I dont think i like the game anymore..

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Grimmx #1 Posted 21 July 2018 - 10:21 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12054 battles
  • [NTRS] NTRS

I have tried hard lately to get into WOT again, and tried to get better at the game. And i do feel i have improved in every area as i usally do when i tryhard, but this time around im just not having fun anymore because of the 3-5-7.

I have always been a period WOT player, but i find now that i cant influence the game as much as i used to.

Ill try to explain:

Ive never had tanks that i played often dip into 40% WR range like they do now. Ive always been able to tryhard them up over 50% when i wanted to.

Sure some tanks i just pass through up the line, but the keepers have never been a problem.

Now its just like crazy how i can have tanks around 40% but with good avg dmg and its totally random if they get higher winrate or not?

Why is that Wargaming?

Thats telling me something is really wrong with the matchmaker.

This time around i have a funny feeling i influence the game even less than before, and im certain the 3-5-7 matchmaking are the reason.

Ive never seen so much faceroll games before either.

Its like the bad player's influence the games to much, when it should be the other way around.

Leveling new tanks are horrible atm.

Wargaming, you must surely do something about this?

Anyway, im sure its not just a feeling i have, because my "confidence" if we can call it that, is totally screwed up when it comes improving my winrate.. 

Dmg i can manage fine, but not my winrate.

How is this game ever going to survive if people find grinding tanks a not fun?

Anyway. My 2 cents.

Edited by Grimmx, 21 July 2018 - 10:24 AM.

kaneloon #2 Posted 21 July 2018 - 10:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27335 battles
  • [OBLIC] OBLIC

Don't worry it will come back, if you do good there should be no problem. Wot needs a bit of regular practice.

Maybe change your played tanks.

Dorander #3 Posted 21 July 2018 - 10:45 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 17854 battles

It can't be the case that bad players influence the game too much and reduce your winrate, because you don't consistently get the same players on your team and the system is a binary win/lose scenario (barring rare draws). Even if the game is currently filled with "bad players", they exist on both sides of the battle, so every match one set of bad players wins and another set of bad players loses.

Your winrate represents your ability to influence the outcome of the battle despite the random factors thrown against you. If you lose a lot, play tanks you are better able to carry games in. Maybe free xp those tanks you don't like to grind, at least till they've got their top modules. You are right about one thing though: it does not make grinding tanks fun.

Grimmx #4 Posted 21 July 2018 - 10:49 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12054 battles
  • [NTRS] NTRS

View Postkaneloon, on 21 July 2018 - 10:30 AM, said:

Don't worry it will come back, if you do good there should be no problem. Wot needs a bit of regular practice.

Maybe change your played tanks.

I havent given up, but im not as positive as i used to be.

Had a terrible session today, but last 2 days before that was good so i know its "ups and downs" in this game.Ill prolly improve my daily stats later tonight.

The reason im posting isnt because of that, but because i feel i have EVEN less controll with this new matchmaker. 

For me 3-5-7 is horrible.

I wouldnt play tier 8 at all if i could chose, but im grinding a couple lines so i have to.

Ill play a few hundred games more and see whats up.

Not positive tho. 

View PostDorander, on 21 July 2018 - 10:45 AM, said:

It can't be the case that bad players influence the game too much and reduce your winrate, because you don't consistently get the same players on your team and the system is a binary win/lose scenario (barring rare draws). Even if the game is currently filled with "bad players", they exist on both sides of the battle, so every match one set of bad players wins and another set of bad players loses.

Your winrate represents your ability to influence the outcome of the battle despite the random factors thrown against you. If you lose a lot, play tanks you are better able to carry games in. Maybe free xp those tanks you don't like to grind, at least till they've got their top modules. You are right about one thing though: it does not make grinding tanks fun.

Thats true, but why does my tanks get "funny" stats over longer periods of time. It just doesnt feel right.

Could be me offcourse, but i "personally" think its the 3-5-7.

I may be a total nutjob tho ;)

It just feels "off"...if you know what i mean. 

Edited by xxTANK_Uxx, 21 July 2018 - 04:38 PM.

jack_timber #5 Posted 21 July 2018 - 11:01 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32385 battles

Can only speak for myself... But I find WoT a nice distraction and to tell you the truth just about given up grinding and only now play tanks that I enjoy.

