Jump to content


Non premium account

Matchmaking and premium

  • Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

Uruquel #1 Posted 29 July 2018 - 08:19 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 24182 battles
  • 11
  • Member since:
    01-08-2014

Since I can not easily find a way to write this directly to Wargaming, I put it here:

I have played almost all my time with the free account. Obviously, ?I have invested from time to time in premium time and vehicles. But few days ago, I have finished a one year long, maybe more, of premium account. 

I buy it to advance to tier 10 on few lines. All good. From my point of view, the matchmaking was ok. I have seen an improvement, but I always thought that IO am becoming a better player.

Since the account expired, I had only disastrous matches, bad teams and unthinkable loses. I wonder if that is me that I am changed or the premium account expiration.

I think that is a better chance to a well balanced matches were due to the premium account. Sorry about that, but this is my opinion...

 



PervyPastryPuffer #2 Posted 29 July 2018 - 08:45 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 31014 battles
  • 1,863
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

Nothing can influence the matchmaker.

 

What you're experiencing is called the "Placebo Effect". You feel like something's changed but it really hasn't.

 

At least I think that's it..."a beneficial effect, produced by a placebo drug or treatment, that cannot be attributed to the properties of the placebo itself, and must therefore be due to the patient's belief in that treatment.

This raises the question of whether treatment causes a placebo effect , perhaps because of the extra time spent with patients."

 

I'm not sure if there's a different term for this situation, a non-medical term. :sceptic: I first heard of it on Mythbusters.



jack_timber #3 Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:18 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 33432 battles
  • 2,074
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014

Decided to be a F2P about a month ago can't say I have noticed anything different.

So I reckon, apart from the placebo effect described above, it's the normal swings and roundabouts effect. Win some, lose some, get a good team, get a bad team, "you" play well, "you" play badly.

All these variables then throw in the MM and map rotation mix well and see what comes out after 15 minutes.

Therefore the only difference Premium account makes is to you income.



Baldrickk #4 Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:25 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 30124 battles
  • 14,295
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 29 July 2018 - 08:45 AM, said:

Nothing can influence the matchmaker.

 

What you're experiencing is called the "Placebo Effect". You feel like something's changed but it really hasn't.

 

At least I think that's it..."a beneficial effect, produced by a placebo drug or treatment, that cannot be attributed to the properties of the placebo itself, and must therefore be due to the patient's belief in that treatment.

This raises the question of whether treatment causes a placebo effect , perhaps because of the extra time spent with patients."

 

I'm not sure if there's a different term for this situation, a non-medical term. :sceptic: I first heard of it on Mythbusters.

 

Not really sure placebo fits. 

It's definitely an example of cognitive bias though. 

In particular, that would be illusory correlation.



Jigabachi #5 Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:15 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17923 battles
  • 19,027
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostUruquel, on 29 July 2018 - 08:19 AM, said:

Since the account expired, I had only disastrous matches, bad teams and unthinkable loses. 

Sorry for bursting your bubble, but you are a very bad player and very often the very reason behind those "disastrous matches", so I highly doubt that anything changed there. Or that you would even notice that. 

 

View PostBaldrickk, on 29 July 2018 - 09:25 AM, said:

Not really sure placebo fits. 

It doesn't. It's something entirely different.

 


Edited by Jigabachi, 29 July 2018 - 10:17 AM.


Nishi_Kinuyo #6 Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:19 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 7725 battles
  • 4,122
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

Eh, I've played both with and without, and I couldn't really notice much of a difference.

The period without in-between periods of with.

 

Personally, I think it depends largely on which tiers and tanks you play during a given period.

 

As for cognitive bias; entirely possible.

I've had sessions where it felt like I was doing horrible, and checking my stats later on wot-life or similar showed I was doing actually quite all-right that session.

And then I've had sessions where I felt doing horrible and ended up still being horrible.



