Jump to content


Why is there a recommended specific order of which skills crew are trained?

crew training crew skills

  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

DankSpirit #1 Posted 26 July 2018 - 05:24 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1956 battles
  • 26
  • Member since:
    03-25-2018
ive been watching alot of tank guides by luckyleopard recently (because i find them entertaining and i am in fact a dummy) and i notice that he states the order of crew training very specificly, usually starting with repairs or concealment dependent on the tank, then sixth sense and all the stuff that comes with that (again dependent on the tank) then brothers in arms after that, all while reseting each one after they have finished training. why is this? im just so curious if anyone could help me here.

Nethraniel #2 Posted 26 July 2018 - 05:27 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 12553 battles
  • 1,617
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

The recommendations come from the difference between skills and perks.

 

 

Skills work from the beginning, and are getting stronger, the more % they have (camo and repairs e.g.)

Perks only work if they are at 100% and in case of BiA only if all crewmembers have it.


 

That is why most guides recommend to train a skill to 100% and than swap it out with a perk, starting again with a skill, that works all the way through the training.



LordMuffin #3 Posted 26 July 2018 - 06:08 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 48080 battles
  • 10,876
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View Postp3n15n355, on 26 July 2018 - 05:24 PM, said:

ive been watching alot of tank guides by luckyleopard recently (because i find them entertaining and i am in fact a dummy) and i notice that he states the order of crew training very specificly, usually starting with repairs or concealment dependent on the tank, then sixth sense and all the stuff that comes with that (again dependent on the tank) then brothers in arms after that, all while reseting each one after they have finished training. why is this? im just so curious if anyone could help me here.

Since I don't reset for gold (reset for credits have a to high toll), I usually do.

Six sense + repairs on first.

Repairs is the best skill after six sense on all tanks except a few lights and TDs.

Then Brothers in Arms. 

Then Concealment for lights, mediums and TDs in general.

Then different view range and gun handling skills.

 



Wintermute_1 #4 Posted 26 July 2018 - 06:43 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 42956 battles
  • 1,228
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013
A lot of the crew skills are useless and some only hold marginal benefits. Of the few useful ones left a natural order emerges from the fact that you want 6th sense asap and BIA doesnt work without the commander also having it.

Jamadeus #5 Posted 26 July 2018 - 06:59 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 17430 battles
  • 170
  • [LOC-X] LOC-X
  • Member since:
    02-19-2015

Have a look here.

TankSchmidt also has a very good guide to crew XP - worth a read.


Edited by Jamadeus, 26 July 2018 - 07:01 PM.


DankSpirit #6 Posted 26 July 2018 - 07:11 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1956 battles
  • 26
  • Member since:
    03-25-2018

thanks alot, thats what i thought might be, but i wasnt sure

:D



Jigabachi #7 Posted 26 July 2018 - 07:13 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17858 battles
  • 18,583
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

The answer is as simple as obvious: Training skills costs more and more EXP and thus time and there are good and bad skills, so you first want to train the important ones and then the ones who are just a "nice to have"-kind-of bonus.

 

btw: Is there a certain reason why you have a [male sexual oegan] in your nickname?


Edited by Jigabachi, 26 July 2018 - 07:17 PM.


DankSpirit #8 Posted 26 July 2018 - 07:14 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1956 battles
  • 26
  • Member since:
    03-25-2018

View PostLordMuffin, on 26 July 2018 - 06:08 PM, said:

Since I don't reset for gold (reset for credits have a to high toll), I usually do.

Six sense + repairs on first.

Repairs is the best skill after six sense on all tanks except a few lights and TDs.

Then Brothers in Arms. 

Then Concealment for lights, mediums and TDs in general.

Then different view range and gun handling skills.

 

 

i put repairs on my t54 mod 1 because its kinda heavy, is this wrong, btw is this russian bias? this tank play litterally every single class ever, ive blocked thousands of damage, dealt thousands of damage sometimes from long range ang gotten tons of spotting damage in different games before lmao

LordMuffin #9 Posted 26 July 2018 - 09:00 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 48080 battles
  • 10,876
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View Postp3n15n355, on 26 July 2018 - 07:14 PM, said:

 

i put repairs on my t54 mod 1 because its kinda heavy, is this wrong, btw is this russian bias? this tank play litterally every single class ever, ive blocked thousands of damage, dealt thousands of damage sometimes from long range ang gotten tons of spotting damage in different games before lmao

On that tank I would go.

Repairs + SS first 

BIA second. 

Camo third with repairs on commander.



kaneloon #10 Posted 26 July 2018 - 09:26 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27362 battles
  • 1,299
  • [OBLIC] OBLIC
  • Member since:
    11-18-2011

With the 1 minute repair kit reset I don't really see the point in starting with the repair skill.

For 1500 credits (I buy hundreds on sale) you have an instant repair, much more useful. If not in immediate danger you can wait a few seconds more.

I think that camo, bia or other skills are of more use.

But everyone do as he prefers ...



Cobra6 #11 Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:55 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • 15,550
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

Those orders are there because there is a minority of skills which are very important and the rest is utter trash.

 

Cobra 6







Also tagged with crew training, crew skills

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users