Jump to content


Object 279 SuperTest Version II - NERF

USSR T10 HT Premium Nerf

  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

undutchable80 #1 Posted 26 July 2018 - 09:40 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 8267 battles
  • 2,136
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014

Source: https://thearmoredpa...ject-279-early/

 

Object 279 seems to have been nerfed since its original release on Supertest:

Hull armor: 310 / 214 / 100 mm -> 170 / 130 / 90 mm
Turret armor: 305 / 217 / 90 mm -> 300 / 140 / 90 mm

 

Alpha: 490 / 490 / 640 -> 440 / 440 / 530
Pen: 313 / 390 / 65 mm -> 258 / 340 / 68 mm
Reload time: 6,25 -> 5,95 rounds/minute
DPM: 3066 -> 2622
Reload time: 9,58 s -> 10,06 s
Accuracy at 100 m: 0,336 -> 0,364
Aiming time: 1,44 s -> 2,4 s

 

Funny tidbit:

 



leggasiini #2 Posted 26 July 2018 - 09:47 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 15233 battles
  • 6,240
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    12-01-2012

Nah, it's not the Object 279; it's the Object 726; just renamed to "Object 279 early" for no good reason. The real Object 279 is still not gonna come to the game (yet).

 

Original stats:

 

Looks like they nerfed the armor and gun handling quite a bit, though, so I guess that's something. My guess that it's a reward tank.



Cobra6 #3 Posted 26 July 2018 - 09:50 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16345 battles
  • 16,016
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

It still has a boat shaped hull so it will still eat all your shots like the T-22 did, and some of the new Russian heavies do.

 

Cobra 6



undutchable80 #4 Posted 26 July 2018 - 09:58 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 8267 battles
  • 2,136
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014

View Postleggasiini, on 26 July 2018 - 09:47 AM, said:

Nah, it's not the Object 279; it's the Object 726; just renamed to "Object 279 early" for no good reason. The real Object 279 is still not gonna come to the game (yet).

 

[...] My guess that it's a reward tank.

 

Potayto / potahto. So the REAL 279 most likely wont be released, but its completely non-extistent younger brother the 276 probably will. Gotta love creativity. :P

 

I guess it will be a 2.0 PM reward tank too - and if they release this as a T10 premium for sale, then they better release the Chieftain Mk.6 first!:izmena:



Ubervold #5 Posted 26 July 2018 - 10:10 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21539 battles
  • 572
  • Member since:
    09-01-2012
Enough with all the new russian supertanks, give some tlc to the other nations as well, this is not making the game more fun or adding more value to the game since there already are so many russian tanks.

Simeon85 #6 Posted 26 July 2018 - 10:47 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 1097 battles
  • 3,663
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostCobra6, on 26 July 2018 - 09:50 AM, said:

It still has a boat shaped hull so it will still eat all your shots like the T-22 did, and some of the new Russian heavies do.

 

Cobra 6

 

Yeh this is the issue, even with those nerfed armour thicknesses most of that armour is all highly sloped so a lot of it is likely to be super strong or autobounce anyway. 

 

Shame if it is the tier 10 reward as it means it's another Soviet tier 10 tank, and we already have 14 of those. 



undutchable80 #7 Posted 26 July 2018 - 10:59 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 8267 battles
  • 2,136
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014

View PostUbervold, on 26 July 2018 - 10:10 AM, said:

Enough with all the new russian supertanks, give some tlc to the other nations as well, this is not making the game more fun or adding more value to the game since there already are so many russian tanks.

 

Couldnt agree more

FizzleMcSnizzle #8 Posted 26 July 2018 - 11:24 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7281 battles
  • 476
  • Member since:
    05-21-2018
In case you hadn't noticed, WG pretty much despises its Western cash cows. Spend any time in the craphole that is the test server, and you will find the same attitude from the delightful RU players. They can't get enough of the bias.
The Chieftain, if it is ever released, will be a very pale shadow of its real world counterpart (more reliable engine aside). Think Centurion. The Russians would never stand for it being the best tank, nor even close. Nerfed to hell within a patch or two, it would annoy you every time you played it.

Andrasan89 #9 Posted 26 July 2018 - 11:30 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6795 battles
  • 416
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

ok, wellcome...

but WEAKPOINTS??

 

all stats are irrelevant untill we have a 3d model to see its weakpoints. If those areas are missing AGAIN its useless, if are proper designed it can keep even old values on armor for example. All what it needs are WEAKPOITS. proper ones not P2W ones / aka weak only for gold !!


Edited by Andrasan89, 26 July 2018 - 11:30 AM.


