57 replies to this topic

der_Sandmann #1 Posted 15 July 2018 - 11:49 AM

Private

• Player
  • 35946 battles
  • [_EEF_] _EEF_

POPULAR

Beware wall of text!

First off, let me briefly introduce myself: I've played nearly 35k matches in World of Tanks over several years with 57% WR and about 2200 WN8, no rerolls. These values would probably be a fair bit higher I didn't suck so hard in the beginning ;)
I've been playing pretty much continuously with phases of higher and lower frequencies of playing. I've played all classes of tanks except Artillery.
But I've noticed that my motivation to play is decaying very fast.

The reason for that is that World of Tanks has become pretty much unplayable, at least from tier 6 upwards (can't comment on tier 5 and below, but I guess it's the same or worse).

Let me explain why this is so (no particular order):

Artillery (aka Skycancers, Skypigs, Skynazis, Clickers, you name it):
As soon there are more than 1 clicker in a match aggressive play is pretty much impossible. The "new" mechanics allow Artillery to be more effective against moving targets than against campers because they can hit or splash them reliably. The targets can't hide properly because they are advancing. Even with the fastest scouts driving erratic maneuvers I get clicked regularly as soon as I'm spotted.
If there's more than 1 clicker in a match the best you can do is camp/hide where you can't be hit. That's rather ironic because Artillery was originally designed to keep players from camping.

Match making:
The new 3-5-7 match making leads to being bottom tier most of the time. As an experienced player I have no problem fighting against higher tiered opponents but the impact is still rather small. I can rarely decide the battle if I'm bottom tier, especially in a tier 10 game with even gold ammo not being able to pen a lot of the heavily armored tanks. The latter is a good thing in general as I explain later but a problem in this particular case. Vice versa the top tiers get even more important which leads to a hell lot of rofl stomps depending on how good your top tiers play. If they suck you will get rofl stomped. If they rule your team will win epically but the bottom tiers won't be part of this. The top tiers will have all the fun. So you have very many matches where you can't take part in the fight properly.
At tier 9 and 10 it's vice versa. Because there are so little top tier slots in the 3-5-7 games at these tiers you usually have 1 or 2 tier match making which is kind of boring to begin with. The real problem is that the smaller pool of potential players leads to very strange match making with 10 TDs per side or 5 scouts. It really is screwed up.

Gold ammo and HE/HESH spam aka the uselessness of armor:
There are so many tanks in the game with insanely high pen or just high dmg HE shells that armor has become useless. Even with the most heavily armored tanks you get shot to pieces in no time because every equal tier tank that's willing to pay for it can pen you with gold ammo.
Or your opponent has high caliber HE shells which will splash you for 500 dmg (or 700 - 900 with gold HE) no matter where you are hit. These tanks usually have horrific effective dpm. But that doesn't matter. They can dictate the speed of the fight by going back into cover. If you decide to rush them you usually get wrecked by artillery because you have to leave your own cover.

Bad map design:
Most maps make at least one class of tanks useless. Most maps are city or corridor maps which you can't use light tanks properly. Even mediums struggle a lot of the times. They can't flank the enemy because the map is a freaking corridor with no side entrance. So heavy tanks and TDs rule these maps as long as they don't get gold ammo'ed or HE'ed. When there's an open area it's automatically the artillery kill zone.
The few open maps have the contrary problem: no cover from artillery. You either camp or you get crapon from above. Obviously most people choose to camp which means you can't even spot them because they are hiding behind a rock or whatever. So you have heavies and scouts being pretty much useless. Even mediums of struggle because of artillery fire when they try to advance.

Intentionally overpowered premium tanks and bad overall balance:
Especially tier 8 is ruled by tanks like the WZ-120-FT or the T26E5 which are so epically overpowered that a regular tier 8 tank doesn't stand a chance. I won't go further into detail here because it's so obviously broken.
But also the overall balanced has gone to crap. Tanks like the Super Conqueror the or the infamous Objekt 268 4 are significantly better than their counterparts. The problem of tanks like the Type 5 is explained above. On the other hand there are lower tier tanks that are (intentionally?) horrifically underpowered. Usually those which very long grinds and a very good tier 10 tanks at the end of the line (like the SU-101). I don't play low tiers a lot but I hear it's even worse there.

