Erase Glacier, buff Province, restore Erlenberg. Please

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

RubberChild #1 Posted 23 July 2018 - 01:46 AM

Private

• Player
  • 52841 battles
  • [252OB] 252OB

And not only *edited*, Fishermans Bay is waaay better now, great job.

But Erlenberg...just bring it back and let's pretend this never happened.

Thank you.

Of course, you can erase Paris and Ensk anytime. But bring Erlenberg back!

Edited by NickMustaine, 23 July 2018 - 12:24 PM.
Inappropriate remarks

Balc0ra #2 Posted 23 July 2018 - 01:51 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67337 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
No thx. I prefer the new one. Not that it's better or anything. It's just one is fast-paced. The other is two teams camping at each side of the lake for 10 min until one guy gets bored and yoloes over the bridge. Then the domino effect starts. At on the new map you don't have to wait 10 min in your tier X to get 500 damage done. 

_Anarchistic_ #3 Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40969 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 23 July 2018 - 01:51 AM, said:

No thx. I prefer the new one. Not that it's better or anything. It's just one is fast-paced. The other is two teams camping at each side of the lake for 10 min until one guy gets bored and yoloes over the bridge. Then the domino effect starts. At on the new map you don't have to wait 10 min in your tier X to get 500 damage done. 

disagree entirely

old erlenberg was a beast map and I had loads of great games on it, bad players don't make a map bad, new erlenberg is a bad joke and just worse in every way

look at wotreplays, old map had awesome games and loads of great replays on youtube/twitch, have not seen a single map replay on youtube with new map

fishermans bay is ok, don't think it needed such a monster change, just a tweak on 1/2 lines to stop north yolo win

province needs to be old map and old MM, new map is just bad, or it needs to be massively bigger

glacier ok, just don't like the dumbass legal boost, far to powerful and stupid, another example of childish thinking by WG

Edited by _Anarchistic_, 23 July 2018 - 07:06 AM.

Alice_Shimada_Chan #4 Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:58 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 29539 battles

Call me crazy but I liked old Campenberg more. It was sometimes like WW1 trench warfare, but I knew what to expect on that map. In current Erlenberg you have two open fields on both sides with some stupid forest at the end, where campers are well prepared to punish anyone who would be so daring trying to cross, spot, rush that forest ... City in middle has some holes to which campers from various TD spots can also see, and shoot you.

Glacier has the same problem with huge open field with nothing. You can win "heavy flank", but then you must cross massive open field during which all the campers can just erase you. Not a best map in game.

Province would be great place for vacation and relaxation, but its awful map. I don't understand how could WG come to decision that province is good and playable on high tiers.

Paris is playable with heavies and armored mediums :D otherwise its another joke of a map.

Edited by Erwin_Chan, 23 July 2018 - 07:00 AM.

Simeon85 #5 Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:32 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 1097 battles

Galcier is fine, quite like that map, first 'new' map in a while that is not a corridor fest and takes some brain to play.

Neither old or new Erlenberg were good, both were flawed just in their own ways. 

If you put the middle of new Erlenberg, into old Erlenberg, so had the old maps sides, you might have a better map I reckon. 

Solstad1069 #6 Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:49 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 41019 battles
The old Erlenberg was a 15 min camp, everybody stayed on their side of the river and waited, and waited...

Dava_117 #7 Posted 23 July 2018 - 09:44 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20214 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I like the new Erlenberg far more than the old one. The city in middle grant crossfire for both the sides, being an important yet balanced position. Winning the city help to win the sides, but at the same time winning a side help to win city as well.

Glacier is another good map IMO. Again winning sides help to win middle and viceversa. In example, once won the HT corner, the best choice is not to directly push base, but to flank middle, enabling ypur fast tanks to help the push to base.

Province problem is that it's a campfest. I managed to have some good game in it, but battles tend to last far longer, at least 10-12 minutes. I also found that the west side is better to actively push. If I spawn east, I will cross to push, while if I spawn west I will defend. So yeh, it surely need some tweeks.

duijm #8 Posted 23 July 2018 - 10:48 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 44752 battles
  • [RANGX] RANGX

I want all removed maps back! 

More maps is more fun.

And on new and reworked maps more corridors/flanking options please.  Why no on province option to go along the water or through the hill on the other side?

Edited by duijm, 23 July 2018 - 10:51 AM.

Enforcer1975 #9 Posted 23 July 2018 - 10:49 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20952 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostSolstad1069, on 23 July 2018 - 08:49 AM, said:

The old Erlenberg was a 15 min camp, everybody stayed on their side of the river and waited, and waited...

Old Erlenberg was less campy than the new one.

On the new one everybody camps the line of bushes in the north and bushes to the south on both flanks and neither of the open fields is used. Back then you at least had some chance to move "under the enemy" on the 1-2 line and the hill in the east where the houses were was also more usable. Iirc they added some houses to the west so you can't snipe the island from the south anymore nor those who move left of the castle and a house was added to the open field in the north east so you had something to hide behind until your team was dead and you were the last one. On the new one almost everybody goes middle regardless what tank they drive brawling in the narrow street waiting for their turn.....

Edited by Enforcer1975, 23 July 2018 - 10:51 AM.

Derethim #10 Posted 23 July 2018 - 10:51 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17761 battles
Glacier is actually well done. It's interesting and I like it, plus it looks good!

