Why friendly fire should seriously be reworked

Friendly fire toxic players

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Friendly fire (13 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Does friendly fire need to be reworked?

1. Yes (6 votes [46.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

2. No (7 votes [53.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 53.85%

Vote Hide poll

von_Stokovsky #1 Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14792 battles

many encounters with toxic players have brought me to a point, where i can litery predict when will i get hit by the player. An ally player, that is.

Link to the replay (shot at around 9:20): http://wotreplays.eu...ky-p_44_pantera

I saw a skorpion G, camping at the usual spot on fishermans bay, ping the map furiously. Like i usually do, i blocked him top prevent the annoying clicking. I decide to back up and camp aswell. Camping in a full HP medium usually triggers toxic players, so i checked whether the Skorpion G was pointing his gun towards me, because i was expecting him to hit me. Well... what i saw was him pointed towards me and just about to shoot me. He ofcourse does.

I encounter such activity about every tenth battle. It seriously cripples the game experience when you get shot for making a good play (or sometimes a bad one). Both good and bad players get shot by toxic players and all they get as a compensation is repair damage. What about the potential that you had before you were hit, or even killed? I'm sure you dont like playing with 60% of HP and a damaged module.

I tolerated this before, when it was not as often as it is now, but I cant just close my eyes infront of this madness anymore. It's time that FF gets reworked or removed altogether.

Edited by von_Stokovsky, 27 July 2018 - 09:24 PM.

4nt #2 Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:19 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23062 battles
Soooo... If you could see this coming, a) why did you decide to kemp boosh next to the Skorp, and b) why, when noting the asswipe getting agitated, decided it was worth your hp? Not defending TK behaviour, but wouldn't it have been more productive to leave the dimwit there?

I personally won't get fired by greens even every 500th game, probably my colors aren't pretty enough. That's why it'd be swell to get somewhat of 'an anatomy of useless camper', if I ever happen to meet one.

von_Stokovsky #3 Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14792 battles

View Post4nt, on 27 July 2018 - 08:19 PM, said:

Soooo... If you could see this coming, a) why did you decide to kemp boosh next to the Skorp, and b) why, when noting the asswipe getting agitated, decided it was worth your hp? Not defending TK behaviour, but wouldn't it have been more productive to leave the dimwit there?

I personally won't get fired by greens even every 500th game, probably my colors aren't pretty enough. That's why it'd be swell to get somewhat of 'an anatomy of useless camper', if I ever happen to meet one.

I decided to camp because i saw it as the only decent play, he wanted me to assault the TDs on their team, which is a stupid play to do in a paper medium. His shot was most likely unavoidable.

WindSplitter1 #4 Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:32 PM

Major

• Player
  • 15938 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View Post4nt, on 27 July 2018 - 07:19 PM, said:

That's immaterial. A player should not be penalized for playing his/her vehicle the way they see fit.

Mr_Missclick #5 Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6280 battles
So, everybody knows there are lots of stupid guys (or children or... anything like that) but you are definitely not the right person who could complain about that. If you play like this often, no wonder that you get shooted often as well. Players are just easily trigerred by safe-hunting dmg. (but still, that Skorp was really useless and no-brain and I don't agree with this behavior)

von_Stokovsky #6 Posted 27 July 2018 - 08:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14792 battles

View PostMr_Missclick, on 27 July 2018 - 08:34 PM, said:

So, everybody knows there are lots of stupid guys (or children or... anything like that) but you are definitely not the right person who could complain about that. If you play like this often, no wonder that you get shooted often as well. Players are just easily trigerred by safe-hunting dmg. (but still, that Skorp was really useless and no-brain and I don't agree with this behavior)

How would you play in that certain situation? Do not take this as an attack, im just curious.

Edited by von_Stokovsky, 27 July 2018 - 08:47 PM.

Homer_J #7 Posted 27 July 2018 - 09:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28744 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I'm still at a loss to see why this warrants reworking the team damage system.  This is exactly why we have a system which punishes people for doing team damage.

Mr_Missclick #8 Posted 27 July 2018 - 09:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6280 battles
I would try to use bushes in the middle (and if saw no results, then playing same way). Yep, going straight that redline corridor is really [edited]but that bushes on the ridge provide decent camo. I usually use it to cover even bigger vehicles and I'm unspotted sometimes even after firing and no double bush tactic. And as it is ridge, you could still have safe retreat. Your playstyle is unfortunately not welcomed warmly as most of players expect that MT will move, even though it's not good decision in every situation, of course. For example (another class), I wonder why people pointing Tiger I just cuz he is playing second-line sniper... in tier 8 or 9 MM.

von_Stokovsky #9 Posted 27 July 2018 - 09:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14792 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 27 July 2018 - 09:04 PM, said:

I'm still at a loss to see why this warrants reworking the team damage system.  This is exactly why we have a system which punishes people for doing team damage.

Yeah, the punisher gets blue after 3 shots, 3 shots from skorpion G would kill me. Also, the compensation only gives you for repair, not for the destroyed game.

Edited by von_Stokovsky, 27 July 2018 - 11:48 PM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #10 Posted 27 July 2018 - 09:16 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 7724 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostWindSplitter1, on 27 July 2018 - 08:32 PM, said:

View Post4nt, on 27 July 2018 - 07:19 PM, said:

That's immaterial. A player should not be penalized for playing his/her vehicle the way they see fit.

Then make them get rewarded for playing a vehicle like its supposed to.

Wargaming has shown that they can manage such a system, just look at World of Warplanes.

And I do realise that there's probably more variance in classes in WoT than in WoWP.

Still, it might be a step in the right direction.

PervyPastryPuffer #11 Posted 27 July 2018 - 09:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31011 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC
How to fix teamdamage: Remove trolls from the Earth. :great:

Asklepi0s #12 Posted 28 July 2018 - 09:27 AM

• 6758 battles

This thread has been closed by the moderation team due to not being constructive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users