A Different Question Regarding 3-Marking Tanks

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll (45 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Can a player who 3-marked one tank get more 3-marks?

1. If a player has one tank 3-marked, he/she should be able to 3-mark multiple tanks. (21 votes [46.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.67%

2. 3-marking one tank does not mean you're going to 3-mark any other tanks. (24 votes [53.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 53.33%

Vote Hide poll

StronkiTonki #1 Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 29730 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

So a good few months ago I managed to 3-mark my first tank. The Indien Panzer.

Now I was super surprised when I actually managed to do this, since mostly, I only 1-mark a tank before finishing my grind.

And very rarely have I managed to 2-mark a tank. These only being: T-44, T71 DA, Centurion I.

For the most part I kept believing I was just on a lucky streak with the Indien Panzer. But it saddens me a bit to think that I probably wouldn't get another 3-mark soon, if luck was on my side so much.

So I am wondering what the community might think about this.

Do you think luck could have indeed been on my side so much, that I managed to get a 3-mark?

Or do you think 3-marking a tank requires too much skill to be decided by luck? Since we are talking about a performance of about 100 battles.

Please share your thoughts and own experiences. What was your thought process when you 3-marked your first tank? Did you have trouble 3-marking other tanks after that?

I have also added a poll, but am really looking forward to reading your own thoughts!

Edit: Just wanted to add that I am aware that different tanks have different difficulties to 3-mark, depending on how much they get played by competetive players.

My focus here is to talk about the potential a player has after having 3-marked a single tank.

Edited by StronkiTonki, 25 July 2018 - 06:32 PM.

wremise #2 Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47596 battles
  • [P4NTA] P4NTA
you played a tank who isnt liked by the comunity... go play an skoda, and see how many marks you can get.

wEight_Tanker #3 Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7538 battles
  • [VI90M] VI90M

View PostStronkiTonki, on 25 July 2018 - 05:05 PM, said:

So a good few months ago I managed to 3-mark my first tank. The Indien Panzer.

Now I was super surprised when I actually managed to do this, since mostly, I only 1-mark a tank before finishing my grind.

And very rarely have I managed to 2-mark a tank. These only being: T-44, T71 DA, Centurion I.

Well, don't sell them. I 1-marked most tanks before finishing my grinding too. But I had to sell them and advance to the next one. It's the way I want it to be. Later, when I get good crew skills and get bored, I bring back the old 1-marked tank with more powerful crew and just have fun in it and try to earn more marks.

For the most part I kept believing I was just on a lucky streak with the Indien Panzer. But it saddens me a bit to think that I probably wouldn't get another 3-mark soon, if luck was on my side so much.

So I am wondering what the community might think about this.

Luck can't affect dealing more damage in your games than the average damage your tank has that much. I can play my SU-100Y every day for 12 hours straight, develop more skills (I kid you not, I was a total pud at playing turetless tank destroyers, but I managed to grow some balls and use my brain more) And guess what? I 1-marked it and even the ikv 65 (I'm probably wayyy worse player than you). But my point is. It's not only about how well you do in a couple of battles to reach enough damage, you need to play it and play it and play it. Because if you get absent for a couple of days. Other players playing that vehicle will improve and your MoE percentage slowly drops.

I don't play that much WoT like I used to. But if you want to keep up the damage going, don't rely on luck that much. Just focus on doing good enough in battles. You can. All the time. But don't forget about the main gameplay. It's not only about dealing damage. But think of the current state and the enemy's possible moves. Helping your teammates who deserve helping. You get more damage to farm when you have less chance of dying instantly and someone to watch your back.

Again. You are definitely a way better player then me and way older. You're almost hitting 30k battles and already know everything I said. But don't get aroused so much with luck. It's possible to get a crappy match up with more powerful tanks on the opposite side and getting no physical possibility to advance that much, but keep it up. Be strong. Keep playing as much as you can with keeping the same mentality that helps you advance.

Sorry for wall of text and my bed england! Cheers. :)

StronkiTonki #4 Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 29730 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

View Postwremise, on 25 July 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

you played a tank who isnt liked by the comunity... go play an skoda, and see how many marks you can get.

So your conclusion would be that it highly depends on the popularity of the vehicle?

