How to monetize WoT properly

balance monetization

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: How to monetize WoT properly (61 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

What would be more appealing to you, as a player?

1. Zero-skill crews, of both genders (17 votes [19.32%])

Percentage of vote: 19.32%

2. Unique/customizable camo schemes (31 votes [35.23%])

Percentage of vote: 35.23%

3. More premium tanks (18 votes [20.45%])

Percentage of vote: 20.45%

4. Nothing (22 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Hide poll

blastingcap #1 Posted 16 July 2018 - 05:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7392 battles
So I had a good idea the other day. Zero-skill crews that come with BiA are very good. The same goes for female crew members. So why not sell those? I asked around in the WoT discord run by Forcellrus, and I got very positive feedback, with players telling me they would buy several of those. Selling them on a per-tank basis (for crew roles). Prices would depend on the number of crew memebers purchased.
Unique/customizable camo schemes would also be popular. There is no need to introduce "slightly better" Premium tanks that are better than their tech tree counterparts.
The poll is mostly my curiosity, but to guarantee that the ideas are either good or bad.

Mko #2 Posted 16 July 2018 - 05:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 16132 battles

Zero skill crews would give a pretty big advantage, so could be seen as pay to win.

Besides, WOT is already completely riddled with monetization.

Edited by Mko, 16 July 2018 - 05:56 PM.

Homer_J #3 Posted 16 July 2018 - 05:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28291 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

You can already buy yourself a crew with as many skills as you like if you have the exp to spare on elite tanks / free exp.

Buy them at 100% then use the facility to convert free exp to crew exp.

A 1 skilled crew member will cost you about 1900 gold if you convert all the exp.

A zero skill crew member is surely worth more, so does 10 Euro seem a fair price?

blastingcap #4 Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7392 battles

View PostMko, on 16 July 2018 - 05:56 PM, said:

Zero skill crews would give a pretty big advantage, so could be seen as pay to win.

Besides, WOT is already completely riddled with monetization.

You would still have to play them to get a good crew. All you're doing is speeding up the process, like using a premium account. And do you REALLY want other ways of monetization?
*cough* Defender *cough*
WG wants (and needs) to monetize the game. So why not do it in a way that the players don't fight more LeFHs, E25s, Defenders, and Patriots?

spamhamstar #5 Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64310 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY
I'm just guessing, but that's probably mow 4 of us that have voted for everything, just because we could, leaving 2 genuine votes for "nothing".  Besides the game is probably already over monetized as it is.  There should also be an option to pay to play without arty.

Mko #6 Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 16132 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 16 July 2018 - 05:58 PM, said:

You can already buy yourself a crew with as many skills as you like if you have the exp to spare on elite tanks / free exp.

A 1 skilled crew member will cost you about 1900 gold if you convert all the exp.

A zero skill crew member is surely worth more, so does 10 Euro seem a fair price?

Yes but then you need to grind that exp to convert it in the first place. 10 EUR is probably too much for 1 crew member, but WOT is capable of that. After all, they do sell a single tank for almost the price of an AAA title.

View Postblastingcap, on 16 July 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

You would still have to play them to get a good crew. All you're doing is speeding up the process, like using a premium account. And do you REALLY want other ways of monetization?
*cough* Defender *cough*
WG wants (and needs) to monetize the game. So why not do it in a way that the players don't fight more LeFHs, E25s, Defenders, and Patriots?

No, I just don't think the game needs more monetization than it already has.

You could also argue that even premium account is pay to win in some sense. For example, you spend less time playing stock tanks, which is at least a small advantage. But that's really only a tiny influence, so it's not a big deal.

SiliconSidewinder #7 Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:18 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27453 battles
they kinda allready sell those, just seriously overpriced, which is exactly WG'S thing.

