in-game-chat insults

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Beoger #1 Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5807 battles
  • [D_WR] D_WR

I have been playing WoT for about three months now and I am already fed up with the way some players think they can communicate with their team mates.

The best thing are armchair generals, who have already been killed and use free their time to harangue the remaining players calling them stupid, noob, bot, tomato, idiot, moron, imbecile or any other word from their repertoire of flowery language. This is about as useful as pinging the map a hundred times expecting a different outcome with each click.

Ask yourself, how likely is the following scenario:
wannaBunicum: "YOU ******* MORON!!! L2P! 
lightredTomato: "Oh, I get it! I should go hull-down at the ridge on E4 and cover the advance of the others. wilco"
wannaBunicum: "deinstall the game ************* bot!!!1!"
lightredTomato: "Phew, Glad you told me I can only pen the O-I from the side before I got myself into trouble."
wannaBunicum: "****you - N00B!"
lightredTomato: "Why, thank you! I'm giving it my best shot if you'll excuse the pun"

I do realize that there can be frustrating moments when some guys camp their premium heavy tank at base or your only light tank got himself killed within the first 20 seconds of the game or your artillery hits a bit too close for comfort, but cussing won't help anybody. On the contrary, it will only distract your remaining team mates. Also, before cussing out anyone for their lack of skill, ask yourself: why are you already dead if you're so much better than the others in your team? And: could I instead give a useful hint that will help my team win?

PS: Does reporting do anything? Are there known cases of sanctions against someone for insulting other players?

Edited by Beoger, 20 July 2018 - 01:37 PM.

the_nebuchadnezzar #2 Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47822 battles
:popcorn:

Dr_ownape #3 Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:38 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 43508 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

hey fella welcome to the forums.

Yes it happens and 95% of the time the "advice" demands a good ignoring. However ther are occasions were me or others have given our sage advice, it's been heeded and changed the outcome of the battle. Now if that works once in a 100 times it's worth it. If you're never going to consider what is written in there (if it's not abuse) then just turn chat off and enjoy the game.

unhappy_bunny #4 Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:38 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18163 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

I tend to ignore most of the chat stuff. If something is useful, I will take note, but if it is abusive, then it is ignored, or if excessively abusive, it gets reported.

Does reporting have any effect? I dont know, but one lives in hope that it does eventually lead to some sanction. 

_LEO_ #5 Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 55385 battles
  • [BLOJ] BLOJ

View PostBeoger, on 20 July 2018 - 12:30 PM, said:

I do realize that there can be frustrating moments when some guys camp their premium heavy tank...

Or some guys do on average one shot per game...

Solstad1069 #6 Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:50 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 41019 battles
Replay and i promise i watch :)

Cobra6 #7 Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Armchair generals, granted that they are 55% win rate, are very useful and someone you should definitely listen to if you yourself are below 55% win rate. There is a reason these people have such high win rates, it's because they know what they are doing.

And if they died early on it's usually because their team failed to take critical map locations that should always be taken at the start of the match lest you want to start at an immediate disadvantage.

Cobra 6

Enforcer1975 #8 Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Well...take it as an incentive to git gud if you don't want to get those love mails in the future. 

Edit: typo

Edited by Enforcer1975, 20 July 2018 - 02:10 PM.

vasilinhorulezz #9 Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22813 battles

Why do people use the word "deinstall"?

Seriously!!!

Enforcer1975 #10 Posted 20 July 2018 - 01:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCobra6, on 20 July 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

Armchair generals, granted that they are 55% win rate, are very useful and someone you should definitely listen to if you yourself are below 55% win rate. There is a reason these people have such high win rates, it's because they know what they are doing.

And if they died early on it's usually because their team failed to take critical map locations that should always be taken at the start of the match lest you want to start at an immediate disadvantage.

Cobra 6

vixu #11 Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:02 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 42601 battles

Translation of the initial post:

- I am fed-up with being called out as "useless n00b".

Response:

1) Ignore the "moron" part. There are many players that are probably playing w/o parents supervision. In the online game such as WoT  you should be prepared to meet such players.

2) Listen to the part where they tell you that you are useless. You may have have done something wrong.

Better you become, less you will hear those complaints.

Enforcer1975 #12 Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postvixu, on 20 July 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

Translation of the initial post:

- I am fed-up with being called out as "useless n00b".

Response:

1) Ignore the "moron" part. There are many players that are probably playing w/o parents supervision. In the online game such as WoT  you should be prepared to meet such players.

2) Listen to the part where they tell you that you are useless. You may have have done something wrong.

Better you become, less you will hear those complaints.

Oh i still get those complaints but it's from the players on the opposite end of the skill spectrum. Mainly from when i tell them to stop or retreat but they still advance and get mauled then complain. Chat and minimap are optional for these guys. 

