Rant: Artilery is once again destroying the game! It just does it in a different way than before...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

_Sentinel_ #1 Posted 15 July 2018 - 02:41 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15146 battles

Currently grinding Tiger II line to E100.

Not only is tier 8 MM still utter crap, with most matches being tier 10 shitfests, but artilery is everywhere in these games. In more than half of the games there are 3 pigs on every team, making gameplay total cancer. What are we there for WG? Are we there in these games to play and have fun, or to get perma stunned, perma tracked, and have all our modules damaged from the first moment we get spotted. What kind of game has this become? We join battles only to become arty food. 

The purpose of games is to entertain, but how can you have fun for example pushing the hill on Malinovka on an Encounter with 3 skycancers shelling you all the time? 7 tanks push the hill on both teams just so pigs can laugh and click them for full damage like it's nothing. Any type of aggerssive play is almost imediately punished by the first clicker breaking your tracks, and then even if you repair, you've lost all your speed, so the other two score direct hits. All the while you can do nothing but pray and curse the moment you pressed the "Battle" button and the moment you decided not to camp behind some rock like a little [edited]! Is that what you want from your game? I'd even rather take my chances with your previous cancer system where they had a high chance to one shot you! Nowadays the pigs shoot like machineguns. They missed you? Don't worry you're stunned for 5 minutes so you're not going anywhere! The next 50 artilery shells are just a few seconds away from hitting you :)

Seems to me like the ideal game WG want is a corridor/chokepoint fest where people spend the match cowering behind solid cover in order to stay artilery safe. If that's your goal you have achieved it, that's the current state of the game.

WG do you play your own game? If the answer is yes, then another question. Do you enjoy playing your game?

Edited by _Sentinel_, 15 July 2018 - 02:41 PM.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 15 July 2018 - 02:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64316 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
You make it sound like the Tiger II would be more enjoyable even without arty. Arty is the least of the Tiger II's issues tbh. 

Desyatnik_Pansy #3 Posted 15 July 2018 - 02:46 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 15520 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostBalc0ra, on 15 July 2018 - 02:42 PM, said:

You make it sound like the Tiger II would be more enjoyable even without arty. Arty is the least of the Tiger II's issues tbh. 

Arty does absolutely crap on Heavies like the Tiger II Though, which as you mentioned, has it's fair share of problems already. 

_Sentinel_ #4 Posted 15 July 2018 - 02:50 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15146 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 15 July 2018 - 01:42 PM, said:

Didn't want to make it even longer, but yes. This tank used to have at least some place in the game years ago, even though it was never one of the "stronk tenks" people go to, to have fun. Nowadays it's one of the most painful things you can do to yourself in WoT.

I said what tank I'm playing just to give you the context of the matches the MM puts me in.

Oh and if by some miracle you manage to avoid all 3 pigs shooting you, and you're behind some cover...in comes Type 4 or Type 5 heavy to shoot you for a million damage in the small pixel of sidescraping armor that sticks out.

Edited by _Sentinel_, 15 July 2018 - 02:54 PM.

Yaccay #5 Posted 15 July 2018 - 02:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31931 battles

13kaki.jpg

13kabw.jpg

fears.jpg

Asklepi0s #6 Posted 15 July 2018 - 03:06 PM

• 5690 battles
  • [WG_M] WG_M
Once again !
Due to the high number of Artillery threads, we want discussions to take place in the main pinned thread here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users