Player move you are blocking my shot! Pls...

chat chat command communication

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Venom7000 #1 Posted 20 July 2018 - 08:43 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2799 battles

Guys I keep seeing that people have this voice command automatised. 
How do I quick/chat command them to move away from my shot? Is there a special button or this is a mod ? (because I have seen these in different languages)

:)

Suurpolskija #2 Posted 21 July 2018 - 01:07 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18698 battles
  • [URHO] URHO
I don't use the mod but I think they call it the "safe shot" mod. Try and google it. 

kaneloon #3 Posted 21 July 2018 - 01:59 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28735 battles
  • [OBLIC] OBLIC

This command is so ... lol ... in what configuration would someone in front of you  move in order for you to shoot his target ?

And you still have the "back" command.

PointZero #4 Posted 21 July 2018 - 07:20 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44053 battles

I just view it as one of those annoying spammy mods that clog the chat from any little usefull info someone in your team may actually try to give to your team. Also seems to trigger at the countdown at start of the round quite often when the player is looking around the spawn. If I'm actively fighting in a corner and one of these guys drives behind me wanting to use the same position there's a 90% chance I will miss the chat message anyways since I'm focusing on the fight instead of reading the chat. Or if I'm sidescraping and got there first I simply don't care.

One of the more annoying mods I've encountered lately was our LT using the "I'm spotted in C5!" followed by "help!" followed by automated map ping of that grid which ofc triggered every time he drove over to spot the central ridge on Prokhorovka.

Homer_J #5 Posted 21 July 2018 - 08:26 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29705 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

This mod and the I'm spotted one are pretty annoying.

There is a built in "fall back" command, use that if you need to tell someone to move out of your line of fire, it has the advantage of translating to the other players language.

MeetriX #6 Posted 21 July 2018 - 09:01 AM

Major

• Player
  • 20973 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE
Add them to your black list and the problem is solved.:B

Homer_J #7 Posted 21 July 2018 - 09:09 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29705 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMeetriX, on 21 July 2018 - 09:01 AM, said:

Add them to your black list and the problem is solved.:B

That only works if you meet them again, and pretty soon your blacklist will be full.

I do add to blacklist for the battle but not being psychic means I've already been annoyed.  I also temporarily blacklist anyone who pings more than once at the start of the battle.

Lycopersicon #8 Posted 21 July 2018 - 09:13 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 10610 battles
Whatever that mod is called, please disable the automatic chat spamming part, or if it cannot be disabled, don't use the mod. That "you are blocking my shot" is just annoying, and if you think about it then it simply means "hey mate, I thought you might want to know that I just attempted to shoot you".

Venom7000 #9 Posted 21 July 2018 - 10:06 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2799 battles
I see, its a mod. Good I hope they have it for Mac.
Yes the "fall back" command exits but problem is that many people interpret this as "retreat and don't engage the enemies" which most dont listen. I man a KV2 and If I accidentally graze them with my shoot it will be bad news for me and terrible one for them.

I constantly get these situations where I side-scrape and someone comes in front of me, shots and then proceeds to stay there to wait for his reload. I don't spamm chat, never. I am too busy playing. But this command is important because you wouldn't belive how many people fail to develop situational awareness just stand there after their shot.
I write manually in the chat for them to move and it works most of the time. No one wants to block a teammate to shoot or to risk friendly fire on themselves for no reason. :)

Edited by Venom7000, 21 July 2018 - 10:08 AM.

Baldrickk #10 Posted 21 July 2018 - 10:54 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30544 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostPointZero, on 21 July 2018 - 07:20 AM, said:

I just view it as one of those annoying spammy mods that clog the chat from any little usefull info someone in your team may actually try to give to your team. Also seems to trigger at the countdown at start of the round quite often when the player is looking around the spawn. If I'm actively fighting in a corner and one of these guys drives behind me wanting to use the same position there's a 90% chance I will miss the chat message anyways since I'm focusing on the fight instead of reading the chat. Or if I'm sidescraping and got there first I simply don't care.

One of the more annoying mods I've encountered lately was our LT using the "I'm spotted in C5!" followed by "help!" followed by automated map ping of that grid which ofc triggered every time he drove over to spot the central ridge on Prokhorovka.

It's the player triggering it:

View PostLycopersicon, on 21 July 2018 - 09:13 AM, said:

if you think about it then it simply means "hey mate, I thought you might want to know that I just attempted to shoot you".

And that's why I don't like the mod. It encourages people to do stuff like that.

Also it's bad to rely on the mod and not your brain - its easy to hit allies by leading or aiming the other side of them.

captainpigg #11 Posted 21 July 2018 - 11:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31760 battles
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV

Anyone else never ever typed it back to them in chat, then loaded HE in your eg: ISU then shot them in the engine, then typed "oops my safeshot doesn't seem to be working, or installed either"?

