Bug: can't change ammo or use consumables

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Ammo/consumable bug (21 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Have you ever had this bug?

1. Yes (13 votes [61.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 61.90%

2. No (8 votes [38.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.10%

Vote Hide poll

Floris123cool #1 Posted 18 July 2018 - 05:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12452 battles
  • [ENZYM] ENZYM

Lately I have this insanely frustrating bug that doesn't let me change ammo or use consumables. It's not that common, it happens about 3-4 times a week for me, but when it happens I feel totally powerless because there is pretty much nothing you can do. I have only found one solution so far, when I close the game and reopen it the bug is gone for a while, but I have only had the time once to do this in game.

Picture it, you have had an amazing game and you are in a 1v1 at the end of the game. If you win, you get live long glory. And you know it's doable. You're in an Obj. 140 with ~1000 hp facing an E 50 M with ~900 hp. Sounds easy right? Both you and the enemy shoot a round into each other, he's now a 2 shot kill and so are you. But when he shot you he hits your ammo. No problem right? Just repair it and go on with the fight. But then you realise, the button for repairing (5 for me) isn't responding. Furiously you spam the 5 key but nothing works. Soon you find out you also can't change ammo or use any other consumable. That's when you know, a stupid little bug has cost you the game. This bug is extremely annoying and will be a big problem when the mini campaign comes. 

Does anyone have this same issue? I couldn't find anything about it on the forums so let me know what's up.

Note: when I press Enter to type in chat all my keys work, so it has nothing to do with the keyboard. It's also irrelevant to ask about mods. I'm using Quickybaby's modpack and I haven't added anything, so that shouldn't be a problem. Too add prove to that, I have spoken with some people who don't use mods at all and are having the same issue.

divsmo #2 Posted 18 July 2018 - 05:26 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32634 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
I've had the issue before but not for a long time, best way i found to get around it was to restart the client. Or obviously if it happens during a game just hold ctrl and click on what you want to repair or change ammo to and it will work, it's not as fast as using the number keys but it's something.

Floris123cool #3 Posted 18 July 2018 - 05:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12452 battles
  • [ENZYM] ENZYM

View Postdivsmo, on 18 July 2018 - 04:26 PM, said:

I've had the issue before but not for a long time, best way i found to get around it was to restart the client. Or obviously if it happens during a game just hold ctrl and click on what you want to repair or change ammo to and it will work, it's not as fast as using the number keys but it's something.

Holding ctrl and clicking doesn't work for me

unhappy_bunny #4 Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:19 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18170 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

Havent had that bug, but last night my aiming circle, rectile and cross hairs all disappeared suddenly. Had played a couple of battles and all was ok, then suddenly they disappeared. Finished the battle ( managed 2 hits by judging where I was aiming), shut the game down and restarted, still the same problem. Checked settings and the rectile tab would highlight but clicking on it did nothing. Deleted all mods (Webiums) and re-downloaded the mod pack, and all was fine. 

Its the Aliens at work again. 

Isharial #5 Posted 18 July 2018 - 07:05 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19826 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

had the same issue yesterday, couldn't repair my track, no matter how much I wanted to use my repair kit (I actually thought it was on cooldown until I looked, and it wasn't) 

I sat there helpless as none of my keys responded except for C (great :sceptic: .. ) which sent my autoloader onto reload and cost me the game... 

usually pressing ALT repeatedly cures it (for some reason? ) but that time it didn't :amazed: 

and for the record, vanilla client (always has and will be) so mods aren't the cause (afaik)

Edited by Isharial, 18 July 2018 - 07:20 PM.

DutchBaron_ #6 Posted 18 July 2018 - 07:19 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10556 battles
  • [FDAD] FDAD
I had the same issue as you described, and also rebinding the keys to other ones didn't help so it's definitely not a hardware problem. Last 2-3 months I have only got it like 3 times but before that I had it multiple times a week, with sometimes being multiple times a day, very annoying. I have know idea why it got less frequent since I didn't really change any settings I just thought it got fixed. For the record, I am playing without any mods.

