Joke japanese medium tree

WHAT THE ACTUAL FCUK

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

ViolentCore #1 Posted 27 July 2018 - 09:38 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2859 battles

Why are the japanese medium tanks so damn worthless? 

-Practically no armor whatsoever

-cannons are made of candy, ridiculous pen worst damage of the tiers.

-no camo

-pleb mobility compared to other medium

Is this, in some way a gruesome trolling of wg to the players? Seriously, there is NONE medium japanese tank in games.. NONE. I saw 1 Chi ri in one month playing since i got  back. Are you guys gonna do something or we just sell these trolling [edited]out of the garage?

P.S. Im playing the STA 1 atm and its just useless... you cant do anything in battlefield and you are completely inhelpfull to your team. 

Edited by ViolentCore, 27 July 2018 - 09:39 AM.

herhor67 #2 Posted 27 July 2018 - 09:45 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 12620 battles
  • [RAZUR] RAZUR
Thats probably just WG's way of balancing japanese heavies.

captainpigg #3 Posted 27 July 2018 - 10:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31728 battles
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV

View PostViolentCore, on 27 July 2018 - 08:38 AM, said:

-no camo

They are mediums you know, at least they can't generally be auto-penned by HE unlike some.

Actually they have on the high end of pen throughout the line. Also have average damage as well. Plus excellent gun-dep on all as well.

Chi-Ri no, the other are average to good.

Average mobility throughout the line.

In short git-gud.

Nishi_Kinuyo #4 Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:49 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 7872 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View Postherhor67, on 27 July 2018 - 09:45 AM, said:

Thats probably just WG's way of balancing japanese heavies.

How does that even make sense when the mediums were introduced over a year before the heavies were?

Wayneable #5 Posted 27 July 2018 - 04:16 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 43690 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostViolentCore, on 27 July 2018 - 09:38 AM, said:

Why are the japanese medium tanks so damn worthless? 

-no camo

Is this, in some way a gruesome trolling of wg to the players? Seriously, there is NONE medium japanese tank in games.. NONE. I saw 1 Chi ri in one month playing since i got  back. Are you guys gonna do something or we just sell these trolling [edited]out of the garage?

P.S. Im playing the STA 1 atm and its just useless... you cant do anything in battlefield and you are completely inhelpfull to your team. 

Have you though that maybe the problem is not the tanks, but the tanker? I dont mean this as an insult or anything, but maybe you dont the skill for this tree yet. I myself had to have a break when grinding this tree. I found things got better when i got to the STA 1.

geoff99 #6 Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:58 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 38849 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

I agree that the jap medium line sucks. It was average to good when released but has been left behind by better new nations med lines and buffs to older med lines.

TBH though OP, t8 meds are hard work for experienced players. To avoid frustration I strongly recommend sticking at lower tiers for a while.

kaneloon #7 Posted 29 July 2018 - 07:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28696 battles
  • [OBLIC] OBLIC

I found the line pretty ok until STB-1.

This one you to be some kind of war genius or god of luck to use it.

Simple : everyone knows it is made of japonese paper and focus it.

When WG supposedly "buffed" it they nerfed it by adding 20 mm front turret and removing 40 mm elsewhere.

MR_FIAT #8 Posted 05 August 2018 - 12:17 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19942 battles
  • [_RBP_] _RBP_
Chi-ri is best tier 10 heavy!

SiliconSidewinder #9 Posted 05 August 2018 - 09:45 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27903 battles

Chi Ri is my new fravourite tier VII tank :child:

so yeah people like different things.

Nexuo #10 Posted 21 September 2018 - 04:28 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20580 battles
  • [DPG2] DPG2

I have been ignoring Japanese tanks for years. But i have started grinding it after WG released the Polish tanks and though they suck, also the higher tiers are heavies so that's not interesting to me.

So far I find the Japanese mediums fairly easy to grind since i'm already at the Chi-Ri with all tanks having Ace Tanker. STA-1 is probably within reach in a week.

On paper i really don't like the Japanese mediums or get warm for it. But now i have played them, there is something very useful and likeable about them for me so far!

Some good games i had in them recently during the grind: 

Chi-To: http://wotreplays.eu...o-type_4_chi-to

Chi-Ri: http://wotreplays.eu...o-type_5_chi-ri

Edited by Nexuo, 21 September 2018 - 04:35 AM.

Gardar7 #11 Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:40 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23088 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Japanese medium line is the most outdated one in the game. They have been just left behind and WG can't even remember for them. It is not a coincidence that you can meet with them very rarely throughout the battlefields. They have no real chance against newer and newer OP (premium) tanks. The real scam is the STA-2, you pay the price of a normal tier 8 premium tank and you get some useless, pathetic... thing, which doesn't even look good. 

I'm at Type 61 at the moment but I can't recal any tanks on the line which was really enjoyable to play. Maybe the tech tree Chi-Nu (Chi-Nu Kai is also garbage, thanks to the non-existent gun depression and tall body). I'm grinding them because one of my favourite tank is the Type 74 (STB-1). I'm sure that it will be a disappointment in this game, but I would like to have it in my garage. 

All in all, the only chance we will get not good, but usable, or just not miserable Japanese meds is the next year's complete rebalancing announced by WG - even though I'm not too optimist about it. Until that Japanese meds will remain the line of WoT hipsters.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users