Procjon #8 Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 54858 battles

View Postblastingcap, on 16 July 2018 - 04:40 PM, said:

So I had a good idea the other day. Zero-skill crews that come with BiA are very good. The same goes for female crew members. So why not sell those? I asked around in the WoT discord run by Forcellrus, and I got very positive feedback, with players telling me they would buy several of those. Selling them on a per-tank basis (for crew roles). Prices would depend on the number of crew memebers purchased.
Unique/customizable camo schemes would also be popular. There is no need to introduce "slightly better" Premium tanks that are better than their tech tree counterparts.
The poll is mostly my curiosity, but to guarantee that the ideas are either good or bad.

Just link your bank account straight to the WG's account and let WG to make a withdrawal anytime they like. You will see how fast they will make you happy by adding more 'good' stuff to the game.

HF

blastingcap #9 Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7392 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 16 July 2018 - 05:58 PM, said:

I would say its more aimed at people without free exp, as training up would be much faster, and starting new lines wouldn't be such a pain.
The Tiger 131 was on sale for 19,99$
A garage slot is about 2 cents, and the tank itself was 3900 gold, which is 14,99$.
Assuming that WG is giving you the slot, the 5-man crew is worth 5$.
So each crew member comes for 1$. 
I think 1$ would cause some inbalance, and make historical tank bundles irrelevant.
So why not 2$ per crew member? A 5-person crew would be 10$, maybe a bit more for Female members.
What do you think?

Forum trolls are real!

unhappy_bunny #10 Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:38 PM

Major

• Player
  • 17997 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View Postblastingcap, on 16 July 2018 - 05:28 PM, said:

Forum trolls are real!

Of course they are. 

On topic, why does everyone want to speed up the climb up the tiers?

What is wrong with working ones way up the tiers, learning and gaining experience as they go? 

Short-cutting the procedure does always result in better battles. Often it leave players without the knowledge and experience to compete, which in turn results in players moaning about everything. 

One gets the impression that some players would prefer to start straight in at TX with fully skilled crews, fully upgraded tanks, full set of consumibles and life would be so very good. 

While I can see that selling trained crews would benefit WG finacially, I voted for nothing.

Andrasan89 #11 Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:41 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6741 battles

how wot can be monetized properly?

simply...everything what DO NOT GIVE ADVANTAGES can be monetized wich success and everything else what is P2W must be fixed.

things like camos, paints, emblems, WORSE premium tanks than standard ones because they already are BETTER on credits and xp making are the way.

Of course, prem. account is ok too because do not make players better...they can even RENT tanks...etc. Solutions exist...just need to WANT.

in fact, renting is probably the best solution for those moronic p2w tanks what was already released by stupidity...in that way they can even change them, nerf..etc because are just rental, NOT something permanent on a player garage. Easy peasy - best solution for money AND BALANCE...

but no..need p2w... :facepalm:

gunslingerXXX #12 Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10956 battles

I would pay for an option to unlock all modules, i.e. no more stock grinds.

I would also pay for an arty free game.

Not alot though, i'm cheap

Homer_J #13 Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28291 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postblastingcap, on 16 July 2018 - 06:27 PM, said:

$

?

Mko #14 Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 16132 battles

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 16 July 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

Of course they are. 

On topic, why does everyone want to speed up the climb up the tiers?

What is wrong with working ones way up the tiers, learning and gaining experience as they go? 

Short-cutting the procedure does always result in better battles. Often it leave players without the knowledge and experience to compete, which in turn results in players moaning about everything. 

One gets the impression that some players would prefer to start straight in at TX with fully skilled crews, fully upgraded tanks, full set of consumibles and life would be so very good. 

While I can see that selling trained crews would benefit WG finacially, I voted for nothing.

Looking at the number of vehicles available, speeding up the progression might not be a bad idea at all. In fact that is what WG did by introducing the personal reserves or whatever it is called.

spamhamstar #15 Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64310 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

View PostAndrasan89, on 16 July 2018 - 05:41 PM, said:

how wot can be monetized properly?

simply...everything what DO NOT GIVE ADVANTAGES can be monetized wich success and everything else what is P2W must be fixed.

things like camos, paints, emblems, WORSE premium tanks than standard ones because they already are BETTER on credits and xp making are the way.

