Refunding in game premium vehicles after rebalances

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

RupFicatu #1 Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31127 battles
Changing a vehicle characteristics in time doesn't affect the contract between user and a company is there any rule that says that?I mean if I get a vehicle for it's type of characteristics and it gets modified over time that doesn't violate the user goods?Can we get a trade in program for that or in game gold refund for specific vehicle?:izmena:

Enforcer1975 #2 Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:38 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20952 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG
They should nerf any tank premium or not if it's too broken.

vasilinhorulezz #3 Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22813 battles

When they buffed the t34-85m and made it the best tier 6 tank,

did you ask for a refund?

RupFicatu #4 Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31127 battles
I don't care about that giveaway tank when u pay real money for something that gets modified in time , would you rather think to still buy it?

arthurwellsley #5 Posted 26 July 2018 - 03:07 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 52133 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostRupFicatu, on 26 July 2018 - 01:36 PM, said:

Changing a vehicle characteristics in time doesn't affect the contract between user and a company is there any rule that says that?I mean if I get a vehicle for it's type of characteristics and it gets modified over time that doesn't violate the user goods?Can we get a trade in program for that or in game gold refund for specific vehicle?:izmena:

Legally a company are entitled to modify your pixel experience to improve something you purchased for real money. If however, they make it worse then they must give you your cash back. This rule only applies to pixels rented when the consumer purchased the rental of the pixels for hard cash.

Edited by arthurwellsley, 26 July 2018 - 10:17 PM.

Effing_Drako #6 Posted 26 July 2018 - 03:07 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 27013 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostRupFicatu, on 26 July 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

I don't care about that giveaway tank when u pay real money for something that gets modified in time , would you rather think to still buy it?

But they sold it for money at one point

vasilinhorulezz #7 Posted 26 July 2018 - 03:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22813 battles

The point is, the last time they nerfed a premium was the SP, and we all know how well that went (refund frenzy),

so no, they haven't and probably don't intend to nerf a premium, so stop whining in the forum and asking for refunds,

for supposed nerfs to tanks you bought.

Tankistu #8 Posted 26 July 2018 - 04:38 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26976 battles

What contract did you sign? I don't recall signing any.

And as long as you know that the game is not final and it's being constantly updated, then you took a risk as a buyer.

The game is not final and so your tank's performance is not final.

BTW, the rule of thumb is to play a premium tank A LOT once you buy it because it won't stay as it is. It will get nerfed/power-creeped. And don't sell your premium tanks no matter how frustrated you are with them (like I once did), because (some) will likely be re-buffed a few years later.

Robbie_T #9 Posted 26 July 2018 - 04:44 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16980 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Is this about the Preff mm update?????

You cant cry the only thing they changed is to buff it!!

BUT BETTER READ THE ARTCICLE the tanks keep there pref MM and they get a minor buff!!!

Robbie_T #10 Posted 26 July 2018 - 04:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16980 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostRupFicatu, on 26 July 2018 - 02:36 PM, said:

View PostRupFicatu, on 26 July 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

Is this about the Preff mm update?????

You cant cry the only thing they changed is to buff it!!

BUT BETTER READ THE ARTCICLE the tanks keep there pref MM and they get a minor buff!!!

............and with these guys you get teamed up ......

Edited by Robbie_T, 26 July 2018 - 04:48 PM.

Dorander #11 Posted 26 July 2018 - 04:52 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18669 battles

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 26 July 2018 - 01:39 PM, said:

When they buffed the t34-85m and made it the best tier 6 tank,

did you ask for a refund?

What does that have to do with anything? You're not obligated to ask for a refund if you don't desire one, in consumer sales you have the right to undo a contract under specific terms (such as the other party not upholding their end of the bargain), not the obligation to undo the contract. You can just accept the changes whether they are positive or negative.

View PostTankistu, on 26 July 2018 - 03:38 PM, said:

What contract did you sign? I don't recall signing any.

Not all contracts are signed. Sales agreements are by definition contracts. It doesn't matter that you never put a signature anywhere, there's a written agreement, a transfer of goods/services/wealth, and contract laws governing the transaction. In this case the equivalent of signing is the consumer making the payment.

Tankistu #12 Posted 26 July 2018 - 06:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26976 battles

View PostDorander, on 26 July 2018 - 03:52 PM, said:

Not all contracts are signed. Sales agreements are by definition contracts. It doesn't matter that you never put a signature anywhere, there's a written agreement, a transfer of goods/services/wealth, and contract laws governing the transaction. In this case the equivalent of signing is the consumer making the payment.

Well, I did a brief search and according to the WoT Terms of Service, you may cancel a purchase within 14 days without giving a reason.

After that period expires your buyer's remorse no longer matters. 

Orkbert #13 Posted 26 July 2018 - 06:47 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25882 battles

I mean if I get a vehicle for it's type of characteristics and it gets modified over time that doesn't violate the user goods?

