Jump to content


I thought I encountered my first Hacker in World of Tanks, but ppl clearified my stupidity.

WoT Hacker Cheat T-44 cheating aim miss

  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Kaji0tt #1 Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:12 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 10113 battles
  • 10
  • [FI_FL] FI_FL
  • Member since:
    06-19-2011

Guys, maybe im just dumb, but i cant explain this to me and am corious if any1 have seen something like this before.

Couldnt aim at the T-44 at the very end - my gun was "jumping" up, at the moment i aimed at him. Some seconds after, the UI bugged seemed to be fixed, i shot, but as i saw my shell flying miles above im through the air, i was suspicous.
I felt confirmed as my allied heavy missed shots on the T-44, which was standing steady right in front of me.
http://wotreplays.eu..._hpanzer_sp_i_c


What do you think? Ever seen something like this?
Greetings,
Kaji0tt


Edited by Kaji0tt, 27 July 2018 - 08:38 PM.


250swb #2 Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:16 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 23153 battles
  • 5,265
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-23-2015

View PostKaji0tt, on 27 July 2018 - 06:12 PM, said:

Guys, maybe im just dumb,

 

You got it nailed.



Kaji0tt #3 Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:22 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 10113 battles
  • 10
  • [FI_FL] FI_FL
  • Member since:
    06-19-2011
Ok, i agree with you, np - did you watch the replay tho?

wsatnutter #4 Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:24 PM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 25397 battles
  • 8,056
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010

View Post250swb, on 27 July 2018 - 06:16 PM, said:

 

You got it nailed.

 

exactly this

Kaji0tt #5 Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:26 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 10113 battles
  • 10
  • [FI_FL] FI_FL
  • Member since:
    06-19-2011
You did certainly not.

Pls explain to me, why my shell flew this way, as i was aiming to a complete nother direction.

Edited by Kaji0tt, 27 July 2018 - 07:28 PM.


TANKOPPRESSION #6 Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:30 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 43520 battles
  • 829
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    04-25-2012
I thought you was going to say things have been disappearing off my desktop .

Homer_J #7 Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:30 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 29695 battles
  • 31,442
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostKaji0tt, on 27 July 2018 - 07:12 PM, said:

Guys, maybe im just dumb, but i cant explain this to me 

You explain to us how you think they managed to modify the server code to their advantage and upload it to all the servers, a feat which Wargaming struggle to do without several hours downtime.



Kaji0tt #8 Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:39 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 10113 battles
  • 10
  • [FI_FL] FI_FL
  • Member since:
    06-19-2011
I know RNG is creepy sometimes, but as i said several times, this is NOT ususal RNG. Pretty sure and I'm not that kind of guy who calls "cheater!" that often but rather doubt myself, before i call someone to be cheating.
Evenmore this is why i want to share this replay, if only ppl would actually watch it - and explain the last minute of the gameplay to me..

evilchaosmonkey #9 Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:48 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16718 battles
  • 1,756
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

No, not a hack, nor a conspiracy by WG making you lose so you buy premium.

 

It looks just like good old lag (and by lag I mean in the broader, your computer stutters sense) - possibly generated on your computer rather than the internet as the ping stayed low.

 

 

 


Edited by evilchaosmonkey, 27 July 2018 - 07:49 PM.


fwhaatpiraat #10 Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:56 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 49418 battles
  • 846
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

You did not. I don't know what made your aim go like this, might be lag or so, I dunno. That shot went sky high since your aim was kilometers behind the t44. Since the shell velocity is so potato, your shot goes sky high to reach the target in the distance. IS-3 didnt kill him cuz... I'll let you decide: https://wot-life.com...er/francois_cz/

 

:)



RamRaid90 #11 Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:17 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 22425 battles
  • 6,680
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

Look up server-side gaming.

 

Then realise how stupid you made yourself look.


Edited by RamRaid90, 27 July 2018 - 08:21 PM.


