• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Tom6960 #1 Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15729 battles
  • [U-L] U-L

Hi everyone!

Now there's been a shitload of posts mentioning wot's decline in player numbers bla bla bla we all know that, we all notice that : no need to start mentioning that again.

We also know why...at least there are issues in this game most people agree with like MM, and also some "hot" topics like arty, but yeah we know what people complain about in general.

So here's my point : why is WG not doing anything about some easy fixable and very obvious issues to...save their game (and thus their bank accounts)? It seems so bloody easy to fix those issues known by the whole community, why don't they do it? It won't be long before it's too late ; one of the only things that still really tie people to this game are clans. I've also seen graphs that show that the more experienced playerbase is leaving....Are we really supposed to count on new players and clans to keep this game alive? Come on WG, why don't you act?!

Thanks for reading if you did ^^, lemme know your opinions!

Tom

Homer_J #2 Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTom6960, on 17 July 2018 - 12:00 PM, said:

easy fixable

You think so?  Like what and how exactly?

Everyone complained about the matchmaker before they fixed it with 3-5-7 now everybody complains about the matchmaker.  What's your solution?

Steve8066 #3 Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12432 battles

Hi everyone!

Now there's been a shitload of posts mentioning wot's decline in player numbers bla bla bla we all know that, we all notice that : no need to start mentioning that again.

We also know why...at least there are issues in this game most people agree with like MM, and also some "hot" topics like arty, but yeah we know what people complain about in general.

So here's my point : why is WG not doing anything about some easy fixable and very obvious issues to...save their game (and thus their bank accounts)? It seems so bloody easy to fix those issues known by the whole community, why don't they do it? It won't be long before it's too late ; one of the only things that still really tie people to this game are clans. I've also seen graphs that show that the more experienced playerbase is leaving....Are we really supposed to count on new players and clans to keep this game alive? Come on WG, why don't you act?!

Tom

Why not? because in their little world, fixing things doesnt generate income, new OP vehicles etc. does. Their market isnt aimed at existing players because as far as they are concerned, they are hooked and will never leave. Their target audience is new players.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #4 Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:10 PM

Major

• Player
  • 24546 battles

View PostTom6960, on 17 July 2018 - 11:00 AM, said:

So here's my point : why is WG not doing anything about some easy fixable and very obvious issues to...

Because, currently, coin is still flowing into WG coffers.

Not mine, I might add.

Cobra6 #5 Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Well, taking 3-5-7 behind the shed, putting a shotgun to it's head and pulling the trigger would be a start.

Then make the MM work through the following templates in this specific order:

5-10 => Same tier MM => 3-5-7

EDIT:

One more thing while we are at it, stop actively punishing platoons as well so no more "pretty much only bottom tier MM" for when you platoon in anything that isn't tier 9 or 10. 

If the number of platoons and their tiers on both teams are equal, they should have exactly the same MM as solo players

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 17 July 2018 - 04:05 PM.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66275 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

So here's my point : why is WG not doing anything about some easy fixable and very obvious issues to...save their game 

Well, the thing is that the only ppl that speaks their opinion, are those that think there are issues. As no one makes topics about stuff they like or are happy with. That and not everyone that thinks the game has issues, even says anything too. So there are more that don't like one part of the MM, then what the forum says there are. So a real % on how many players actually despise the MM vs ppl that are fine with it or even like it I would actually like to know tbh. If WG knew that. I'm willing to bet they would react differently vs what the few that speaks up about it. 

That and if you read the pinned MM and arty topics above. Everyone hates the same thing in those topics. But their solution for fixes are not the same. As some have pointed out a fix or a suggestion from others, would make them leave faster vs staying. As not everyone likes the idea of +1 MM etc. So finding a common fix that works for most don't seem like an easy task either going by the wide array of suggestions. Tho on other issues. The voice and vision of the players are common. That WG pulls it or fixes it rather fast. Like the crew bonuses on emblems, or even the planned KV-5 changes. As after the storm that suggestion made. WG kinda quietly pushed that plan under the rug. As no word was mentioned of it on the last Q&A. 

But even so... a temp fix is not that hard to pull off either for some issues until WG comes up with something better. But IMO, and for me "that might not work for others". A good temp fix for MM atm before they can think of something better would be to pull 3-5-7. As IMO that's not working. Tier 8 MM was better before that came to name one. 

Baldrickk #7 Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30124 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostCobra6, on 17 July 2018 - 12:33 PM, said:

Well, taking 3-5-7 behind the shed, putting a shotgun to it's head and pulling the trigger would be a start.

Cobra 6

Or just go back to the old MM where toy actually got a roughly equitable range of positions on the team

Tom6960 #8 Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15729 battles
  • [U-L] U-L

Well about the MM they fixed it in between two updates, if I'm right it was amazing for like 14 days a couple of months ago and then...they changed it back :'(

Mr_Burrows #9 Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:46 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45103 battles

Was lovely playing Frontline, for many reasons. One of them was the good MM. All same tier. Perfect. 

Mko #10 Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 16132 battles

Hi everyone!

Tom

Maybe WG is cooking something in the background the players don't know abut.

Maybe it's too soon to tell (the holidays basically only started) and they are not panicking yet.

