Jump to content


why all Premium med tanks turret be 252 but fv4202 have 200 armor turret


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

alisharafian #1 Posted 27 July 2018 - 06:54 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 22847 battles
  • 6
  • Member since:
    04-19-2016

when line U.K buff fv4202 buffed but  turret buffed to 200 because be balance with new buff u.k line med  but after this all new  Premium tanks turret armor 252 and fv just have 200 in battles when fv vs 5.1 or victoria  they can easy use turret and fv cant

 



Cobra6 #2 Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:54 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16345 battles
  • 16,034
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

You know what, stop complaining about the Fv2402 as it's a pretty competitive vehicle nowadays.

 

The Chieftain/T95 medium tank (also British) is still sitting there with a huge massive enormous cupola on a 220 armor turret that only has 50mm of armor so no one will *EVER* shoot the turret and you will always be penetrated even by the smallest guns this tank meets.

If any tank should receive an armor buff it should be this tank.

 

Cobra 6



undutchable80 #3 Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:13 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 8328 battles
  • 2,136
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014

View Postalisharafian, on 27 July 2018 - 06:54 AM, said:

when line U.K buff fv4202 buffed but  turret buffed to 200 because be balance with new buff u.k line med  but after this all new  Premium tanks turret armor 252 and fv just have 200 in battles when fv vs 5.1 or victoria  they can easy use turret and fv cant

 

 

View PostCobra6, on 27 July 2018 - 07:54 AM, said:

You know what, stop complaining about the Fv2402 as it's a pretty competitive vehicle nowadays.

 

The Chieftain/T95 medium tank (also British) is still sitting there with a huge massive enormous cupola on a 220 armor turret that only has 50mm of armor so no one will *EVER* shoot the turret and you will always be penetrated even by the smallest guns this tank meets.

If any tank should receive an armor buff it should be this tank.

 

Cobra 6

 

Dream big and wish for both! :B

PervyPastryPuffer #4 Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:57 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 31635 battles
  • 2,407
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

Instead of complaining how it has too little armor, you should start complaining about the fact most mediums have turrets as strong as heavy tanks! IT'S ABSURD!

 

Not to mention the penetrations at tier 10... More pen than a heavy? DAFUQ M8???



Cobra6 #5 Posted 27 July 2018 - 10:34 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16345 battles
  • 16,034
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 27 July 2018 - 07:57 AM, said:

Not to mention the penetrations at tier 10... More pen than a heavy? DAFUQ M8???

 

Actually, this does make perfect sense. 

Heavies engage at relative close range whereas mediums engage mid- to long range. Since the penetration drops off over range mediums need a higher base penetration value to compensate for the ranges they engage at.

 

To be completely honest, this principle should already start at tier 7, not at tier 9.

 

Cobra 6


Edited by Cobra6, 27 July 2018 - 10:34 AM.


PervyPastryPuffer #6 Posted 27 July 2018 - 11:06 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 31635 battles
  • 2,407
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostCobra6, on 27 July 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

Actually, this does make perfect sense. 

Heavies engage at relative close range whereas mediums engage mid- to long range. Since the penetration drops off over range mediums need a higher base penetration value to compensate for the ranges they engage at.

 

To be completely honest, this principle should already start at tier 7, not at tier 9.

 

Cobra 6

 

Yeah but penetrating clean through the frontal hull armor of a heavy? While angled? If meds are engaging mid-to-long range targets, surely they would see their sides most of the time, so they don't need that much pen anyway...

Search_Warrant #7 Posted 27 July 2018 - 11:10 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 27722 battles
  • 6,435
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011
Only thing need buffing on the brit meds is that god awefull 20 pounder aimtime.

Negativvv #8 Posted 27 July 2018 - 11:34 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9611 battles
  • 1,134
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-08-2015

View PostCobra6, on 27 July 2018 - 07:54 AM, said:

You know what, stop complaining about the Fv2402 as it's a pretty competitive vehicle nowadays.

 

 

 

That new Centurion 5/1 power creeps the FV hard. It's basically a better FV and leaves a nasty taste for someone who previously bought an FV.

 

Still not even saying the FV should be buffed, it's just questionable business practice from WG. I wouldn't trade it in on principle of losing 50% of original price and WG won't ever hand out a refund.



