What to do with players pushing/blocking friendlies.

push blocking overturn teamdamage

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Alice_Shimada_Chan #1 Posted 19 July 2018 - 01:53 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29568 battles

Just what the title says.

So just a maybe 30 minutes before writing this, I had a battle with M56 scorpion. This TD has armor 1 and not the best dpm. It has only one good thing and that is camo, so logically I went to classic camping TD spot. Sudenly on the players in my team in AMX 50 100 started pushing me, and then he pushed me to "end map line" (invisible wall or how should I call it) and he overturned me. I shot him two times and got banned but thats for another topic/discussion :D  .

But here is the problem of team damage system. AMX did not fire team damaging shot, but by overturning my tank he basically disabled my tank from combat, and thats basically the same thing like if he destroyed my tank by shooting. Even if I didnt shoot him and got kicked because of autoban, I would still do nothing in that battle.

So if you do certain ammount of teamdamage, you will get autoban. But what about the players who use these sort of glitches and basically disable friendly tank on purpose but nothing can happen to them, because they can only push you for little damage and overturn you. Sometimes you can get lucky and another more inteligent ally can try to help you, but even this cause damage to team beacuse that one players who is trying to help could be doing something else, or moving to position.

Why not just ban these people for I dunno 1 week, who: push allies on purpose, block allies from moving on purpose, or push you to overturn you on purpose. They are doing team damage in "legal way". In order to ban certain player a replay would have to used as evidence of course.

Of course I am angry like .... but this is ment to be serious topic.

Edited by Katyusha_Taichou, 19 July 2018 - 01:56 AM.

kaneloon #2 Posted 19 July 2018 - 02:08 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28684 battles
  • [OBLIC] OBLIC

- Replay could help.

- Never shoot your team, even provoked - some guys are kings to do that -. You did it multiple times to be kicked.

- You can't really do something against that. Pretty impossible to detect. As you said he stayed "legal". Maybe call for help from your other team mates ?

PhooBar #3 Posted 19 July 2018 - 02:21 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 18972 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Yeah...  I feel ya, man.

Just don't shoot the monkey.

Report and move on to the next game.

Stay cool.

Alice_Shimada_Chan #4 Posted 19 July 2018 - 02:44 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29568 battles
I already sent replay to customer support. I know how autoban for teamdamage works, but they should also ban that .... who overturned me. Ban him for 24 hours and everything would be settled. Really that guy just logged battle with his AMX, first thing he did was that pushing into me and overturning me, and then he was just driving sighseeing our arty and buildings around. People like this one completely ruin the game and should be punished just like everyone else who does something against the rules.

Robbie_T #5 Posted 19 July 2018 - 03:03 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17019 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Yeah you see this more now.

Its vacation time lots of kiddys screwing up the games with there stupid decisions or even worse doing those kind of things.

not even speaking about general chat (must find out how to be chat moderator).

They blaming Wg for there Iq no MM can make a fair match with those idiots out there.

LordMuffin #6 Posted 19 July 2018 - 04:51 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48529 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postkaneloon, on 19 July 2018 - 02:08 AM, said:

- Replay could help.

- Never shoot your team, even provoked - some guys are kings to do that -. You did it multiple times to be kicked.

- You can't really do something against that. Pretty impossible to detect. As you said he stayed "legal". Maybe call for help from your other team mates ?

If he posts a replay, he get warned for naming and shaming.

In general though.

CS will give you a copy paste answer about relying on the report system and then do nothing.

Which no one knows if it does anything at all.

The sad part is that pushing team mates and other similar toxic behaviours are more or less tolerated by WG, or perceived to be tolerated. 

You could send CS clear evidence of a guy abusing physics like this for many games and yet CS will do nothing. 

Edited by LordMuffin, 19 July 2018 - 04:54 AM.

PlasticArmour #7 Posted 19 July 2018 - 05:01 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 52898 battles
You can report them for unsportsman like conduct. That'll show 'em.

Homer_J #8 Posted 19 July 2018 - 07:39 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostKatyusha_Taichou, on 19 July 2018 - 01:53 AM, said:

What to do.

Have some awareness of what is going on around you so that when some donkey-hole come along you are not caught by surprise.

Don't shoot the green ones.

Send the replay to support under abuse of in game physics.

Alice_Shimada_Chan #9 Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:09 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29568 battles

I don't know if I was just unlucky, but I met so many edits yesterday, and that AMX was just their champion who ended my nerves for good. Few battles before I met this genius, I had a battle where friendly arty shot me, because I didnt sacrifice myself to protect him. Funny thing is, he was damaged but still managed to get away because it was one that fast arties (british but I dont remember which one, or which tier ...). He survived on some 70 80 hp, turned to me, hit me for some 200 damage, so I just finished him and got blue of course. This week in general I met extreme amount of .... doing these things like splashing allies in arty, pushing teammates, or shooting (one team damage shot) because somebody bumped into them/rammed them for some 20 hp by accident - that happens especialy at the start of battle when fast tanks want to capture strategic positions, and I would never shoot somebody who would ram me by accident for some 1 % hp. Somebody rams you for 10 hp so you shoot him for lets say 390 ? It might have been in monday when I bought "deathtoaster" out of boredom to play few battles with it, and on map airfield I bumped into our arty by accident (he just stopped before me..), I did little to none damage to him, and then when I turned he one-shoted me into back.

