CDC 60 topspeed

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Goldzahn #1 Posted 18 July 2018 - 10:02 AM

Private

• Player
  • 34050 battles
CDC has only one strenght and that s the mobility...in current mm the tank isnt as competitive anymore since some other tier 8 prems are outperforming it so hard in the other characteristics, that having 57 kmh top speed doesnt seem to make up for the lack of armor and firepower...i dont think it would outperform lights since they still have the camo advantage over the CDC...aswell the hidden stats are hurting this tank so much that you could argue if it s even fraud to sell it WG...so please 60 top speed? And maybe 1 pr 2 kmh better reverse speed?

Cobra6 #2 Posted 18 July 2018 - 10:11 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

The speed was never the problem of the CDC, it's the ground resistances that utterly kneecap this tank.

It turns like the Titanic on a Shingle beach for no reason what-so-ever.

Since the CDC to all intents and purposes plays like a light tank it should both have light tank mobility and light tank gun handling.

Cobra 6

Senpai_Coldzahn #3 Posted 18 July 2018 - 10:34 AM

Private

• Player
  • 24527 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Well 57 kmh is just not that good if you compare the mobility with the firepower of lorrain or proggetto or T44100 which have good mobility aswell...i think CDC needs like OP mobility, if you buff traverse and hidden stats or top speed doesnt realy matter just something has to happen to make it competitive against other similar mobile tanks.  60 top speed would definitly help.

Xandania #4 Posted 18 July 2018 - 11:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36417 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

Admittedly the CDC did not age well - when I first entcountered it many years ago it seemed to hit me from every angle at long range. I came around to buy one myself like two years or so ago and the increased amount of heavy HE-use as well as the changes for arty mechanics did not improve its lot.

I'd say it takes a high skill level to play that fast box of paper - gun and mobility are great (except for ground resistances), size and lack of armor make it a priority target. I remember them being played as a mobile sniper but nowadays there are a lot of tds that fill that role better.

Lets see, what might improve it without crippling its playstyle?

- improved ground resitances

- slightly better aiming time/dispersion

- slightly better armor (so that not every arty shell pens)

any one of these should improve it enough - admittedly the CDC was my favourite tank in frontlines. It felt like the mode was amost made for it with these biggish maps ^^.

falcon_96 #5 Posted 18 July 2018 - 02:54 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22956 battles
  • [BG3A1] BG3A1

It is powercreeped into oblivion... That is the problem, it simply has nothing to offer compared to the other tier 8 prem meds, it shines with nothing, yet pays a heavy price for its supposed "strengths". It is badly outdated and needs major buff to make it competitive in the new meta.

That tank was supposed to be a TD after all, it is even in its name "Tank hunter" but WG decided to introduce it as med. I would be completely fine with the huge profile, paper thin armor and mediocre turning speeds if WG took away that meh 212mm pen "support tank" gun and replaced it with an awesome sniper gun, still a 90mm but with 230mm(or even 240) pen, shell velocity like the one of the M4 Rev and good soft stats when turning the turret, but still bad on the move.
That would result in an unique and competitive tank, specializing in long range combat, but weak when forced to fight at short range.

Solstad1069 #6 Posted 18 July 2018 - 03:01 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 41019 battles

View PostGoldzahn, on 18 July 2018 - 10:02 AM, said:

that having 57 kmh top speed doesnt seem to make up for...

You could give the tank 157kmh top speed an it would still s.uck.

gunslingerXXX #7 Posted 18 July 2018 - 03:07 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11058 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

The 212 pen is not the biggest problem imo. I'd rather see good gun handling so you can get in unexpected position, fire and retreat before they snapshot you back... aiming takes too long and 240 alpha is not really worth trading shots (especially since you can be sure they pen you).

I'd rather see good gun handling, alpha increase, ground resistance improved... and please add sime armour on top to decrease arty magnet power

Simeon85 #8 Posted 18 July 2018 - 03:49 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 1097 battles

Terrible terrible tank.

Give it normal ground resistances (like 0.8/1/1.2 or similar) then it's 35 hp/ton would actually mean something.

Plus it needs the horrible dispersion values brought right down so it aims really fast (this applies to other paper tanks like the Leo 1), something like 0.11/0.11/0.08 with 0.3 accuracy and 1.92s aim time would be good.

Finally like most tier 8 meds it needs a DPM buff, especially as it is a huge paper target, so at least like 2.3 - 2,4k base DPM.

It would still be a paper support tank, which means it is not likely to be super strong in the current meta at all but at least it would be highly mobile, would be able to aim quickly to avoid return fire and kill stuff more quickly when it got to flank. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users