Of course, prem. account is ok too because do not make players better...they can even RENT tanks...etc. Solutions exist...just need to WANT.

in fact, renting is probably the best solution for those moronic p2w tanks what was already released by stupidity...in that way they can even change them, nerf..etc because are just rental, NOT something permanent on a player garage. Easy peasy - best solution for money AND BALANCE...

but no..need p2w... :facepalm:

I'm pretty certain that if you check the EULA you'll find we already rent all our content from WG.

Xandania #16 Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36023 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

I would go with custom camo schemes - but I realize that storing and loading these will take up a load of server space and time.

ALso, probably most who have deactivated it (and in this case everyone with a weaker  machine will have to do so) will not see your custom style.

ANd if it is just for you, just use some optical mod.

Balc0ra #17 Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 65957 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Ofc ppl would buy it. But then again there are ppl that consider it a pay2win factor too. Zero battle alt accounts getting a 2 skilled female crew on their tanks from the start? But ofc a zero battle account can buy them if the tanks with such crew are on sale. But the crew's nation etc is then dictated by the bundle. Not the player.

Then again old accounts can buy free XP to get crews up faster. I suspect the price would be equal to that.  

View PostMko, on 16 July 2018 - 06:16 PM, said:

Yes but then you need to grind that exp to convert it in the first place. 10 EUR is probably too much for 1 crew member, but WOT is capable of that. After all, they do sell a single tank for almost the price of an AAA title.

Going by prices on a same tier prem with no zero skill vs one that has. You could say it's about 10 EUR for a 4 man crew more or less. More on a tier 8 prem ofc, but on the mid tiers that have had it. 

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 16 July 2018 - 06:42 PM, said:

I would pay for an option to unlock all modules, i.e. no more stock grinds.

If they did, you could see the issue with tier rushing growing.  As half the XP needed on most tiers, are modules alone. Mix that with free XP. And I'm willing to bet an idle bot could get to tier X is what you use today with way way way less average XP pr game. Tho I suspect T95E2 farmers would be more happy about it tho.

Edited by Balc0ra, 16 July 2018 - 07:00 PM.

gunslingerXXX #18 Posted 16 July 2018 - 07:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10956 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 16 July 2018 - 06:59 PM, said:

Ofc ppl would buy it. But then again there are ppl that consider it a pay2win factor too. Zero battle alt accounts getting a 2 skilled female crew on their tanks from the start? But ofc a zero battle account can buy them if the tanks with such crew are on sale. But the crew's nation etc is then dictated by the bundle. Not the player.

Then again old accounts can buy free XP to get crews up faster. I suspect the price would be equal to that.  

Going by prices on a same tier prem with no zero skill vs one that has. You could say it's about 10 EUR for a 4 man crew more or less. More on a tier 8 prem ofc, but on the mid tiers that have had it. 

If they did, you could see the issue with tier rushing growing.  As half the XP needed on most tiers, are modules alone. Mix that with free XP. And I'm willing to bet an idle bot could get to tier X is what you use today with way way way less average XP pr game. Tho I suspect T95E2 farmers would be more happy about it tho.

They could increase the xp amount for the next tank. I don't mind it takes long. The reason for the module xp is to try and get players to pay to skip stock, its basically the same. Just grinding convertable xp and than paying to convert it seems stupid to me

Andrasan89 #19 Posted 16 July 2018 - 10:37 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6741 battles

View Postspamhamstar, on 16 July 2018 - 06:48 PM, said:

I'm pretty certain that if you check the EULA you'll find we already rent all our content from WG.

in that case i wait to see some changes in that direction. That means NERFS to those moronic OP premiums !

But i dont believe untill i see !

Nishi_Kinuyo #20 Posted 16 July 2018 - 10:47 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 7656 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

More Japanese premium tanks.

Without derps, if you please.

Although that Chi-Ha with the 12cm anti-submarine cannon might be fun as a tier 4 premium... maybe tier 5?

Also tagged with balance, monetization

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users