toxic report

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

GreatBriton #1 Posted 28 July 2018 - 02:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24372 battles
  • [FUNSD] FUNSD

The game has become so toxic that I have made a personal promise not to spend more gold on it. I know that many people have stopped playing for this reason, which is a loss of revenue to WG.
My idea is that WG sell a Personal Game Review Token for gold, which will cost enough to cover the cost of one game being reviewed by a WG reviewer + a small profit for WG.

If you have bought a Review Token (up front, to enable WG to assess reviewer staff requirements), you get enabled a Review option in or directly after the game, which you can click to submit a review request. At this time your Review Token is now used and removed.
Judgement for you: If the reviewer finds rules being broken by someone against you in the game, and you did not start it, he triggers a judgement against the offender: the offender gets the report and is fined gold, taken automatically, which goes to you. It will be enough gold to buy a new Review Token if you wish to do so, plus make reparation for damages, scaled according to category of offence e.g. x gold for abusive chat, y gold for battle ruined. If the offender does not have enough gold for the fine to be taken, he cannot play a battle until he buys enough gold (or perhaps sells a premium to cover it). This forces the offender to either pay WG or start a new account or leave the game - and it is either the toxic players or the decent players who are leaving, if the former, more players will play more and pay more.
Judgement against you: if the reviewer finds you started it or were not abused, he sends you the report of the judgement and that is the end of it. If you want to appeal (which will be with another reviewer) you can do so using another Review Token, which is refunded only if the first reviewer made a mistake.
In this way the following occurs:
1) The game gets cleaned up and becomes a pleasure to play

2) WG get more revenue, a) from review token profits up front, b) from players not leaving, and c) from players paying their fines.
Developers, please consider this and discuss it, I am sick of the game being so toxic and have put a lot of thought into it.
WG can also control the number of reviews possible by limiting the number of Review Tokens for sale to manageable numbers. You could try selling 100 tokens to dip your toe in the water, as a Beta trial.
As the game cleans up you will need less reviews, so you could hire just one reviewer from the start, sell 500 tokens per month, until everyone in the game has a review token and but only a few people are actually spending them.

For the player, it works out well too, because you can pay once for a token and then for the rest of your life on World of Tanks you have protection from all the jerks. That's easily worth say £5 or £10 to me, especially as I get back extra gold in compensation. In the case of the few jerks who are not invested enough in their game account to pay the fine, that's okay, the compensation from the majority who do pay will cover me for that.
With this protection I'd actually feel happy instead of stressed when someone acts like a jerk to me.

PS. Even if the game cleaned up virtually instantly because no one wants to pay a fine, that's so worth one token spend to me! (But it'd be nice if I got with the token a free little badge next to my name in game on the player list which shows I helped get rid of the jerks!)
PPS. Then we could even have the All Chat back - that made the game so much fun!

Edited by TanksForLunch, 28 July 2018 - 04:02 PM.

GreatBriton #2 Posted 28 July 2018 - 03:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24372 battles
  • [FUNSD] FUNSD
Nice people leave - see comments below this video:
  :
Iñigo Zapata
I chose a solution that never fails: I left. Now, I don't know if WoWs developers are different, I guess so much. We still have cross-team chat there, and I'm not sure, but I think there's an option to make positive reports. Also, there's no "no chat" option in the settings, which WoT has because assholes. Pink ships in WoWs get damaged a lot from simple rubs with other ships. In WoT not much happens. It's a game in the same damn company and they get things right-er.

Raiden
Easy. Uninstall wot. I had enough of invisible tanks and rng stuff

Edited by TanksForLunch, 28 July 2018 - 03:51 PM.

kaadomin #3 Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:30 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31155 battles
  • [NXD] NXD

Hard to say - you topic is off topic here.

Jigabachi #4 Posted 31 July 2018 - 01:14 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17927 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postkaadomin, on 30 July 2018 - 12:30 AM, said:

Hard to say - you topic is off topic here.

To be fair, this forum is pretty dead anyway and I still have no idea what this forum is supposed to be used for...

@ topic: The idea around those tokens bought with gold is actually a quite interesting idea. That might lower the amounts of nonsensical report-spam by quite a bit...