Bordhaw #7 Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:36 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 11543 battles
  • 2,493
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostJigabachi, on 29 July 2018 - 09:15 AM, said:

Sorry for bursting your bubble, but you are a very bad player and very often the very reason behind those "disastrous matches", so I highly doubt that anything changed there. Or that you would even notice that. 

 

It doesn't. It's something entirely different.

 

 

That's not very friendly to someone who has taken time to come to the forum to ask for help. 

Jigabachi #8 Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:40 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17923 battles
  • 19,027
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostBordhaw, on 29 July 2018 - 10:36 AM, said:

That's not very friendly to someone who has taken time to come to the forum to ask for help. 

He came here to share his most definitely wrong opinion.

What you did in that other thread was raging at someone who didn't anything wrong and who was a better player than you. That's a tiny bit of a difference, isn't it?

 


Edited by Jigabachi, 29 July 2018 - 10:46 AM.


Argedeava #9 Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:45 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 30549 battles
  • 512
  • [GN-R] GN-R
  • Member since:
    10-02-2013

The troll collection is the same.

They have complete faith in WG.

Anyone else is on drugs.

 

Welkome to the pimpy forum!



NUKLEAR_SLUG #10 Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:02 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29181 battles
  • 2,261
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostUruquel, on 29 July 2018 - 08:19 AM, said:

Since the account expired, I had only disastrous matches, bad teams and unthinkable loses. I wonder if that is me that I am changed or the premium account expiration.

I think that is a better chance to a well balanced matches were due to the premium account. Sorry about that, but this is my opinion...

 

 

 It's not the MM, it's either a simple run of bad luck or you are playing differently because you know you don't have the premium bonuses. 

vixu #11 Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:08 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 42571 battles
  • 3,342
  • Member since:
    03-19-2011

View PostUruquel, on 29 July 2018 - 08:19 AM, said:

Since I can not easily find a way to write this directly to Wargaming, I put it here:

I have played almost all my time with the free account. Obviously, ?I have invested from time to time in premium time and vehicles. But few days ago, I have finished a one year long, maybe more, of premium account. 

I buy it to advance to tier 10 on few lines. All good. From my point of view, the matchmaking was ok. I have seen an improvement, but I always thought that IO am becoming a better player.

Since the account expired, I had only disastrous matches, bad teams and unthinkable loses. I wonder if that is me that I am changed or the premium account expiration.

I think that is a better chance to a well balanced matches were due to the premium account. Sorry about that, but this is my opinion...

 

 

Checked your profile.... maybe you are becoming better, but you still have very long road to become a decent player. You are insisting in playing tier X games - you are dragging your team down. Hence all the terrible games. Premium has nothing to do with the MM.

You should be playing tiers 4-6 and figure out which play style suits you. 
 

View PostArgedeava, on 29 July 2018 - 10:45 AM, said:

The troll collection is the same.

They have complete faith in WG.

Anyone else is on drugs.

 

Welkome to the pimpy forum!

 

The only excuse to have under 49% WR is the rigged MM. Nothing else seems to be legit.
 

the_nebuchadnezzar #12 Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:15 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 47785 battles
  • 1,138
  • Member since:
    08-19-2013

Only time when you get bad team after bad team is when you activate some personal reserves... :hiding:



NUKLEAR_SLUG #13 Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:48 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29181 battles
  • 2,261
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View Postthe_nebuchadnezzar, on 29 July 2018 - 11:15 AM, said:

Only time when you get bad team after bad team is when you activate some personal reserves... :hiding:

 

That only applies to those that don't work for WG. Those that do get the special 'Shill Protection Bonus™'.

8126Jakobsson #14 Posted 29 July 2018 - 12:33 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 66460 battles
  • 3,346
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

You also have to remember to press the like button on staff posts as well every now and then. Finding those are pretty hard on the English part of the forums though so the opening posts on announcement threads is the way to go.  



tnk_mstr_99 #15 Posted 29 July 2018 - 12:55 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5606 battles
  • 48
  • [O-K] O-K
  • Member since:
    05-30-2014

> paying WG

 



PervyPastryPuffer #16 Posted 29 July 2018 - 01:02 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 31014 battles
  • 1,863
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostBaldrickk, on 29 July 2018 - 09:25 AM, said:

Not really sure placebo fits. 