I really like(d) this game but the problems are so apparent and brutal that recently I usually rage quit after a few matches. The problem is most of these flaws can't be changed easily.

Wargaming can revert the match maker to previous state pretty easily. Add a few tweaks like matching tank classes and we are good. But that's it.
They can't remove artillery without pissing of a lot of (paying) players but they apparently can't come up with a proper mechanic for arty, either.
They cannot or do not want to do a major rebalance including ALL premium tanks. Instead, they sell tanks that were pulled from sale due to being overpowered from time to time for even more money.

The fact that the numbers of players on the EU servers have almost halfed during the summer (even when there no soccer game on TV) makes me think that I'm not the only one having a problem with this game.

Isharial #2 Posted 15 July 2018 - 12:36 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19811 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postder_Sandmann, on 15 July 2018 - 11:49 AM, said:

Beware wall of text!

First off, let me briefly introduce myself: I've played nearly 35k matches in World of Tanks over several years with 57% WR and about 2200 WN8, no rerolls. These values would probably be a fair bit higher I didn't suck so hard in the beginning ;)
I've been playing pretty much continuously with phases of higher and lower frequencies of playing. I've played all classes of tanks except Artillery.

The reason for that is that World of Tanks has become pretty much unplayable, at least from tier 6 upwards (can't comment on tier 5 and below, but I guess it's the same or worse).

As soon there are more than 1 clicker in a match aggressive play is pretty much impossible. The "new" mechanics allow Artillery to be more effective against moving targets than against campers because they can hit or splash them reliably. The targets can't hide properly because they are advancing. Even with the fastest scouts driving erratic maneuvers I get clicked regularly as soon as I'm spotted.
If there's more than 1 clicker in a match the best you can do is camp/hide where you can't be hit. That's rather ironic because Artillery was originally designed to keep players from camping.

Match making:
The new 3-5-7 match making leads to being bottom tier most of the time. As an experienced player I have no problem fighting against higher tiered opponents but the impact is still rather small. I can rarely decide the battle if I'm bottom tier, especially in a tier 10 game with even gold ammo not being able to pen a lot of the heavily armored tanks. The latter is a good thing in general as I explain later but a problem in this particular case. Vice versa the top tiers get even more important which leads to a hell lot of rofl stomps depending on how good your top tiers play. If they suck you will get rofl stomped. If they rule your team will win epically but the bottom tiers won't be part of this. The top tiers will have all the fun. So you have very many matches where you can't take part in the fight properly.
At tier 9 and 10 it's vice versa. Because there are so little top tier slots in the 3-5-7 games at these tiers you usually have 1 or 2 tier match making which is kind of boring to begin with. The real problem is that the smaller pool of potential players leads to very strange match making with 10 TDs per side or 5 scouts. It really is screwed up.

There are so many tanks in the game with insanely high pen or just high dmg HE shells that armor has become useless. Even with the most heavily armored tanks you get shot to pieces in no time because every equal tier tank that's willing to pay for it can pen you with gold ammo.
Or your opponent has high caliber HE shells which will splash you for 500 dmg (or 700 - 900 with gold HE) no matter where you are hit. These tanks usually have horrific effective dpm. But that doesn't matter. They can dictate the speed of the fight by going back into cover. If you decide to rush them you usually get wrecked by artillery because you have to leave your own cover.

Bad map design:
Most maps make at least one class of tanks useless. Most maps are city or corridor maps which you can't use light tanks properly. Even mediums struggle a lot of the times. They can't flank the enemy because the map is a freaking corridor with no side entrance. So heavy tanks and TDs rule these maps as long as they don't get gold ammo'ed or HE'ed. When there's an open area it's automatically the artillery kill zone.
The few open maps have the contrary problem: no cover from artillery. You either camp or you get crapon from above. Obviously most people choose to camp which means you can't even spot them because they are hiding behind a rock or whatever. So you have heavies and scouts being pretty much useless. Even mediums of struggle because of artillery fire when they try to advance.