Bordhaw #7 Posted 18 July 2018 - 07:33 PM

Major

• Player
  • 11553 battles
I remember having this once or maybe twice. 

250swb #8 Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:49 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 22676 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Does this happen after a Windows update or notification? Unplug/replug your mouse and keyboard, make sure Notifications in Windows is turned off and also that there are no Windows updates pending download or installation. 

This problem came up on the forum about a year or so ago and I'm not sure the advice I gave above is the actual answer but it rings a bell in my head. 

DutchBaron_ #9 Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:56 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10556 battles
  • [FDAD] FDAD

View Post250swb, on 19 July 2018 - 08:49 AM, said:

Does this happen after a Windows update or notification? Unplug/replug your mouse and keyboard, make sure Notifications in Windows is turned off and also that there are no Windows updates pending download or installation. 

This problem came up on the forum about a year or so ago and I'm not sure the advice I gave above is the actual answer but it rings a bell in my head. 

It could be, but to me it just seems more like a wot problem, since it are just a few keys not working and if I go to something else like chrome when I am having the issue everything is working perfectly fine

Kalashnikova_blyat #10 Posted 19 July 2018 - 09:11 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 43876 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
:arta:

UrQuan #11 Posted 19 July 2018 - 10:00 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19477 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Seems something is screwy indeed. I couldn't repair my tanks after battle today... Kept saying *Error repairing 'KV-4'. Please try again later.* Not using any mods here either.

Xandania #12 Posted 19 July 2018 - 11:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36447 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-
Only thing I can imagine is that some other program you run captures the input - better check what else is running on your machine ^^

Homer_J #13 Posted 19 July 2018 - 11:11 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostFloris123cool, on 18 July 2018 - 05:14 PM, said:

It's also irrelevant to ask about mods. I'm using Quickybaby's modpack

Errmmm...

If you are using mods then they are always relevant.

Nethraniel #14 Posted 19 July 2018 - 11:11 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 13226 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Wasn't there some problem with the discord overlay? Might be something like that?

4nt #15 Posted 19 July 2018 - 11:29 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23088 battles
Had this after 9.22 a few times, ctrl+tab helped me (fullscreen). Didn't have disco then tho. Do you have win7? I heard somewhere that win10 has same but, as you described, returns even if solved after a while.

DutchBaron_ #16 Posted 19 July 2018 - 11:31 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10556 battles
  • [FDAD] FDAD
I am pretty certain that's wot, and not another program cuz it also happened after completely restarting my laptop and only having wot running.

Balc0ra #17 Posted 19 July 2018 - 11:42 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66298 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostFloris123cool, on 18 July 2018 - 05:14 PM, said:

Note: when I press Enter to type in chat all my keys work, so it has nothing to do with the keyboard. It's also irrelevant to ask about mods. I'm using Quickybaby's modpack and I haven't added anything, so that shouldn't be a problem. Too add prove to that, I have spoken with some people who don't use mods at all and are having the same issue.

Well... even if no one uses his mod packs that has the same issue. It's still not the worst idea to clear the WOT cache. As even old mod configs etc can cause issues there in current versions, even if they don't use one now. And if you are using mods, running safe mode to check is not a bad idea either... even tho the other saying they have the same issue claims they don't use mods. 

But last time we had a similar issue on this forum that affected more then a few... it was related to game overlays. So what do you run in the background? Like discord etc. And if so do you have game overlays activated for WOT on that? And even tho your keyboard works just fine. Don't mean there are other things screwing with its input at times, like other programs. So have you installed anything new lately around the time the issues stated? 

Edited by Balc0ra, 19 July 2018 - 11:44 AM.

DutchBaron_ #18 Posted 19 July 2018 - 12:00 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10556 battles
  • [FDAD] FDAD
This all could be true, but I am thinking since there multiple people with the same problem that's a wot bug. Also regarding programs in the background most of the time I don't even run anything in the background since I play on laptop that isn't really suited for gaming. Also it's just so strange that so random and rare. Before I would have it multiple times a week but last two months I only have got it three times or so. Also when it was happening multiple times a week I did a new wot install but it didn't help anything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users