That seems pretty logical. Although you did not really answer my question.

xx984 #5 Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:26 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 52988 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

Doesn't mean you can 3 mark any tank, If you either

a) play a tank that's unpopular with low combine needed, such as the Indien

b) play a tank you like and preform well in,

you shouldn't have too much trouble marking, but it's a whole different matter trying to mark a popular, competitive tank a lot of people play, one example being the S.conq, you shouldn't expect to be able to do that, or so it easily unless you are very good at the game, or in that tank. I've 3 marked loads of tanks, and some I still struggle with loads, main one being BC which I still haven't done, despise that tank.

StronkiTonki #6 Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 29730 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

View Postxx984, on 25 July 2018 - 04:26 PM, said:

Doesn't mean you can 3 mark any tank, If you either

a) play a tank that's unpopular with low combine needed, such as the Indien

b) play a tank you like and preform well in,

you shouldn't have too much trouble marking, but it's a whole different matter trying to mark a popular, competitive tank a lot of people play, one example being the S.conq, you shouldn't expect to be able to do that, or so it easily unless you are very good at the game, or in that tank. I've 3 marked loads of tanks, and some I still struggle with loads, main one being BC which I still haven't done, despise that tank.

So an easy conclusion is that I should probably be able to 3-mark some other tanks that are unpopular like the Indien Panzer, but would struggle with more popular tanks.

Also, I always thought the Centurion I was a pretty popular tank, but it has a lower combined damage needed than the Indien Panzer.

smokeytheband1t #7 Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8454 battles

depends on your own strengths and the popularity of a tank i guess

let's say if you manage to 3 mark some long forgotten miscreant and it was struggle.. you are going to have a hell of a time doing the same stunt with a similar class tank that's in the meta rotation

xx984 #8 Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:55 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 52988 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

View PostStronkiTonki, on 25 July 2018 - 04:34 PM, said:

So an easy conclusion is that I should probably be able to 3-mark some other tanks that are unpopular like the Indien Panzer, but would struggle with more popular tanks.

Also, I always thought the Centurion I was a pretty popular tank, but it has a lower combined damage needed than the Indien Panzer.

What im trying to say is that unpopular tanks are ALOT  easier, and if you enjoy that unpopular tank then it should be no problem.

While you will be able to do a more popular, competitive tank, it will take a lot more time and be a lot more challenging. I spend most my time 3 mark grinding and tank that lots of good players play in, and is very popular will still be a challenge for me, if that makes sense

StronkiTonki #9 Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 29730 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

View Postxx984, on 25 July 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

What im trying to say is that unpopular tanks are ALOT  easier, and if you enjoy that unpopular tank then it should be no problem.

While you will be able to do a more popular, competitive tank, it will take a lot more time and be a lot more challenging. I spend most my time 3 mark grinding and tank that lots of good players play in, and is very popular will still be a challenge for me, if that makes sense

Makes a lot of sense.

When I played tanks like the BC-25T or the T-55A, I noticed right away how much slower my % went up.

All I can try is to just keep grinding the trees, and eventually just start at 3-marking easier tanks, and just improve my own personal skills. :)

Emeraldweed #10 Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8769 battles
  • [-322-] -322-

View PostStronkiTonki, on 25 July 2018 - 08:07 PM, said:

Makes a lot of sense.

When I played tanks like the BC-25T or the T-55A, I noticed right away how much slower my % went up.

All I can try is to just keep grinding the trees, and eventually just start at 3-marking easier tanks, and just improve my own personal skills. :)

What others didnt tell you tho is that after you 3marked 2-3 tanks you get into the ''mentality'' and then it becomes easier, aka you learn to play

Procjon #11 Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 54225 battles

View PostStronkiTonki, on 25 July 2018 - 04:05 PM, said:

Please share your thoughts and own experiences regarding this topic.

I have also added a poll, but am really looking forward to reading your own thoughts!

View PostStronkiTonki, on 25 July 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

So your conclusion would be that it highly depends on the popularity of the vehicle?

I thought you welcomed all opinions and experiences on this topic so you should not expect each comment to be exact reply to your questions.

I believe the current system is as it should be. Only because you are good in 1 tank it doesn't mean you can be as good in other. Why? all tanks are different. Only because i'm good in driving passenger car it doesn't mean i'm good in driving a 18 wheeler truck, i hope this example helps.

You could apply your idea of getting 3 marks on other tanks ONLY if those other tanks are exact copy of the tank you did 3 MOE on.

Although 100 games to play pretty well is not a lot i believe it is not meant for casual player but targeted for full-time players that can focus on doing MOE without any distraction from outside world. I play at work so it is hard for me to focus on each game 100%. Many people play few games after work so it is hard as well with your wife and kids running around.

