• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

DroneDennis #1 Posted 28 July 2018 - 10:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1288 battles
  • [RIP_U] RIP_U

Hey guys,

So, I am kinda new to the game (just unlocked KV-1) and I am looking for some nice tech lines (or whatever they're called) to follow, currently I am going for the AMX ELC, SU-85 and Pz sfl. Wich ones do you guys advise me to go for, i was also thinking at the Hellcat.

Thanks a lot!

kaneloon #2 Posted 28 July 2018 - 11:03 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28714 battles
  • [OBLIC] OBLIC

Hi.

Difficult to tell you which line you would prefer. Some tanks that most consider crap could be to your liking.

My piece of advice would be not to grind too many lines. Take your time (no need for premium time or tanks) but stick to 2 or 3 lines if you want to learn.

DroneDennis #3 Posted 28 July 2018 - 11:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1288 battles
  • [RIP_U] RIP_U
Okay, thanks. I got that premium tank for free for 10 days, At the moment I am going to upgrade the KV-1 and also go for the ELC AMX, after that I will probaly go for 2 others, just to have a couple nice tier 5 tank wich I can choose.I like tank that are not too slow (offcourse), can damage quite a lot of enemy's.I noticed that I like to push quite a lot in a lot of matches, so maybe it's a good plan to go for like a t-34. I also got a token where I can unlock any tier 6 tank with, without having to research it.

Bordhaw #4 Posted 28 July 2018 - 11:33 PM

Major

• Player
  • 12013 battles

View PostDroneDennis, on 28 July 2018 - 09:56 PM, said:

Hey guys,

So, I am kinda new to the game (just unlocked KV-1) 

You are kinda rubbish too. 

View PostDroneDennis, on 28 July 2018 - 10:10 PM, said:

I also got a token where I can unlock any tier 6 tank with, without having to research it.

Please learn how the play the game before running around at Tier 6. 

Tramp_In_Armour #5 Posted 28 July 2018 - 11:50 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5956 battles

View PostBordhaw, on 28 July 2018 - 11:33 PM, said:

Is that the best way to welcome someone new? Did he say anything that offended you? He took the time to come to the forum to ask advice. He took the trouble to complete boot camp. And his stats so far are not rubbish. He's doing pretty well with his tier 6 premium at the moment. More experience will be needed, but it looks like a good start to me.

Welcome to the forum, and the game, DroneDennis. There's plenty to learn, but feel free to ask anything. Can't recommend any particular tank. If you're thinking of a line, I guess it depends whether you've got your heart set on a tier 10 tank. Otherwise, go with what attracts you. If it turns out you don't like it much, it doesn't matter. Nobody really dies, and it's all a learning experience. I went with Brit tanks when I started, in spite of people saying that's not necessarily a good first choice for noobs, simply because I wanted to try the classic WW2 tanks like Matilda, Churchill and Cromwell. Churchill turned out not to be so good, but I'm glad I tried it.

DroneDennis #6 Posted 29 July 2018 - 12:18 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1288 battles
  • [RIP_U] RIP_U

Thanks for welcoming me :) I dont really care about those salty people, i've already had them in CSGO, so I know that I have to pretty much ingore them. I did not buy the premium tank, I got it from the game for 10 days

MeNoobTank #7 Posted 29 July 2018 - 01:21 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12649 battles
  • [R3L4X] R3L4X

Hello and welcome to the game. I see you just started so you did not invested much time in the game yet. I would advice you that you create a new account with an invite code that will give you some goodies to boost your account.

WOTREDDIT2018

Try this invite code, works only when you create account. It gives you tier 5 Russian premium tank Churchill 3, 500 gold and 7 days of premium account.

Gl, hf !

Jigabachi #8 Posted 29 July 2018 - 01:45 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBordhaw, on 28 July 2018 - 11:33 PM, said:

Funny comment, especially when we consider that he already plays better than you do. 

You should really watch your tone...

@thread: What he simply wanted to tell you is to not rush up the tiers - which definitely is a very important advice - but given that you didn't  mention any tX tank, I guess that you aren't particularly interested in just rushing up a line.

And if you want to know which line to start next, the simplest answer still is: Check the techtrees, look for one you might like and... off you go!

DroneDennis #9 Posted 29 July 2018 - 02:13 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1288 battles
  • [RIP_U] RIP_U
I dont really even want to rush up, if I stay a little longer with the vehicles I am gonna like them more and maybe I can be usefull in a clanwar or something with it. Or most imprtantly, have fun.

Xaltu #10 Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:39 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15809 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

I started out on the Swedish line and then slowly diversified. Found that some tanks suit my playing style more than others. Some tanks I absolutely hate, but being a gluten for punishment I keep playing them to try and work out how to play them better. This is the challenge for me. I experiment, much to my teams annoyance at times. Sometime its works, but either way I learn something new. My advise would be try something different to what you have already played and see how you get on with it.

Tramp_In_Armour #11 Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:33 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5956 battles

View PostDroneDennis, on 28 July 2018 - 11:10 PM, said:

Okay, thanks. I got that premium tank for free for 10 days, At the moment I am going to upgrade the KV-1 and also go for the ELC AMX, after that I will probaly go for 2 others, just to have a couple nice tier 5 tank wich I can choose.I like tank that are not too slow (offcourse), can damage quite a lot of enemy's.I noticed that I like to push quite a lot in a lot of matches, so maybe it's a good plan to go for like a t-34. I also got a token where I can unlock any tier 6 tank with, without having to research it.

US TD T67 is a legendary fast tank with a good gun. The Hellcat that comes after is also good. I like the Crusader, but many don't. Fast firing gun but you need a lot of shots to cause much damage. Cromwell is fast and nimble, and the gun's not bad. A little inaccurate, but I've managed a fair bit of damage with it - great for circling slower enemies and gunning them to death. T-34 has similar stats to the Crusader, but a tiny bit sluggish. All above tanks have thin armour, so you need to be constantly on the move to avoid getting hit, but they're all fun if you like mobile tanks.

EDIT: The above tanks all benefit greatly from a crew that has full camo skills, and this will take time to get. With lower camo, these tanks may be a little more frustrating as everyone will spot you early and use you to farm damage. Take the time to develop your crews. Also consider camo paint (can rent for credits if you don't want to spend gold). Makes a bigger difference than it first appears.

Edited by Tramp_In_Armour, 29 July 2018 - 11:41 AM.

Suurpolskija #12 Posted 29 July 2018 - 01:57 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18698 battles
  • [URHO] URHO

As you said yourself, T-34 is a funky tank and a good tier V medium tank also leading to nice medium tanks later on in the line. 

I think there's a lot of threads around for "best <class> <tier> tank" if you're into searching threads. There will be a ton of input players have given on the matter. Also the wot wiki and youtube can be quite handy if you want to find out about tanks you're planning to grind. 

But always consider if a tank is good for you. Some tanks might be considered bad but you can make it work, some tanks may be considered very good but you just can't get a hang of them. 

Spectra_EU #13 Posted 07 August 2018 - 06:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3112 battles
Go for the 430U-line, but finish the IS-7 first

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users