WG.net Game Centre

Game Centre Disconnect Timeout

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

AdsterMFC #1 Posted 15 July 2018 - 08:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7333 battles

I figured I would try out Total War Arena and had to install the Wargaming.net Gaming Centre. I have never had any issue in World of Tanks before and do not use mods. I haven't had any issue with service provider for internet in over 2 years and I have had a ping plot since then and it shows no issues. Ever since installing the Game Centre yesterday I am experiencing issues. Often unable to load into game (orange/red bar goes to max on map name then game hangs). I am usually one of the 1st one or 2 into a game (SSD and generally good quality PC). Sometimes post game it takes an eternity to sync and show garage. It has a number of times posted an error back cannot connect and the red button to connect to game appears. Rest of internet is just fine and dandy.

Wondered if anybody else has poor quality experience with this install? Haven't tried Total War yet and thinking just to uninstall as I don't want these issues to interrupt tanking (despite reaching a new personal best of 39 games in a row without being top tier yesterday).

WindSplitter1 #2 Posted 15 July 2018 - 08:10 PM

Major

• Player
  • 15951 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostAdsterMFC, on 15 July 2018 - 07:06 PM, said:

I figured I would try out Total War Arena and had to install the Wargaming.net Gaming Centre. I have never had any issue in World of Tanks before and do not use mods. I haven't had any issue with service provider for internet in over 2 years and I have had a ping plot since then and it shows no issues. Ever since installing the Game Centre yesterday I am experiencing issues. Often unable to load into game (orange/red bar goes to max on map name then game hangs). I am usually one of the 1st one or 2 into a game (SSD and generally good quality PC). Sometimes post game it takes an eternity to sync and show garage. It has a number of times posted an error back cannot connect and the red button to connect to game appears. Rest of internet is just fine and dandy.

Wondered if anybody else has poor quality experience with this install? Haven't tried Total War yet and thinking just to uninstall as I don't want these issues to interrupt tanking (despite reaching a new personal best of 39 games in a row without being top tier yesterday).

I had WoWP installed.

To launch the game

To update the game

To just check the game's status

It launches that POC bloatware.

Even uninstalling it was an ordeal. I won't play another WG game that requires me to have that junk installed.

In my opinion, it should be WG game PC > Game Launcher > Game client and not another unecessary and unwanted step.

PervyPastryPuffer #3 Posted 15 July 2018 - 08:14 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31014 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

I was given a survey to take about the Game Center yesterday. Honestly had nothing good to say about it...

It's just annoying, and utterly pointless, and the worst part is, once you tie a game to it, you have to completely uninstall all the games and the Game Center itself if you want the game run from its own client like WoT and WoWS still do.

Utter BS and a waste of time, WG's attempt at having their own "app" to store all their games in one place is a major flop.

Jumping_Turtle #4 Posted 15 July 2018 - 08:53 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 61415 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT
The latest updates to the game center arw a nightmare. Cant chose what server to lon on anymore.

When invited to platoon I cant switch servers anymore automaticly. Notification even tells me I cant join due to being on the wrong server.

Never had much troubles with it till the last update.

A real nightmare

Bordhaw #5 Posted 15 July 2018 - 09:10 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11543 battles

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 15 July 2018 - 07:14 PM, said:

I was given a survey to take about the Game Center yesterday. Honestly had nothing good to say about it...

It's just annoying, and utterly pointless, and the worst part is, once you tie a game to it, you have to completely uninstall all the games and the Game Center itself if you want the game run from its own client like WoT and WoWS still do.

Utter BS and a waste of time, WG's attempt at having their own "app" to store all their games in one place is a major flop.

:confused:

PervyPastryPuffer #6 Posted 15 July 2018 - 09:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31014 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostBordhaw, on 15 July 2018 - 09:10 PM, said:

:confused:

It's not only that. The UI is laggy, as if running at 24 FPS, making navigation sluggish, and I have to close GC manually after I start for example, WoWP so it doesn't waste processing power. It doesn't close on its own.

My PC is far from a potato, there's no reason why the UI runs at a low framerate. It's just unoptimized.

Nishi_Kinuyo #7 Posted 15 July 2018 - 09:41 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 7725 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

I got no issues since I've installed that game cente thingy around a half year ago. :amazed:

Well, not entirely true..

My only issue atm is that with the one-login thingy I can't pick which server to get onto at WoT.

Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 15 July 2018 - 09:43 PM.

Jbnn #8 Posted 16 July 2018 - 07:26 AM

• 9627 battles
  • [WG_M] WG_M
Hello there, 

I hope tech guru's will help you solving your situation. Otherwise you can contact customer support and receive help from their side. 
PD: Add a WG check to ticket. 

Anyway, moving thread to tech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users