

 

Premiums with preferrential matchmaking were built around old matchmaker. They worked well, were not OP when faced, but now they are underpowered.

 

New HD maps look visually nice, but they sukk. Erlenberg was great map before 1.0 now I really hate it. I also hate new Fishermans Bay. I miss the Hidden Village. Highway was not the best map, but it was OK. From new or reworked maps only Glacier is decent map.

 

In-game reporting system is useless. There is zero proof it does anything.

 

We get some nice in-game missions and new Tier VIII premiums on regular basis, but every change that is made to game unbalances whole system of mechanics and balances that the tanks and gameplay was built around for years.



the_nebuchadnezzar #2 Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:12 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 45674 battles
  • 1,017
  • Member since:
    08-19-2013
:popcorn:

lennymclean #3 Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:14 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 968 battles
  • 22
  • Member since:
    07-08-2014
Was going to watch the replay but it's a tier 1 game. Made me laugh so thanks for that....

FNXXX #4 Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:16 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 9759 battles
  • 47
  • [IE_LV] IE_LV
  • Member since:
    06-25-2012

I took out the only French tank I had in my garage, that was mission requirement :)

 

I keep cool when beginners in my team do stupid things because we all once been beginners. But these griefers make me absolutely mad!



NUKLEAR_SLUG #5 Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:17 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27555 battles
  • 1,973
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
So you lost your premium day? Good, learn the lesson and don't be an idiot in future.

cragarion #6 Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:19 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 43000 battles
  • 2,205
  • Member since:
    07-10-2010
Should have thought about daily missions BEFORE YOU BROKE THE RULES nobody to blame but yourself.

Les_chars_gris #7 Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:22 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 1186 battles
  • 80
  • Member since:
    02-18-2018

View PostFNXXX, on 14 July 2018 - 10:06 PM, said:

 

The WG.net login is broken with Firefox. I cannot create ticked or use most pages that redirects to wargaming.net for sign-in. The problem occurs with latest Firefox with uBlock and 3rd-pary cookies disabled as well as with Firefox with stock, unmodified profile. I guess that is something to do with cookie isolation that now is on by default in Firefox. I am unable to open support ticket.

Killed a green, got a ban. Ok !

 

Firefox: go to tools, options, set them up. You have 24 hrs to figure it out   :P

 

Good luck !

 

Edit: also remove name of player or face a forum ban also ...


Edited by Les_chars_gris, 14 July 2018 - 10:23 PM.


FNXXX #8 Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:28 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 9759 battles
  • 47
  • [IE_LV] IE_LV
  • Member since:
    06-25-2012

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 14 July 2018 - 11:17 PM, said:

So you lost your premium day? Good, learn the lesson and don't be an idiot in future.

 

View Postcragarion, on 14 July 2018 - 11:19 PM, said:

Should have thought about daily missions BEFORE YOU BROKE THE RULES nobody to blame but yourself.

 

I want to see how you will react if I push You out of position into enemy fire. I will wait till the ban expires. Maybe I will never play the game again. I invested time and also money in it. But with every change the game is getting worse. There is zero progress on some issues for years!

 

One more problem. The loading times. Before 1.0 I was loaded into game with countdown still having 20 seconds remaining. Now the game are started when the loading screen dissappears. And it still loads! When I play light tank in Mines, I need to get to hill fast. While driving towards hill, I am hit by invisible enemy tanks, and not invisible because I have not spotted them, but invisible because the game engine have not loaded the tanks! The solution is to load everything at loading time, not while playing. This is not GTA4. And wait for all players to finish loading before starting game like in League of Legends. I have 8-core i7 and 8GB RAM with fastest 7200RPM 1TB drive available, so the problem is in game, not my system.



cragarion #9 Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:33 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 43000 battles
  • 2,205
  • Member since:
    07-10-2010

View PostFNXXX, on 14 July 2018 - 10:28 PM, said:

 

 

I want to see how you will react if I push You out of position into enemy fire. I will wait till the ban expires. Maybe I will never play the game again. I invested time and also money in it. But with every change the game is getting worse. There is zero progress on some issues for years!