Beoger #13 Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5807 battles
  • [D_WR] D_WR

Just to clarify:

- I know I'm not the best player (yet)

- I am more than happy to listen to actual advice
- I do realize that some players who curse like a pagan are actually skilled players who just need to vent

My objection is against players who only put down other players. If you have XVM installed and you find yourself among tomatoes, how about giving some pointers before the match starts instead of taking the time to write something like "oh great, another loss... noob team". Also, if you died early in the game: try and help your team instead of insulting them - if they ignore your advice and things go from bad to worse, you can still tell them to go fornicate with their closest female relative.

As by the head line: put up or shut up.

KAOS8989 #14 Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:31 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6773 battles
  • [RO-BW] RO-BW

View PostBeoger, on 20 July 2018 - 01:30 PM, said:

I have been playing WoT for about three months now and I am already fed up with the way some players think they can communicate with their team mates.

The best thing are armchair generals, who have already been killed and use free their time to harangue the remaining players calling them stupid, noob, bot, tomato, idiot, moron, imbecile or any other word from their repertoire of flowery language. This is about as useful as pinging the map a hundred times expecting a different outcome with each click.

Ask yourself, how likely is the following scenario:
wannaBunicum: "YOU ******* MORON!!! L2P! 
lightredTomato: "Oh, I get it! I should go hull-down at the ridge on E4 and cover the advance of the others. wilco"
wannaBunicum: "deinstall the game ************* bot!!!1!"
lightredTomato: "Phew, Glad you told me I can only pen the O-I from the side before I got myself into trouble."
wannaBunicum: "****you - N00B!"
lightredTomato: "Why, thank you! I'm giving it my best shot if you'll excuse the pun"

I do realize that there can be frustrating moments when some guys camp their premium heavy tank at base or your only light tank got himself killed within the first 20 seconds of the game or your artillery hits a bit too close for comfort, but cussing won't help anybody. On the contrary, it will only distract your remaining team mates. Also, before cussing out anyone for their lack of skill, ask yourself: why are you already dead if you're so much better than the others in your team? And: could I instead give a useful hint that will help my team win?

PS: Does reporting do anything? Are there known cases of sanctions against someone for insulting other players?

I'm not saying he did good... but he is right in some aspects.. you are a beginner and your play style is wrong..

my advice is try to play in platoon with your more experienced friends and listen to their advice... look at online videos.. etc

play more in lower tiers .. do not advance to fast ... 

Jabba_The_Mutt #15 Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4604 battles

It doesn't do anything, it's purpose is purely psychological... you perhaps feeling a tiny bit better after reporting, that's all

Beoger #16 Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5807 battles
  • [D_WR] D_WR

View PostKAOS8989, on 20 July 2018 - 02:31 PM, said:

I'm not saying he did good... but he is right in some aspects.. you are a beginner and your play style is wrong..

my advice is try to play in platoon with your more experienced friends and listen to their advice... look at online videos.. etc

play more in lower tiers .. do not advance to fast ... 

You do realize that this was a fictional situation? Also, I don't need to be told that I am a beginner, I know that already and I couldn't care less if someone calls me a noob or tomato. My point is that the time the person took to write insults would have been better used writing advice.

Just so you know, I am already doing all of those things you mentioned and I am slowly but surely improving.

Edited by Beoger, 20 July 2018 - 02:38 PM.

Infektid #17 Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40875 battles
  • [GOP] GOP

Disable chat.

Block all PM messages unless they are on friends list.

Some will tell you that chat can sometimes be helpful... but in the greater scheme of things i find it better to be better to turn it off.

To be able to keep the sanity... adjust your atitude towards the game, forget all notions of "teamplay".... you are playing vs 29.

Never expect any form of help from your "team mates".... 99% of the time you will get facked if you are expecting help...

They are just meat shields designed to last some seconds/minutes while you pump out as much damage as possible and try to win the game.

Bottom line you are alone - don't help unless you can do it without taking damage/dont expect help.

I know it's a very negative perspective but at 40K battles you will have it also.

Edited by Infektid, 20 July 2018 - 02:47 PM.

Browarszky #18 Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:46 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16096 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

They just have weird role models, maybe?....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cut-ZRbbbY

Long_Range_Sniper #19 Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:47 PM

General

• Player
  • 32642 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

The chances of anyone speaking your language in a random game is limited at best. Do you know if you're insulted in all languages?

The best response I find is to agree with them which totally confuses them, or if you don't speak their language to reply that you don't speak (insert language of your choice that isn't their language). 

For some reason this seems to trigger the more "challenged" players on the EU forum that you think their language is Polish or Turkish or German or whatever.

SaintMaddenus #20 Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34758 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

"Better you become, less you will hear those complaints."

What game are you playing?  Can I join :)

Its often the players that are so bad, usually less than 4K Personal Rating that start with the insults regardless of skills of others.  Though to be sure I had a reasonably good day with teams pushing as teams,  it was weird it was almost like a team battle with focused fire too!!!

Dammit, you'll want replays won't you... cant post those from here...

Also tagged with in-game-chat, insults

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users