Thank you Poland

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

CremeFraiche #1 Posted 22 July 2018 - 09:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24041 battles

Just want to thank the Polish people and their government for sending 40 fire trucks to Sweden in order to help us with crazy forest fires.

As my corrupt government most likely won't thank you, I and the Swedish people thank you instead.

Cheers!

MaxxyNL #2 Posted 22 July 2018 - 10:53 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11349 battles
Interesting 

CircleOfSorrow #3 Posted 22 July 2018 - 04:04 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29236 battles

View PostCremeFraiche, on 22 July 2018 - 08:54 AM, said:

Just want to thank the Polish people and their government for sending 40 fire trucks to Sweden in order to help us with crazy forest fires.

As my corrupt government most likely won't thank you, I and the Swedish people thank you instead.

Cheers!

What I don't understand is, when a government is supposedly so bad and the people know it, why are they not matching in the streets demanding change?  You can't even claim it is too cold for protesting ATM.

r00barb #4 Posted 22 July 2018 - 04:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27533 battles

View PostCircleOfSorrow, on 22 July 2018 - 03:04 PM, said:

What I don't understand is, when a government is supposedly so bad and the people know it, why are they not matching in the streets demanding change?  You can't even claim it is too cold for protesting ATM.

Because we're not French.

CremeFraiche #5 Posted 22 July 2018 - 04:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24041 battles

View PostCircleOfSorrow, on 22 July 2018 - 03:04 PM, said:

The Swedish people have over the decades been lulled into the belief to trust the government no matter what.

It's also different stigmas to take into consideration, if you do not hold the "accepted" belief that the MSM and the rulers hold to, then you can be excluded from unions, you will be shunned and shamed, even lose your job.

Hell, some newspapers even come knocking on private persons doors demanding to know why they wrote something on twitter.

I secretly hope that Putin will invade my country and restore some common sense ;)

Edited by CremeFraiche, 22 July 2018 - 04:22 PM.

Babbet_1 #6 Posted 22 July 2018 - 06:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13914 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCremeFraiche, on 22 July 2018 - 04:18 PM, said:

I secretly hope that Putin will invade my country and restore some common sense ;)

Oh my Lord, are things really that bad?  Be careful what you wish for though, he might put his new fan-boi Donald in to run it for him! :ohmy:

SuedKAT #7 Posted 22 July 2018 - 08:24 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I honked at them when they drove past Göteborg earlier today! Grateful that they arrived since our own government is busy throwing money at electric bikes rather than stuff we actually need....

kaneloon #8 Posted 22 July 2018 - 08:34 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 30946 battles
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0

View PostSuedKAT, on 22 July 2018 - 07:24 PM, said:

I honked at them when they drove past Göteborg earlier today! Grateful that they arrived since our own government is busy throwing money at electric bikes rather than stuff we actually need....

Sweden from the outside looks a bit like a place full of happy vegan beatnik biking between trees and water with flowers in their hairs and babies in the back.

CremeFraiche #9 Posted 22 July 2018 - 08:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24041 battles

View Postkaneloon, on 22 July 2018 - 07:34 PM, said:

Sweden from the outside looks a bit like a place full of happy vegan beatnik biking between trees and water with flowers in their hairs and babies in the back.

It's an illusion, it was good in the 50's and 60's and that's the picture that has been promoted ever since, nothing is static.

People need to snap out of it, Sweden is literally burning and it's citizens pull down the curtains to watch Lets dance and some "Lets bake a cake program"

Do not disturb.

SuedKAT #10 Posted 22 July 2018 - 09:31 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postkaneloon, on 22 July 2018 - 08:34 PM, said:

Sweden is a land that's been enjoying it's prosperity for a bit to long, all while really don't having to put much effort into anything to keep it that way, so when something goes wrong, when stuff needs to be fixed our so called politicians have no idea what they are doing or how they should solve the issue, it's after all a lot easier to ignore and move on to the next "storm" so to speak. So currently we have a very divided society, heck recent studies have shown that it's a larger gap between different social classes in Sweden than it's in India. You can drive around here a couple of hours and visit what can be perceived as many different countries, not due to the people living there but how they live. Just 20 mins away from me I got a place that looks like a run down place in Russia, concrete bunkers with windows pretty much, but I also got villas in the 2 million euro class just as close. Our largest problem is just as CremeFraiche said above, it's easier to pull down the curtain, ignore and hope stuff fixes it self than to actually do something, not to mention the poor souls that actually try to do anything, they get perceived as racists, anti-feminists or some random crazy stuff regardless of what they are doing.