Especially tier 8 is ruled by tanks like the WZ-120-FT or the T26E5 which are so epically overpowered that a regular tier 8 tank doesn't stand a chance. I won't go further into detail here because it's so obviously broken.
But also the overall balanced has gone to crap. Tanks like the Super Conqueror the or the infamous Objekt 268 4 are significantly better than their counterparts. The problem of tanks like the Type 5 is explained above. On the other hand there are lower tier tanks that are (intentionally?) horrifically underpowered. Usually those which very long grinds and a very good tier 10 tanks at the end of the line (like the SU-101). I don't play low tiers a lot but I hear it's even worse there.

I really like(d) this game but the problems are so apparent and brutal that recently I usually rage quit after a few matches. The problem is most of these flaws can't be changed easily.

Wargaming can revert the match maker to previous state pretty easily. Add a few tweaks like matching tank classes and we are good. But that's it.
They can't remove artillery without pissing of a lot of (paying) players but they apparently can't come up with a proper mechanic for arty, either.
They cannot or do not want to do a major rebalance including ALL premium tanks. Instead, they sell tanks that were pulled from sale due to being overpowered from time to time for even more money.

The fact that the numbers of players on the EU servers have almost halfed during the summer (even when there no soccer game on TV) makes me think that I'm not the only one having a problem with this game.

a lot of this is just "I got shot" more than game balance issues or problems. read between the lines and its entirely "I don't like artillery and things that shoot me"

1. sure, you might hate arty, but there are others who love it, and others who see its usefulness. im part of the 3rd option, given I suck at playing it, but I respect those who do well with it. I have more faith in a decent arty player aiding the team, than people such as you OP, you wont care the other flank is falling, you wont care someone cant deal with a particular tank and requires help, you'll leave them to die and farm damage when game is lost, but an arty cant afford to do that, they cant carry alone without some sheer luck, you can. 

honestly, the last time I got hit while moving was in slow tanks and arty isn't the only thing that can do that... most arty can stun (some cannot) and mostly do less than half their tiers normal alpha. is that really an "issue"?

2. 3-5-7 has its issues, but are you honestly saying that games with 15 TX vs 14 TX and you as a T8 was more balanced? because its not. "noobs" and bottom tiers have a far better chance to influence a battle now than they ever did....

you might end up bottom tier more, but that doesn't matter when there is always the same tier on the enemy team, you have something you know you can deal with alone without them making a mistake. 

is it screwed up? really? lets face it its not standard. it makes you do things you wouldn't normally do, and that's good for gameplay as it breaks it and makes it less predicatable. if the game was the same every battle, with the same number of tanks and classes in it, would you say that WASNT boring and stale?

3. HE is good now? you cant just generalise like this....

yes big alpha HE is awkward, but its doing what its designed to do. counter armour.. they even tell you that in the game tips. most tanks don't even have a useable HE shell however, so its specific tanks again. that doesn't mean the entire system is broken and its a mass problem.

and you should know gold ammo doesn't automatically mean damage, its only an increased chance and sometimes its actually worse to fire it in some circumstances. 

oh, I should add, why is KV-2 "fine"? high alpha HE, but zero people complain about it. if your going to remove them, remove them ALL, not just 2 at TX... there are more tiers than TX

what does artillery have to do with this? there's usually 1-2 a game, if even that sometimes.. the chances of attempting to rush a jap heavy or E100 and getting immediately wrecked by arty is slim.. yeah they can hit you, but those HE tanks will do 2/3x more damage than the arty will... is this some kind of cover up for you failing at rushing them or something?

