Please hire a gardener

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Commander_BorderLine #1 Posted 25 July 2018 - 04:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30478 battles

Hi Wargaming

I know you don't give a cr@p about game quality or about your players, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.  Apart from all the other stuff that is horribly broken, plenty of bushes in the game seem to be offering zero camo, while other bushes seem to be offering full camo even when you sit in them and fire.  Are you people at any point going to do something about his, or is this also going on the "in 5 years this issue will still exist because customers can piss off" list?

P.S.: If it takes you months to do something a simple as remove Province from tier 10 map rotation, then maybe you should find another occupation.

Kind regards

A player who used to spend a lot of money on you

wsatnutter #2 Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:23 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 24957 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostCommander_BorderLine, on 25 July 2018 - 03:42 PM, said:

Hi Wargaming

I know you don't give a cr@p about game quality or about your players, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.  Apart from all the other stuff that is horribly broken, plenty of bushes in the game seem to be offering zero camo, while other bushes seem to be offering full camo even when you sit in them and fire.  Are you people at any point going to do something about his, or is this also going on the "in 5 years this issue will still exist because customers can piss off" list?

P.S.: If it takes you months to do something a simple as remove Province from tier 10 map rotation, then maybe you should find another occupation.

Kind regards

A player who used to spend a lot of money on you

how much is a lot

Balc0ra #3 Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66275 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Why do everyone think spending on this game gives them more rights or makes them more special that WG will turn on a dime for that one player since he said that. 

Some bushes simply are two smacked into one. Thus there is a gap in the middle that shows your lower plate spot vs before. Or some that ppl have claimed are not working. Are not big enough for all tanks, and their spot dot on the roof is exposed. Or the 3rd option... You fired when passive spotting, expected not to be spotted. Without a replay proving it's none of that... who knows.  

View PostCommander_BorderLine, on 25 July 2018 - 04:42 PM, said:

See there is a server called RU. It has more players that have spent more money than you. Tho there are folks on RU that want's it removed from tier X. But are ppl that don't want removed either. And as with most stuff like this. It's arguments on RU that decides the outcome as that's 70% of the players. As most Russian tanks was not buffed because they did bad on EU to name one. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 25 July 2018 - 05:34 PM.

xx984 #4 Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:30 PM

Major

• Player
  • 54988 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

I agree for once, 

one bush that comes to mind is prok south side on the hill, been behind it, enough where not to see through it, fire once instantly spotted, was in 140 with bia, vents, camo crew.

Procjon #5 Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 55505 battles

View PostCommander_BorderLine, on 25 July 2018 - 03:42 PM, said:

Hi Wargaming

Those bushes drive me nuts. Lately i started grinding British TD line to get FV4005. This line is paper armor and i get **** so many times by being spotted after the shot, all crew camo, camo net and still the light goes ON.

I'm learning the lesson and try to park way more back behind the bush than i used to do before but WG should do something about. If they can not fix it the proper way they should spray these bushes in different colors :trollface:, let's say, GREEN - you are ok, YELLOW - you might get spotted, RED - you definitely will die.

HF

Commander_BorderLine #6 Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30478 battles

View Postwsatnutter, on 25 July 2018 - 05:23 PM, said:

how much is a lot

Enough to be noticeable by me and several Youtubers.

Enforcer1975 #7 Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postwsatnutter, on 25 July 2018 - 05:23 PM, said:

how much is a lot

1/30 or 1/32 of a pound. 

Commander_BorderLine #8 Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30478 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 25 July 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

Why do everyone think spending on this game gives them more rights or makes them more special that WG will turn on a dime for that one player since he said that. 

Some bushes simply are two smacked into one. Thus there is a gap in the middle that shows your lower plate spot vs before. Or some that ppl have claimed are not working. Are not big enough for all tanks, and their spot dot on the roof is exposed. Or the 3rd option... You fired when passive spotting, expected not to be spotted. Without a replay proving it's none of that... who knows.  

See there is a server called RU. It has more players that have spent more money than you. Tho there are folks on RU that want's it removed from tier X. But are ppl that don't want removed either. And as with most stuff like this. It's arguments on RU that decides the outcome as that's 70% of the players. As most Russian tanks was not buffed because they did bad on EU to name one. 

I think being a paying customer gives me every right to complain about the way WG is turning this game into a steaming pile of crap.

Balc0ra #9 Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66275 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postxx984, on 25 July 2018 - 05:30 PM, said:

I agree for once, 

one bush that comes to mind is prok south side on the hill, been behind it, enough where not to see through it, fire once instantly spotted, was in 140 with bia, vents, camo crew.

If it's the bush I think it is. You could be easily spotted there if they have one sneaky in town you have yet to see, as I have done in my lights. But from the middle where the HT shoots up on hill? Then no... you should not be. 

Balc0ra #10 Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:38 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66275 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostCommander_BorderLine, on 25 July 2018 - 05:36 PM, said:

I think being a paying customer gives me every right to complain about the way WG is turning this game into a steaming pile of crap.

