Jump to content


xvm


  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

SousaBot86 #1 Posted 17 July 2018 - 10:00 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 29715 battles
  • 193
  • [S-D-G] S-D-G
  • Member since:
    09-06-2013
when will be removed the XVM im tired to get get focus on every battle,some times its impossivel.

CmdRatScabies #2 Posted 17 July 2018 - 10:32 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 37626 battles
  • 4,499
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015
Time for an XVM sticky thread?

unhappy_bunny #3 Posted 18 July 2018 - 02:45 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 18576 battles
  • 2,843
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

As Ralph Wiggum put it "Me fail English? Unpossible".

 

 



lnfernaI #4 Posted 18 July 2018 - 05:35 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 29190 battles
  • 3,700
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012
This is boring at this point.

Jumping_TurtIe #5 Posted 18 July 2018 - 05:42 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 6268 battles
  • 1,074
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-26-2015
You are not focussed in every battle due to xvm.

Grimmx #6 Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:12 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 13027 battles
  • 303
  • [NTRS] NTRS
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011
I dont use xvm anymore because it makes the game less fun tbh.
I miss the auto return crew and that’s it really.
I feel I play better without knowing who is unicum or tomato anyway, and I don’t see the chance to loose which makes me not loose a game before it starts.;)

vixu #7 Posted 18 July 2018 - 09:11 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 43010 battles
  • 3,377
  • Member since:
    03-19-2011

View PostGrimmx, on 18 July 2018 - 06:12 AM, said:

I dont use xvm anymore because it makes the game less fun tbh.
I miss the auto return crew and that’s it really.
I feel I play better without knowing who is unicum or tomato anyway, and I don’t see the chance to loose which makes me not loose a game before it starts.;)

 

wait... dont they have some auto-return in vanilla now? at least when I move my tankers to premium vehicle, I can return them to original with return crew option.

Grimmx #8 Posted 18 July 2018 - 09:23 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 13027 battles
  • 303
  • [NTRS] NTRS
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011

View Postvixu, on 18 July 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

 

wait... dont they have some auto-return in vanilla now? at least when I move my tankers to premium vehicle, I can return them to original with return crew option.

 

Yes, but you have to manually push the button.

Im lazy :)



Bordhaw #9 Posted 18 July 2018 - 07:21 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 11939 battles
  • 2,793
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostSousaBot86, on 17 July 2018 - 09:00 PM, said:

when will be removed the XVM im tired to get get focus on every battle,some times its impossivel.

 



malaquey #10 Posted 18 July 2018 - 07:30 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 30205 battles
  • 202
  • Member since:
    01-03-2013

Majority won't get it since no one focuses bad players. 

 

 



Knight_1969 #11 Posted 19 July 2018 - 11:44 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6999 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    07-06-2017

A few days ago i was in a game in my Stug III G.

When the clock was counting down a teammate told in the chat, according to my XVM, that I was a bot (hysterical in capitals), and that he had reported me. :sceptic:

 

When the battle was on he was calling for help. I could’ve let him killed, but I took out his enemy. :teethhappy:

 

Why are people so focused on XVM?



brujah81 #12 Posted 19 July 2018 - 11:46 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 991 battles
  • 178
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

View PostKnight_1969, on 19 July 2018 - 11:44 AM, said:

A few days ago i was in a game in my Stug III G.

When the clock was counting down a teammate told in the chat, according to my XVM, that I was a bot (hysterical in capitals), and that he had reported me. :sceptic:

 

When the battle was on he was calling for help. I could’ve let him killed, but I took out his enemy. :teethhappy:

 

Why are people so focused on XVM?

 

I would habe reported you too. You are not even bot level. 

Enforcer1975 #13 Posted 19 July 2018 - 11:46 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 20887 battles
  • 10,913
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

View PostSousaBot86, on 17 July 2018 - 10:00 PM, said:

when will be removed the XVM im tired to get get focus on every battle,some times its impossivel.

 

Well it's not their fault that you had to buy an account on ebay to look good. 

If you keep up your pace you'll not be focused anymore at some point. 



Knight_1969 #14 Posted 19 July 2018 - 11:55 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6999 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    07-06-2017

View Postbrujah81, on 19 July 2018 - 11:46 AM, said:

 

I would habe reported you too. You are not even bot level.

 

 

Thanks for the compliment. But do you've also een answer to my question?



brujah81 #15 Posted 19 July 2018 - 11:57 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 991 battles
  • 178
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

View PostKnight_1969, on 19 July 2018 - 11:55 AM, said:

 

 

Thanks for the compliment. But do you've also een answer to my question?