4. maps aren't great, I think most would agree on that. there are some gems in the game, and new ones haven't been too bad, frontline shows that, if/when it comes back ofcourse.

open area's aren't automatically kill zones, I mean, you just stated they'll be staring at you in the heavy corner rushing a Type so the open area's should be free right? :girl:

in seriousness, open area's aren't all bad, obviously rushing them 30 seconds in isn't a smart idea but later in the game they can become quite useful and even battle turning. you'd be wiser to not discount them entirely, regardless of what you think of arty

5. game balance has always been an issue, but some tanks the players think are horribly overpowered, aren't actually overpowered, like scorpion G, which performs winrate wise the same as all the other German TD's.. you also have T95, which was, the last time I looked, close to 60% winrate, more "Op" than some of the tanks people scream are horribly broken. 

don't mention lower tiers if you don't play them, your just spouting nonsense at that point, its not "worse". there's some tanks which perform well, but majority of T5-6 can deal with each other, same with most T7's (there are some poor tanks, like AC 46, but its no different to other tiers)

the old matchmaker was awful, and that's why they changed it. too many times you got 3/4 more top tiers on the enemy team and it was decided before battle countdown. that's not "good" or "fun" or "balanced". reverting it is like buffing Type 5 HE to 2k a shot and leaving it there. not smart.

arty has a lot of players, so a lot would leave if they removed it. more than those that would come back and those that hate it are still playing so in WG's eyes its fine. arty could become TD's that fire over obstacles, the closer they are to the enemy the better the accuracy and aim time, further away makes it 2/3/4x more inaccurate working by distance, or something. but even then people will still hate it sat in their heavy tanks trying to brawl corners. WG will never win because of people like you who will hate it regardless of what they do to it, and if they ever did remove it, you'll just hate on TD's (as you already hinted at in the post)

#worldofOBJ430

The fact that the numbers of players on the EU servers have almost halfed during the summer 

its summer? its the school holidays for most? ever heard of going on holiday? or sunbathing? 

Kirusawa #3 Posted 15 July 2018 - 12:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6146 battles
  • [CATI] CATI
You are right bro. Im quitted 2 months ago as well cuz these annoying things, the game is just not fun anymore so the easyest was to quit and let wg eat the soup what they made. I had continusly prem,prem vehicles. But luckyly is exprired probably i never gonna buy a new one. With the prem vehicles have some owerpowered but every miracle takes untill the next patch or they nerf it to hell or just came a new mostly russian vehicle what put it into shame,and its not only the premiums. The whole german tech tree is a piece of crapjust trash in a game they never upgrade them. Maybe these tanks are so useless they cannot upgrade it anymore to be usefull i dont know. Other thing new graphic etc nice but eho cares until, the bug heavy etc vehicles are exist or the russian ufi vehicles with impossible values. You get shotted without spot not even once. So its just broken like hell. I wonder when they gonna decrease the money draining and try to make this broken unbalanced game , a playable fun game. Probably never.

gunslingerXXX #4 Posted 15 July 2018 - 12:49 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11058 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

Beware wall of text!

Match making:

Bad map design:

View PostIsharial, on 15 July 2018 - 12:36 PM, said:

a lot of this is just "I got shot" more than game balance issues or problems. read between the lines and its entirely "I don't like artillery and things that shoot me"

1. sure, you might hate arty, but there are others who love it, and others who see its usefulness. im part of the 3rd option, given I suck at playing it, but I respect those who do well with it. I have more faith in a decent arty player aiding the team, than people such as you OP, you wont care the other flank is falling, you wont care someone cant deal with a particular tank and requires help, you'll leave them to die and farm damage when game is lost, but an arty cant afford to do that, they cant carry alone without some sheer luck, you can. 

honestly, the last time I got hit while moving was in slow tanks and arty isn't the only thing that can do that... most arty can stun (some cannot) and mostly do less than half their tiers normal alpha. is that really an "issue"?

