Jump to content


Why is the meta so trash?


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

Milking_the_forum #1 Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:36 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 308 battles
  • 60
  • [-UM] -UM
  • Member since:
    03-17-2017
What happened in my absense? Why is the gameplay so campy a lot of the time? Why are people neglecting areas of maps that used to be game deciding? Did HD maps shift the balance too much in favor of camps? Did the players just get worse? What happened? Active gameplay just seems like a byproduct of people getting bored of waiting for someone to stroll in front of their gun rather than the meta.

BravelyRanAway #2 Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:39 PM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 22389 battles
  • 8,750
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostMilking_the_forum, on 23 July 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

What happened in my absense? 

Less griefing.



LordMuffin #3 Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:40 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 48080 battles
  • 10,853
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostMilking_the_forum, on 23 July 2018 - 05:36 PM, said:

What happened in my absense? Why is the gameplay so campy a lot of the time? Why are people neglecting areas of maps that used to be game deciding? Did HD maps shift the balance too much in favor of camps? Did the players just get worse? What happened? Active gameplay just seems like a byproduct of people getting bored of waiting for someone to stroll in front of their gun rather than the meta.

HD maps made camping more viable. Stupid, yes. 

 

I don't think players got worse, maps and balance are just promoting a certain type of play which is also very easy to perform. I think it is called 'dumbed down' even though that is hardly possible.



Dr_ownape #4 Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:42 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 41922 battles
  • 5,386
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013
less naughtiness from naughty people

Milking_the_forum #5 Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:42 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 308 battles
  • 60
  • [-UM] -UM
  • Member since:
    03-17-2017

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 23 July 2018 - 05:39 PM, said:

Less griefing.

 

Somehow i doubt that.

BravelyRanAway #6 Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:48 PM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 22389 battles
  • 8,750
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostMilking_the_forum, on 23 July 2018 - 04:42 PM, said:

 

Somehow i doubt that.

Your work, I believe........................... http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/679545-what-can-be-done-about-players-like-this/page__p__15981332#entry15981332

If in order to be happy you have to make others miserable, then there is something wrong with your mentality.



Milking_the_forum #7 Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:56 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 308 battles
  • 60
  • [-UM] -UM
  • Member since:
    03-17-2017

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 23 July 2018 - 05:48 PM, said:

Your work, I believe........................... http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/679545-what-can-be-done-about-players-like-this/page__p__15981332#entry15981332

If in order to be happy you have to make others miserable, then there is something wrong with your mentality.

 

I just play4funtm )))). blame WG for both making the game wholy uninteresting to play seriously(hence this topic) and for not stepping down on griefing because of automated systems doing their work for them )))))

 

I mean, when the most fun thing to do in game is pad loss rate then you know the devs made a misstep somewhere. I'm just wondering what the misstep was.



BravelyRanAway #8 Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:06 PM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 22389 battles
  • 8,750
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostMilking_the_forum, on 23 July 2018 - 04:56 PM, said:

 

I just play4funtm )))). blame WG for both making the game wholy uninteresting to play seriously(hence this topic) and for not stepping down on griefing because of automated systems doing their work for them )))))

 

I mean, when the most fun thing to do in game is pad loss rate then you know the devs made a misstep somewhere. I'm just wondering what the misstep was.

Stupid excuse. You are part of the problem. Go and play something else if you think it's uninteresting. If you can't understand why they need automated systems, well, you're not as smart as you think you are.



jabster #9 Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:09 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12532 battles
  • 22,811
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 23 July 2018 - 05:06 PM, said:

Stupid excuse. You are part of the problem. Go and play something else if you think it's uninteresting. If you can't understand why they need automated systems, well, you're not as smart as you think you are.

 

To be honest I doubt he’s even as smart as I think they are.



Milking_the_forum #10 Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:12 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 308 battles
  • 60
  • [-UM] -UM
  • Member since:
    03-17-2017

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 23 July 2018 - 06:06 PM, said:

Stupid excuse. You are part of the problem. Go and play something else if you think it's uninteresting. If you can't understand why they need automated systems, well, you're not as smart as you think you are.

 

Why would i need an excuse for playing the game while not committing any banable offences?

 

View Postjabster, on 23 July 2018 - 06:09 PM, said:

 

To be honest I doubt he’s even as smart as I think they are.

 

Funny how things work both ways.


Edited by Milking_the_forum, 23 July 2018 - 06:17 PM.