The also have more data than the players, so they may know something the players don't.

Anyway, the wot-news numbers this summer on are already dipping below the historic minimums recorded on all servers.

The cause is most likely both WOT problems and presence of other strong games such as Fortnite.

View PostCobra6, on 17 July 2018 - 12:33 PM, said:

Cobra 6

That might help a lot, though maybe 6-9, same tier, and 5-5-5 would work even better.

I think that 3-5-7 is bad in principle because the 3 top tiers have too much weight in the performance of your team.

Nayonac #11 Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:02 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18836 battles
  • [B1C] B1C
Or maybe WG are making more money than ever before and this very small forum of users is not the global opinion ?

Zoggo_ #12 Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:03 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28054 battles

“We were a little arrogant, let’s say, three years ago, we were thinking we know everything that our players need without talking intensively to them ourselves. It turned into — I wouldn’t call it a disaster, but we hit the wall at some point.”

A quote from Victor Kislyi from last year dicussing the 2015 Rubicon update.

WG just don't learn, not only are they not listening to the playerbase, this year they have almost given up communicating to us about our concerns.

The " Perfecting Preferiential Premiums" post from two months ago is arrogance personified and makes a joke of the above quote.

3/5/7 needs fixing asap. I'm in favour of reversing the template so 357 is the last option, even if it is a temporary fix.

Tom6960 #13 Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15729 battles
  • [U-L] U-L

Well if it wasn't the global opinion there wouldn't we so many players leaving... I'm in a large clan (200 ppl) and most people here think the same...

View PostMko, on 17 July 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

Maybe WG is cooking something in the background the players don't know abut.

Maybe it's too soon to tell (the holidays basically only started) and they are not panicking yet.

The also have more data than the players, so they may know something the players don't.

Anyway, the wot-news numbers this summer on are already dipping below the historic minimums recorded on all servers.

The cause is most likely both WOT problems and presence of other strong games such as Fortnite.

That might help a lot, though maybe 6-9, same tier, and 5-5-5 would work even better.

I think that 3-5-7 is bad in principle because the 3 top tiers have too much weight in the performance of your team.

Well i thouhgt of something... What if WG is waiting for their playerbase to decline massively before making a huge comeback fixing everything thus getting a whole new load of players and a big amount of money...

HassenderZerhacker #14 Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:14 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27223 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostHomer_J, on 17 July 2018 - 12:04 PM, said:

You think so?  Like what and how exactly?

Everyone complained about the matchmaker before they fixed it with 3-5-7 now everybody complains about the matchmaker.  What's your solution?

the MM is actually easily fixable, they just need to revert tier priorities, i.e. the lower tiers have a higher priority to be assigned correct MM, the leftovers should go into same tier battles.

unhappy_bunny #15 Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:17 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18138 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 17 July 2018 - 12:14 PM, said:

the MM is actually easily fixable, they just need to revert tier priorities, i.e. the lower tiers have a higher priority to be assigned correct MM, the leftovers should go into same tier battles.

And what if there are not enough leftovers to form 2 same tier teams? 

View PostTom6960, on 17 July 2018 - 11:41 AM, said:

Well about the MM they fixed it in between two updates, if I'm right it was amazing for like 14 days a couple of months ago and then...they changed it back :'(

So what did WG do to change the MM a few months ago? Or was it because some special event or Fronline or similar finished? 

Graeme0 #16 Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24892 battles
  • [M-O-M] M-O-M

My problem is not the MM, i play in sessions and over a few hours, I get a reasonable mix of tier placements.

My issue is the tanks that cannot function as botttom tier or on certain maps. Take a Leo into a tier 9 battle on ensk and see what I mean. There are many other combinations that make for a pointless experience, whereas other tanks do ok as bottom tier.  

Some regular tanks should have at least partial pref mm to at least make them playable. Or link the overall tank performance stats to the mm to try and achieve a balance

Homer_J #17 Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 17 July 2018 - 01:14 PM, said:

the lower tiers have a higher priority to be assigned correct MM,

What are the lower tiers and what is the correct mm?

To me lower tiers are tier 1, because every other tier is a higher tier for at least one tier, and correct mm is mixed with tanks up to two tiers either side.

314WTNK #18 Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30119 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
the mm the maps and the tanks. its all broken so how would it be easy to fix all of that

Tom6960 #19 Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15729 battles
  • [U-L] U-L

Well idk what format they used a couple of months ago but MM was fixed...

There's the chatbug giving clans aids as well

And yeah a lot of stuff is broken but WG can temporarily fix a LOT...

Tom6960 #20 Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15729 battles
  • [U-L] U-L

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 17 July 2018 - 01:17 PM, said:

And what if there are not enough leftovers to form 2 same tier teams? 

So what did WG do to change the MM a few months ago? Or was it because some special event or Fronline or similar finished? 

Well idk what format they used a couple of months ago but MM was fixed...

There's the chatbug giving clans aids as well

View PostFAME_skill4ltu, on 17 July 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

the mm the maps and the tanks. its all broken so how would it be easy to fix all of that

And yeah a lot of stuff is broken but WG can temporarily fix a LOT...

Sorry for double post #fail

Edited by Tom6960, 17 July 2018 - 01:48 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users