Jump to content


Why not a hook?


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Why not a hook? (21 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Wouldn't it be lovely?

  1. Yes (14 votes [66.67%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 66.67%

  2. No (7 votes [33.33%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Hide poll

iRONiVAN_theBattleBorn #1 Posted 23 July 2018 - 01:15 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 1863 battles
  • 72
  • Member since:
    12-11-2017
There's plenty of places where people get stuck, would be cool to have options. \o/

Xandania #2 Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:06 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 36347 battles
  • 1,063
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-
  • Member since:
    05-16-2013

Question is - could it get abused?

I somehow see hollowheads dragging their tds and lights around...



Jigabachi #3 Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:55 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17923 battles
  • 19,041
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
Would require a confirmation from the hooked tank of course.
But don't expect anything new in this game, because that would require work and effort, rather than just milking.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #4 Posted 23 July 2018 - 10:26 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29181 battles
  • 2,267
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostJigabachi, on 23 July 2018 - 09:55 AM, said:

Would require a confirmation from the hooked tank of course.
But don't expect anything new in this game, because that would require work and effort, rather than just milking.

 

Yeah really sucks having to put up with this 7 year old graphics engine. WG should really add something new to the game..

Xandania #5 Posted 23 July 2018 - 10:43 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 36347 battles
  • 1,063
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-
  • Member since:
    05-16-2013

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 23 July 2018 - 09:26 AM, said:

 

Yeah really sucks having to put up with this 7 year old graphics engine. WG should really add something new to the game..

 

That is the one thing they actually replaced xD

wEight_Tanker #6 Posted 23 July 2018 - 11:18 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7538 battles
  • 459
  • [VI90M] VI90M
  • Member since:
    11-13-2016
No. Could be abused a lot. I mean, they still haven't made a smarter team-kill ban system.

Jigabachi #7 Posted 23 July 2018 - 11:45 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17923 battles
  • 19,041
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 23 July 2018 - 10:26 AM, said:

Yeah really sucks having to put up with this 7 year old graphics engine. WG should really add something new to the game..

I'm talking about things that are relevant for gameplay, not about adding fancy clutter when the game has more problems than I have fingers to count. The only things they managed to come up with was the physics update, which, at the start, was very good, and the last gamemode, which used some refreshingly new gamemechanics.



Cobra6 #8 Posted 23 July 2018 - 12:08 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • 15,770
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

It would be better to fix the "wet soapstone physics" we have now that prevent your tank from climbing up even the most basic gradients if the surface you are on is stone.

Since the "improvements" were implemented to discourage mountain-goading by making all the rocky surfaces super slippery, it's fairly trivial to either get stuck, have you tank spaz out or simply slide off terrain.

 

Cobra 6



arthurwellsley #9 Posted 23 July 2018 - 12:12 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 51761 battles
  • 3,022
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

The Hook and also something for the crew to say, translated into the appropriate language for the client;



PervyPastryPuffer #10 Posted 23 July 2018 - 12:14 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 31021 battles
  • 1,865
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View Postarthurwellsley, on 23 July 2018 - 12:12 PM, said:

The Hook and also something for the crew to say, translated into the appropriate language for the client;

 

Not THAT kinda hook!! :facepalm:

 

...we were thinking the same thing though. :trollface:



Thrael7 #11 Posted 23 July 2018 - 12:52 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23201 battles
  • 1,998
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    11-17-2012
Hooks in you, hooks in me
Hooks in the ceiling
For that well hung feeling
No big deal, no big sin
Strung up on love
I got the hooks screwed in


arthurwellsley #12 Posted 23 July 2018 - 01:08 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 51761 battles
  • 3,022
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View PostThrael7, on 23 July 2018 - 11:52 AM, said:

Hooks in you, hooks in me
Hooks in the ceiling
For that well hung feeling
No big deal, no big sin
Strung up on love
I got the hooks screwed in

 

I have a very different view of hooks from you.

Source = https://andy-kirkpat...w/the_fifi_hook

"LIMITATIONS

Although I’ve taken factor 2 falls onto my fifi and it’s stayed in one piece, I’ve seen plenty that look like bananas! The main danger is that you forget to secure yourself adequately, and instead end up hanging from your fifi. In 2000 I made a stormy ascent of Zenyatta Mandatta April, and one morning I climbed out off the portal edge to sort out the rack, which I did while hanging from my fifi 400 metres off the deck. It was only when I climbed back to the ledge, yarding on assorted slings and aiders, that I realised that I wasn’t tied in, and had in fact been trusting my life to a cheap bit of alloy."


Edited by arthurwellsley, 23 July 2018 - 01:09 PM.


Tidal_Force #13 Posted 23 July 2018 - 04:57 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 16192 battles
  • 6,839
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    08-29-2012

View Postarthurwellsley, on 23 July 2018 - 12:08 PM, said:

 

I have a very different view of hooks from you.

Source = https://andy-kirkpat...w/the_fifi_hook

"LIMITATIONS

Although I’ve taken factor 2 falls onto my fifi and it’s stayed in one piece, I’ve seen plenty that look like bananas! The main danger is that you forget to secure yourself adequately, and instead end up hanging from your fifi. In 2000 I made a stormy ascent of Zenyatta Mandatta April, and one morning I climbed out off the portal edge to sort out the rack, which I did while hanging from my fifi 400 metres off the deck. It was only when I climbed back to the ledge, yarding on assorted slings and aiders, that I realised that I wasn’t tied in, and had in fact been trusting my life to a cheap bit of alloy."

 

After reading more about those fifi hooks, I'm genuinely scared.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users