UrQuan #11 Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:27 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 19411 battles
  • 6,127
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

View PostMilking_the_forum, on 23 July 2018 - 05:56 PM, said:

 

I just play4funtm )))). blame WG for both making the game wholy uninteresting to play seriously(hence this topic) and for not stepping down on griefing because of automated systems doing their work for them )))))

 

I mean, when the most fun thing to do in game is pad loss rate then you know the devs made a misstep somewhere. I'm just wondering what the misstep was.

 

If the game isn't interesting, why play it then? There's so many great games out there. Why stick to a game to ruin other people gameplay. If your idea of fun is deliberately ruining other people their game, then you are worse then all those 'I play for fun!' baddies. They refuse to improve, but at least they don't deliberately gun down & ram other players in order to ruin their day.

 

Nothing stops you from playing for fun, without ruining other people's games in the process. And when team stupidity gets to you, hey, nothing stops you from quitting for the day. 

 

I play for fun as well, else I wouldn't play the game, but I'm never going to randomly harass a teammate with my tank.



HassenderZerhacker #12 Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:37 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 25579 battles
  • 2,257
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostMilking_the_forum, on 23 July 2018 - 05:36 PM, said:

What happened in my absense? Why is the gameplay so campy a lot of the time? Why are people neglecting areas of maps that used to be game deciding? Did HD maps shift the balance too much in favor of camps? Did the players just get worse? What happened? Active gameplay just seems like a byproduct of people getting bored of waiting for someone to stroll in front of their gun rather than the meta.

 

the camping comes from teams being very unpredictible/stupid/mentally challenged.

 

your own team will not support you when you go to a strategically important position, and you are likely to die there without any help while your lights yolo. and there are good chances the other team's r-e-t-a-r-d-s will do the same, and if staying hidden in a sniping position you will be able to farm them nicely.

So the best option in randoms today is to camp.

 

add to this the stupid arty stun, leFH sales and whatnot, and the best place you can be is in a bush near a rock that can shield from arty.

 


Edited by HassenderZerhacker, 23 July 2018 - 06:39 PM.


fwhaatpiraat #13 Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:45 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 45717 battles
  • 532
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013
o7 :)

nightfoxy #14 Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:53 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 55457 battles
  • 508
  • Member since:
    08-03-2011
maps got more campy spots, more new players, less old ones...

jabster #15 Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:12 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12532 battles
  • 22,811
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostMilking_the_forum, on 23 July 2018 - 05:12 PM, said:

Funny how things work both ways.

 

Not really no. You just don't come across as not particularity intelligent. I wouldn't go as far as out and out thick but more just a bit below average.

Edited by jabster, 23 July 2018 - 07:13 PM.


nightfoxy #16 Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:13 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 55457 battles
  • 508
  • Member since:
    08-03-2011
oh, and more autoloaders...

Milking_the_forum #17 Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:25 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 308 battles
  • 60
  • [-UM] -UM
  • Member since:
    03-17-2017

View Postjabster, on 23 July 2018 - 07:12 PM, said:

 

Not really no. You just don't come across as not particularity intelligent. I wouldn't go as far as out and out thick but more just a bit below average.

 

It's kinda ironic someone as pedantic as you would include a double negative and a contradiction when insulting someone else's intelligence over the internet. It's a petty delight, but I'll take it.



gunslingerXXX #18 Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:36 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 10720 battles
  • 1,806
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014
Don't forget arty. Ruining the game even more now

jabster #19 Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:37 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12532 battles
  • 22,811
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostMilking_the_forum, on 23 July 2018 - 06:25 PM, said:

 

It's kinda ironic someone as pedantic as you would include a double negative and a contradiction when insulting someone else's intelligence over the internet. It's a petty delight, but I'll take it.

 

How was I insulting your intelligence. I was just stating my opinion is that you don’t seem particularly intelligent. I could be wrong but I doubt it. There’s nothing wrong with being a bit below average as lots of people are.



Bordhaw #20 Posted 23 July 2018 - 07:41 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 10875 battles
  • 1,999
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostMilking_the_forum, on 23 July 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

What happened in my absense? Why is the gameplay so campy a lot of the time? Why are people neglecting areas of maps that used to be game deciding? Did HD maps shift the balance too much in favor of camps? Did the players just get worse? What happened? Active gameplay just seems like a byproduct of people getting bored of waiting for someone to stroll in front of their gun rather than the meta.

 

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users