IS-4 Grille 15

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

lnfernaI #1 Posted 26 July 2018 - 07:11 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 28862 battles
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE

Jove's research shows,what could be an IS-4 at Tier IX with ST-I's stock turret,and Grille 15 may be getting removed;

Dava_117 #2 Posted 26 July 2018 - 07:20 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19443 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I hope not. ST-I should stay at tier 9. Movimg it to tier 10 would ruin it thanks to the bad environment and balance.

Buff IS-4 instead!

About Grille15 it may also be a rework, not necessarily a removal.

Edit

The video is in russian... can't understand anything! :hiding:

Edited by Dava_117, 26 July 2018 - 07:24 AM.

Cobra6 #3 Posted 26 July 2018 - 07:55 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

I really do not see what is so difficult in improving the gun handling of the IS-4.......honestly that is the only buff it needs as the current potato canon it has does not cut it anymore in the 2018 version of WoT.

The armor works fine if you have any skill in angling and the mobility isn't even that bad but the sherpa-derp gun needs tweaking.

Cobra 6

ValkyrionX #4 Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44735 battles

the choices of development of the wg are always very senseless and questionable, the grille 15 is fine as it is and does not need any change; he is a good TD and covers his role well.

as regards the is4 it is not clear why it is so difficult to improve the cannon (reducing the dispersion and decreasing the aim time) and above all by rumbling the stupid weakspot on the roof of the turret.
bringing the st1 to tier X does not make any logical sense, it would make sense to instead insert the st2 as tier X if they have in mind to remove the is4 as the final carriage of the technological line.
in any case I repeat that buffing the IS4 features is the easiest and most logical solution to make it more playable and competitive.

I will never understand the choices of the developers of this game and what their stupid solutions derive from.
This indicates that they do not have a long-term view of their game and that sooner or later WOT, as well as not listening to us that every day we write on the forum, will take the road of decline (as it is already happening)

ValkyrionX #5 Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44735 battles

they should also worry about improving the poor obj260 which has a really low and uncompetitive dpm and (like the is4) a weakspot with no logical sense on the roof of the turret.

they should think about developing maps much more studied and above all with decent dimensions to consist of playing comfortably each class of tanks to all 30 players of a random battle and not small and old maps (developed for lower tiers) that we still have in the rotation of the maps and that they sincerely have broken balls.

releasing a basic editor with very low graphic settings and low memory consumption could give a new boost to the shedding of new maps created directly by the players.
Many games that I used in the past allowed, thanks to tools like this, to return to the limelight and to increase the number of maps and their quality and above all increased the involvement of the base players
If I were a developer of the wg at the present time I would not be happy with the state of the game and I would not be happy with the choices made in the development.
They have lost 5 years for the full hd maps but the gameplay is always the same and the maps are all disgusting, the balance of the tanks is always a problem as the artillery do not understand why they remain in the game or because the buff them at each patch without saying it publicly ... they have a really good game in their hands but they develop it as real incompetents. The only good thing seen in these years is the frontline mode, which I had the pleasure of testing almost a year ago in the server of private tests with tier X and 2 FL special maps, otherwise only rubbish and a few ideas developed badly.

Simeon85 #6 Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:46 AM

Major

• Player
  • 1097 battles

Not sure they are saying the Grille is going to be replaced, seems to be suggesting on the other blogs that it's getting rebalanced because it is shown with a new turret. 

Just give it a fully rotating turret and better camo, then it'll probably be fine. Maybe better turret dispersion as well.

When it first came out if was too good, particularly as it could rush to positions with the meds and blap someone for 750, now it's fairly weak after the nerfs so they need to get it back to somewhere between. 

ValkyrionX #7 Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44735 battles

View PostSimeon85, on 26 July 2018 - 08:46 AM, said:

Not sure they are saying the Grille is going to be replaced, seems to be suggesting on the other blogs that it's getting rebalanced because it is shown with a new turret. 

Just give it a fully rotating turret and better camo, then it'll probably be fine. Maybe better turret dispersion as well.

When it first came out if was too good, particularly as it could rush to positions with the meds and blap someone for 750, now it's fairly weak after the nerfs so they need to get it back to somewhere between. 

grille 15 is not a weak tank. is a good td that cover very well its role in the game.

we all know that the buffs of the wg often end up creating monsters ... so absolutely NO

do you remember how the grille 15 in the past was totally broken? 

Edited by ValkyrionX, 26 July 2018 - 08:50 AM.

Simeon85 #8 Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:58 AM

Major

• Player
  • 1097 battles

View PostValkyrionX, on 26 July 2018 - 08:49 AM, said:

grille 15 is not a weak tank. is a good td that cover very well its role in the game.

we all know that the buffs of the wg often end up creating monsters ... so absolutely NO

do you remember how the grille 15 in the past was totally broken? 

Yeh it is -

Posted Image

There are probably weaker tier 10s, like the tier 10 lights some of the paper meds but it's not very strong.

It struggles in the meta because the maps are too restrictive and it has no armour, it only stays somewhat viable because it has 750 alpha and decent mobility. 

The Grille 15 was also not broken, it was just a little too good. Old Grille 15 would still not be very good, it would still be way behind something like the 268v4 or a 430U. 

The only real issue about the Grille 15 when it first came out was that is was able to rush to frontline positions catching meds and lights out with 750 alpha hits, they should have knocked the top speed down a little and left it at that.

