is wargaming going to be the next EA ?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Zinomov #1 Posted 22 July 2018 - 02:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20282 battles
  • [DIGIN] DIGIN

wargaming is without a doubt turning into a pay to win company just like EA, and most likely becoming worse than EA; not caring about what the community says
now we all know WG has been a p2w for a long time, but now they are not afraid of showing it, in fact they destroyed the balance of all the tanks in the game to force us the customers to pay more

they took away the historicity out of the vehicles in the game by giving fake armor numbers and fake gun depression angels to make them more and more OP
to give you an example, the mid plate on the 268v4 is 300 mm in game, but in reality is was 180 mm
or the T-54 turret is now 240 mm in game, but in reality is 200 mm

and no matter how much we speak, the developers just say "yeah" but does nothing at the end of the day, and keep spamming the battles with OP premium and regular vehicles to force the people to shoot premium round after premium round
they truly are anti-consumer and do not care for us in the very least

this video will explain a bit what's happening with EA and the similarities with wargaming treatement of its customers

https://www.youtube....=Uv894n2TQ_E&t=

Edited by Zinomov, 22 July 2018 - 03:05 PM.

WindSplitter1 #2 Posted 22 July 2018 - 03:08 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 15455 battles
  • [KROLL] KROLL

View PostZinomov, on 22 July 2018 - 01:49 PM, said:

wargaming is without a doubt turning into a pay to win company just like EA, and most likely becoming worse than EA; not caring about what the community says
now we all know WG has been a p2w for a long time, but now they are not afraid of showing it, in fact they destroyed the balance of all the tanks in the game to force us the customers to pay more

they took away the historicity out of the vehicles in the game by giving fake armor numbers and fake gun depression angels to make them more and more OP
to give you an example, the mid plate on the 268v4 is 300 mm in game, but in reality is was 180 mm

and no matter how much we speak, the developers just say "yeah" but does nothing at the end of the day, and keep spamming the battles with OP premium and regular vehicles to force the people to shoot premium round after premium round

this video will explain a bit what's happening with EA and the similarities with wargaming treatement of its customers

Very funny.

I would question WG's apathy, though.

You don't get to have loads of complaints and do nothing about it, even when the money's flowing in over and over.

ValkyrionX #3 Posted 22 July 2018 - 03:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42440 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

Zinomov #4 Posted 22 July 2018 - 03:19 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20282 battles
  • [DIGIN] DIGIN
if you can't figure out the reality of things than this is bad

everyone in this forum knows how twisted the game have become, since 2015 things started to get awful and if you're an old player than im sure u've noticed, and if not than bro i suggest you take a look at the previous updates

Edited by Zinomov, 22 July 2018 - 03:20 PM.

Dorander #5 Posted 22 July 2018 - 03:21 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17854 battles

No, Wargaming is not the next EA, the heir to that throne is Ubisoft and has been for years.

That said, I never get posts like these. The in-game stats of vehicles have always been fudged for the sake of balance/gameplay, even if the players don't agree that goal was achieved. Every online game has powercreep, because that's the only way to eventually keep people playing who have everything and need a new reason to grind down lines. Barring one egregious exception, new premiums aren't significantly better than old premiums and definitely not overpowered. Premium ammunition can be bought with in-game credits so it's not such a straight notion that it's "pay to win" to begin with. Additionally the game is filled with players who do just fine without spamming premium ammo.

Zinomov #6 Posted 22 July 2018 - 03:26 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20282 battles
  • [DIGIN] DIGIN
nope, few years ago the game were better than it is now, in almost every aspect

powercreep ? nah, the tanks had historically accurate armours, now tanks with 10° of gun depression are getting even more powerful turrets making playing certain tanks and maps almost impossible
and premium tanks are still OP to my eyes such as the recent 5/1 and i'm not the only one who's saying that

having a conqueror with 10° of depression while it has 7 + adding a spaced armour around the turret is an absolute joke
or a centurion with 254 mm of turret armour while it must have 152

Edited by Zinomov, 22 July 2018 - 03:29 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #7 Posted 22 July 2018 - 03:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27512 battles

View PostZinomov, on 22 July 2018 - 02:49 PM, said:

So what was it you got pwned by today then?