FluffyRedFox #10 Posted 26 July 2018 - 03:27 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23990 battles
  • 8,718
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-05-2012

View PostAndrasan89, on 26 July 2018 - 10:30 AM, said:

 All what it needs are WEAKPOITS. proper ones not P2W ones / aka weak only for gold !!

Well, just take a look at the tank itself - No lower plate at all, and both cupolas are tiny and short.

My guess is that they'll nerf it to the point that its still auto-bounce to standard rounds, but make it weak enough that HEAT can go through the upper plate. 

Imo these kind of tanks just shouldn't be added to the game as they're practically impossible to balance in a way that is fun to play with and against.



LordMuffin #11 Posted 26 July 2018 - 05:14 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 48529 battles
  • 11,268
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011
It is quite amazing that some guy actually thought that first set of stats would be balanced... talk about having absolutely no clue about balance in WoT.

Why else would they test it with those stats...

LordMuffin #12 Posted 26 July 2018 - 05:15 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 48529 battles
  • 11,268
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostAndrasan89, on 26 July 2018 - 11:30 AM, said:

ok, wellcome...

but WEAKPOINTS??

 

all stats are irrelevant untill we have a 3d model to see its weakpoints. If those areas are missing AGAIN its useless, if are proper designed it can keep even old values on armor for example. All what it needs are WEAKPOITS. proper ones not P2W ones / aka weak only for gold !!

The latest instalments of WG tanks are something to go by, no weakspots will be found on the tank.



Yaccay #13 Posted 26 July 2018 - 05:58 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 33468 battles
  • 2,032
  • [4TL] 4TL
  • Member since:
    11-21-2012

Oh dear!

With that 2 extra tracks, there is no place (there is not enough place) for engine, fuel, crew and ammo.

 

Btw, this tank will be a reward tank?

 



Andrasan89 #14 Posted 26 July 2018 - 07:29 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6795 battles
  • 416
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostFluffyRedFox, on 26 July 2018 - 03:27 PM, said:

Well, just take a look at the tank itself - No lower plate at all, and both cupolas are tiny and short.

My guess is that they'll nerf it to the point that its still auto-bounce to standard rounds, but make it weak enough that HEAT can go through the upper plate. 

Imo these kind of tanks just shouldn't be added to the game as they're practically impossible to balance in a way that is fun to play with and against.

 

Central tracks can act like a LFP and problem solved. Of course if are modeled with a hitbox behind this spaced armor from tracks, decent armor, what means LESS than 150mm on this hitbox, and cupolas with max 100mm of armor due to their size i dont see anything too wrong with this tank.

Just do this, add those weakpoints atleast and its decent.

Balance solved...but IT NEEDS WEAKPOINTS.


Edited by Andrasan89, 26 July 2018 - 07:30 PM.


malaquey #15 Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:28 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 30205 battles
  • 202
  • Member since:
    01-03-2013

View PostLordMuffin, on 26 July 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

It is quite amazing that some guy actually thought that first set of stats would be balanced... talk about having absolutely no clue about balance in WoT.

Why else would they test it with those stats...

 

I think it was intentional.

 

by giving it ridiculous stats first then nerf it slightly will justify any OP parameters it may have afterwards.

 

smart



PoIestar #16 Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:50 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 32157 battles
  • 4,165
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-02-2013
Good, we didn't need an even more retarded Obj 907

PoIestar #17 Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:56 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 32157 battles
  • 4,165
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-02-2013

View PostUbervold, on 26 July 2018 - 10:10 AM, said:

Enough with all the new russian supertanks, give some tlc to the other nations as well, this is not making the game more fun or adding more value to the game since there already are so many russian tanks.

 

Look at you using rational brain power to try and figure out WG's ways.

DutchBaron_ #18 Posted 26 July 2018 - 09:14 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 10885 battles
  • 171
  • [FDAD] FDAD
  • Member since:
    10-06-2016

View PostPoIestar, on 26 July 2018 - 08:56 PM, said:

 

Look at you using rational brain power to try and figure out WG's ways.

You need to have at least a pint of wodka to make sense of WG's ways :)



Andrasan89 #19 Posted 27 July 2018 - 02:02 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6795 battles
  • 416
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

well..if this tank will look like this and its not just a fail of tanks.gg i really can call it BALANCED :great:

Spoiler

 

sure, external tracks can be modified like any other to be just spaced armor without hitbox inside...but central tracks if are really designed like this just HATS OFF WG ! Yes, can contain some armor too but just keep them WEAKPOINTS and your tank is BALANCED.


Edited by Andrasan89, 27 July 2018 - 02:37 PM.






Also tagged with USSR, T10, HT, Premium, Nerf

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users