Is my Designated Target perk working

Perk skill crew Designated Target

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Kektuz #1 Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3399 battles

I have noticed my newly acquired crew perk Designated Target on commander has gray border. Does that mean it is not working? Same as with Brother in Arms before all crew members reach 100%

See the screenshot.

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_001.jpg   250.67K

Edited by Kektuz, 16 July 2018 - 09:17 PM.

Suurpolskija #2 Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18692 battles
  • [URHO] URHO
Nope. DT is a gunner skill. Your commander is not a gunner in P43 Ter. 

VerticalBird_ #3 Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:22 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24652 battles
  • [RSOP] RSOP

View PostKektuz, on 16 July 2018 - 08:17 PM, said:

I have noticed my newly acquired crew perk Designated Target on commander has gray border. Does that mean it is not working? Same as with Brother in Arms before all crew members reach 100%

See the screenshot.

It's not working since the commander is not the gunner on the vehicle. Also, a very strange skill to pick as one of the first ones, especially to a commander since all high tiers have a gunner. 

Kektuz #4 Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3399 battles

I thought commander could do any skill, why else would game offer me to pick it for commander D: What can I do now?

Edited by Kektuz, 16 July 2018 - 09:42 PM.

Kektuz #5 Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3399 battles
I still don't understand. Which skills can commander have? Just commander's and general? What about the others, which are also offered to pick.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 16 July 2018 - 09:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66298 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostKektuz, on 16 July 2018 - 09:47 PM, said:

I still don't understand. Which skills can commander have? Just commander's and general? What about the others, which are also offered to pick.

Depends on the tank the commander is trained for when you pick skills. If you look at the commander on the left side of the image. The tank she is on now, she is the commander and radio operator indicated by the icons under the binocular icon next to her avatar image. So she can only use radio and commander skills. 

View PostKektuz, on 16 July 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

I thought commander could do any skill, why else would game offer me to pick it for commander D: What can I do now?

Designated target is a gunner skill. Not a commander or radio operator skill. Thus the skill won't work assigned to the commander on that tank. So I'm willing to guess she was on the tier 3 or lower when you gave her that skill. Because that's the only Italian tanks where the commander is also the gunner. And if she was trained for one of those when you gave her that skill. It would show up on the list of skills you can select. But that's not her job on the tank you have her trained for now. As your tank has it's own dedicated gunner that can use that skill instead. 

So basically, commander or any crew member can only pick skills based on the crew positions they have at the time. If that changes from one tank to the next. Some skills won't work anymore if it's for a different crew position. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 16 July 2018 - 09:58 PM.

Kektuz #7 Posted 16 July 2018 - 10:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3399 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 16 July 2018 - 09:55 PM, said:

Depends on the tank the commander is trained for when you pick skills. If you look at the commander on the left side of the image. The tank she is on now, she is the commander and radio operator indicated by the icons under the binocular icon next to her avatar image. So she can only use radio and commander skills. 

Designated target is a gunner skill. Not a commander or radio operator skill. Thus the skill won't work assigned to the commander on that tank. So I'm willing to guess she was on the tier 3 or lower when you gave her that skill. Because that's the only Italian tanks where the commander is also the gunner. And if she was trained for one of those when you gave her that skill. It would show up on the list of skills you can select. But that's not her job on the tank you have her trained for now. As your tank has it's own dedicated gunner that can use that skill instead. 

So basically, commander or any crew member can only pick skills based on the crew positions they have at the time. If that changes from one tank to the next. Some skills won't work anymore if it's for a different crew position. 

Thanks, understandable :)

StinkyStonky #8 Posted 17 July 2018 - 07:40 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 28441 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

This is a common for several 4 crew tanks.

Often the commander will also be the radio operator, so you give them Situational Awareness, but then when you move them up, or move them to a premium tank, the perk becomes useless.

View PostKektuz, on 16 July 2018 - 08:28 PM, said:

What can I do now?

Reset the skills.

I'd advise paying gold on a 3 skill screw, if you can.  The 10% penalty for paying 20k silver will be quite high.

Homer_J #9 Posted 17 July 2018 - 07:51 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostKektuz, on 16 July 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

The commander is also the gunner up to tier 4 in the Italian tree.  You must have picked that skill when she was trained for one of those tanks.

It's now wasted exp so you may as well do a reset, you will lose a lot of exp doing it for credits but not as much as you are wasting having a useless skill trained, you just missed the half price reset as well.

Gremlin182 #10 Posted 17 July 2018 - 09:02 AM

General

• Player
  • 48873 battles

Curious skill anomaly I know crews forget how to work tanks they used to crew once retrained for a new one, that makes sense because otherwise we would all have supercrews.

With skills its not so clear, So the commander with gunner skills is now in a tank that has a gunner so the skill is greyed out.

But what if the gunner is disabled should not the commander say hey I know how to do that.

Is there any downside to letting old skills remain usable I don't think any of them stack so a gunner and a commander gunner both with designated target mean little if anything.

The commander can take jack of all trades which means he can sub for any crew member at a pinch though not as effectively.

But if he is a trained gunner or radio operator those skills do not ever become active when they are needed.

Headless_Rooster #11 Posted 17 July 2018 - 10:31 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10573 battles
  • [W-UNI] W-UNI

View PostGremlin182, on 17 July 2018 - 09:02 AM, said:

Curious skill anomaly

It's not an anomaly, it's a feature.

Taken from the 'penny pinching' school of business.

Also tagged with Perk, skill, crew, Designated Target

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users