Map Sizes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

PlasticArmour #1 Posted 17 July 2018 - 08:58 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 52263 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

One of the biggest issues I have with this game is the map sizes. Would be nice if they limit the tiers from 1-5 on the smaller maps or at least put more bushes, walls and crater holes on the smaller ones. Finding yourself on Ensk or Overlord in a tank that needs distance to work is a real downer man.

Front line highlighted this for me. The sheer size of the map was fantastic. It gave something for all the types of tanks. Maybe that's part of the reason for the spike in players, not just the tier 8 only aspect and ability to earn decent creds.

Graeme0 #2 Posted 17 July 2018 - 10:12 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24081 battles
  • [M-O-M] M-O-M

I agree, maybe make upper tier maps 50% bigger.

It wouldn't need much, just a bit more breathing space for bigger tanks and longer view ranges.

Enforcer1975 #3 Posted 17 July 2018 - 11:02 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20465 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

We don't need bigger maps. We need longer corridors.

A map the size of the red box is enough for 99% of the playerbase.

Edited by Enforcer1975, 17 July 2018 - 11:06 AM.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64272 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostPlasticArmour, on 17 July 2018 - 08:58 AM, said:

Finding yourself on Ensk or Overlord in a tank that needs distance to work is a real downer man.

So you want longer corridors them bigger maps? Overlord have several good spots for range fighters for me to see that as an issue. Less so on Ensk. Issue I have with Ensk is how bad it works when you have 5 super heavies on one grid trying to be effective on the 2 lane. 

View PostPlasticArmour, on 17 July 2018 - 08:58 AM, said:

Front line highlighted this for me. The sheer size of the map was fantastic. It gave something for all the types of tanks. Maybe that's part of the reason for the spike in players, not just the tier 8 only aspect and ability to earn decent creds.

Sure the maps size made even the IS-6 fun again. But... if it was tier X. I doubt it would be as popular. The only reason why I played it was the income and crew training as I only played tier 8 prems. Others played it since it was a nice way to get stock grinds out of the way. 

Then again I'm sure the GB maps would work with less then 30 pr team. As when you double the team size, but don't even increase the map size by 50%. Flanks are more crowded then usual. And the fun did not start until most of the teams were taken out tbh. But GB and FL that showed a different flaw too once the team lose numbers. How many T28's etc did you see as attackers on FL? Defenders sure, as the map was on a mode where defenders were not the one pushing. So they could let the enemy come to them.  On larger maps with 15 vs 15 even. I would imagine not many T95 or slow super heavies would follow the flow, as many hardly do now. Either you have to wait for your armor, or the meds and agile HT's dominate and push alone in a wolfpack. So that too is not an easy aspect to balance vs map size of you go over 1km that is. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 17 July 2018 - 12:07 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users