What can be done about players like this?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

Maaaaaad #1 Posted 23 July 2018 - 12:42 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 57735 battles
  • [A3] A3

When a platoon of three on your team decides to destroy you for no reason instead of playing the game. What can be done about players like this?

They pushed me up a rock so that I even managed to damage them by default and thus I have lost credits not only for my tank but as compensation for their deeds as well.

What are WG going to do about these players?

Edited.

Edited by Asklepi0s, 23 July 2018 - 10:23 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to naming and shaming

Flid_Merchant #2 Posted 23 July 2018 - 12:50 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9605 battles
You can probably guess what WG is going to do about those players.

Maaaaaad #3 Posted 23 July 2018 - 12:54 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 57735 battles
  • [A3] A3

View PostFlid_Merchant, on 22 July 2018 - 11:50 PM, said:

You can probably guess what WG is going to do about those players.

Well for one I want compensation in credits for those I lost through their stupidity. The players in question should receive a ban. Players like that ruin the game. I'm grinding the Italian line and at the tier 8 and playing against tier 10 most games is bad enough without clowns like this making things worse.

Flid_Merchant #4 Posted 23 July 2018 - 12:56 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9605 battles
Yes they should but I think we all know that isn't going to happen.

Milking_the_forum #5 Posted 23 July 2018 - 01:13 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 308 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

Oh no, it seems you got a noob team. I get noob team often as well.

But, be affraid not, there is an automatic system in place to deal with toxic players. If you look in the battle results you will see some very toxic players with damage caused to friendly players, like the artillery. If they are toxic like that enough then they will get abnned and wot more fun )))))

Balc0ra #6 Posted 23 July 2018 - 02:03 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64316 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

What can you do? Nothing sadly. Even if WG does something to that platoon, even banning them. There will be a new platoon ready to take its place. Troll platoons like that will always be around. Even if they only did it that one time, or often. You won't get rid of them. It's an online game after all. 

The issue with stuff like this is that the automatic team damage system doesn't punish them as a platoon. Just individually. And if they all did less then 3 shots each. Nothing will happen. Unless they do it again ofc the next game. But for that game alone? Nothing. And that's the biggest flaw in the team damage system atm. IMO a platoon should count as one player for stuff like this. And if that platoon does 3 shots, one from each member of the platoon. They should all turn blue. If it's only two of them that did damage, then those two turn blue. One more and they are all out. If it's on the same target ofc. 

LordMuffin #7 Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:39 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48074 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostMaaaaaad, on 23 July 2018 - 12:54 AM, said:

Well for one I want compensation in credits for those I lost through their stupidity. The players in question should receive a ban. Players like that ruin the game. I'm grinding the Italian line and at the tier 8 and playing against tier 10 most games is bad enough without clowns like this making things worse.

R

You can do open a ticket to WG support wanting them to check out the replay from the game at the time you say.

But you will only get an automated response from WG and then they won't do anything.

But if you reopen the ticket like 3-5 times, you might finally get to a person on CS who cares and might take action. Though most probably not.

Maaaaaad #8 Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:07 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 57735 battles
  • [A3] A3

View PostBalc0ra, on 23 July 2018 - 01:03 AM, said:

What can you do? Nothing sadly. Even if WG does something to that platoon, even banning them. There will be a new platoon ready to take its place. Troll platoons like that will always be around. Even if they only did it that one time, or often. You won't get rid of them. It's an online game after all. 

The issue with stuff like this is that the automatic team damage system doesn't punish them as a platoon. Just individually. And if they all did less then 3 shots each. Nothing will happen. Unless they do it again ofc the next game. But for that game alone? Nothing. And that's the biggest flaw in the team damage system atm. IMO a platoon should count as one player for stuff like this. And if that platoon does 3 shots, one from each member of the platoon. They should all turn blue. If it's only two of them that did damage, then those two turn blue. One more and they are all out. If it's on the same target ofc. 

They didn't shoot me though and I did not shoot them. They used their kv5 and type 59 to simply push me vertical and almost over and then into enemy fire. During this I was pushed on top of the type 59 and so did damage to him. The result was that I was charged 6k credits for causing damage to them and received only 8k damage in compensation. It's that fact that rankles me. 