 

Somehow its always the bots/tomatos complaining about xvm. If you suck, you don't like stats and just play4lulz

Captain_Kremen0 #16 Posted 19 July 2018 - 12:03 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 37581 battles
  • 1,561
  • [TFMB] TFMB
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011

After a similar thread and comment by HomerJ I stopped using xvm about a month ago as most of what I wanted (hit logs etc) are now in Vanilla and I never botherd with stats anyhow.

Sooooo yesterday I had a look at myself on the old Noobmeter to find a lot of recent downward arrows.

Now this could be just because i'm playing worse than ever atm, but Im going back to XVM for a month to see what happens. In the name of science.

 

A question though....What percentage of the player base uses this tool? (as oppose to whine about it in forum)? Because when I used it the indicators showed the vast majority DID NOT, and wouldn't know it if it ran them over; thus making me dubious of this "focus".



Enforcer1975 #17 Posted 19 July 2018 - 12:10 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 20887 battles
  • 10,913
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 19 July 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

After a similar thread and comment by HomerJ I stopped using xvm about a month ago as most of what I wanted (hit logs etc) are now in Vanilla and I never botherd with stats anyhow.

Sooooo yesterday I had a look at myself on the old Noobmeter to find a lot of recent downward arrows.

Now this could be just because i'm playing worse than ever atm, but Im going back to XVM for a month to see what happens. In the name of science.

 

A question though....What percentage of the player base uses this tool? (as oppose to whine about it in forum)? Because when I used it the indicators showed the vast majority DID NOT, and wouldn't know it if it ran them over; thus making me dubious of this "focus".

 

With xvm or at least when you keep track of your sessions with a stats site you are more aware of it and try to play harder because it's only natural for humans to git gudder. 

Your downward spiral could have been because you were playing tiers that you just can't handle. You have the battlecount and should have experience but you seem to have a hard time putting it into practice. 

Judging from my games the amount of xvm users is pretty low. There are some games where you get between 5-10 but it rarely goes above 5. 


Edited by Enforcer1975, 19 July 2018 - 12:11 PM.


baribal_80 #18 Posted 19 July 2018 - 12:12 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22218 battles
  • 509
  • Member since:
    02-27-2012
What bothers me more is not even focus (good players will be focused anyway) but those morons that say "noob team, lost" at the begining of every game. I am seriously for chatbanning them, or banning them from the game even

Knight_1969 #19 Posted 19 July 2018 - 12:25 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6999 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    07-06-2017

View Postbrujah81, on 19 July 2018 - 11:57 AM, said:

 

Somehow its always the bots/tomatos complaining about xvm. If you suck, you don't like stats and just play4lulz

 

I don't complain and i don't care about XVM. I just play for fun. Complaining and whining about XVM is for our blue/purple friends. By the way, what does play4lulz means?

 



r0f #20 Posted 19 July 2018 - 12:32 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6385 battles
  • 278
  • [AFUNM] AFUNM
  • Member since:
    10-19-2012
  • Not part of the official game.
  • Uses a web-API meant to transfer data outwards of the game (the exact data is available in the game already it's just not available during running battles, for quite obvious reasons really).
  • 3rd Party developer decides to use this web-API to push the already available data back into the game but now into running battles.
  • 3rd Party developer allows its users to focus fire people during battles, among other 'stuff' (let's not even get into the other 'stuff' ).

 

         - Wargaming gives the 3rd Party mod users access to this 'stuff' based on their official Wargaming-account.

         - Wargaming does not give non-users of this 3rd party mod the option to opt-out of this non-official part of the game.

 

          Two options:

  1. Make XVM official, implement it into the game.
  2. Keep XVM unofficial and let players block this non-official 3rd Party in-battle stuff based on your web-API.

 

Shills:

Discussing XVM has nothing to do with the actual stats of players - be they good, bad or terribad, as all the data XVM pushes back into active battles is available in the game already! So stop pushing that nonsense.

 

It has nothing to do with installing XVM; playing vanilla you are part of this 3rd Party mod, without even knowing it exists and this is only possible because of an official web-API which is set up by Wargaming to transfer data outwards of the game, so this is wrong. It is not part of the game, 3rd Party, vanilla users should be able to opt-out. So stop pushing that install nonsense.

 

This discussion has everything to do with pushing the data through an official web API into active battles without any way to op-out of this, whilst it is not part of the official game (3rd Party).

 

:trollface::popcorn:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by r0f, 19 July 2018 - 12:34 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users