Zinomov #8 Posted 22 July 2018 - 03:30 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20282 battles
  • [DIGIN] DIGIN
dude we must adress the situation
i'm pissed about that since 2015 but now i feel we must end this before it gets even worse
companies like WG have a politic that says that everything is fine unless we (the community) talk about it
and even in that case they might do nothing

Balc0ra #9 Posted 22 July 2018 - 03:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64344 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Since when did they claim this was a historically accurate game? Balance comes before accuracy, as has been their claim since I started playing. And the T-54 turret was something players complained about, as it lacks pen.. for a tier 9 med that is etc. And they wanted something to compensate for it. 

Then again as we did see with AW. Doing everything the players want is not ideal either. As they did everything without considering or checking the effects for it. They just did it because the players wanted it. And in the end, the game was a mess. But even so. WG still lacks communication skills to tell players about changes they are testing or are planning. Like MM changes etc. Or if there even is a plan for it at all. 

View PostDorander, on 22 July 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

No, Wargaming is not the next EA, the heir to that throne is Ubisoft and has been for years.

Ubisoft is slowly going down from the bad spot with recent changes in my book. At least Ubi did not pull the SWBF II stunt on anything they have had etc. And EA's f2p games is 100X worse then anything out there, vs what even Ubisoft have managed to do. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 22 July 2018 - 03:32 PM.

Zinomov #10 Posted 22 July 2018 - 03:32 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20282 battles
  • [DIGIN] DIGIN
T-54 was weak with the 201 mm of pen yeh but they could have buffed it to something like 227 of anything but instead giving more armour ? why ? oh yeah, to force us into using those juicy HEAT/APCR ammo

are you guys happy with this ? i really want a honest answer, are you ppl okay with the game in general ? do you sincerly think that everything is fine ? cuz if you take a closer look, most of the old players have left the game, my friend list is almost empty, and now most of the new players are call of duty kids and are known to be the most toxic outhere

Edited by Zinomov, 22 July 2018 - 03:34 PM.

Dorander #11 Posted 22 July 2018 - 03:33 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17854 battles

View PostZinomov, on 22 July 2018 - 02:26 PM, said:

nope, few years ago the game were better than it is now, in almost every aspect

powercreep ? nah, the tanks had historically accurate armours, now tanks with 10° of gun depression are getting even more powerful turrets making playing certain tanks and maps almost impossible
and premium tanks are still OP to my eyes such as the recent 5/1 and i'm not the only one who's saying that

I highly suspect you're employing some rose-tinted goggles while looking back, which is fine, it's pretty normal. It takes time before the issues of a game become apparent and some more time before the subsequent irritation starts to dominate your experience.

How exactly are you claiming there's no such thing as powercreep, then describe the existence of newer tanks with impenetrable turrets that are more powerful than their predecessors? It's also worth noting that the worst offenders of that type of tank, the Russian med line(s), aren't premium tanks.

The 5/1 may be OP, I don't know, I didn't check. Perhaps you'd like to prove it by posting a graph about how it performs to prove your claim. There are some OP premiums. There are also some completely underwhelming premiums. Not all of the OP premiums are new. Not all of the underwhelming premiums are old. Not all of the new OP tanks are premiums (VK1001 comes to mind, which significantly overperforms last time I checked the graph).

Impenetrable turrets with ridgefighing abilities have been a problem since the existence of the American heavy line and the T34 premium tank. However that's typically all they can do, an impenetrable turret does not make an impenetrable tank. The Super Conqueror doesn't overperform significantly last I looked either. The Kranvagn... well let's just forget I mentioned that. They excel in some areas, but aren't so useful in others, so in the end it just feels they're OP when you fight one on their terms but these tank types don't end up giving people faceroll victories.