As melancholic mixed with choleric/hot tempered rage bursts its hard to not loose nerves and get enraged with people like these :D  . If I could I would be swinging banhammer like space marine.

Edited by Katyusha_Taichou, 19 July 2018 - 08:11 AM.

Homer_J #10 Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:20 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostKatyusha_Taichou, on 19 July 2018 - 08:09 AM, said:

I don't know if I was just unlucky, .... I just finished him and got blue of course. ....... I bumped into our arty 

Starting to seem like it could be karma.

ignaskarate #11 Posted 19 July 2018 - 02:40 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10442 battles
  • [WOTFK] WOTFK
bad day? today o got called "idiot kv1s" (tier 5) by t34 and P43. I was camping behind corner, while my team were poking around corner, receiving shots from enemy team and hide back. So then ally P43 (tier 6) shot me with words-uninstall. So i asked, are you sure you want me to uninstall? And send him straight to garage with "headshot". Finally i was top 3 scorer in my team, t34 and P43 were bellow 10 place with single 1 shot damage. I love those polish players, they so awesome.

Joggaman #12 Posted 19 July 2018 - 02:47 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 24414 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

T-34 wanted me to go on a suicide scout run...

vixu #13 Posted 19 July 2018 - 02:48 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 43064 battles

1) do nothing. ride to another side of the map, if you can.

2) do nothing, yo-lo into enemy positions and go to another round.

3) try to get them banned, try to get shot by them, pushed by them to death etc.... (kinda border line, cause you may get reported yourself).

---- DON'T shoot them. Getting banned yourself is the best reward for them ----

Graeme0 #14 Posted 19 July 2018 - 03:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25363 battles
  • [M-O-M] M-O-M

If a friendly turns you over onto your roof, they will get the blame when you die so the auto system works in that respect.

Unfortunately it also works if anyone unsuccessfully tries to put you up the right way, they touched you last so get the blame when you die.

There will always be trolls and people who do not care. This is the same for any game.  The important thing is not to rise to the bait.

Bordhaw #15 Posted 19 July 2018 - 06:31 PM

Major

• Player
  • 11994 battles

View PostKatyusha_Taichou, on 19 July 2018 - 12:53 AM, said:

So just a maybe 30 minutes before writing this, I had a battle with M56 scorpion. This TD has armor 1 and not the best dpm. It has only one good thing and that is camo, so logically I went to classic camping TD spot. Sudenly on the players in my team in AMX 50 100 started pushing me, and then he pushed me to "end map line" (invisible wall or how should I call it) and he overturned me. I shot him two times and got banned but thats for another topic/discussion :D  .

But here is the problem of team damage system. AMX did not fire team damaging shot, but by overturning my tank he basically disabled my tank from combat, and thats basically the same thing like if he destroyed my tank by shooting. Even if I didnt shoot him and got kicked because of autoban, I would still do nothing in that battle.

So if you do certain ammount of teamdamage, you will get autoban. But what about the players who use these sort of glitches and basically disable friendly tank on purpose but nothing can happen to them, because they can only push you for little damage and overturn you. Sometimes you can get lucky and another more inteligent ally can try to help you, but even this cause damage to team beacuse that one players who is trying to help could be doing something else, or moving to position.

Why not just ban these people for I dunno 1 week, who: push allies on purpose, block allies from moving on purpose, or push you to overturn you on purpose. They are doing team damage in "legal way". In order to ban certain player a replay would have to used as evidence of course.

Of course I am angry like .... but this is ment to be serious topic.

Well I'm sure 1 messed up battle won't matter from the over 25,000 you've played. 

Alice_Shimada_Chan #16 Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:44 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29568 battles
CS responded that they will punish him somehow. Not sure if I can believe it :D  , but well I hope they really did something.

View PostBordhaw, on 19 July 2018 - 05:31 PM, said:

Well I'm sure 1 messed up battle won't matter from the over 25,000 you've played. 

It's not about that, ruining one of my battles. You see this every once in a while, but now I saw this more often. Blocking, team ramming, somebody shoots noob because he went to bad position, one TD pushing other TD because first captured his favourite camping position. If one players block the other for example, then you have two players in team doing nothing. One blocks ally instead of fighting, and the blocked one can't do anything, so you have 13 vs 15.

Also tagged with push, blocking, overturn, teamdamage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users