True, but when most on RU pays as much or more then you think those issues are fine. Then what? Should WG listen to EU/NA or RU. As they can afford to lose EU. But not RU. Then I suspect even EU would die before it even is supposed to "referring to Province that is"

As for the bush issue. We see topics like this now and then. But with no replay or other evidence. Nor have I personally noticed it that much. Most times there has been a tank on my side that could have spotted me etc. But then again. If it's only a few bushes that are affected "if at all". I could simply not have used them at all to notice it. 

I'm sure some recall the bush on airfield 2-3 years back. It was proved with tests to be broken and not working in multiple videos and topics. WG took notice of it, and it was fixed. But with general claims, no mention of what bush etc. And not one testing that bush further to see if it's broken.  It won't be by complaining alone sadly.  If you know what bush it is. Take someone to a training room. Do some tests when you can control the enemy view lines. Prove your claims. Get noticed with it. Only way to get it fixed. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 25 July 2018 - 05:48 PM.

Browarszky #11 Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:00 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16096 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
There's a secret garden in WoT... or at least secret bushes??? :amazed:

xx984 #12 Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:25 PM

Major

• Player
  • 54988 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

View PostBalc0ra, on 25 July 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

If it's the bush I think it is. You could be easily spotted there if they have one sneaky in town you have yet to see, as I have done in my lights. But from the middle where the HT shoots up on hill? Then no... you should not be. 

I understand its not impossible to be spotted there, but the instance im talking about we had secured the town with out own tanks and there was no enemy light or anything down there being sneaky.

Would post the replay but was few patches ago and ive reinstalled afew times since so replays folder was wiped 

unhappy_bunny #13 Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:34 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18142 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

If it was such a gamebreaker how come you only mention it now and not a few patches ago when it happened?

CremeFraiche #14 Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24041 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

A lot of bushcists in this thread.

LordMuffin #15 Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48136 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
Ye, bushes seem to give random camo.
One could think that density of a bush would give a hint, but no.
Completely random it is.
The bushes behind cap on north spawn on mountain pass give enormous amount of camo btw.

CremeFraiche #16 Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24041 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostLordMuffin, on 25 July 2018 - 05:52 PM, said:

Ye, bushes seem to give random camo.
One could think that density of a bush would give a hint, but no.
Completely random it is.
The bushes behind cap on north spawn on mountain pass give enormous amount of camo btw.

I suspect it is WG trying to simulate the bushes swaying in the wind, suddenly one tiny little twig with 4 leafs on it bends over and bam, there goes your cover.

Balc0ra #17 Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66275 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postxx984, on 25 July 2018 - 06:25 PM, said:

I understand its not impossible to be spotted there, but the instance im talking about we had secured the town with out own tanks and there was no enemy light or anything down there being sneaky.

Oh, well then it might be odd ofc. But just saying bushes in general like OP won't narrow it down. Nor will it force WG to focus on it if it's an issue. As no one has proven it's an issue yet as such, other then "I got spotted here once". It's just bushes in general so far. As I said, only way to get WG to focus on it, is to prove there is a broken bush by proving it with a 2 man training room test. 4 tanker and a dog did that pre 1.0 to disprove some bushes as broken iirc. No one has done that yet after 1.0 when the topics about it did appear. 

As the few times I have thought about it. There is a gap in the bush. Or someone appears on my flank that most likely spotted me each time I did move or fire. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 25 July 2018 - 07:03 PM.

LordMuffin #18 Posted 25 July 2018 - 07:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48136 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostBalc0ra, on 25 July 2018 - 06:59 PM, said:

Oh, well then it might be odd ofc. But just saying bushes in general like OP won't narrow it down. Nor will it force WG to focus on it if it's an issue. As no one has proven it's an issue yet as such, other then "I got spotted here once". It's just bushes in general so far. As I said, only way to get WG to focus on it, is to prove there is a broken bush by proving it with a 2 man training room test. 4 tanker and a dog did that pre 1.0 to disprove some bushes as broken iirc. No one has done that yet after 1.0 when the topics about it did appear. 

As the few times I have thought about it. There is a gap in the bush. Or someone appears on my flank that most likely spotted me each time I did move or fire. 

Personally I feel bushes after 1.0 is way more unpredictable in how they work and amount of camo they give compared with bushes from before 1.0 patch.

Browarszky #19 Posted 25 July 2018 - 07:27 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16096 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View PostBalc0ra, on 25 July 2018 - 05:59 PM, said:

That's what I usually hear when I complain about being spotted in bushes.

BTW, I'm not sure if I have understood the bushes correctly or not. For the bushes to conceal you do you have to a) behind one set of bushes and b) in another bush behind the first set, or how does the double bush thing work?

I found the guy you need! :teethhappy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygUcFHgou5w

Edited by Browarszky, 25 July 2018 - 10:36 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users