It's definitely an example of cognitive bias though. 

In particular, that would be illusory correlation.

 

Yeah...I wasn't sure. :(

Balc0ra #17 Posted 29 July 2018 - 01:45 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66275 battles
  • 16,269
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

Really? I've been on non-premium time account for 3 years now. My stats started to rise after I stopped paying. Maybe WG likes you less? You should buy more so you get on their good side first like the rest of us did to keep that WR after we stop paying.

 

Or... It's just that most notice a streak more easily once they stop paying WG, because they read the forum and their tinfoil hat has grown in size over the years. As even when I bought premium time. I had the same loss and win streaks and good and horrible teams as I do going free. Nothing had changed but me. 



TheJumpMaster #18 Posted 29 July 2018 - 02:22 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 47565 battles
  • 4,552
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011
I spent 1 day without a premium account. I didn't notice anything, except for my withdrawal symptoms.

baribal_80 #19 Posted 29 July 2018 - 03:23 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21527 battles
  • 386
  • Member since:
    02-27-2012

View PostUruquel, on 29 July 2018 - 07:19 AM, said:

Since I can not easily find a way to write this directly to Wargaming, I put it here:

I have played almost all my time with the free account. Obviously, ?I have invested from time to time in premium time and vehicles. But few days ago, I have finished a one year long, maybe more, of premium account. 

I buy it to advance to tier 10 on few lines. All good. From my point of view, the matchmaking was ok. I have seen an improvement, but I always thought that IO am becoming a better player.

Since the account expired, I had only disastrous matches, bad teams and unthinkable loses. I wonder if that is me that I am changed or the premium account expiration.

I think that is a better chance to a well balanced matches were due to the premium account. Sorry about that, but this is my opinion...

 

 

Sorry but your opinion is wrong. If you want you can track your team distribution non prem vs prem. Shishx from Fame has a f2p account right now and he doesn't even use gold, doesn't freeexp modules and he still gets very good WR even if not as high as he did when he skipped stock tanks, fired gold, platooned with other fame guys etc.

Uruquel #20 Posted 29 July 2018 - 08:29 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 24182 battles
  • 11
  • Member since:
    01-08-2014

View PostJigabachi, on 29 July 2018 - 09:15 AM, said:

Sorry for bursting your bubble, but you are a very bad player and very often the very reason behind those "disastrous matches", so I highly doubt that anything changed there. Or that you would even notice that. 

 

It doesn't. It's something entirely different.

 

 

Bad or not, I also have a increased performance over the last two years. Probably I am frustrated for the last 30 games or so and to cope with that I have uninstalled wot. Sure, in the winter, I'll be back. If I will not find that Star Citizen worth my free time till then.

 

 

View PostBordhaw, on 29 July 2018 - 09:36 AM, said:

 

That's not very friendly to someone who has taken time to come to the forum to ask for help. 

 

Thanks for support Bordhaw. But I appreciate the truth even if it came in my face. I am not a good player because I do not play to wn8 increase, but I take my chances every time. I prefer my team to win instead my survival. 
 

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 29 July 2018 - 10:02 AM, said:

 

 It's not the MM, it's either a simple run of bad luck or you are playing differently because you know you don't have the premium bonuses. 

 

Could be true. But here is another thing: many worse game in a row. tier 8 to 10. Then, sudden I desert from one match. Same on me, I know. Everything is back to normal after that. In my entirely play time, since beta, I did this no more than 10-15 times. But lately I have noticed that.

I know that is not possible mm to be different for premium and not premium accounts. It takes a lot of work and if that is true, the community will be upset. So, it is probably me.


 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users