arty heavy hate equipment

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

_Daemon__ #1 Posted 29 July 2018 - 06:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3678 battles
  • [704TD] 704TD

So I used to be arty player on my first account and people hated on arty all the time, now that I have returned on my second one it's the same and people go as far as shooting their own arty while being rude at best.

Yet, I haven't seen a single player hating on arty use spall liner. It might sound useless, but most of the arty dmg is from stun and splash and I can always see when people use it after first shot and change my target on more squishy one as shooting someone with it is waste of credits, unless it's to stop one side of the map from falling apart or to save ally.

Most people say that it's because gun rammer or Vertical Stabilizer etc is more worth for them than to do it just because of **** arty, but then again, they rage about being killed by one near the first 1/3 of the game.

tldr.: Why don't more ppl use spall liner as it mitigates most damage from arty or HE shells what are your thoughts?

wremise #2 Posted 29 July 2018 - 06:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48227 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
You think I will hate arty less, then I only get stunned for 12 sec instand of 15? come on dude, even you dont belive something like that.

Dava_117 #3 Posted 29 July 2018 - 06:55 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19497 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post_Daemon__, on 29 July 2018 - 06:39 PM, said:

So I used to be arty player on my first account and people hated on arty all the time, now that I have returned on my second one it's the same and people go as far as shooting their own arty while being rude at best.

Yet, I haven't seen a single player hating on arty use spall liner. It might sound useless, but most of the arty dmg is from stun and splash and I can always see when people use it after first shot and change my target on more squishy one as shooting someone with it is waste of credits, unless it's to stop one side of the map from falling apart or to save ally.

Most people say that it's because gun rammer or Vertical Stabilizer etc is more worth for them than to do it just because of **** arty, but then again, they rage about being killed by one near the first 1/3 of the game.

tldr.: Why don't more ppl use spall liner as it mitigates most damage from arty or HE shells what are your thoughts?

I use Spall liner only on KV-4 and ST-I, because the effect is directly proportional to the thickness of the hit armour. 

Hence paper tanks don't get great advantage, so other equipment are better.

_Daemon__ #4 Posted 29 July 2018 - 06:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3678 battles
  • [704TD] 704TD
Not for the stun, but for way lower dmg recieved maybe

Jigabachi #5 Posted 29 July 2018 - 07:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17927 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
It's an option for slow and armored tanks. In fast paper tanks you try to not get shot at all.

_Daemon__ #6 Posted 29 July 2018 - 07:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3678 battles
  • [704TD] 704TD

View PostDava_117, on 29 July 2018 - 06:55 PM, said:

I use Spall liner only on KV-4 and ST-I, because the effect is directly proportional to the thickness of the hit armour. 

Hence paper tanks don't get great advantage, so other equipment are better.

Oh, I see, but that means that it's the best on heavy tanks and tds, which are most often the target of arty fire I guess

Dava_117 #7 Posted 29 July 2018 - 07:13 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19497 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post_Daemon__, on 29 July 2018 - 07:04 PM, said:

Oh, I see, but that means that it's the best on heavy tanks and tds, which are most often the target of arty fire I guess

Depends. Arty usually hit roofs, that are not particulary thick. A 40mm roof with superheavy spall liner will reduce the incoming damage by just a bit more than 60HP.

It works better against derpgun tho...

kaneloon #8 Posted 29 July 2018 - 07:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28125 battles
  • [OBLIC] OBLIC

I use it on my T-10.

Problem with it is that you will never know how useful it is.

But I have a "feeling" it help vs type 5 or arty. 

I will keep it.

baribal_80 #9 Posted 29 July 2018 - 07:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21527 battles

View Post_Daemon__, on 29 July 2018 - 05:39 PM, said:

So you wonder why people are angry at a class that requires them to gimp their tanks so you won't crapat them without any risk of being shot back because yu don't have the balls to engage them normally? I used to be an arty player but I admit arty is bad for the game. Games without arty allow you to play more agressive, to spot more, to push more, to flank more. 

Also why is it always bad players who defend arty. There is maybe one tank in the game that could drop vert stabs. If you are suggesting that it shows you need to learn the game better.

_Daemon__ #10 Posted 29 July 2018 - 07:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3678 battles
  • [704TD] 704TD

View Postbaribal_80, on 29 July 2018 - 07:30 PM, said:

So you wonder why people are angry at a class that requires them to gimp their tanks so you won't crapat them without any risk of being shot back because yu don't have the balls to engage them normally? I used to be an arty player but I admit arty is bad for the game. Games without arty allow you to play more agressive, to spot more, to push more, to flank more. 

Also why is it always bad players who defend arty. There is maybe one tank in the game that could drop vert stabs. If you are suggesting that it shows you need to learn the game better.

That heavily depends on play style and tank. Take sweden tds, they barely move unless changing sniper spot so vertical stabilizer is useless and some tanks can't even get it.

And arty is in no way bad for the game (ofc that's just my pov), it adds another element of playing more strategically instead of mindless rush and point and shoot or standing on open field, making you look and use surroundings better as simple open field where curvature of the ground protects you from enemy tanks won't protect you from arty at times. 

