AFK

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

SevernaSnaga #1 Posted 24 July 2018 - 04:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1715 battles
  • [BZVZ] BZVZ

So, this is second time this is happening.(it also happened to a player that i was once spectating)

I got into a game. At the end of the game, i get in 1 vs X situation.(today it was 1 vs 3)

I manage to kill 2 of them, but clock runs out and its a Draw. 

Enemy player that stayed alive was AFK the hole game (with his premium tank of course)

He did nothing for his team, he just got into the battle and went AFK.

Because of him, i couldn't pull of a victory, and it is really annoying.

IMO, i think that if player goes AFK longer than ~12 mins, his tank should be destroyed(and he should get a warning/ban for few hours)

That way, people wont have to experience this(and im sure its happening to others as well, especially on bigger maps).

If he had internet problem(i had them few times), ~12 mins should be enough to fix them( it took me 3 mins at most to get into battle by reseting router and the game), so there is no explanation for him to go 15min AFK and that players should be punished.

If i had won, im sure his team would be mad at him for going AFK 15 mins.

Im curious what community thinks about this and i hope Wargaming does something that will help out players in future.

Dexatroph #2 Posted 24 July 2018 - 04:47 PM

Major

• Player
  • 43243 battles
Get used to it. The second time? You will encounter this hundred more times. Also you will encounter more AFK players in one battle. It will really happen. Just wait.

Homer_J #3 Posted 24 July 2018 - 04:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Hang on, lets get this right, you are blaming an AFK player on the enemy team for you not getting a win.

Best excuse ever.

evilchaosmonkey #4 Posted 24 July 2018 - 05:01 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16626 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

View PostHomer_J, on 24 July 2018 - 03:50 PM, said:

Hang on, lets get this right, you are blaming an AFK player on the enemy team for you not getting a win.

Best excuse ever.

Indeed indeed, surprised there is no qpranger like on this..

Much as I abhor AFK players, it's a new one to me when you are enraged by the red team going AFK.

Best excuse ever.

divsmo #5 Posted 24 July 2018 - 05:02 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31980 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
I thought there already was a thing for this? I'm sure i've seen youtube videos were the time expires and the last afk enemy explodes giving the victory to the guy actually playing? Or is that for repeat offenders or something?

Homer_J #6 Posted 24 July 2018 - 05:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postdivsmo, on 24 July 2018 - 05:02 PM, said:

I thought there already was a thing for this? I'm sure i've seen youtube videos were the time expires and the last afk enemy explodes giving the victory to the guy actually playing? Or is that for repeat offenders or something?

That's for quitters.

If you return to garage, disconnect, ALT+F4 etc then your tank explodes.  If you just AFK then it doesn't.

Bordhaw #7 Posted 24 July 2018 - 06:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10875 battles

View PostSevernaSnaga, on 24 July 2018 - 03:02 PM, said:

So, this is second time this is happening.(it also happened to a player that i was once spectating)

I got into a game. At the end of the game, i get in 1 vs X situation.(today it was 1 vs 3)

I manage to kill 2 of them, but clock runs out and its a Draw. 

Enemy player that stayed alive was AFK the hole game (with his premium tank of course)

He did nothing for his team, he just got into the battle and went AFK.

Because of him, i couldn't pull of a victory, and it is really annoying.

IMO, i think that if player goes AFK longer than ~12 mins, his tank should be destroyed(and he should get a warning/ban for few hours)

That way, people wont have to experience this(and im sure its happening to others as well, especially on bigger maps).

If he had internet problem(i had them few times), ~12 mins should be enough to fix them( it took me 3 mins at most to get into battle by reseting router and the game), so there is no explanation for him to go 15min AFK and that players should be punished.

If i had won, im sure his team would be mad at him for going AFK 15 mins.

Im curious what community thinks about this and i hope Wargaming does something that will help out players in future.

ThinGun #8 Posted 24 July 2018 - 06:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34082 battles

Hardly reasonable to punish people for being AFK.  There are probably a 1000 reasons why someone appears inactive, and only one of them is 'to pee off OP'.

Balc0ra #9 Posted 24 July 2018 - 06:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64429 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostSevernaSnaga, on 24 July 2018 - 04:02 PM, said:

You ever noticed a tank blowing up at the end of the game that sat in base and did nothing? That's exactly that. It doesn't care if the game lasted 15 min or 5 min. But it's only activated at the end of the battle. The reason for that according to WG is that if it was a DC, the player has a chance to get back. Tho, you make a point with regards to a one on one late game. But if he was just camping base doing nothing but waiting for damage to come to him, and was not afk. You would still suffer the same faith. 

That and I suspect WG won't go any further with it. As it's an automatic system, and you know how confident they are in it. If you notice anyone that get's zero XP at the end of a game. That means they have been afk a game too much of late. I don't recall how many games it takes to get zero XP. But it's basically like turning blue for TD, and the last warning before a temp ban. 

xtrem3x #10 Posted 24 July 2018 - 06:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31635 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

After 5 minutes AFK they should explode.

