Coming Soon: Clan Scuffle

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 19 July 2018 - 03:29 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles

It's time for the clans to gather their best tankers for an epic showdown!

The full text of the news item

Just an FYI: all members must be from the same clan, mixed teams will be removed. 

Edited by Berbo, 20 July 2018 - 03:01 PM.

Shpitzi #2 Posted 19 July 2018 - 03:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24661 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Yes, those clans clearly needed more gold... 

_Eranur_ #3 Posted 19 July 2018 - 03:51 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30710 battles
  • [A__G] A__G
But The Clan GO-IN is no longer active... the active player-base of this clan left some time ago... so you might wanna switch them out for another clan

Cobra6 #4 Posted 19 July 2018 - 03:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

MVPS: 2 members

GO-IN: 22 members

I guess the rest will come back for this tournament? :amazed:

Cobra 6

Berbo #5 Posted 19 July 2018 - 04:02 PM

eSports Manager Europe

• WG Staff
  • 31600 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View PostCobra6, on 19 July 2018 - 03:55 PM, said:

MVPS: 2 members

GO-IN: 22 members

I guess the rest will come back for this tournament? :amazed:

Cobra 6

Yes, we are aware of the issues with some clans. We will most likely take more from the qualifiers.

EDIT: mvps actually had a wrong link. All good

Edited by Berbo, 19 July 2018 - 04:06 PM.

Cobra6 #6 Posted 19 July 2018 - 04:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Yeah back to 99 again for MVPS :D

Cobra 6

Rustybolt #7 Posted 19 July 2018 - 04:27 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16061 battles
Nice?

imperiumgraecum #8 Posted 19 July 2018 - 04:45 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 60074 battles
  • [FAIME] FAIME

View PostBerbo, on 19 July 2018 - 05:02 PM, said:

Yes, we are aware of the issues with some clans. We will most likely take more from the qualifiers.

http://forum.worldof...7#entry15911577

As GO-IN's former commander said, GO-IN will participate no matter what

wsatnutter #9 Posted 19 July 2018 - 04:46 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 24380 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
good luck all who take part

8126Jakobsson #10 Posted 19 July 2018 - 05:03 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 62651 battles

View PostShpitzi, on 19 July 2018 - 03:49 PM, said:

Teams 16-5 would have to split it between 15 players only to make it somewhat worthwhile. First place could hand out 3000 each to all 100 members. Not exactly game changing amounts for a tournament meant for the very best.  

imperiumgraecum #11 Posted 19 July 2018 - 05:05 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 60074 battles
  • [FAIME] FAIME

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 19 July 2018 - 06:03 PM, said:

Teams 16-5 would have to split it between 15 players only to make it somewhat worthwhile. First place could hand out 3000 each to all 100 members. Not exactly game changing amounts for a tournament meant for the very best.  

Not all 100 players will be either interested or qualified to be picked for the team.

Edited by imperiumgraecum, 19 July 2018 - 05:05 PM.

TijgernootTank #12 Posted 19 July 2018 - 05:17 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 44703 battles
  • [TOURN] TOURN
Nice stuff - only seems to coincide a bit with clanwars .

8126Jakobsson #13 Posted 19 July 2018 - 05:57 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 62651 battles

View Postimperiumgraecum, on 19 July 2018 - 05:05 PM, said:

Not all 100 players will be either interested or qualified to be picked for the team.

Of course. Just pointing out how poor the reward is regarding his gold/clan comment. But on the other hand a winning team could go pick up one of those hot IS-6's from the tech tree and still have some gold left to convert free experience for half a line or something, so there's that. 

fighting_falcon93 #14 Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:27 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 29717 battles
So the clans that already bath in free gold gets to split another 800'000+ free gold while players that isn't in a clan for whatever reason, still sits empty handed. Great idea WG. Fantastic way to split up the gold you want to give away for free. Don't forget to warn the top 10 clans to not drown in their own treasury...

WindSplitter1 #15 Posted 19 July 2018 - 08:42 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 15430 battles
  • [KROLL] KROLL

View PostShpitzi, on 19 July 2018 - 02:49 PM, said:

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 19 July 2018 - 07:27 PM, said:

So the clans that already bath in free gold gets to split another 800'000+ free gold while players that isn't in a clan for whatever reason, still sits empty handed. Great idea WG. Fantastic way to split up the gold you want to give away for free. Don't forget to warn the top 10 clans to not drown in their own treasury...

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 19 July 2018 - 04:57 PM, said:

Of course. Just pointing out how poor the reward is regarding his gold/clan comment. But on the other hand a winning team could go pick up one of those hot IS-6's from the tech tree and still have some gold left to convert free experience for half a line or something, so there's that. 