HF

Edited by Procjon, 25 July 2018 - 06:23 PM.

xx984 #12 Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:24 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 52988 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

View PostEmeraldweed, on 25 July 2018 - 05:16 PM, said:

What others didnt tell you tho is that after you 3marked 2-3 tanks you get into the ''mentality'' and then it becomes easier, aka you learn to play

this is also true, forgot to mention myself.

Emeraldweed #13 Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8769 battles
  • [-322-] -322-

View Postxx984, on 25 July 2018 - 08:24 PM, said:

this is also true, forgot to mention myself.

Well it's important since it sets up a goal  that you have to achieve in the battle, it's challenging, and it teaches you  from your mistakes. Thats where ''for fun'' goes down the drain :P 

StronkiTonki #14 Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 29730 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

View PostProcjon, on 25 July 2018 - 05:18 PM, said:

I thought you welcomed all opinions and experiences on this topic so you should not expect each comment to be exact reply to your questions.

Maybe I did not write it down correctly. But I was hoping people would tell me their own experiences when they first 3-marked a tank, and were surprised with it. And to how much of an extent luck can influence 3-marking a tank.

I guess I should have added that I am aware that more popular tanks that get played a lot by competetive players are much harder to 3-mark.

I guess I'll make an edit for it.

xx984 #15 Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:32 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 52988 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

One quick tip for 3 marking by the way, Most people know this but some don't.

Try and get as much tracking and spotting as possible, Say if you are in an end game about to win, enemy has 1 healthy tank left, instead of getting one or two shots into him before your team finish the job, track him, and then when all your team shoots him you will get all of his HP counted to your mark instead of one or two damaging shots. Obviously not just in end game situations, was just an example. 

Emeraldweed #16 Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8769 battles
  • [-322-] -322-
And don't teamkill- team damage it gets deducted from your moe %  ( yea i know coming from me it's ironic)

StronkiTonki #17 Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 29730 battles
  • [T0AST] T0AST

View Postxx984, on 25 July 2018 - 05:32 PM, said:

One quick tip for 3 marking by the way, Most people know this but some don't.

Try and get as much tracking and spotting as possible, Say if you are in an end game about to win, enemy has 1 healthy tank left, instead of getting one or two shots into him before your team finish the job, track him, and then when all your team shoots him you will get all of his HP counted to your mark instead of one or two damaging shots. Obviously not just in end game situations, was just an example. 

Definitely a great tip that I was aware of. Although I haven't gotten into the mentality of focusing on tracking all the time. Maybe I should do it more often.

I also noticed that since equipping coated optics and maxing out my view range on many vehicle, it just passively gives you extra assistance damage for randomly spotting enemies around you. :)

Procjon #18 Posted 25 July 2018 - 07:44 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 54225 battles

View PostStronkiTonki, on 25 July 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

Maybe I did not write it down correctly. But I was hoping people would tell me their own experiences when they first 3-marked a tank, and were surprised with it. And to how much of an extent luck can influence 3-marking a tank.

I guess I should have added that I am aware that more popular tanks that get played a lot by competetive players are much harder to 3-mark.

I guess I'll make an edit for it.

You can not measure a luck but i'm guessing it has bigger impact on 3 MOE with each update the WG introduces :trollface:. I get a lot of games that are either loss rape or win rape and there is really not much time to do any damage to sustain MOE. More fast games require more camping in next battles to offset the loss of damage during fast battles.

The best time to do 3 MOE is when the tank is introduced, that's how many players got it. You get the tank first and there is still limited amount of players - not everybody has free exp to get the tank -that can compete for 3 MOE, the longer the tank stays in game the harder is to get 3 MOE - i talk about tanks that are popular - as damage level required for 3 MOE increases.

HF

Edited by Procjon, 25 July 2018 - 08:02 PM.

Jumping_TurtIe #19 Posted 25 July 2018 - 08:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6093 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

My focus here is to talk about the potential a player has after having 3-marked a single tank.

If you can three mark one tank, you can also 3 mark more.

Depending on the tier, your skilllevel and the amount of time you want to put into it, might be why some are impossible to get and others doable.

WindSplitter1 #20 Posted 25 July 2018 - 08:26 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 15517 battles

View PostStronkiTonki, on 25 July 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

I've 3 marked a Chaffee before the LT nerfs. Haven't 3 marked another tank ever since, though I've tried so.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users