Heck got a mate that runs a carpentry company, since he came here during the war in former Yugoslavia he wanted to do something for migrants coming now, so he started a program, he took in 10 boys as carpentry trainees all while also teaching them about Sweden, great stuff, all 10 now work as full time employees and contribute to our society. His little project was in the local paper 2 times, why you might ask, he was doing something great, right? Nah according to our crazy feminists (which actually ain't feminists, they don't even know the meaning of the word) he was exploiting them, he was also a racist and of course he was also trashed for not taking in any girls. Note, he paid them a salary during their trainee period, he had zero governmental support and there was no girls wanting to join, so yeah, he was trashed when he was doing something great.

Balc0ra #11 Posted 23 July 2018 - 02:18 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 72718 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostCircleOfSorrow, on 22 July 2018 - 04:04 PM, said:

Well, the issue here is the same as in Norway. Not that the government is so bad. But that the current firefighter support system is lacking the experience, or gear to fight a fire on that scale to cover even a small  % of the affected area. Top that off with the fact that if the Swedes don't get help. The fire will cross the border over to Norway. And then we have a 2nd large fire to deal with.  As Sweden is currently fighting a forest fire on a scale not seen in decades in this area. Norway is currently dealing with the 2nd large forest fire in 4 weeks. And we got help from the French on the west side to deal with that one. As they did send planes to support the helicopters we already had. 

View PostSuedKAT, on 22 July 2018 - 08:24 PM, said:

Well, at least your government is doing something. Ours is spending money on outdated tech... to replace outdated tech. As we are currently the only nation in the world... to shut down the FM towers for DAB. And the best part about it. DAB sales are still... next to nothing. As hardly anyone wanted to waste money on it for their car etc. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 23 July 2018 - 02:24 AM.

gunslingerXXX #12 Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:40 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 12744 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostSuedKAT, on 22 July 2018 - 09:31 PM, said:

Sweden is a land that's been enjoying it's prosperity for a bit to long, all while really don't having to put much effort into anything to keep it that way, so when something goes wrong, when stuff needs to be fixed our so called politicians have no idea what they are doing or how they should solve the issue, it's after all a lot easier to ignore and move on to the next "storm" so to speak. So currently we have a very divided society, heck recent studies have shown that it's a larger gap between different social classes in Sweden than it's in India. You can drive around here a couple of hours and visit what can be perceived as many different countries, not due to the people living there but how they live. Just 20 mins away from me I got a place that looks like a run down place in Russia, concrete bunkers with windows pretty much, but I also got villas in the 2 million euro class just as close. Our largest problem is just as CremeFraiche said above, it's easier to pull down the curtain, ignore and hope stuff fixes it self than to actually do something, not to mention the poor souls that actually try to do anything, they get perceived as racists, anti-feminists or some random crazy stuff regardless of what they are doing.

Heck got a mate that runs a carpentry company, since he came here during the war in former Yugoslavia he wanted to do something for migrants coming now, so he started a program, he took in 10 boys as carpentry trainees all while also teaching them about Sweden, great stuff, all 10 now work as full time employees and contribute to our society. His little project was in the local paper 2 times, why you might ask, he was doing something great, right? Nah according to our crazy feminists (which actually ain't feminists, they don't even know the meaning of the word) he was exploiting them, he was also a racist and of course he was also trashed for not taking in any girls. Note, he paid them a salary during their trainee period, he had zero governmental support and there was no girls wanting to join, so yeah, he was trashed when he was doing something great.

Thats a sad story :(

Starts to look like a trend world wide that its actually better to do nothing and only critisize those that act. 

Last week I heard a story about how its unfair that some people own houses with a roof oriented south. They can install solarpanels and profit from it, while people who don't have the right roofs cannot... so its unfair and must be compensated :amazed:

CircleOfSorrow #13 Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:44 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29236 battles

View PostSuedKAT, on 22 July 2018 - 08:31 PM, said:

Feminists smell bad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users