Jump to content


World of Tanks Veterans


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Poll: Reward for veteran players (14 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Do you think Wargaming should reward vet players?

  1. Voted Yes vet players deserve a reward (10 votes [71.43%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 71.43%

  2. No vet players deserve nothing (4 votes [28.57%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 28.57%

Vote Hide poll

Mad_Cris #1 Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:24 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 44817 battles
  • 98
  • [CMC3] CMC3
  • Member since:
    07-21-2012

Hello fellow tankers! Acount Created: Saturday, July 21, 2012 - 39.943 Battles. I can consider my self an World of Tanks veteran and i am glad to be a part in this awesome comunity and to play this game. But... even so it feels like Wargaming do not appreciate at all the veterans of this game and this is the reson why i will make a request hoping some one will do something about it. I think a few rewards like: premium acount, veteran inscriptions to be placed on tanks, veteran badges to display in battle would be a good way to show your gratitude to the players which invested a lot of time and money and helped the game and comunity to grow. Thank you in advance Wargaming and goodnight Europe wherever you are!  


Edited by Mad_Cris, 29 July 2018 - 12:04 AM.


BravelyRanAway #2 Posted 28 July 2018 - 09:41 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 24343 battles
  • 11,977
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010
WG doesn't care about vet players....only their wallets, as shown by the 'Mutant' debacle on April Fools day. That showed the disdain WG have for players.

Mad_Cris #3 Posted 28 July 2018 - 10:29 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 44817 battles
  • 98
  • [CMC3] CMC3
  • Member since:
    07-21-2012

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 28 July 2018 - 09:41 PM, said:

WG doesn't care about vet players....only their wallets, as shown by the 'Mutant' debacle on April Fools day. That showed the disdain WG have for players.

 

:confused:

Jigabachi #4 Posted 29 July 2018 - 01:31 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17948 battles
  • 21,021
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
Didn't we have that one event where everyone registered before 2012 got lots of free stuff?

Apart from that... yes, WG doesn't care.

Homer_J #5 Posted 29 July 2018 - 02:09 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 32746 battles
  • 35,588
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostJigabachi, on 29 July 2018 - 01:31 AM, said:

Didn't we have that one event where everyone registered before 2012 got lots of free stuff?
 

 

Yes.  The EU server 5th anniversary.  We got a garage slot for each year we had been playing and some decals. :great:



Jigabachi #6 Posted 29 July 2018 - 03:03 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17948 battles
  • 21,021
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
And lots of reserves? Or was that a different one? I still have quite many of those...

Mad_Cris #7 Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:07 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 44817 battles
  • 98
  • [CMC3] CMC3
  • Member since:
    07-21-2012

View PostJigabachi, on 29 July 2018 - 01:31 AM, said:

Didn't we have that one event where everyone registered before 2012 got lots of free stuff?

Apart from that... yes, WG doesn't care.

 

My point was for more consistent rewards for vet players to be proud of their status and after 2012.    

Edited by Mad_Cris, 30 July 2018 - 04:14 PM.


Joggaman #8 Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:07 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 25233 battles
  • 6,933
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011
I totally agree with OP, but only if vet definition is if you started 2011 or earlier...:trollface:

Mad_Cris #9 Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:07 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 44817 battles
  • 98
  • [CMC3] CMC3
  • Member since:
    07-21-2012

View PostJoggaman, on 29 July 2018 - 10:07 AM, said:

I totally agree with OP, but only if vet definition is if you started 2011 or earlier...:trollface:

 

By definition veterans gain their status being present a long period of time in a particular place. In our case 6 yers in to the game is more than enough to earn this status and some rewards for commitment. I dont think starting 2011 or earlier is a correct example.


Edited by Mad_Cris, 29 July 2018 - 11:09 AM.


Jigabachi #10 Posted 29 July 2018 - 07:22 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17948 battles
  • 21,021
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostMad_Cris, on 29 July 2018 - 11:07 AM, said:

I dont think starting 2011 or earlier is a correct example.

Why not? Veterans normally are the oldest participants of whatever you are looking at...



kaneloon #11 Posted 29 July 2018 - 07:49 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 31018 battles
  • 3,766
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0
  • Member since:
    11-18-2011

Yes, we as old veterans have been very wronged.

For intance I was forced to play RU tanks, which lines changed every patch : I got new tanks to train like T-150 obj 257, they researched for me the t44 line, pushed my t54 light tiers 9, ... can't remember all.