I swear I have never ever done this:hiding:.

Homer_J #12 Posted 21 July 2018 - 11:41 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29705 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostVenom7000, on 21 July 2018 - 10:06 AM, said:

Yes the "fall back" command exits but problem is that many people interpret this as "retreat and don't engage the enemies" which most dont listen. 

They aren't going to listen to your mod spam either.  To start with it will only spam in English, so a fair portion of the players won't understand it.  Those that do now know you are running a mod which prevents you shooting them in the back, so they have even less reason to move.  And I just blocked you for spam so I won't see any more of your fantastic tactical contribution.

SiliconSidewinder #13 Posted 21 July 2018 - 11:48 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27914 battles

most useless spamm ever :P

even assumeing the other person would make every effort to follow  this request, forgoing their own shot, by the time he has figured what you want, what he needs to do to be out of your fireline, you could already have moved, aimed in again and fired.

mpf1959 #14 Posted 21 July 2018 - 12:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17680 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I tend to only see the chat before moving off, or when killed early before btg, but in any case I would ignore such pompous [edited], no one has the right to command anything of anyone in a random battle, and maybe people aught to look at the minimap more than the chat, it would be better for all concerned.

Venom7000 #15 Posted 21 July 2018 - 12:58 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2799 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 21 July 2018 - 11:41 AM, said:

TAnd I just blocked you for spam so I won't see any more of your fantastic tactical contribution.

Not sure Im following you here. Who did you block? Me? 

Secondly,
I do agree some player like to exercise their fingers by spamming ping. But as some suggested for me to "move" you obviously think of a situation with multiple shooting points. 
We are talking about being huddled around a single corner and the sane thing is to play "peek-a-boo" shooting. Not shoot and stand there like a tool and prevent other teammates to contribute and fire. There is zero defence for players like this. He took the entire corner or even worse wedged himself after you.

I never take those "over the other tank shots". I never risk hurting my teammate. If they were there first I understand it and try to reposition (especially if they are doing very well with that spot and scoring some sweet shots).

You cant exactly do that in city or single corner shootouts. :)

Homer_J #16 Posted 21 July 2018 - 01:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29705 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostVenom7000, on 21 July 2018 - 12:58 PM, said:

Not sure Im following you here. Who did you block? Me? 

If I see someone use the "you are blocking" mod then I right click the spam and select block for this battle.

This means I do not see anything else they say or any map pings or quick chats they use for the rest of that battle.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

So if you want to use that spam then go ahead, for what little use it is, just beware it has a downside.

Jigabachi #17 Posted 21 July 2018 - 03:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I'm never sure if the user wants me to watch where I'm driving or if he is simply too stupid to aim.

Anyway, it's another annoying chatspam mod that should get banned.

Venom7000 #18 Posted 21 July 2018 - 05:07 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2799 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 21 July 2018 - 03:00 PM, said:

I'm never sure if the user wants me to watch where I'm driving or if he is simply too stupid to aim.

Anyway, it's another annoying chatspam mod that should get banned.

True, but there is a difference between being too stupid to aim. And there is parking your tank in front of another tank and not realising that you are blocking them from shooting. Again the situation that I am describing is mostly for when tanks are snipping each other from other ends of the street (via corners or in some maps where there are chokepoints and we need to regulate our shooting to ---> peek---> aim---> shoot--> retreat so someone else can shoot---> wait to reload---> announce that you are ready to shoot/reloaded (optional)---> peek again) :)
Its not that hard but some people are just either too selfish or too dumb to have situational awareness. 
You can spam any chat message if you really want to. I personally hate people who start pinging the map the minute they load up on to the server. Acting like Rommel. However when used sensibly the commands help.:)

Edited by Venom7000, 21 July 2018 - 05:08 PM.

Homer_J #19 Posted 21 July 2018 - 05:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29705 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostVenom7000, on 21 July 2018 - 05:07 PM, said:

I personally hate people who start pinging the map the minute they load up on to the server. 

Pinging is annoying, especially with no explanation of why.  Are you going there, do you want us to go there, should we avoid going there?  Anyway, they get one free ping, a second with no explanation gets them blocked.

Baldrickk #20 Posted 21 July 2018 - 06:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30544 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostHomer_J, on 21 July 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

Pinging is annoying, especially with no explanation of why.  Are you going there, do you want us to go there, should we avoid going there?  Anyway, they get one free ping, a second with no explanation gets them blocked.

I use a mod that blocks after 3 pings. 

Not had it installed for a while,  had someone do a tour of the minimap before a battle. 

Unfortunately my response of "So we run everywhere like headless chickens?" Didn't get a reaction. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users