2. 3-5-7 has its issues, but are you honestly saying that games with 15 TX vs 14 TX and you as a T8 was more balanced? because its not. "noobs" and bottom tiers have a far better chance to influence a battle now than they ever did....

you might end up bottom tier more, but that doesn't matter when there is always the same tier on the enemy team, you have something you know you can deal with alone without them making a mistake. 

is it screwed up? really? lets face it its not standard. it makes you do things you wouldn't normally do, and that's good for gameplay as it breaks it and makes it less predicatable. if the game was the same every battle, with the same number of tanks and classes in it, would you say that WASNT boring and stale?

3. HE is good now? you cant just generalise like this....

yes big alpha HE is awkward, but its doing what its designed to do. counter armour.. they even tell you that in the game tips. most tanks don't even have a useable HE shell however, so its specific tanks again. that doesn't mean the entire system is broken and its a mass problem.

and you should know gold ammo doesn't automatically mean damage, its only an increased chance and sometimes its actually worse to fire it in some circumstances. 

oh, I should add, why is KV-2 "fine"? high alpha HE, but zero people complain about it. if your going to remove them, remove them ALL, not just 2 at TX... there are more tiers than TX

what does artillery have to do with this? there's usually 1-2 a game, if even that sometimes.. the chances of attempting to rush a jap heavy or E100 and getting immediately wrecked by arty is slim.. yeah they can hit you, but those HE tanks will do 2/3x more damage than the arty will... is this some kind of cover up for you failing at rushing them or something?

4. maps aren't great, I think most would agree on that. there are some gems in the game, and new ones haven't been too bad, frontline shows that, if/when it comes back ofcourse.

open area's aren't automatically kill zones, I mean, you just stated they'll be staring at you in the heavy corner rushing a Type so the open area's should be free right? :girl:

in seriousness, open area's aren't all bad, obviously rushing them 30 seconds in isn't a smart idea but later in the game they can become quite useful and even battle turning. you'd be wiser to not discount them entirely, regardless of what you think of arty

5. game balance has always been an issue, but some tanks the players think are horribly overpowered, aren't actually overpowered, like scorpion G, which performs winrate wise the same as all the other German TD's.. you also have T95, which was, the last time I looked, close to 60% winrate, more "Op" than some of the tanks people scream are horribly broken. 

don't mention lower tiers if you don't play them, your just spouting nonsense at that point, its not "worse". there's some tanks which perform well, but majority of T5-6 can deal with each other, same with most T7's (there are some poor tanks, like AC 46, but its no different to other tiers)

the old matchmaker was awful, and that's why they changed it. too many times you got 3/4 more top tiers on the enemy team and it was decided before battle countdown. that's not "good" or "fun" or "balanced". reverting it is like buffing Type 5 HE to 2k a shot and leaving it there. not smart.

arty has a lot of players, so a lot would leave if they removed it. more than those that would come back and those that hate it are still playing so in WG's eyes its fine. arty could become TD's that fire over obstacles, the closer they are to the enemy the better the accuracy and aim time, further away makes it 2/3/4x more inaccurate working by distance, or something. but even then people will still hate it sat in their heavy tanks trying to brawl corners. WG will never win because of people like you who will hate it regardless of what they do to it, and if they ever did remove it, you'll just hate on TD's (as you already hinted at in the post)

#worldofOBJ430

The fact that the numbers of players on the EU servers have almost halfed during the summer 

its summer? its the school holidays for most? ever heard of going on holiday? or sunbathing? 

View PostKirusawa, on 15 July 2018 - 12:40 PM, said:

You are right bro. Im quitted 2 months ago as well cuz these annoying things, the game is just not fun anymore so the easyest was to quit and let wg eat the soup what they made. I had continusly prem,prem vehicles. But luckyly is exprired probably i never gonna buy a new one. With the prem vehicles have some owerpowered but every miracle takes untill the next patch or they nerf it to hell or just came a new mostly russian vehicle what put it into shame,and its not only the premiums. The whole german tech tree is a piece of crapjust trash in a game they never upgrade them. Maybe these tanks are so useless they cannot upgrade it anymore to be usefull i dont know. Other thing new graphic etc nice but eho cares until, the bug heavy etc vehicles are exist or the russian ufi vehicles with impossible values. You get shotted without spot not even once. So its just broken like hell. I wonder when they gonna decrease the money draining and try to make this broken unbalanced game , a playable fun game. Probably never.