They were playing the system and they seem to have gotten away with it. I got charged extra credits as well as having to repair my tank with 0 damage done and we lost the game.

vixu #9 Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:02 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 41883 battles
send the support ticket and continue

wsatnutter #10 Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:08 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 24380 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
never shoot back

loot_the_supermarket #11 Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:32 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3890 battles
nice of one of the platoon to join in on this thread, I bet it made his day seeing his 'work' highlighted in the forums.

Ubervold #12 Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:03 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20861 battles

View Postloot_the_supermarket, on 23 July 2018 - 08:32 AM, said:

nice of one of the platoon to join in on this thread, I bet it made his day seeing his 'work' highlighted in the forums.

​Yes, must be a special kind of cookie that actually spends his time doing stuff like this, ruin one match for one person of thousands. Its not going to make any difference what so ever. Two or three wasting their time trying ruin the experience for someone else, sounds like a really bad deal to me, I wonder who the real loosers are.

Just report, ignore and move on, who cares...

UrQuan #13 Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:15 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19394 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMaaaaaad, on 23 July 2018 - 12:42 AM, said:

When a platoon of three on your team decides to destroy you for no reason instead of playing the game. What can be done about players like this?

They pushed me up a rock so that I even managed to damage them by default and thus I have lost credits not only for my tank but as compensation for their deeds as well.

What are WG going to do about these players?

http://wotreplays.eu...ad-p_44_pantera

Decided to check replay, because from the team-results, I noticed plenty of teamdamage (the O-Ho, the artillery & the KV-5 all do teamdamage)

And tbh, you do have a case; my best advice is to sent the replay to customer support, remain polite & provide time-tags (from time X to time Y they blocked you/boxed you in) to help customers support to deal with it. Chances are you'll get an automated response first saying 'the automated system deals with teamdamage'. Do reopen the ticket & highlight that the main issue is not the teamdamage, but the fact a platoon blocked/boxed you in & the automated system does not deal with this. Main advice: remain polite, it helps customer support to deal with it.

No idea why the platoon reacted so violently to you honestly. The O-Ho is being more toxic at that point.

Edited by UrQuan, 23 July 2018 - 09:17 AM.

Maaaaaad #14 Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:33 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 57735 battles
  • [A3] A3

View Postloot_the_supermarket, on 23 July 2018 - 07:32 AM, said:

What motivates these clowns? Ruins the game for everyone, costs me credits and then comes here in this thread and thinks it all a hoot. 

loot_the_supermarket #15 Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:44 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3890 battles

View PostMaaaaaad, on 23 July 2018 - 09:33 AM, said:

What motivates these clowns? Ruins the game for everyone, costs me credits and then comes here in this thread and thinks it all a hoot. 

Looks to be a clan of alt accounts from these very forums, I'm sure they'll be along to enlighten us.

Jigabachi #16 Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:45 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
You play this game long enough to know our pathetic options: Report them for UC or/and start a ticket where you try to make the support peons understand that their behaviour is NOT covered by any automated system.

Solstad1069 #17 Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:49 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40027 battles

View Postloot_the_supermarket, on 23 July 2018 - 08:32 AM, said:

Ye, this replay kind of show the status of the game, idiots in painted clown tanks that forgot to take their medication and decided to ruin the game for everyone else.

GG guys. Keep up the "good" work.

BravelyRanAway #18 Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:55 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22343 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postloot_the_supermarket, on 23 July 2018 - 08:44 AM, said:

Looks to be a clan of alt accounts from these very forums, I'm sure they'll be along to enlighten us.

Looks like main accounts too....disgusting behavior. Hopefully a nice long ban will sort them out.

Edited by BravelyRanAway, 23 July 2018 - 10:00 AM.

RenamedUser_507061076 #19 Posted 23 July 2018 - 10:03 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3935 battles
They play 4 fun, what right do you have to tell them how they should play? Its obvious they are new players learning the game and they all support WG server costs by buying premium tanks. Not everyone grasps the game quickly and they have as much of a right to play as everyone else.

Gremlin182 #20 Posted 23 July 2018 - 10:04 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46613 battles

You send in a support ticket with a replay and tell them at what point in the replay this happened.

Some time in the following week you will get a reply.

They will not tell you what action has been taken.

In any case by this time you should have moved on and you will probably never meet them again anyway.

What should happen to them well a ban obviously but that only happens if they keep doing what they did to you.

Its an automated system as it has to be and as its automated it errs on the side of caution and only bans repeat offenders.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users