Search_Warrant #9 Posted 27 July 2018 - 11:36 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 27722 battles
  • 6,435
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011

View PostNegativvv, on 27 July 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

 

That new Centurion 5/1 power creeps the FV hard. It's basically a better FV and leaves a nasty taste for someone who previously bought an FV.

 

Still not even saying the FV should be buffed, it's just questionable business practice from WG. I wouldn't trade it in on principle of losing 50% of original price and WG won't ever hand out a refund.

 

It powercreeps the tech tree Cent AND the Primo too. disgusting business, WG.

Negativvv #10 Posted 27 July 2018 - 11:57 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9611 battles
  • 1,134
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-08-2015

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 27 July 2018 - 11:36 AM, said:

 

It powercreeps the tech tree Cent AND the Primo too. disgusting business, WG.

Forgot about those as I've only been stung by the FV :trollface:

 

Funny how Primo power crept FV then suffered the same fate awhile after. It's awful of WG as they're assuming people will be too dumb or desperate to care their previous purchases have been superceded by a direct replacement. Maybe not Primo as it's Swedish.

 

I guess you could say the same about the T-44 100 vs the T-54 Mod 1. Both very similar vehicles but I don't believe the T-44 100 is that much better than the Mod 1 to get angry about.



Cobra6 #11 Posted 27 July 2018 - 12:00 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16345 battles
  • 16,034
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 27 July 2018 - 10:06 AM, said:

 

Yeah but penetrating clean through the frontal hull armor of a heavy? While angled? If meds are engaging mid-to-long range targets, surely they would see their sides most of the time, so they don't need that much pen anyway...

 

Ideally yes, yet the map design does not permit long range flaking to areas where one gets side-shots. Pretty much *ALWAYS* you will have to engage heavies frontally as most maps are just a set of 3 glorified corridors.

This is also why light tanks tend to struggle especially in higher tiers, there simply are no viable opportunities for flanking in most battles as critical map locations are always shielded from all sides but the front and rear.

 

View PostNegativvv, on 27 July 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

 

That new Centurion 5/1 power creeps the FV hard. It's basically a better FV and leaves a nasty taste for someone who previously bought an FV.

 

Still not even saying the FV should be buffed, it's just questionable business practice from WG. I wouldn't trade it in on principle of losing 50% of original price and WG won't ever hand out a refund.

 

So because Wargaming displays dubious morals in terms of premium tank balancing everything should be over-buffed instead of the powercreep-problem being addressed?

 

Cobra 6



Negativvv #12 Posted 27 July 2018 - 12:18 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9611 battles
  • 1,134
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-08-2015

View PostCobra6, on 27 July 2018 - 12:00 PM, said:

 

Ideally yes, yet the map design does not permit long range flaking to areas where one gets side-shots. Pretty much *ALWAYS* you will have to engage heavies frontally as most maps are just a set of 3 glorified corridors.

This is also why light tanks tend to struggle especially in higher tiers, there simply are no viable opportunities for flanking in most battles as critical map locations are always shielded from all sides but the front and rear.

 

 

So because Wargaming displays dubious morals in terms of premium tank balancing everything should be over-buffed instead of the powercreep-problem being addressed?

 

Cobra 6

Didn't say that, but maybe they shouldn't have released the 5/1 at all...

 

It's not simply power creep. It's when a tank that's a direct and better replacement for an older one is released that's annoying.

 



Cobra6 #13 Posted 27 July 2018 - 12:58 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16345 battles
  • 16,034
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

View PostNegativvv, on 27 July 2018 - 11:18 AM, said:

 

It's not simply power creep. It's when a tank that's a direct and better replacement for an older one is released that's annoying.

 

 

Well, it's fine if it's just regular tech-tree tanks in general that everyone can get.

 

When you stroll into the territory of premium tanks however it starts to become very dubious very fast as Wargaming is effectively making your digital goods worse by making everything else better.

 

Cobra 6



MD_Titus #14 Posted 27 July 2018 - 09:18 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12787 battles
  • 453
  • [VNP] VNP
  • Member since:
    05-08-2011
Which triggers the 'russian refund' and GDPR stuff.. 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users