Great wall of china text

Hedgehog1963 #5 Posted 15 July 2018 - 12:51 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51284 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
Whingeing is up to 11 right now...

truoste #6 Posted 15 July 2018 - 12:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38045 battles
You are just not the target audience anymore. What you described as issues seem more like deliberate attempts to make the game more enjoyable for casual gamers. I have pretty much the same issues as you and decided to join the casual gamer portion and have not had any issues with the game since. It was something like 3-4 weeks ago and it feels great. With casual I mean that i casually watch jingles video every now and then, casually.  

_b_ #7 Posted 15 July 2018 - 01:12 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 55203 battles

Just by stopping paying game have improved...a lil'bit at least. And not caring overly much. This last is most important, otherwise rage will follow.

I've now accepted that WG as a company are utterly useless, and have just been very lucky by being first in coming up with an otherwise ok tank game.

So unlike the usual dinger comments that you are just sad about being hit, I'll say most of your observations are correct for the most part. Arty as implemented in current form makes game less fun, except for those who do personal missions or somehow actually play this class thinking it's fun. Balancing department don't play their own game, as maps and some vehicle like bobject  can show us.

The tl:dr version: stop paying and stop caring and you'll most likely still have fun :)

Jigabachi #8 Posted 15 July 2018 - 01:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Welcome to the club. You basically just repeated what many of us tell WG since years.

But they don't care. And what so horribly many players don't understand: If you keep paying and buying, you basically tell WG that everything is working perfectly and that every new change they introduce is perfect.

Edited by Jigabachi, 15 July 2018 - 01:22 PM.

CmdRatScabies #9 Posted 15 July 2018 - 01:18 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37610 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Posttruoste, on 15 July 2018 - 12:54 PM, said:

You are just not the target audience anymore. What you described as issues seem more like deliberate attempts to make the game more enjoyable for casual gamers.

Sadly I think you might be right.  I'm holding out hope that it's c0ck up rather than a plan or that they change direction as the plan doesn't appear to be working but it's gonna take a while.

Edited by CmdRatScabies, 15 July 2018 - 01:19 PM.

WindSplitter1 #10 Posted 15 July 2018 - 01:19 PM

Major

• Player
  • 15997 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

TL DR; OP hates arty.

@WG_M, you know what to do

//Thread

peekakilla #11 Posted 15 July 2018 - 01:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10359 battles
this is the EU forum, there are no mexicans here.

Mko #12 Posted 15 July 2018 - 02:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 16132 battles

Artillery was never designed to punish campers or anything like that, it's just what they say. Artillery is one of the skill equalizers (along with massive RNG and gold ammo and other stuff). Artillery only ever punishes people who are in the front fighting, and that's often going to be the better players. It basically never punishes campers because campers are not spotted. It's really bad for the game, and the game would have been so much better without it. Though the recent superheavy spam kinda makes artillery a necessity in some situations because you're not supposed to pen a superheavy, right? All makes perfect sense... somewhere in somebody's head, not in mine. Tier 8 superheavy vs. tier 6/7 tanks on corridor maps, gut job WG.

Corridor maps are just a way of catering to the casual players, and surprisingly also the whales. The maps are extremely simplified, so you just drive to the corridor and sit there and you fight frontally vs. other tanks. It basically doesn't matter where you go. Don't even think about flanking, you will be punished. If you struggle to pen, press 2. Then the whales get the premium tanks with OP armor, which are better at corridor fighting than normal tanks.

3-5-7 MM is an absolute disaster. 3 players on the team can have fun shooting up lower tiers. The rest, well, depends on what they are playing. If you are only against +1 it's not that bad. If you are against +2, you are kinda screwed.

der_Sandmann #13 Posted 15 July 2018 - 02:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 35946 battles
  • [_EEF_] _EEF_

View PostJigabachi, on 15 July 2018 - 12:18 PM, said:

Welcome to the club. You basically just repeated what many of us tell WG since years.