Zinomov #12 Posted 22 July 2018 - 03:37 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20282 battles
  • [DIGIN] DIGIN
it seems like many people here are fine with the game balance ? okay enjoy beign milked by WG, but in due time you'll see how things will get worse

but i'll keep my claims

and by the way, please don't be a stat fag, stats are worhtless in this game since clan war guys with high skills are the first to pick the tanks up, and it would take months before the average wot player reach the tank in question

Edited by Zinomov, 22 July 2018 - 03:39 PM.

Dorander #13 Posted 22 July 2018 - 03:41 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17854 battles

View PostZinomov, on 22 July 2018 - 02:37 PM, said:

it seems like many people here are fine with the game balance ? okay enjoy beign milked by WG, but in due time you'll see how things will get worse

How do you even leap to that conclusion? Many people have all kinds of criticisms about the game, that doesn't mean every criticism you have of WoT or WG is automatically valid and everyone has to agree with you. This is not us vs them, it's individual players making their own decisions, including whether and how often they play the game and whether and how much money they spend on it, if any.

Zinomov #14 Posted 22 July 2018 - 03:42 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20282 battles
  • [DIGIN] DIGIN

still mate, the game has some heavy balance issues and if we the community don't get together nothing will ever change

unhappy_bunny #15 Posted 22 July 2018 - 04:11 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17926 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

"We all know...."

"Everyone agrees..."

"WG force us to...."

I dont.

I dont.

They dont force me.

If players feel the need to fire premium ammo, then it is their decision to do so. I dont play high tiers, because I dont have fun in them.

For me the game is about being able to enjoy myself, about doing my best to win, about earning my way to good crews, upgraded modules, and the next tank in the line. I'm not interested being the best player, having the best stats or anything like that. I am interested in being the best that I can be, and if that means I'm around average, that that is fine by me. 

I still enjoy this game. I still have fun, either solo, or platooning with clan members. I dont spend a lot on the game, I have bought a few premiums, the odd bit of premium time. I dont shoot premium ammo very often. 

I dont see WG as any more greedy than any other game maker. 

I agree the game is not perfect, and I agree there are some issues that need to be sorted, but they are not game-breaking issues in my opinion. 

I just wonder who has the right perspective of the game. Me or those who constantly complain and whinge about everything. If I'm still happy playing it, then I will stick with my perception. 

Fighto #16 Posted 22 July 2018 - 04:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34492 battles
  • [TAC] TAC
Comparing WG to EA is like comparing a sunday league beer belly team to Real Madrid.

AvengerOrion #17 Posted 22 July 2018 - 04:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25351 battles

View PostZinomov, on 22 July 2018 - 03:42 PM, said:

still mate, the game has some heavy balance issues and if we the community don't get together nothing will ever change

The likes of you are on their own a reason for division within the community.

When people like you read "I don't think WG is worse than EA" and your deranged mind turns that into "Wargaming is the besterest company evah!!!!1!!!one!! and can't do anything wrong".

Bordhaw #18 Posted 22 July 2018 - 04:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10827 battles

View PostZinomov, on 22 July 2018 - 01:49 PM, said:

malachi6 #19 Posted 22 July 2018 - 04:41 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 49222 battles

Is the HP of the vehicles historically accurate?  What about the time to fix a broken track?  Seems to me you like to pick and choose what is accurate and what is not.  Especially if cherry picking a point proves your point.

Is a company that is making games to make money focusing upon making money?  I hope you know what a rhetorical question is.

WindSplitter1 #20 Posted 22 July 2018 - 05:47 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 15455 battles
  • [KROLL] KROLL

View PostBordhaw, on 22 July 2018 - 03:32 PM, said:

I think I'm gonna start replying with a picture from now on, just like you. Care to put a picture as a reply?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users