I don't think in it's original state it would be close to OP anymore. 

Schepel #9 Posted 26 July 2018 - 10:51 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 59630 battles
I very much doubt the reliability of this source. This seems to be a rehash of old rumours, probably in the hopes of some views.

StinkyStonky #10 Posted 26 July 2018 - 11:04 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 28329 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

Of my 13 tier 10s that I've ground out with blood, seat, tears and premium account, these two are my big disappointments.

The Grille 15 has no redeeming features other than it can get itself into trouble quickly.  No armour, poor camo, poor view range, bad aim, and lack lustre pen and alpha.  The German "Glass Cannon" tree was one of the very first I started grinding as everyone claimed that although the grind was hard, at top tiers it was worth it.  Then they introduced the 15 and killed it.

The IS-4 I just can't make work.  It's armour should be good (it's supposed to be the heavily armoured russian heavy line) but I seem to get penned L/R & Centre.  As for the gun ... SMH.

I keep them in the hope that WG will "fix" them some day.  In the mean time I'm very tempted to re-train the crews to some lower tier re-buy and go for some gun marks/clubbing.

FizzleMcSnizzle #11 Posted 26 July 2018 - 11:15 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5280 battles
If Grille gets removed it will likely get replaced by something even more fictitious. Can't wait for the next unlikely [edited]effort from WG.

Balc0ra #12 Posted 26 July 2018 - 11:16 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66269 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Don't speak the lingo, but there are a ton of different stories about this so far and what will happen to them. And all just theories that change some aspects each time it's told. As so far someone only found the models for them. And none of them have shared any stats etc to even say if it's more then just the model that got changed. Or if there are nerfs or buffs to even the IS-4's gun etc. 

That and WG have not said a word about it for me to "panic" about it yet. As the last they talked about the IS-4 it was about replacing it, with the ST-II. And last time they talked about the Grille, they simply said they would either replace or alter it. That was over a year ago tho.  Either way, I really don't care as I've hardly played my Grille 15. As I found it... not that interesting. So alter might not be a bad idea in my book. 

Andrasan89 #13 Posted 26 July 2018 - 11:53 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6762 battles

View PostValkyrionX, on 26 July 2018 - 08:39 AM, said:

they should also worry about improving the poor obj260 which has a really low and uncompetitive dpm and (like the is4) a weakspot with no logical sense on the roof of the turret.

*edit

Edited by Mlddim, 26 July 2018 - 06:16 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

OneSock #14 Posted 26 July 2018 - 01:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34880 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostCobra6, on 26 July 2018 - 07:55 AM, said:

I really do not see what is so difficult in improving the gun handling of the IS-4.......honestly that is the only buff it needs as the current potato canon it has does not cut it anymore in the 2018 version of WoT.

The armor works fine if you have any skill in angling and the mobility isn't even that bad but the sherpa-derp gun needs tweaking.

Cobra 6

tend to disagree here. The armour is "ok" if you are taking hits from a single specific direction you can angle to. As soon as you start taking hits from multiple directions it lacks the agility to make quick angling adjustments or mobility to move and better use the turret etc.

IMO it either needs better hull armour or better mobility. 

Sergeant_Antaro_Chronus #15 Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13975 battles
  • [EL-G] EL-G
If Grille gets removed, WG will bring back the Waffle-tractor to balance the Type 5  :trollface:

Balc0ra #16 Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66269 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostSergeant_Antaro_Chronus, on 26 July 2018 - 02:14 PM, said:

If Grille gets removed, WG will bring back the Waffle-tractor to balance the Type 5  :trollface:

Tbh... It was removed as most did whine about it being capable of clipping a Maus from full HP to zero. But I doubt as many will complain if it comes to balance the Type 5 that it clips in less then 8 seconds. 

lnfernaI #17 Posted 26 July 2018 - 03:25 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 28862 battles
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE

View PostSchepel, on 26 July 2018 - 11:51 AM, said:

I very much doubt the reliability of this source. This seems to be a rehash of old rumours, probably in the hopes of some views.

The particular guy has talked to WG staff and devs numerous times,along with other russian streamers. I don't see a particular reason for expressing doubt.

Maauru #18 Posted 26 July 2018 - 03:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18944 battles
  • [WUUT] WUUT

View PostSergeant_Antaro_Chronus, on 26 July 2018 - 02:14 PM, said:

Original WTE-100 gun on RHM Borsig.

So you can clip Type5/Maus without being spotted :)

FluffyRedFox #19 Posted 26 July 2018 - 03:44 PM

General

• Player
  • 22967 battles

View PostSchepel, on 26 July 2018 - 09:51 AM, said:

Just check the test server when its back up, the icons for the IS-4 and Grille 15 have changed :P

ValkyrionX #20 Posted 26 July 2018 - 03:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44735 battles

View PostAndrasan89, on 26 July 2018 - 11:53 AM, said:

*edit

your comment with no content seems to be that of a 15-year-old boy at a burping contest

compare obj260 to a stupid wagon and with totally different characteristics such as type5 does not make sense, and especially as the server statistics show the type 5 despite the explosive cannon is a balanced tank that you believe it or not .. probably a neophyte of this game with even 10 thousand games should be a little silent

learn education, *edit

Edited by Mlddim, 26 July 2018 - 06:20 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users