NUKLEAR_SLUG #12 Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:19 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 30529 battles
  • 2,554
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
OP,  your mistake was making a post implying someone was cheating without any proof. Had you just posted up asking why your shot went weird you'd have been fine, but you had to go there so now you'll have to accept the flack.

DuncaN_101 #13 Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:34 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 53757 battles
  • 2,045
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    07-29-2011

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 27 July 2018 - 08:19 PM, said:

OP,  your mistake was making a post implying someone was cheating without any proof. Had you just posted up asking why your shot went weird you'd have been fine, but you had to go there so now you'll have to accept the flack.

This  

It was most likely lag. Better luck next time 



Kaji0tt #14 Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:36 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 10113 battles
  • 10
  • [FI_FL] FI_FL
  • Member since:
    06-19-2011


As i stated i wasnt sure, however since some1 else in chat called it out, i figured it was maybe not a problem by me. It was just so weird what happened there. But im fine with the explenation, thank you monkey & pirat. Nukular - i thought i might have a proof, thats why i shared.
Im fine with the flack, thats why i introduced myself with this statement.
thanks for some serious replies,


gut schuss, happy tanking



Homer_J #15 Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:47 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 29695 battles
  • 31,442
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostKaji0tt, on 27 July 2018 - 07:22 PM, said:

Ok, i agree with you, np - did you watch the replay tho?

 

Your lag light  goes solid red from about 09:45 although your aim looks odd as you are aiming at that T-44 I think it's because of the lag you are aiming at the skybox unless you are using a mod to aim over ridges.  You miss because of lag, that T-44 is jerking around like crazy when you get the killcam.  You think you are aiming at the T-44, the server says no, it wasn't there so adjusts your shell flight for the far distance and it looks to you as if it sails over.

 

As for the IS-3, come down from your 3 mile high view and you will clearly see why he couldn't hit the T-44.


Edited by Homer_J, 27 July 2018 - 08:50 PM.


Shuddnobetta #16 Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:58 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8757 battles
  • 308
  • Member since:
    11-22-2012

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 27 July 2018 - 07:19 PM, said:

OP,  your mistake was making a post implying someone was cheating without any proof. Had you just posted up asking why your shot went weird you'd have been fine, but you had to go there so now you'll have to accept the flack. expecting any of the regular forumites to either watch your replay or offer any form of explanation without belittling you ..........

There fixed that for you Sluggy boy....

 

You're welcome.



250swb #17 Posted 27 July 2018 - 09:16 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 23153 battles
  • 5,265
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-23-2015

View PostShuddnobetta, on 27 July 2018 - 07:58 PM, said:

There fixed that for you Sluggy boy....

 

You're welcome.

 

But if common sense was emplyed we could all have an auto reply ready for 99.9% of people who are calling 'cheat'. If I get caught out by failing to spot the 0.1% chance of an actual cheat then so be it, I'll grovel then. When cheats in the game are discovered there are far more things that lead up to them and circumstances that surround them than the light-bulb moments that say 'lag'.

Edited by 250swb, 27 July 2018 - 09:17 PM.


Shuddnobetta #18 Posted 30 July 2018 - 08:19 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8757 battles
  • 308
  • Member since:
    11-22-2012

View Post250swb, on 27 July 2018 - 08:16 PM, said:

 

But if common sense was emplyed we could all have an auto reply ready for 99.9% of people who are calling 'cheat'. If I get caught out by failing to spot the 0.1% chance of an actual cheat then so be it, I'll grovel then. When cheats in the game are discovered there are far more things that lead up to them and circumstances that surround them than the light-bulb moments that say 'lag'.

 

The OP has just over 8000 battles.... I have just a few hundred more. I didn't know what caused the problem in his game.....and clearly neither did he. What some people on this forum seem to forget is that not everyone who posts on the forums are avid fan boys of world of tanks.... They play to the best of their abilities and enjoy what they do. Every now and then, they, (myself included) see something that happens onscreen that leaves them wondering "WTF just happened?"