Also, why expect to not have balls to engage... in a game? it's just more of a relax. and also, once arty is found, it has almost no chance of surviving, is always support role and can't really shoot everywhere and has rather mediocre damage considering the rate of shooting

NUKLEAR_SLUG #11 Posted 29 July 2018 - 07:42 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29236 battles

View Post_Daemon__, on 29 July 2018 - 06:39 PM, said:

Anyone who shoots their own arty because they think it's somehow going to stop the enemy arty bombing the crap out of them needs to be chewing less crayons.

Bordhaw #12 Posted 29 July 2018 - 07:44 PM

Major

• Player
  • 11553 battles
I always use spall liners on my arty

Homer_J #13 Posted 29 July 2018 - 07:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Post_Daemon__, on 29 July 2018 - 06:56 PM, said:

Heavies barely get damaged by arty anyway, everything else doesn't get enough benefit from a spall liner.

As for friendlies teamkilling you.  I had one recently, teamkilled me right at the end for no reason apart from he had camped the redline while everyone else was fighting at the other side of the map, so I sent him a message thanking him for the extra credits.  If you have premium then the compensation is 50% more than the repair costs. :teethhappy:

Desyatnik_Pansy #14 Posted 29 July 2018 - 07:54 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 16440 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Post_Daemon__, on 29 July 2018 - 06:56 PM, said:

Lowering the damage doesn't fix the main problem most have with arty, since it's still doing damage. Whether it's 10 Damage, 50, 100, 200 or even a pen for 700 Or whatever; it's damage taken from a force you cannot respond to. Furthermore, the actual benefit of using a Spall Liner on most tanks over something like Vents, VStabs, Rammer or Optics is comparably, well, terrible. On anything but a Superheavy, Spall Liner is effectively useless and most certainly when compared to the other equipment that you can and most likely should run.

Sfinski #15 Posted 29 July 2018 - 07:54 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31728 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
How does using spall liner stop them shooting me behind cover and help me shooting them back?

WindSplitter1 #16 Posted 29 July 2018 - 07:58 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16025 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostHomer_J, on 29 July 2018 - 06:52 PM, said:

Heavies barely get damaged by arty anyway, everything else doesn't get enough benefit from a spall liner.

As for friendlies teamkilling you.  I had one recently, teamkilled me right at the end for no reason apart from he had camped the redline while everyone else was fighting at the other side of the map, so I sent him a message thanking him for the extra credits.  If you have premium then the compensation is 50% more than the repair costs. :teethhappy:

Thank you. Did not know this.

sgtYester #17 Posted 29 July 2018 - 08:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 54457 battles
  • [RANGF] RANGF

because spall liners just dont work. put them on sup[erheavies like e-100/maus/type4/5 and no difference in hp lost/dead crew/ rekt modules.

arty is plainly overbuffed and when u get more than 1 in a battle its to much and takes away all the fun 

Homer_J #18 Posted 29 July 2018 - 08:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostsgtYester, on 29 July 2018 - 08:08 PM, said:

because spall liners just dont work. 

They do but they are more use against HE spamming tanks like Japanese heavies than arty which is going to hit your weakest armour anyway.

baribal_80 #19 Posted 29 July 2018 - 08:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21527 battles

View Post_Daemon__, on 29 July 2018 - 06:37 PM, said:

That heavily depends on play style and tank. Take sweden tds, they barely move unless changing sniper spot so vertical stabilizer is useless and some tanks can't even get it.

And arty is in no way bad for the game (ofc that's just my pov), it adds another element of playing more strategically instead of mindless rush and point and shoot or standing on open field, making you look and use surroundings better as simple open field where curvature of the ground protects you from enemy tanks won't protect you from arty at times. 

Also, why expect to not have balls to engage... in a game? it's just more of a relax. and also, once arty is found, it has almost no chance of surviving, is always support role and can't really shoot everywhere and has rather mediocre damage considering the rate of shooting

Seriously? You are saying swede TD's don't use vert stabs because they are not moving and not becuse THEY CAN"T MOUNT IT?

Also no arty doesn't add an element of thinking strategically. It punishes active play. If it only punished mindles rushing play then why most of the unicums hate arty? Do they get high winrates by mindless pushing? No! 

Also why I am saying you have no balls? Because you play a tank where I can't shoot you back when you are shooting me. This is why it's a class for cowards. I'm not saying arty is fun to play, I'm not saying it does a ton of damage so don't take this into our discussion. All we are talking about is - if arty is bad for the game - it negates armor, the splash is big enough I often get shot driving light tanks at full speed, it negates hull down, it negates side scraping, angling. Also arty usually shoots the forward guy making plays not the 4 morons in heavies who stay behind a rock the whole game. The biggest problem with arty is people don't like to get shot by arty so it makes them hide less and if your team doesn't support you, you can't make agressive plays and you have to camp. So arty makes gams slower and more campy. 

Edited by baribal_80, 29 July 2018 - 08:23 PM.

Kommandant_Mia #20 Posted 30 July 2018 - 04:34 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 902 battles

View PostsgtYester, on 29 July 2018 - 07:08 PM, said:

because spall liners just dont work. put them on sup[erheavies like e-100/maus/type4/5 and no difference in hp lost/dead crew/ rekt modules.

arty is plainly overbuffed and when u get more than 1 in a battle its to much and takes away all the fun 

53085 battles, you probably had no fun in about 50000 of them then. Masochist? ;P

Also tagged with arty, heavy, hate, equipment

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users