Win rate, I don't really pay to much attention to as I much prefer to see how much damage I can do in any given battle.

I seem to have gravitated to being a casual player, still play as many games though, but as I said only now play the tanks that I find FUN, perhaps that's the key.

MM, hmm, I don't find it a problem, in fact I actually prefer to be bottom tier, strange I know but that's the way it is.

My advice, although some will disagree, is concentrate on the tanks you enjoy playing, doesn't matter at what tier. One of my most played is a T4 TD, I actually relish taking on T6's, so as far as MM goes it never concerns me as to where I am in the battle order.

Have fun:)

Dorander #6 Posted 21 July 2018 - 11:05 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 17854 battles

View PostGrimmx, on 21 July 2018 - 09:56 AM, said:

Thats true, but why does my tanks get "funny" stats over longer periods of time. It just doesnt feel right.

Could be me offcourse, but i "personally" think its the 3-5-7.

I may be a total nutjob tho ;)

It just feels "off"...if you know what i mean. 

I get what you mean, and being bottom tier does suck, and that template is for obvious reasons the least popular one (but also apparently the most prevalent one, if the MM-rage is any indication).

However consider that every time that template is used, 3 people are cheering, 5 people are probably fine with it because they're not bottom tier, and only 7 people, which is less than half, are annoyed. Sadly this does not translate into a direct result of "half the people are fine with this setup usually" because of prevalence of players per tier, but 3-5-7 is not as bad on paper as it looks when you're part of the 7. It's just that you never hear anyone when they're part of the other 8.

I think the most frustrating days are those where it feels like you're playing something you can do well in and you're bottom tier every time, and you end up losing 'cause your overall impact at your tier is too low (because the tier differences are way too big sometimes) and when you try to grind something you end up top tier in a stock tank against elite top-tier opponents. I'd vastly prefer it if the stock tanks gravitated towards middle tier, rather than top tier, because you already know you don't have the tank to carry the game, but you don't want to be shafted as the useless one at the bottom every time either.

BravelyRanAway #7 Posted 21 July 2018 - 11:09 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22343 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postjack_timber, on 21 July 2018 - 10:01 AM, said:

My advice, although some will disagree, is concentrate on the tanks you enjoy playing, doesn't matter at what tier. One of my most played is a T4 TD, I actually relish taking on T6's, so as far as MM goes it never concerns me as to where I am in the battle order.

I feel the same way, gave up grinding and only play tanks I enjoy(win a lot with:hiding:)

My fav is the US T40......much better than the SU-85B at T4. Wolverine is just great and the Jackson.......yummy!

Grimmx #8 Posted 21 July 2018 - 11:10 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12054 battles
  • [NTRS] NTRS

I really just need to try having fun.

Its a game after all.

It just feels different this time around. But ill try to get my head straight ;)

jack_timber #9 Posted 21 July 2018 - 11:24 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32385 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 21 July 2018 - 10:09 AM, said:

I feel the same way, gave up grinding and only play tanks I enjoy(win a lot with:hiding:)

My fav is the US T40......much better than the SU-85B at T4. Wolverine is just great and the Jackson.......yummy!

Must give the T40 another go, probably played it a long time ago, and see what it's like.

Must admit I rather like SU85b though:)

Henk_die_oorwinar #10 Posted 21 July 2018 - 11:46 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13206 battles
  • [1WJ] 1WJ
Well seeing as WGing sells wins and stats. No the game sucks these days.

Hedgehog1963 #11 Posted 21 July 2018 - 11:50 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 50863 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
In  3-5-7 there are seven bottom tier tanks on the enemy team also.  That's who to fight.

_6i6_ #12 Posted 21 July 2018 - 11:54 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5774 battles

View Postjack_timber, on 21 July 2018 - 12:01 PM, said:

Can only speak for myself... But I find WoT a nice distraction and to tell you the truth just about given up grinding and only now play tanks that I enjoy.

Win rate, I don't really pay to much attention to as I much prefer to see how much damage I can do in any given battle.

I seem to have gravitated to being a casual player, still play as many games though, but as I said only now play the tanks that I find FUN, perhaps that's the key.

MM, hmm, I don't find it a problem, in fact I actually prefer to be bottom tier, strange I know but that's the way it is.

always nice to take out a kv-2 with a hetzer :P

RamRaid90 #13 Posted 21 July 2018 - 12:00 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20550 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHenk_die_oorwinar, on 21 July 2018 - 10:46 AM, said:

Well seeing as WGing sells wins and stats. No the game sucks these days.