Just pointing these out again in case it's not clear enough for WG.

If this is how it is, I'd rather have a game mode strictly for non Clan members with a chance of earning gold and other rewards.

In a single day, two announcements for "Da Top Klanu". Care to cater for those who aren't interested in having a screaming, cussing FC on his PMT?

Edited by WindSplitter1, 19 July 2018 - 08:42 PM.

_Jergo_ #16 Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 40177 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostWindSplitter1, on 19 July 2018 - 08:42 PM, said:

Just pointing these out again in case it's not clear enough for WG.

If this is how it is, I'd rather have a game mode strictly for non Clan members with a chance of earning gold and other rewards.

In a single day, two announcements for "Da Top Klanu". Care to cater for those who aren't interested in having a screaming, cussing FC on his PMT?

There are plenty of modes for solo players, currently we have the Kursk mission marathon where you can earn a bunch of rewards, before that there was frontline which will be coming back. Starting from next week a new season of ranked battles is starting, not to mention that we usually get at least 2 mission marathons per year for a tank of some sorts. There are also plenty of others I'm sure I'm forgetting but I think you get my point. :)

As for clans, we have a semi-regular CW season, 2 campaigns per year and MAYBE 2-5 tournaments, most of which are initiated from the players side not from WG. So if you want to participate in those you should get better and join a good clan. But I doubt that's what you want, I assume you want to play without tryharding (read: using your brain) and not play every day but get the same rewards as people who like the VERY small competitive side of this game. 

Maybe I'm wrong but I've seen you whine about similar topics regularly. 

Edited by _Jergo_, 20 July 2018 - 02:15 PM.

fighting_falcon93 #17 Posted 20 July 2018 - 06:22 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 29717 battles

View Post_Jergo_, on 20 July 2018 - 02:14 PM, said:

There are plenty of modes for solo players, currently we have the Kursk mission marathon where you can earn a bunch of rewards, before that there was frontline which will be coming back. Starting from next week a new season of ranked battles is starting, not to mention that we usually get at least 2 mission marathons per year for a tank of some sorts.

Sorry but you completely missed the point. It's not about "rewards", it's about free gold. Why should anyone be happy to get a fire extinguisher rammed up their backside when others get showered in gold? I'll go through the things you mentioned:

- Kursk missions: It's a fun event and I like the historical aspect of it. But what do we get as rewards? Consumables, camo and a premium tank of a whopping tier 5.

- Frontline: Once again, it was quite fun, but what did we get? Again, consumables. Wow...

- Ranked battles: Yes, this is one possibility. But look at the time vs reward here, it's rediculous. 3 weeks of gold spamming tryhards, and for that you get 2000 gold. You need to make it into gold league during 5 seasons in order to get enough gold for a tier 8 premium tank.

- Premium tank marathons: This is always the same old story. Look back through the past marathons, do you see the pattern? Medium tanks, medium tanks, medium tanks... What about players that don't like medium tanks? What about players that don't want only medium tanks as money makers? What about players that have another premium tank that they really, really want?

Now compare the above to this clan event. 900'000 gold is divided among top 8 clans. That's rediculous. Top 1 clan gets 450'000 gold!!!! For 3 days of playing! *edited*?!?!? No wonder the rest of us gets a ------- fire extinguisher if the top gets these amounts of gold...

The problem here is how WG split up the gold that they want to give out for free. All of it goes into one group of players, the players that already gets the most. And all other players gets crap rewards. They could have splitted it up more fairly. For example, why not give gold instead of tanks after a marathon?

From my perspective as a non-clan-wards player, it feels like this: WG have put certain rules over all their rewards. The gold is only allowed to go into the pockets of their beloved puppets that sit on the top. They clearly need more gold so that they can retrain every single crew member with gold and buy their 137th premium tank. Meanwhile, the rest  are considered as peasants and get to be happy with bread crumbs, a.k.a the rewards that would upset the puppets. You know, those average players that retrain their crew for credits and havn't even got 1 premium tank of their own choice yet.

If you still don't get the point, I recommend you to try to play without any clan for the next 12 months and you might notice how the "rewards" change in quality...

View Post_Jergo_, on 20 July 2018 - 02:14 PM, said:

I assume you want to play without tryharding (read: using your brain) and not play every day but get the same rewards as people who like the VERY small competitive side of this game.