But they don't care. And what so horribly many players don't understand: If you keep paying and buying, you basically tell WG that everything is working perfectly and that every new change they introduce is perfect.

I haven't payed WG anything for about 2 years now. Just using their server capacities to play once in a while (meaning costing them money). The sad truth is that you are right. Their money maker works a lot better then their match maker. At least until they mess up this game so much that even the paying lemmings won't be willing to sink money into WOT.

Steve8066 #14 Posted 15 July 2018 - 03:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12432 battles

Bad map design:

The maps are appallingly bad and getting worse with every change they make. Whoever at WG designs them simply doesnt play the game and hasnt got a scooby doo. You might spend loads upgrading the gfx engine but to be perfectly honest, the money would have been better spent on getting some professional map designers in and not using the current cowboys.Its all well and good polishing things, but a turd is still a turd even if its shiny.

DrMechano #15 Posted 15 July 2018 - 03:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23678 battles

The main problem is that WG doesn't have a major competitor. War Thunder is too simulator for arcade players, Armoured Warfare was just a freaking shambles (and it also proved more people will play PvE than PvP when given the choice...PvE should have really been AWs main focus) AND it requires a fairly decent rig to run, unlike the Potato you can run Wot on. There's nothing out there that is really forcing WG to actually make any changes...why would they? They're still at a 90% of the market share when it comes to multiplayer Arcade tank games.

They couldn't give a toss about the NA or EU markets, despite EU being their 'whale' section (apparently EU players spend more money than RU or NA players) and only really seem to care about supporting and keeping the RU segment happy.

Element6 #16 Posted 15 July 2018 - 04:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29305 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Posttruoste, on 15 July 2018 - 12:54 PM, said:

You are just not the target audience anymore. What you described as issues seem more like deliberate attempts to make the game more enjoyable for casual gamers. I have pretty much the same issues as you and decided to join the casual gamer portion and have not had any issues with the game since. It was something like 3-4 weeks ago and it feels great. With casual I mean that i casually watch jingles video every now and then, casually.  

Question is, did WG change the definition of target audicence over the years, or did the time players spend in the game change them as players and thus moved them away from what has always been the same target audicience?

Bordhaw #17 Posted 15 July 2018 - 05:01 PM

Major

• Player
  • 11548 battles

View Postder_Sandmann, on 15 July 2018 - 10:49 AM, said:

Beware wall of text!

Match making:

Bad map design:

wsatnutter #18 Posted 15 July 2018 - 05:06 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 24957 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr leave go away play something else we choose to suffer

VendettaSRB #19 Posted 15 July 2018 - 06:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11624 battles

It is a crapgame.

Not that any of you care, but today I am done with it.

It is either bad MM, or I am bottom tier with no chance other than to use gold (which I don't do out of spite). I also desert all of my games where I am bottom tier when in a heavy tank, also out of spite.

So it is either bad MM, being bottom tier, playing against OP premium tanks like Defender or Scorpion, watching morons play OP japanese heavy HE spamming craps.

I still enjoy some games, but right now it is more in the lines of "I suffer 10 to have one enjoyable game". And it is not even about winning. I don't care if I lose, just give me the same [edited]chance. Not put me in a VK 100.01 P in a bottom tier. I think I have about 30 games in that tank where I just auto desert when I am bottom tier. Not worth the stress.

But today I am quitting. Hope everyone else who is dissatisfied quits as well so they learn that nothing is sustainable if you only care about getting as much money as you can.

Tips for you autistic devs:

1: Stop with 2 tier spread. I don't care how, if you don't do it, you will slowly lose players and eventually it will be too late.

2: Remove gold ammo, make the game more balanced.

3: Kill yourself.

Have fun guys.

Ch1valry #20 Posted 15 July 2018 - 06:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 37295 battles

Couldn't agree more with the opening post.

Also tagged with wall of text, rant

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users