 

The odd one will pluck up the courage to post on the forum in order to try understand what they saw, and obtain advice from the many experts who populate the game. Some of the posters are very good and although they must have answered the same question a number of times, reply in a friendly none patronising manner. Unfortunately the vast majority merely use the post as a way to belittle the and stat shame the OP.....Others of course say something utterly ridiculous just to get a cheap shot in....Including using stupid words like "grovel".

 

Nobody is asking anyone to "grovel" least of all the OP....All some people would like to see is a more friendly atmosphere within these pages. If it's a question that has been answered many times and you're bored with it, why say anything?

 

Or simply tell the OP to use the search facility



TungstenHitman #19 Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:10 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 24176 battles
  • 4,400
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View PostShuddnobetta, on 30 July 2018 - 07:19 AM, said:

 

The OP has just over 8000 battles.... I have just a few hundred more. I didn't know what caused the problem in his game.....and clearly neither did he. What some people on this forum seem to forget is that not everyone who posts on the forums are avid fan boys of world of tanks.... They play to the best of their abilities and enjoy what they do. Every now and then, they, (myself included) see something that happens onscreen that leaves them wondering "WTF just happened?"

 

The odd one will pluck up the courage to post on the forum in order to try understand what they saw, and obtain advice from the many experts who populate the game. Some of the posters are very good and although they must have answered the same question a number of times, reply in a friendly none patronising manner. Unfortunately the vast majority merely use the post as a way to belittle the and stat shame the OP.....Others of course say something utterly ridiculous just to get a cheap shot in....Including using stupid words like "grovel".

 

Nobody is asking anyone to "grovel" least of all the OP....All some people would like to see is a more friendly atmosphere within these pages. If it's a question that has been answered many times and you're bored with it, why say anything?

 

Or simply tell the OP to use the search facility

 

Yes I would agree with you, the guy doesn't know much, he came here for some answers and instead he encountered the forums notorious toxicity. That said, I will counter your comment on this point which justifies the forums response. The OP could have simply posted a "Noob question, please explain" thread and I'm sure he would have been well received and enlightened but he didn't. What he has done is accuse another player of cheating, a player that in fact was not cheating and just trying to play his game so this isn't particularly endearing and I think we're all sick and tired of clueless noobs or drama queens accusing players of cheating which just isn't cool and if supported and reported by enough clueless noobs that agree with him, may lead to that innocent "cheater" getting some unwanted and unfair attention.

 

It's also an online video game at the end of the day, there are no tress or hills or tanks etc, it's just a visual representation of software instructions bound by network signals and I think many players get a little bit too submersed into thinking everything should be 100% flawless but, like any video game, particularly an online one, there will always be little burps and hiccups throughout caused by little glitches and network spikes now and then. It's not going to be and cannot be 100% smooth and flawless all the time and it isn't, get over it.  



imperiumgraecum #20 Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:51 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 61909 battles
  • 2,866
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
  • Member since:
    01-03-2011

View PostTungstenHitman, on 30 July 2018 - 10:10 AM, said:

 

Yes I would agree with you, the guy doesn't know much, he came here for some answers and instead he encountered the forums notorious toxicity. That said, I will counter your comment on this point which justifies the forums response. The OP could have simply posted a "Noob question, please explain" thread and I'm sure he would have been well received and enlightened but he didn't. What he has done is accuse another player of cheating, a player that in fact was not cheating and just trying to play his game so this isn't particularly endearing and I think we're all sick and tired of clueless noobs or drama queens accusing players of cheating which just isn't cool and if supported and reported by enough clueless noobs that agree with him, may lead to that innocent "cheater" getting some unwanted and unfair attention.

 

It's also an online video game at the end of the day, there are no tress or hills or tanks etc, it's just a visual representation of software instructions bound by network signals and I think many players get a little bit too submersed into thinking everything should be 100% flawless but, like any video game, particularly an online one, there will always be little burps and hiccups throughout caused by little glitches and network spikes now and then. It's not going to be and cannot be 100% smooth and flawless all the time and it isn't, get over it. 

 

 


This






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users