Suurpolskija #11 Posted 23 July 2018 - 11:43 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18692 battles
  • [URHO] URHO

New Erlenberg is better. 

Glacier is horrible. 

Province is a nice map. For tier 3. 

Bring back Windstorm, Swamp and Highway. :( 

Remove Mines. 

wEight_Tanker #12 Posted 23 July 2018 - 12:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8049 battles
  • [VI90M] VI90M

Correction...

Erase Erlenberg, Buff Glacier, Restore Province

Warzey #13 Posted 23 July 2018 - 01:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 57348 battles
  • [GOOFY] GOOFY

View PostSuurpolskija, on 23 July 2018 - 10:43 AM, said:

New Erlenberg is better. 

Glacier is horrible. 

Remove Mines. 

I don't understand why do you see Glacier as a horrible map. All classes can utilize the map, most of the map is playable, there are things other than corridors. 

While I'm not a big fan of Provice, I can't really say that I despise the map. It's really a shame that whole middle part of the map is a kill zone. 

Bring back Swamp and Highway, are you crazy? Those two maps have a really bad design. Highway is basically same as Provice but worse, middle of the map is a death trap and flanks are not symmetrical as in both teams don't get equal opportunities. Swamp on the other hand is in my opinion the most asymmetrical map in the game. If you spawn north heavy can't go on a "heavy flank" because they'll die on the way there, but they can easily take the middle part of the map, if you spawn south your mediums can't go on a "medium flank" because they'll die on the way and they can't contest the middle part of the map because they'll die.   

OneSock #14 Posted 23 July 2018 - 02:09 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35791 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

I reckon the MM knows that I hate Erlenberg as it makes me play assault mode many times per day.

Bring back the old one I say. 

The new map relies way to much on bush camping, which is just dull. camp for 10 mins and then get wasted by hidden campers.

Bordhaw #15 Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:29 PM

Major

• Player
  • 11978 battles

View PostSuurpolskija, on 23 July 2018 - 10:43 AM, said:

New Erlenberg is better. 

Glacier is horrible. 

Remove Mines. 

:medal:

blacklupos #16 Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 11957 battles
Remove Province, worst map in the game, except maybe for tier 2-3

Isharial #17 Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:38 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 20441 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

none of the maps mentioned began with F or ended in S? everyone forgot about the pos that is fjords somehow? :sceptic:

honestly all the rest here pale in comparison to that terrible map

View PostSuurpolskija, on 23 July 2018 - 11:43 AM, said:

New Erlenberg is better. 

Glacier is horrible. 

Remove Mines. 

didn't mind swamp or highway, they're like glacier, requiring a bit more intelligence than "go heavy flank"

mines is meh, always will be on such a map given its "win hill, win game... unless your a dunce" 

erlenberg is just campinberg now with A8/9 area.. but its better than it was I agree

none of the ones you mentioned match fjords for crapness..

#removefjords

Edited by Isharial, 23 July 2018 - 08:39 PM.

Suurpolskija #18 Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18692 battles
  • [URHO] URHO

View PostWarzey, on 23 July 2018 - 02:59 PM, said:

I don't understand why do you see Glacier as a horrible map. All classes can utilize the map, most of the map is playable, there are things other than corridors. 

While I'm not a big fan of Provice, I can't really say that I despise the map. It's really a shame that whole middle part of the map is a kill zone. 

Bring back Swamp and Highway, are you crazy? Those two maps have a really bad design. Highway is basically same as Provice but worse, middle of the map is a death trap and flanks are not symmetrical as in both teams don't get equal opportunities. Swamp on the other hand is in my opinion the most asymmetrical map in the game. If you spawn north heavy can't go on a "heavy flank" because they'll die on the way there, but they can easily take the middle part of the map, if you spawn south your mediums can't go on a "medium flank" because they'll die on the way and they can't contest the middle part of the map because they'll die.   

Glacier is too small. Heavy tanks shouldn't have to expose their sides to get to heavy flank. If it was a bit bigger, it would be great. 

Swamp and highway had very interesting games in the later stages. They were also very big and open. Which was nice. I used to enjoy the middle plays on Highway with my light tanks. In swamp you simply didn't go to flanks that would expose your sides to enemy fire. 

Province is too small and promotes camping too much. 

Isharial #19 Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:46 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 20441 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSuurpolskija, on 23 July 2018 - 08:42 PM, said:

Glacier is too small. Heavy tanks shouldn't have to expose their sides to get to heavy flank. If it was a bit bigger, it would be great. 

Swamp and highway had very interesting games in the later stages. They were also very big and open. Which was nice. I used to enjoy the middle plays on Highway with my light tanks. In swamp you simply didn't go to flanks that would expose your sides to enemy fire. 

Province is too small and promotes camping too much. 

I wouldn't say glacier is small.. generally don't have an issue with heavies on that map, but I guess I don't really play "slow" ones.. given its mostly the frenchies and I suppose even a small breeze can damage them :sceptic: but still... maybe your just positioning yourself wrong on the approach?

LordMuffin #20 Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:46 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48529 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
My favourite part of Swamp was that you mindlessly couldn't go 'heavy flank' or 'medium flank'. Something I saw as a huge benefit of that map.
To bad the general player needs to have these kind of areas to know what to do. Being completely unable to improvise or innovate new ideas on a map for themselves.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users