 

One more problem. The loading times. Before 1.0 I was loaded into game with countdown still having 20 seconds remaining. Now the game are started when the loading screen dissappears. And it still loads! When I play light tank in Mines, I need to get to hill fast. While driving towards hill, I am hit by invisible enemy tanks, and not invisible because I have not spotted them, but invisible because the game engine have not loaded the tanks! The solution is to load everything at loading time, not while playing. This is not GTA4. And wait for all players to finish loading before starting game like in League of Legends. I have 8-core i7 and 8GB RAM with fastest 7200RPM 1TB drive available, so the problem is in game, not my system.

 

What you do is report them and send the game-play into support to get them banned,

2 wrongs don't make a right,

and who lost out here the player you killed ?,

or you ?

you broke the rules you got punished as they say if you cant do the time don't do the crime.



Nishi_Kinuyo #10 Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:36 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 7484 battles
  • 3,912
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

And that is why you ignore griefers.

The less you react to them, the less fun they get from it.

View PostFNXXX, on 14 July 2018 - 10:28 PM, said:

 

 

I want to see how you will react if I push You out of position into enemy fire. I will wait till the ban expires. Maybe I will never play the game again. I invested time and also money in it. But with every change the game is getting worse. There is zero progress on some issues for years!

 

One more problem. The loading times. Before 1.0 I was loaded into game with countdown still having 20 seconds remaining. Now the game are started when the loading screen dissappears. And it still loads! When I play light tank in Mines, I need to get to hill fast. While driving towards hill, I am hit by invisible enemy tanks, and not invisible because I have not spotted them, but invisible because the game engine have not loaded the tanks! The solution is to load everything at loading time, not while playing. This is not GTA4. And wait for all players to finish loading before starting game like in League of Legends. I have 8-core i7 and 8GB RAM with fastest 7200RPM 1TB drive available, so the problem is in game, not my system.

The problem is your system.

Either your system is several years old, or you got a rubbish OS.

A few weeks ago I put a new GPU into my friend's PC so he'd get more than 20fps at settings above minimum, and he suddenly loaded like 15 seconds late as well.

The same problem I got with my 3rd gen i7 PC with 16GB RAM.

For me, the fix involved putting WoT on an SSD.

For my friend it was an entire new PC (tbf, his was like 10 years old now), but recycling his HDDs while upgrading to Windows 10 (64-Bit).


Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 14 July 2018 - 10:36 PM.


FNXXX #11 Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:37 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 9759 battles
  • 47
  • [IE_LV] IE_LV
  • Member since:
    06-25-2012
If You read my post, You will notice the support system is broken. Even when ticket is created and support answers, there is no punishment for these kind of players. I got very similar issue some time ago. The same - I got pushed out of position, shot in back, I shot back and killed the other player. I got 24h ban, made support ticket, support replied that action have been taken. But the other player was playing battles non-stop while I was banned. Useless system!

FNXXX #12 Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:44 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 9759 battles
  • 47
  • [IE_LV] IE_LV
  • Member since:
    06-25-2012

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 14 July 2018 - 11:36 PM, said:

And that is why you ignore griefers.

The less you react to them, the less fun they get from it.

The problem is your system.

Either your system is several years old, or you got a rubbish OS.

A few weeks ago I put a new GPU into my friend's PC so he'd get more than 20fps at settings above minimum, and he suddenly loaded like 15 seconds late as well.

The same problem I got with my 3rd gen i7 PC with 16GB RAM.

For me, the fix involved putting WoT on an SSD.

For my friend it was an entire new PC (tbf, his was like 10 years old now), but recycling his HDDs while upgrading to Windows 10 (64-Bit).

 

My system is way stronger than minimum requirements. SSD is not a solution for bad decision from developers. As I told, solution is to return to previous loading mechanics when everything is loaded while loading. And wait for all players. Take League of Legends! in LoL I load lightning fast from same harddrive.

 

My system and OS is in good shape. I am computer technician and systems administrator and I know what I am talking.



vixu #13 Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:48 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 41923 battles
  • 3,195
  • Member since:
    03-19-2011

View PostFNXXX, on 14 July 2018 - 10:37 PM, said:

If You read my post, You will notice the support system is broken. Even when ticket is created and support answers, there is no punishment for these kind of players. I got very similar issue some time ago. The same - I got pushed out of position, shot in back, I shot back and killed the other player. I got 24h ban, made support ticket, support replied that action have been taken. But the other player was playing battles non-stop while I was banned. Useless system!

 

Member since 2012, and still doesn't know that you don't shoot green tanks?