They too forcedly gave me lots of small prem tanks that I didn't ask for.

Hell on earth. I need rewards.



gunslingerXXX #12 Posted 29 July 2018 - 08:36 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 12927 battles
  • 3,404
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014

I agree.

 

How many fire extinguishers would you think reasonoble? :trollface:

 

Just joking. I would find it decent to hand out useful 30-50% off coupons for veteran players. Not like it will cost WG money to sell some pixels cheaper.



OIias_of_Sunhillow #13 Posted 30 July 2018 - 11:51 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 25995 battles
  • 3,422
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-20-2011
Yep, everyone that is now over the age of 50, and that started pre 2012, should most definitely get a 5hit-ton of free stuff.

Aleo #14 Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:14 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 32292 battles
  • 166
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
  • Member since:
    12-12-2010
We ought to get some notice now that WG turns 20... Other than that I'd say no, not unless you play regulary. Pehaps just a small medal of appreciation with a star or bar for each year of active playing. Perhaps as a token in game you can choose to display. 

Headless_Rooster #15 Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:59 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11581 battles
  • 637
  • [E-VO] E-VO
  • Member since:
    01-04-2017

It would be nice to have a reward for every 5 or 10k battles.

 

rather than the pop-up that says something like 'congratulations you have completed 10k battles command thanks you for your contribution' 

 

which would read better if it had 'sucker' on the end :trollface:



Mad_Cris #16 Posted 30 July 2018 - 04:27 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 44817 battles
  • 98
  • [CMC3] CMC3
  • Member since:
    07-21-2012

View PostAleo, on 30 July 2018 - 12:14 PM, said:

We ought to get some notice now that WG turns 20... Other than that I'd say no, not unless you play regulary. Pehaps just a small medal of appreciation with a star or bar for each year of active playing. Perhaps as a token in game you can choose to display. 

 

Yes this is exactly what i ment. Some inscriptions to be placed on tanks or a badge on nickname to display vet status in game a medal and maybe few days of premium acount would make me happy. This is it its all i,m asking! 

Edited by Mad_Cris, 30 July 2018 - 04:29 PM.


Mad_Cris #17 Posted 30 July 2018 - 04:31 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 44817 battles
  • 98
  • [CMC3] CMC3
  • Member since:
    07-21-2012

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 29 July 2018 - 08:36 PM, said:

I agree.

 

How many fire extinguishers would you think reasonoble? :trollface:

 

Just joking. I would find it decent to hand out useful 30-50% off coupons for veteran players. Not like it will cost WG money to sell some pixels cheaper.

 

1000.000 automatic would be nice so i can sell them after. :teethhappy:

Mad_Cris #18 Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:03 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 44817 battles
  • 98
  • [CMC3] CMC3
  • Member since:
    07-21-2012

View PostJigabachi, on 29 July 2018 - 07:22 PM, said:

Why not? Veterans normally are the oldest participants of whatever you are looking at...

 

Not really and i will give you a simple example: What you are saying or what wg sez is those who joined ww2 in 1942 or before have vet status and those who joined in 1942 or after dont. In our case those who joined in 2011 or before are eligible for vet status and those who joined in 2012 or after dont. Veteran by definition: A person who has had long experience in a particular field. In my case 6 years is a quite long experience in world of tanks.

Edited by Mad_Cris, 30 July 2018 - 05:06 PM.


Mad_Cris #19 Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:14 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 44817 battles
  • 98
  • [CMC3] CMC3
  • Member since:
    07-21-2012

View PostMad_Cris, on 28 July 2018 - 08:24 PM, said:

Hello fellow tankers! Acount Created: Saturday, July 21, 2012 - 39.943 Battles. I can consider my self an World of Tanks veteran and i am glad to be a part in this awesome comunity and to play this game. But... even so it feels like Wargaming do not appreciate at all the veterans of this game and this is the reson why i will make a request hoping some one will do something about it. I think a few rewards like: premium acount, veteran inscriptions to be placed on tanks, veteran badges to display in battle would be a good way to show your gratitude to the players which invested a lot of time and money and helped the game and comunity to grow. Thank you in advance Wargaming and goodnight Europe wherever you are!  

 

I wish to say thanks to everyone for comments and votes lets hope for the best. See you on the battlefiled!

Edited by Mad_Cris, 30 July 2018 - 05:15 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users