:facepalm:

Theres always one.

jack_timber #14 Posted 21 July 2018 - 12:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32385 battles

View Post_6i6_, on 21 July 2018 - 10:54 AM, said:

always nice to take out a kv-2 with a hetzer :P

Track him a couple of times then whittle down his HP, nothing better especially if it's one of those premiums:)

NUKLEAR_SLUG #15 Posted 21 July 2018 - 12:12 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27510 battles

View PostGrimmx, on 21 July 2018 - 10:21 AM, said:

Thats telling me something is really wrong with the matchmaker.

This time around i have a funny feeling i influence the game even less than before, and im certain the 3-5-7 matchmaking are the reason.

Ive never seen so much faceroll games before either.

Its like the bad player's influence the games to much, when it should be the other way around.

Thing is tho if you're winning 40% of your games then that means the other side is winning 60% of their games and they're subject to the exact same 3-5-7 MM as you are.

It's easy to just blame the MM and sure, you'll have runs of bad luck, but over an extended period blaming 3-5-7 doesn't hold up anymore and you've got to start looking at what you're doing wrong.

_6i6_ #16 Posted 21 July 2018 - 12:21 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5774 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 21 July 2018 - 01:12 PM, said:

Thing is tho if you're winning 40% of your games then that means the other side is winning 60% of their games and they're subject to the exact same 3-5-7 MM as you are.

It's easy to just blame the MM and sure, you'll have runs of bad luck, but over an extended period blaming 3-5-7 doesn't hold up anymore and you've got to start looking at what you're doing wrong.

i agree...

View PostGrimmx, on 21 July 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

I really just need to try having fun.

Its a game after all.

It just feels different this time around. But ill try to get my head straight ;)

just play the hetzer with derp gun and an ok crew

one-shot derp,roll back,laugh,derp again...:hiding:

no matter if you win or lose :child:

Ze_HOFF_fverhoef #17 Posted 21 July 2018 - 12:32 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 15156 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I think it's something to be expected from a game that you've played for quite some while, that you get a period that you enjoy the game less. Most likely would have happened without the new MM as well.

Just play less often and shorter, and just enjoy yourself. The moment you stop enjoying, get out of WoT and do something else.

That's what I'm doing :)

kaneloon #18 Posted 21 July 2018 - 01:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27335 battles
  • [OBLIC] OBLIC

I have liked to play nowadays tiers IX heavies with some mobility : t-10 and Emil II.

MM is pretty sweet for those, as you are more often than not top tiers, so it occurs to be vs tiers VII with a tiers X gun ...

Now that I unlocked the tiers Xs I'll probably switch to grind slower tanks like ST-I and unlock E75 and Obj 705 (but alas have to play some VIII for that).

CircleOfSorrow #19 Posted 21 July 2018 - 01:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28819 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 21 July 2018 - 10:09 AM, said:

I feel the exact opposite...I get performance anxiety playing my 60% statpadding tanks when I feel the game is on tilt :/ I am a bit backwards though...

Grimmx #20 Posted 21 July 2018 - 01:42 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12054 battles
  • [NTRS] NTRS

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 21 July 2018 - 12:12 PM, said:

Its the randomness of the 3-5-7 im refering to. Basically you should get toptier 3 times out of 15 right?

Well its not even Close. And then you add how much influence those 3 toptiers have for Your game.

If you are unlucky and get a couple of tomatoes in Your tier X Your basically screwed.

Tier 8 is a joke because of the all the premiums that need matching. 

I also explained i have a feeling that the matching has changed compared to before, with all the facerolls and the fact that certain tanks just keep loosing whatever i do ingame.

I know im not a unicum, but "git good" has nothing to do with it.

Why should i look at what im doing wrong when the only constant that has changed is the matchmaker?

Like i explained ive never before experienced dips in my winrate like this. Not unexplained over longer periods of time on certain tanks.

Why does it now more often feel like its pure Luck if im winning or not? It just feels like the matches where more even before, and thats subjective i know, but still its what i feel.

Seriosly, i blame the 3-5-7. Because thats what my gut tells me.

Its just not working as it should.

Edited by Grimmx, 21 July 2018 - 01:45 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users