Buy 3 tokens for 200 gold. If the reported match had an incident that was worth a ban, you get your token back - and maybe something like 10 gold. 

Edited by Jigabachi, 31 July 2018 - 01:16 AM.

Evilier_than_Skeletor #5 Posted 31 July 2018 - 01:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18036 battles
  • [TSOP] TSOP
If there can be such an injustice in a computer game that you just can't let it go, you can always submit a ticket. Also, snitches get stitches. What would certainly improve game quality would be selling map pinging tokens. If you want to go bananas on the map, then fine, but it's one gold a ping after a few free ones.

kaadomin #6 Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:07 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31155 battles
  • [NXD] NXD

View PostJigabachi, on 31 July 2018 - 01:14 AM, said:

To be fair, this forum is pretty dead anyway and I still have no idea what this forum is supposed to be used for...

The topic here is the Wargaming Developer Partner Program - here should be the discussion on API related issues. This API is used for external statistic pages like wot-life and xvm. You can or could use it for a lot more in clan management. This forums topics should be wishes and bugs of this section. BUT since more than a year nearly nothing happens. It seems WG ignores their own program as long they can. At the moment I'm waiting for return of some values from the API since February 2017 ...

If you see the first post in the section, the support should be asked for problems. If you watch / try the support site, you see they send you back to the forum.

It's useless to write wishes her. Even the forum moderators visiting this topic only on reports and do noting (except closing off topic). At the moment you will find here only questions and hints for guys starting their own app / site as on topic discussion. The number of those is not high.

To create a hot discussion on development related topics, wishes .... , it would be more useful to to use the gameplay and the update section. The "buying reports idea" is not new. We had it in the German section and I'm sure in the English too. I think, you'll have a grey zone, you became bullied and don't get your report gold back, because it was not to hard - or you will be punished for every thing and little dirty stool pigeons earn gold by provocation.

BTW - if a sub forum seems inactive, pictures of kittens don't become on topic.

Marybanks #7 Posted 03 August 2018 - 06:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24289 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R

View PostTanksForLunch, on 28 July 2018 - 02:50 PM, said:

:
Iñigo Zapata
I chose a solution that never fails: I left. Now, I don't know if WoWs developers are different, I guess so much. We still have cross-team chat there, and I'm not sure, but I think there's an option to make positive reports. Also, there's no "no chat" option in the settings, which WoT has because assholes. Pink ships in WoWs get damaged a lot from simple rubs with other ships. In WoT not much happens. It's a game in the same damn company and they get things right-er.

Raiden

1:59 "How can we make it more toxic....?!" -That has to be a mistell, since the point is to make it less toxic.

Marybanks #8 Posted 03 August 2018 - 07:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24289 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R

View PostTanksForLunch, on 28 July 2018 - 02:50 PM, said:

:
Iñigo Zapata

Raiden

You talk about people abusing this and that.... Certain players, have abused everything in the game, and gained what they wanted. They abused the cross-battle chat, -it got taken out. Repport system gets abused, wrong players get banned every now and then. I have been told to ignore the trolls. What should be changed here, is the cross-battle chat should get back, and we give it our best as player-base to ignore the abuse. Just play, and like you said in the video, reward eachother in this chat. This same reason why I can't turn the in-game battle chat off. In case I should get constructive advice, forgiveness, or what ever else positive and teambased. So far, we have listened to the smaller bit, wanting to kill the game, making it toxic, getting this and that tank buffed and nerfed constantly, when all that should happen is, the OP-tanks, should maybe get some weakspots, the use of premium ammo, should cost gold, or be limited to a certain amount, in random battles, players gets extra XP bonuses, for giving it their best shots, even as -2 tier tank, (i.e. tier 6 in tier 8 or tier 8 in tier 10) and for being a teamplayer. Taking damage for allies if you have more HP than him, un-flip allied tanks, learn to understand your role and play it, (i.e heavies go to the front lines, go in hull-down positions, angle along solid obstacles, hide their own tank's weakspots, and go for the ones available on their oponents'. Having a more flexible and dynamic gameplay..) things like that... I better go in my own now....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users