Inactivity warning (a sort of fail detection) - should I be worried about this?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

te3434 #1 Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30508 battles
  • [FE2O3] FE2O3

Recently I got a warning about being "inactive", i.e. leaving the battle before being destroyed. This happened because my game crashed for some reason...

A couple of days later I was playing while expecting to leave the game and go somewhere. I played a battle and it was a good one, I did some dmg etc.. (I mean, I was present in the match with much influence). Then there was just one arty left, I found it and started to aim at it, but I had to leave home so I just closed the game and left.

It's just a game, and I'll leave it whenever I want, as much as I want as soon there is something more important to do. It is not my obligation to play! Nothing must force me to play when I don't want (or even worse, when I can't)!

Then, after a couple of hours when I came back, I opened the game to see that I didn't receive any credits or nothing for the match and another warning. The system is failing because I did NOT exit the battle itself, I exited the client, and there would be no way to enter another battle and abuse the system that way, so it is a wrong detection. To be honest, I don't give a **** about the credits and xp of every battle. I have stopped researching new tanks a while ago (I have enough diverse types of vehicles already), and now I'm playing just for fun.

The thing is, should I be worried about this failing mechanics of detecting inactive players? If I will always only loose credits and xp for "leaving the battle" (sort of), and if it can happen 100 times without any kind of ban, then I'm ok with it. Does anyone know what happens if this occurs multiple times?

EDIT: I'm leaving this post as original, but please read my replies below before creating your opinion, because I obviously didn't explain this properly at first.

Edited by te3434, 17 July 2018 - 10:10 PM.

Nethraniel #2 Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:20 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 13535 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Actually this is completely ok, the way it is. This is not just some game, but a game where you play a match with 29 other persons. They also invest their time and want to have a nice game. If you abandon matches as you wish, you might rob them off their own experience. If you do not have enough time for a full battle, do not start a game. Everything else is egoistical and partially asoscial. These online games are not just for your own comfort but for all players together. So, stop acting like a special snowflake and act more for the community. 

Homer_J #3 Posted 16 July 2018 - 01:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30176 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postte3434, on 16 July 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

Then, after a couple of hours when I came back, I opened the game to see that I didn't receive any credits or nothing for the match and another warning. The system is failing because I did NOT exit the battle itself, I exited the client, 

You exit the client you exit the battle, this is annoying for your team mates and that is why you get punished.

The average battle time is something like 6 minutes.  If you know you will have to leave home in the next 15 minutes DON'T PRESS BATTLE.

Does anyone know what happens if this occurs multiple times?

Then the bot detection will kick in and you will have your account reset.

Edited by Homer_J, 16 July 2018 - 01:13 PM.

lassekille #4 Posted 16 July 2018 - 01:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13901 battles
  • [-FRI-] -FRI-

"Then there was just one arty left, I found it and started to aim at it, but I had to leave home so I just closed the game and left."

That means that your teammates at best got a draw, in stead of a win if you had finished the game. Do you think that is fair?

Actually you do have an obligation to finish a game, an obligation to all the other players.

te3434 #5 Posted 16 July 2018 - 02:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30508 battles
  • [FE2O3] FE2O3

Thank you for quick reply. Good to know about it.

View Postlassekille, on 16 July 2018 - 12:51 PM, said:

"Then there was just one arty left, I found it and started to aim at it, but I had to leave home so I just closed the game and left."

That means that your teammates at best got a draw, in stead of a win if you had finished the game. Do you think that is fair?

Actually you do have an obligation to finish a game, an obligation to all the other players.

Oh, sorry for not saying enough info. There was actually left only one arty in enemy team, and there were almost 10 allies on my team. The game has probably finished after less than a minute (victory of course).

I know it's not ok to have almost won the game and then someone to get afk and loose. But when there is no difference of being there or not, it shouldn't be a problem. I don't say it happens often, but because of game crash or maybe even disconnect (which can happen very often, but I hope it doesn't count because it's unpredictable), and then I once have something more important to do and get banned or something. It wouldn't be right.

When it is a sure 100% win after being active in the game, it is not the same as entering a battle and leaving immediately to enter another, i.e. abusing the system (for example because you don't like MM or something).

I didn't understand that people get that much stressed about a game. From my experience (like playing games with friends in gamerooms in past) I always thought games are played for fun mostly (if not exclusively). Although (like every kid) when I played a game I didn't want to stop and do something that I should do (like studying or having lunch), which is not really a healthy way of living. Because of that I got a more relaxed altitude about games.

Anyway, I apologize for my behavior, because of the people who are concerned about it. I'll try to avoid this as much as I can. I'll just have to play more rarely when I'm sure I'll have unobstructed time (I usually don't have a special time for playing games, I just grab a pause between work and other, but ok).