But having played thousands of battles with a premium tank effectively for free (which would a full refund actually amount to as well, something the refund-whiners tend to gloss over) doesn't violate anything?

Mr_Burrows #14 Posted 26 July 2018 - 07:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45719 battles

View PostOrkbert, on 26 July 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

But having played thousands of battles with a premium tank effectively for free (which would a full refund actually amount to as well, something the refund-whiners tend to gloss over) doesn't violate anything?

Nope, consumers rights are strong within the EU. Having an item altered so that it significantly alters its characteristics at the same time as you have to pay for the change (which was WG's original and brilliant idea) is or at least seems to be against EU law. Quite simple. 

So gloss away. 

Dorander #15 Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:50 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18669 battles

View PostTankistu, on 26 July 2018 - 05:04 PM, said:

Well, I did a brief search and according to the WoT Terms of Service, you may cancel a purchase within 14 days without giving a reason.

After that period expires your buyer's remorse no longer matters. 

That is correct, this is typical for Internet-purchased goods and is actually because of an EU contract law regarding consumer purchases bought without seeing the product first, so you'll find this is the case with every online purchase. The basic idea is that because you did not get a chance to properly examine the product (as you would in a store), you cannot make a fully informed decision about what you purchased until it is bought and delivered, so you have the right to change your mind no and dissolve the contract matter what the seller wants.

You are also correct that after that buyer's remorse no longer matters, but if after that 14 day period your product somehow changes and is no longer the product you purchased and concluded you received within that 14 day period, it's not a case of buyer's remorse. It's a case of the product being mispresented as something other than what it currently is.

I know there's a lot of weird whining going on about people's rights, but the changing of purchased products is the one time I sincerely think the community has a fair point about the legal consequences of the proposed changes, which is probably why Wargaming decided to persue a different path after all (taking various poster's words for granted that they are not going through with the Prem-MM removal).

Tankistu #16 Posted 26 July 2018 - 09:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26976 battles

View PostDorander, on 26 July 2018 - 07:50 PM, said:

That is correct, this is typical for Internet-purchased goods and is actually because of an EU contract law regarding consumer purchases bought without seeing the product first, so you'll find this is the case with every online purchase. The basic idea is that because you did not get a chance to properly examine the product (as you would in a store), you cannot make a fully informed decision about what you purchased until it is bought and delivered, so you have the right to change your mind no and dissolve the contract matter what the seller wants.

You are also correct that after that buyer's remorse no longer matters, but if after that 14 day period your product somehow changes and is no longer the product you purchased and concluded you received within that 14 day period, it's not a case of buyer's remorse. It's a case of the product being mispresented as something other than what it currently is.

I know there's a lot of weird whining going on about people's rights, but the changing of purchased products is the one time I sincerely think the community has a fair point about the legal consequences of the proposed changes, which is probably why Wargaming decided to persue a different path after all (taking various poster's words for granted that they are not going through with the Prem-MM removal).

The product doesn't change, others do. Other tanks change, or new tech trees are added.

Since he bought the tank knowing that this is not a fully complete game, set in stone, but one that is undergoing ongoing updates, and he didn't use the 14-day cancellation period, he doesn't have much of a case.

Homer_J #17 Posted 26 July 2018 - 09:53 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29674 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Is there something specific you are complaining about?

The only recent announcement of changes is that some premium tanks will be made slightly better.  If you think that deserves a refund then.... I don't know what to say which won't get me a forum ban.

Edited by Homer_J, 26 July 2018 - 09:53 PM.

unhappy_bunny #18 Posted 26 July 2018 - 11:04 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18576 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

You could do what another player has done and request your money back via Paypal (assuming you paid that way).He has had his money back and his account locked. Do a search of the forum for Tr0glodyte and you can read all anout his exploits. He is an expert on getting your money back from WG. 

Bexleyheath #19 Posted 27 July 2018 - 12:01 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5844 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

What people like the OP needs to know is that with all DLC in all games, you're not actually buying any kind of product. In legal and technical terms, what you do is pay for limited rights to access a part of the game that isnt otherwise accessible. WG are perfectly free to modify premium tanks in any way they see fit.

I only wish they would rebalance premium tanks more often. Most of them seem to be utterly useless in the current state of the game.

Balc0ra #20 Posted 27 July 2018 - 12:44 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67337 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostRupFicatu, on 26 July 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

Change? As in even buffs? That's a change too. If you want a refund on your IS-6 or T26E4's planned armor and pen buff. Then go ahead. As they are keeping their +1 MM. I doubt many will ask for a refund when their +1 MM tank gets 202mm pen. It had 170mm pen when I bought it back in the day. 

They have given a refund one time. But that was due to a nerf on the premium tank. But after that, they have only buffed premiums. They wanted to buff the KV-5 this time too, but the change to the MM characteristic was considered a nerf. So they did consider a refund. But that change was scrapped. As now it will still be buffed, but it's MM remains the same. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users