I get more annoyed when we get maps that require a fast initial spot but our scout has decided to go and get a drink while the game loads. They arrive about 30 seconds after the game has started but by then the enemy has a massive advantage. Light tank players should always be there for when the match begins, if they're not going to be ready they should play a slow heavy tank or arty

Warzey #11 Posted 24 July 2018 - 06:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 56813 battles
  • [L-REM] L-REM

View Postxtrem3x, on 24 July 2018 - 05:41 PM, said:

I get more annoyed when we get maps that require a fast initial spot but our scout has decided to go and get a drink while the game loads. They arrive about 30 seconds after the game has started but by then the enemy has a massive advantage. Light tank players should always be there for when the match begins, if they're not going to be ready they should play a slow heavy tank or arty

You can count those maps on the fingers of one hand, besides initial spot provides a rather useless information for an average player and in a lot of cases ends with the death of a LT. 

SevernaSnaga #12 Posted 25 July 2018 - 08:16 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1715 battles
  • [BZVZ] BZVZ

View PostHomer_J, on 24 July 2018 - 04:50 PM, said:

Best excuse ever.

Yes i am, but what if i played against you and i had time to kill him? You( and rest of your team who are watching) would rage in chat because i won "just because" that one guy went afk and if he was there all he had to do was hit mi twice, and lets say you did 3k damage?, your excuse for the lost game would be him, right?

I already stated this in original post, but you just rushed it through 

View PostThinGun, on 24 July 2018 - 06:30 PM, said:

Hardly reasonable to punish people for being AFK.  There are probably a 1000 reasons why someone appears inactive, and only one of them is 'to pee off OP'.

Yes, as I stated, he may have PC issues, but 15min? 

I once had teammate who was afk for 10mins, he came back, apologised because of PC issue, and helped us win the game,

but whole game go afk?

Xandania #13 Posted 25 July 2018 - 08:22 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35452 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 24 July 2018 - 04:01 PM, said:

Indeed indeed, surprised there is no qpranger like on this..

Lets fix that the only way we can.

SevernaSnaga #14 Posted 25 July 2018 - 08:23 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1715 battles
  • [BZVZ] BZVZ

View Postxtrem3x, on 24 July 2018 - 06:41 PM, said:

maybe they have PC problems, im not asking for anything that radical, i too have connection problem and sometimes i load 20 sec late( usually first battle of the day), and i try avoid LT for first battle, but if he cant fix it for 14mins and 59secs, then he shouldnt have pressed "Battle" button.

Suurpolskija #15 Posted 25 July 2018 - 08:28 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18692 battles
  • [URHO] URHO

Your kid comes home crying. 

Your boss calls about this new great idea she's got. 

Your wife requires your attention. 

And so on. It's just a game. It surprises me how few people actually get it. It's just a game and hardly the most important thing in life. 

Solstad1069 #16 Posted 25 July 2018 - 08:29 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40132 battles

View Postxtrem3x, on 24 July 2018 - 06:41 PM, said:

Or a map like Glacier that will/can get u spotted IN BASE if you dont act quickly.

SevernaSnaga #17 Posted 25 July 2018 - 08:30 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1715 battles
  • [BZVZ] BZVZ

View PostBalc0ra, on 24 July 2018 - 06:41 PM, said:

You ever noticed a tank blowing up at the end of the game that sat in base and did nothing? That's exactly that. It doesn't care if the game lasted 15 min or 5 min. But it's only activated at the end of the battle. The reason for that according to WG is that if it was a DC, the player has a chance to get back. Tho, you make a point with regards to a one on one late game. But if he was just camping base doing nothing but waiting for damage to come to him, and was not afk. You would still suffer the same faith. 

That and I suspect WG won't go any further with it. As it's an automatic system, and you know how confident they are in it. If you notice anyone that get's zero XP at the end of a game. That means they have been afk a game too much of late. I don't recall how many games it takes to get zero XP. But it's basically like turning blue for TD, and the last warning before a temp ban. 

I had teammates who werent afk but blew up at the end multiple times( maybe aĺt+f4 because battle is won and they dont want to go to garage), but it never happened to afk players.

Solstad1069 #18 Posted 25 July 2018 - 08:32 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 40132 battles

View PostSuurpolskija, on 25 July 2018 - 08:28 AM, said:

And so on. It's just a game. It surprises me how few people actually get it. It's just a game and hardly the most important thing in life. 

Of course we all get into these situations, but 15 minutes? Most phonecalls can wait a few minutes...

Jigabachi #19 Posted 25 July 2018 - 08:33 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Blaming an afk player for not giving you a win is nonsense of course. An afk player in the enemy team actually increases your chance to win. If he wasn't afk, you maybe would have lost...

But anyway. There already is a mechanic against afk players who do that a few times in a row, but I agree that it should yield harder punishments.
But then again, the ones who do it often enough to deserve punishment tend to be botlevel players anyway... and those are often more useful when afk.

SevernaSnaga #20 Posted 25 July 2018 - 08:35 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1715 battles
  • [BZVZ] BZVZ

View PostSuurpolskija, on 25 July 2018 - 08:28 AM, said:

You assumed my boss was woman?

But lets get to the point,

Then they should play offline game, im sure there is one that they can play, because there IS NO REASON for clicking "battle" button and being afk for 15mins,

PC crash=3-8mins,

Internet connection problem=1-3mins

But 15mins, that is overkill

Also tagged with AFK

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users