Jigabachi #6 Posted 16 July 2018 - 03:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postte3434, on 16 July 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

I didn't understand that people get that much stressed about a game. From my experience (like playing games with friends in gamerooms in past) I always thought games are played for fun mostly (if not exclusively). Although (like every kid) when I played a game I didn't want to stop and do something that I should do (like studying or having lunch), which is not really a healthy way of living. Because of that I got a more relaxed altitude about gagames.

Always remember that you are playing this game with 29 other people.

What would you do if all those people quitted the game because they don't care? Would you like that.

You always have the option to play singleplayergames if your level of care for other people is that low.

te3434 #7 Posted 16 July 2018 - 03:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30508 battles
  • [FE2O3] FE2O3

You always have the option to play singleplayergames if your level of care for other people is that low.

te3434 #8 Posted 16 July 2018 - 03:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30508 battles
  • [FE2O3] FE2O3

Of course I wouldn't like that. But that's not a valid argument since the chances to get into a ghost battle (29 afk players) or even just more than, lets say 5 afk players is very very low anyways. Even in case that everybody has unstable internet, weak computer and needs to leave game often, the chance is very low.

As I said, it happens rarely. I just asked if I should ignore it or take measures before I get unlucky row of game crashes combined with urgent leaving of the game and get banned because of it. I'm thinking ahead and reacting on first warnings, which made me think that I can actually be abused by the system accidentally (which is true, so I will do something about it).

Please don't tell me about level of care to other people (players). In battles I mostly care about team play (although I learned not to be annoyed when most of others are selfish). I would rather sacrifice my tank to help an ally (for example, when one gets flipped to side) than ignore and play for myself (which usually would result in more XP but a guilty feeling and sometimes a defeat).

I only looked at it from my perspective, since I don't get upset because of someone being afk. Again, it is just a game, and no matter how important it is to be present in the game (in my previous posts, I didn't mean it isn't important), there are always more important things and there is really no need to be stressed. However, I learnt something from your replies, and no matter how few or many players there are who do get upset with this thing, I will do something about it.

PS something happened with quoting so all the text disappeared. I'm trying without quote

Homer_J #9 Posted 16 July 2018 - 04:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30176 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postte3434, on 16 July 2018 - 03:49 PM, said:

As I said, it happens rarely. 

The thing is, if it happens rarely then you don't get punished with 0 exp and credits.

Or it could be that your definition of rarely is different.

te3434 #10 Posted 16 July 2018 - 04:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30508 battles
  • [FE2O3] FE2O3

View PostHomer_J, on 16 July 2018 - 03:35 PM, said:

The thing is, if it happens rarely then you don't get punished with 0 exp and credits.

Or it could be that your definition of rarely is different.

It happened in a row. I haven't seen a warning quite a long ago (when I saw it the first time).

250swb #11 Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:30 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 23165 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postte3434, on 16 July 2018 - 11:10 AM, said:

The thing is, should I be worried about this failing mechanics of detecting inactive players? 

The system is working correctly, but what you should be worried about is your attitude in voluntarily leaving a team game before the end of a battle. It's actually quite simple and you don't need to be a genius, if you need to go out in the next fifteen minutes don't press 'Battle'.

Graeme0 #12 Posted 17 July 2018 - 09:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25563 battles
  • [M-O-M] M-O-M

It's like team damage, once in a blue moon is ok but frequently abusing the rules will get you punished.

You absolutely have the right to leave the game whenever you chose, just as WG has the riight to stop you ruining the game for the other 14 players on your team.

This is a team game, either respect your team, or don't play.

brujah81 #13 Posted 17 July 2018 - 02:54 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 991 battles

View Postte3434, on 16 July 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

Recently I got a warning about being "inactive", i.e. leaving the battle before being destroyed. This happened because my game crashed for some reason...

A couple of days later I was playing while expecting to leave the game and go somewhere. I played a battle and it was a good one, I did some dmg etc.. (I mean, I was present in the match with much influence). Then there was just one arty left, I found it and started to aim at it, but I had to leave home so I just closed the game and left.

It's just a game, and I'll leave it whenever I want, as much as I want as soon there is something more important to do. It is not my obligation to play! Nothing must force me to play when I don't want (or even worse, when I can't)!

Then, after a couple of hours when I came back, I opened the game to see that I didn't receive any credits or nothing for the match and another warning. The system is failing because I did NOT exit the battle itself, I exited the client, and there would be no way to enter another battle and abuse the system that way, so it is a wrong detection. To be honest, I don't give a **** about the credits and xp of every battle. I have stopped researching new tanks a while ago (I have enough diverse types of vehicles already), and now I'm playing just for fun.

The thing is, should I be worried about this failing mechanics of detecting inactive players? If I will always only loose credits and xp for "leaving the battle" (sort of), and if it can happen 100 times without any kind of ban, then I'm ok with it. Does anyone know what happens if this occurs multiple times?

The system works very well and i realy hope you get the ban you deserve and need. And yes you will be banned for leaving the battle often.