 

 

As for firefox... try chrome. Firefox is not the only browser. Many things may cause issues with sites. Different antivirus/malware/add blockers. They all guess the content, and sometimes the get it wrong.

 



Shivva #14 Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:48 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29634 battles
  • 1,955
  • [J_A_G] J_A_G
  • Member since:
    05-20-2012

View PostFNXXX, on 14 July 2018 - 09:44 PM, said:

 

My system is way stronger than minimum requirements. SSD is not a solution for bad decision from developers. As I told, solution is to return to previous loading mechanics when everything is loaded while loading. And wait for all players. Take League of Legends! in LoL I load lightning fast from same harddrive.

 

My system and OS is in good shape. I am computer technician and systems administrator and I know what I am talking.

 

Yeah I know what you are talking too... it rhymes with white....

cragarion #15 Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:48 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 43000 battles
  • 2,205
  • Member since:
    07-10-2010

Because you BROKE THE RULES that is why they took no notice, and because team damage is dealt with automatically by the game, 

You should have done nothing in battle other than make an in battle report on unsportsmanlike conduct,

then after battle send in a replay stating that you were pushed out of position, 

you cant expect them to take action against someone breaking the rules when you are doing the same.

 

Also you can stop all the innocent [edited]because everyone knows you don't get a 24 hour ban for a first offence of tk,

the only way you would have got a 24 hour ban is if you constantly do team damage,

i've team killed and not even turned blue because it's extremely rare i do team damage, longest ban i have ever recieved for team killing was 1 hour,

so you have not only team killed before you have been banned for team killing before,

so get off that damned innocent high horse of yours and just except the fact that you broke the rules and accept your punishment



CircleOfSorrow #16 Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:54 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 28819 battles
  • 1,986
  • Member since:
    12-26-2012
You like stories aye? I have one for you.  On himmesldorf with my ELC even playing peek-a-boo with a T30 while a team mate in a T28HTC does the same from an opposing corner.  We were having a lot of fun until a 13 75 came along and pushed me out of cover.  Karma.  A beautiful thing.  The T30 shot me but only tracked me.  I shot the 13 75, who died, went on to get 4 kills on a win with full hp, and I was first by xp.  The 13 75 was second last by do.

Do you know what the difference between us is?  I shoot allies so infrequently that I have only ever rarely turned blue, and if I ever got a ban I would stop playing for shame.  

vixu #17 Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:03 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 41923 battles
  • 3,195
  • Member since:
    03-19-2011

btw... I wonder. trying WoT side with firefox. it tool forever to load. So interesting call to mc.yandex.ru was blocking for 30 seconds....

 

some statistics tracking thing internet says.... anyways, added 

 

127.0.0.1 for it to hosts file. Now it loads way faster :D


Edited by vixu, 14 July 2018 - 11:03 PM.


FNXXX #18 Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:04 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 9759 battles
  • 47
  • [IE_LV] IE_LV
  • Member since:
    06-25-2012

I will never try to punish ingame turds myself if the support system worked. I only shoot if I am going to die because of the enemy actions or unable to relocate and continue game. In-game reporting does not work, it never worked! If it is possible, you are welcome to use in-game report against me in every game. I am confident it will have zero effect.

 

Now the broken login system. It is caused by cookie and domain isolation in Firefox. I do not use Chrome and never will because of privacy issues. In essence Google Chrome is spyware.

 

edit: The ban have been lifted. Thank You!


Edited by FNXXX, 14 July 2018 - 11:10 PM.


sgtYester #19 Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:10 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 53466 battles
  • 1,520
  • [RANGF] RANGF
  • Member since:
    04-10-2011
1 kill and 24 hour ban? while the normal punishment is a 1 hr ban?  i guess u do a lot more tk than this one

Bordhaw #20 Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:11 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 10875 battles
  • 1,999
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostFNXXX, on 14 July 2018 - 10:04 PM, said:

I will never try to punish ingame turds myself if the support system worked. I only shoot if I am going to die because of the enemy actions or unable to relocate and continue game. In-game reporting does not work, it never worked! If it is possible, you are welcome to use in-game report against me in every game. I am confident it will have zero effect.

 

Now the broken login system. It is caused by cookie and domain isolation in Firefox. I do not use Chrome and never will because of privacy issues. In essence Google Chrome is spyware.

 

edit: The ban have been lifted. Thank You!

 

You'll get a forum ban now too for naming and shaming lol




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users