Jump to content


Stahp hiding stats!

If you have it show it moms spaghetti

  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Derethim #1 Posted 21 July 2018 - 12:37 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17520 battles
  • 1,888
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

WoT being a 6 years old game I'd expect, that by now we should already see in-game what muzzle velocity a gun has, how much bloom on the move, how is a tank's terrain resistance, when compared to others et cetera, withou relying on third-party sites to find out.

 

Makes a lot of players dissapointed when they find out a shot from a tank, that looked good on paper, takes a century to reach it's target.

On the other hand, it hides one of the reasons some tanks are OP, like some Russian meds's ground resistance values, or jap heavies's howitzer shell speed, which is 850 on the Type 5, while it should imo be like 300 to counter how powerful it is.

 

It's just a simple request to have it all there in the gun stats when I open them in the garage :)



RamRaid90 #2 Posted 21 July 2018 - 12:44 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21517 battles
  • 6,489
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014
The sad truth is that while it's addition would be useful for maybe 10% of the players in the game, the other 90% either don't care, wouldn't have the first clue how to read them, or are too busy eating crayons.

Jigabachi #3 Posted 21 July 2018 - 01:02 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17935 battles
  • 19,095
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

Make that <5% and it sounds about right.

I for one never checked any tankstats, except the obvious ones - accuracy, penetration, damage - here and there.

 

edit: Forum ate my post again. Yay.


Edited by Jigabachi, 21 July 2018 - 01:20 PM.


FluffyRedFox #4 Posted 21 July 2018 - 01:19 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 22971 battles
  • 8,398
  • Member since:
    12-05-2012

An ingame armour viewer would also be nice.

Warships has it, and even the WoT supertest servers have them so why not on the live server?



LordMuffin #5 Posted 21 July 2018 - 03:08 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 48242 battles
  • 11,122
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011
In game armour viewer would be nice.
The rest I don't really bother with.

I care about.
Pen
Alpha
DPM
Camo
View range

And that is pretty much it.

Derethim #6 Posted 21 July 2018 - 03:29 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17520 battles
  • 1,888
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

So it's just me for whom shell speed matters?

For arty it matters especially ... and I was really annoyed with Valentine's 76mm shell speed. That was just ... ugh.

Not to mention Cromwell/Churchill VII's 3.7 slow-mo howitzer.



RamRaid90 #7 Posted 21 July 2018 - 03:37 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21517 battles
  • 6,489
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostDerethim, on 21 July 2018 - 02:29 PM, said:

So it's just me for whom shell speed matters?

For arty it matters especially ... and I was really annoyed with Valentine's 76mm shell speed. That was just ... ugh.

Not to mention Cromwell/Churchill VII's 3.7 slow-mo howitzer.

 

For me normally I can gauge the speed of a shell after the first few shots and assess the lead I need to give.

 

Knowing the speed isn't going to make you any more accurate since your brain cannot calculate relative distance/time when looking at the game distances. So really it's irrelevent.

 

Knowing how much lead to give is simply experience.


Edited by RamRaid90, 21 July 2018 - 03:38 PM.


WindSplitter1 #8 Posted 21 July 2018 - 03:48 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 16025 battles
  • 2,560
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View PostRamRaid90, on 21 July 2018 - 11:44 AM, said:

The sad truth is that while it's addition would be useful for maybe 10% of the players in the game, the other 90% either don't care, wouldn't have the first clue how to read them, or are too busy eating crayons.

 

Finding out the T-44-100 terrain RES was what got me buying it. A Tier VI engine on a Tier VIII chassis isn't gonna do me wonders when I put a lot of prime on mobility. And that thing accellerats like or better than a Light

 

Anyone looking at it from the stats WG gives would think it's a poor fit. It's not present everywhere.

 

Having the ability of seeing detailed stats by a checkbox or something would be nice.



Beoger #9 Posted 21 July 2018 - 04:24 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5807 battles
  • 29
  • [D_WR] D_WR
  • Member since:
    05-12-2018
I am also in favour of full disclosure.

When that new turret improves my reload time or when that HE shell is slow like a hot air ballon, I kinda wanna know.

Derethim #10 Posted 21 July 2018 - 05:27 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17520 battles
  • 1,888
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

View PostRamRaid90, on 21 July 2018 - 03:37 PM, said:

 

For me normally I can gauge the speed of a shell after the first few shots and assess the lead I need to give.

 

Knowing the speed isn't going to make you any more accurate since your brain cannot calculate relative distance/time when looking at the game distances. So really it's irrelevent.

 

Knowing how much lead to give is simply experience.

 

Well you can know approximately how much difference is the next gun going to make.

RamRaid90 #11 Posted 21 July 2018 - 05:31 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21517 battles
  • 6,489
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostBeoger, on 21 July 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

I am also in favour of full disclosure.

When that new turret improves my reload time or when that HE shell is slow like a hot air ballon, I kinda wanna know.

 

Rare but easy to see in the game, just use the config panel on the coparisons tab. Asfor the second one, most HE is relatively slow. Derpguns have the slowest of all shell speeds.



Xandania #12 Posted 21 July 2018 - 05:42 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 36483 battles
  • 1,064
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-
  • Member since:
    05-16-2013
True - shell velocity is after all one of the more vital stats for a gun - while you learn a bit by just playing the tank and adjusting to it, it wouldn't hurt one bit to add that little piece of information so you won't be surprised that you may need apcr to hit moving targets.

Baldrickk #13 Posted 21 July 2018 - 06:10 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 30142 battles
  • 14,303
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013
Thankfully we have tanks.gg




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users