Maybe you would prefer if those players stopped playing? Then you could get even more rewards, right? Oh, right, the game would be dead then. So maybe WG should ask themselves, should they only reward the portion of players that play this game competetively, or should they maybe start to reward the players that actually keep this game alive?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that skill shouldn't be rewarded. But the proportions are ------ up completely. If WG wants to give out gold for free, then make it aviable to all players, in proportion to their skill. It should be a linear transition and not some binary crap where top 8 gets everything and bottom gets nothing. If not, then I see no reason why top 8 clans can't get fire extinguisers just like the rest. As you just said yourself in your post, we average players do get "rewards" too, right?

Edited by G_Bg_82, 21 July 2018 - 08:49 AM.
edited due to inappropriate content

WindSplitter1 #18 Posted 20 July 2018 - 08:30 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 15430 battles
  • [KROLL] KROLL

View Post_Jergo_, on 20 July 2018 - 01:14 PM, said:

There are plenty of modes for solo players, currently we have the Kursk mission marathon where you can earn a bunch of rewards, before that there was frontline which will be coming back. Starting from next week a new season of ranked battles is starting, not to mention that we usually get at least 2 mission marathons per year for a tank of some sorts. There are also plenty of others I'm sure I'm forgetting but I think you get my point. :)

As for clans, we have a semi-regular CW season, 2 campaigns per year and MAYBE 2-5 tournaments, most of which are initiated from the players side not from WG. So if you want to participate in those you should get better and join a good clan. But I doubt that's what you want, I assume you want to play without tryharding (read: using your brain) and not play every day but get the same rewards as people who like the VERY small competitive side of this game. 

Maybe I'm wrong but I've seen you whine about similar topics regularly. 

This has nothing to do with my post, as Fighting Falcon stated. Not even worth contesting. Have fun.

UGANDAN_BRUCE_LEE #19 Posted 21 July 2018 - 06:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 29635 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 20 July 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

The problem here is how WG split up the gold that they want to give out for free. All of it goes into one group of players, the players that already gets the most. And all other players gets crap rewards. 

They are not giving away gold for free. They are creating content which a big audience will be interested in, since the best and most competitive clans are playing. They need to offer a large amount of gold to motivate those clans to play. This content can be monetized by Wargaming to earn money and gain more popularity. Nobody is interested in your gameplay, therefore it is not worth it for wargaming to shove gold up your [edited]either. 

You can critize Wargaming for a lot of stuff, but complaining about this tournament and the way they give out gold makes you look like a *edit.

Edited by Mlddim, 21 July 2018 - 07:20 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

fighting_falcon93 #20 Posted 21 July 2018 - 07:14 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 29717 battles

View PostUGANDAN_BRUCE_LEE, on 21 July 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

They are not giving away gold for free. They are creating content which a big audience will be interested in, since the best and most competitive clans are playing. They need to offer a large amount of gold to motivate those clans to play. This content can be monetized by Wargaming to earn money and gain more popularity. Nobody is interested in your gameplay, therefore it is not worth it for wargaming to shove gold up your [edited]either. 

You can critize Wargaming for a lot of stuff, but complaining about this tournament and the way they give out gold makes you look like a *edit.

You call me a retard and then you come up with this rediculous explanation? :D :facepalm:

Oh, so you're saying that a "big audience" will be more interested to watch other people play and get rewarded instead of actually playing themselves and get some rewards themselves? Are you for real or was that the best you could come up with? Let me tell you this. Creating actual content where everyone can participate and have a chance to atleast earn a small bit of gold is going to be way more popular than watching how 8 clans spam gold at each other.

Regarding your shoveling. Did I say that they should shove gold up into my [edited], your [edited] or anyones [edited]? You just proved that you lack the ability to read and comprehend what another person is writing, you're too busy to make up another dumb excuse to why you're right. The exact problem is that they should stop shove gold up anyones [edited] and instead divide it more fairly among a bigger audience. This will activate more players, it will make more players happy, it will make more players interested and it will generate a bigger income for WG.

And lastly, you think I'm jealous? How could anyone in his right mind not be jealous about this? Why the ---- would anyone not be jealous about they having to spend 3 weeks in ranked battles to gain 2000 gold at most, while this event splits up 900'000 gold among 8 clans after 3 days!!! To put things in perspective, if players would get the same time/reward ratio in ranked battles as the 1st clan will get during this event, they would have to get 31'500 gold for ending up in gold league.

Next time you want to rediculate someone atleast make sure you have a solid argument. What you presented here is a rediculous and pathetic excuse to sweep a problem under the carpet by trying to justify it. While you're propably not good enough to benefit from this event, I'm sure you and your clan do generate some free gold during other events or even during regular clan wars. It would suck to miss out on those rewards and get the rewards that we regular plebs get, right? So no wonder you defend it...

Edited by Mlddim, 21 July 2018 - 07:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users