Jigabachi #14 Posted 17 July 2018 - 03:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
If it happens so rarely and if this was just a very unlucky case... why did you even bother to start this thread?

te3434 #15 Posted 17 July 2018 - 10:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30508 battles
  • [FE2O3] FE2O3

View Post250swb, on 16 July 2018 - 05:30 PM, said:

The system is working correctly, but what you should be worried about is your attitude in voluntarily leaving a team game before the end of a battle. It's actually quite simple and you don't need to be a genius, if you need to go out in the next fifteen minutes don't press 'Battle'.

View PostGraeme0, on 17 July 2018 - 08:56 AM, said:

It's like team damage, once in a blue moon is ok but frequently abusing the rules will get you punished.

You absolutely have the right to leave the game whenever you chose, just as WG has the riight to stop you ruining the game for the other 14 players on your team.

This is a team game, either respect your team, or don't play.

View Postbrujah81, on 17 July 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

The system works very well and i realy hope you get the ban you deserve and need. And yes you will be banned for leaving the battle often.

View PostJigabachi, on 17 July 2018 - 02:34 PM, said:

If it happens so rarely and if this was just a very unlucky case... why did you even bother to start this thread?

You have completely missed the whole point. I understand there are people who would abuse the system to get an advantage, but I expected it to be more precise. Because I got a warning I worried if I could unfairly get banned (like the first or second time it happens next, for example, if my laptop shuts down due to battery exhaustion, will it register it as "leaving battle" and ban me?).

If I actually ever thought about taking advantage of system, I would deserve a ban. And in that case I wouldn't have the right to complain. But if it happens accidentally and rarely and get a penalty, it sounds as some sort of "fraud" (I don't know the right word) to force you to play (to not leave the game) against your will (not by force, but a kind of blackmail). That is why I got a little bit pissed off (I know, it's reality and it is just a game, but I felt it was not right). Ok, now I understand it has to be there and that it can't be perfect (it will always sometimes miss real abuse and sometimes punish accidents, but if I can't improve it I won't complain anymore).

I know it is sill a very small chance to get banned, but I want to be sure and be completely fair to all players with any kind of relationship with the game. I want to prevent possible happening to damage someone accidentally, since it seems to be a big deal (or your are just confusing complete abusement with getting in a situation that one of your team mates is AFK at the end of battle which is practically already won).

I really don't see the point of forums if people are not even trying to answer your question (with few exceptions), but only taking a shallow look at the thread and immediately taking negative perspective (I'm sorry if I didn't write at first with enough details, but I think that your attitude is wrong, not mine). Think about it how are you contributing to the community like this.

BravelyRanAway #16 Posted 17 July 2018 - 11:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 23164 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postte3434, on 17 July 2018 - 09:03 PM, said:

I know it is sill a very small chance to get banned, but I want to be sure and be completely fair to all players with any kind of relationship with the game. I want to prevent possible happening to damage someone accidentally, since it seems to be a big deal (or your are just confusing complete abusement with getting in a situation that one of your team mates is AFK at the end of battle which is practically already won).

The system is automated....it doesn't care or understand the reasons for leaving a battle. If it could understand motive, then such a program would be worth billions of dollars to the person who created it....I don't think we're that far advanced yet. So, you have to live with a simple program doing a simple task.

If you rarely leave a battle then you have nothing to worry about....if you have connection problems...well, try to resolve them.

If you're leaving a battle that you believe is already won, then understand the rules of play and don't leave as it ain't over 'til the fat lady sings....my Kolobanov's tell that story.

te3434 #17 Posted 18 July 2018 - 10:36 AM

Private

• Player
  • 30508 battles
  • [FE2O3] FE2O3

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 17 July 2018 - 10:02 PM, said:

The system is automated....it doesn't care or understand the reasons for leaving a battle. If it could understand motive, then such a program would be worth billions of dollars to the person who created it....I don't think we're that far advanced yet. So, you have to live with a simple program doing a simple task.

If you rarely leave a battle then you have nothing to worry about....if you have connection problems...well, try to resolve them.

True. I'll just play when everything is working well and when I have more than enough time (less playing games is actually better for me).

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 17 July 2018 - 10:02 PM, said:

If you're leaving a battle that you believe is already won, then understand the rules of play and don't leave as it ain't over 'til the fat lady sings....my Kolobanov's tell that story.

Good point. It can happen.

jabster #18 Posted 18 July 2018 - 12:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12614 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postte3434, on 16 July 2018 - 03:45 PM, said:

It happened in a row. I haven't seen a warning quite a long ago (when I saw it the first time).

You left the house multiple times in a row?

te3434 #19 Posted 25 July 2018 - 12:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30508 battles
  • [FE2O3] FE2O3

View Postjabster, on 18 July 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:

You left the house multiple times in a row?

First it was a game crash and I didn't relaunch the game during the battle, and then I left the game relatively soon after that.

Edited by te3434, 25 July 2018 - 12:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users