Jump to content


10% premium ammo usage ... my @ss


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

Metalmangorlo #1 Posted 29 July 2018 - 08:57 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 14078 battles
  • 44
  • Member since:
    04-22-2016
Examples. 4 games in a row. 10% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! premium ammo.

Attached Files

  • Attached File   liars1.jpg   21.88K
  • Attached File   liars2.jpg   35.6K
  • Attached File   liars3.jpg   24.4K
  • Attached File   liars4.jpg   21.24K


Jigabachi #2 Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:01 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17948 battles
  • 19,596
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
Old story, use the search function. We already laughed about WG's desperate try to belittle the prem ammo problem months ago. And if I remember correctly, WG aid that it was 5%, not 10%.

Nov_A #3 Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:15 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 49152 battles
  • 4,092
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
  • Member since:
    02-28-2012
Thats a lot of KUM.

Homer_J #4 Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:25 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 29705 battles
  • 31,448
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

Did somebody summon the Dingers?:justwait:

 

I see I'm not the first to arrive, and one of our training clan is here too.



baribal_80 #5 Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:31 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22268 battles
  • 539
  • Member since:
    02-27-2012

View PostMetalmangorlo, on 29 July 2018 - 07:57 PM, said:

Examples. 4 games in a row. 10% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! premium ammo.

 

It's 5% and you don't understand. Low tier tanks have HUGE rof and there are autocanons that fire 200-300 shells per game. Low tiers also fire much less premium ammo than high tiers. So if low tiers fire more and fire less premium they skew overall fired ammo profile towards low gold %. The % on high tiers is high but how many times an e100 fires per game? 10 at best? So even if an e100 fires 10 gold hells and a low tier autocanon fires 200 shells it's it's still 10/210 shells being gold. So 4.7%. See it's easy to see how they got 5%. They just suck at reading data.

Edited by baribal_80, 29 July 2018 - 09:33 PM.


ortega456 #6 Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:54 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 62790 battles
  • 1,075
  • Member since:
    06-08-2012
Wg will trigger a new data collection about good ammo usage per tier. At least some wg employee told so in three recent Q&A.
See thearmoredpatrol.com

Enforcer1975 #7 Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:09 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 20973 battles
  • 10,935
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014


AliceUnchained #8 Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:53 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 38414 battles
  • 8,928
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View PostMetalmangorlo, on 29 July 2018 - 08:57 PM, said:

Examples. 4 games in a row. 10% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! premium ammo.

 

Hmm yes, obviously the only rounds fired in each of those games are the ones fired at you... And the games you're in also are the only ones played... Seriously, why do you low IQ gits always feel the need to create yet another garbage thread for this?

 

@Mods: Lock and junk please, and give permanent read-only status to OP should it create another useless thread.



Jabba_The_Mutt #9 Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:08 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 4725 battles
  • 64
  • Member since:
    06-22-2014

View PostAliceUnchained, on 29 July 2018 - 09:53 PM, said:

 

Hmm yes, obviously the only rounds fired in each of those games are the ones fired at you... And the games you're in also are the only ones played... Seriously, why do you low IQ gits always feel the need to create yet another garbage thread for this?

 

@Mods: Lock and junk please, and give permanent read-only status to OP should it create another useless thread.

 

Do you dispute his claim that at the higher tiers the usage of premium ammo is a smidgen higher than the 5% (or 10% for that matter) that WG tells us? 

baribal_80 #10 Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:14 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22268 battles
  • 539
  • Member since:
    02-27-2012

View PostJabba_The_Mutt, on 29 July 2018 - 10:08 PM, said:

 

Do you dispute his claim that at the higher tiers the usage of premium ammo is a smidgen higher than the 5% (or 10% for that matter) that WG tells us? 

 

WG didn't tell us that the usage of prem ammo AT HIGHER TIERS is 5%. 

reight #11 Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:33 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 30653 battles
  • 23
  • Member since:
    12-02-2011

the best way to deal with this issue , is simply remove Gold shells from all tier 8 to tier 10 tanks lets see who has the skill to battle without Gold 

 



Jabba_The_Mutt #12 Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:33 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 4725 battles
  • 64
  • Member since:
    06-22-2014

View Postbaribal_80, on 29 July 2018 - 10:14 PM, said:

 

WG didn't tell us that the usage of prem ammo AT HIGHER TIERS is 5%. 

 

No they didn't. They made a statement saying that premium ammo usage is not a problem as it amounts to no more than 5% of overall shells fired across all tiers. WG knows very well that this statement is blatantly misleading and chooses to disregard the fact that the more you go up in tiers, the more premium ammo is required for most players. If WG claims that gameplay and ammo usage at tier 2 is even remotely comparable to tier 8 and up, they once again admit they don't know their own game.

Occam's razor applies here...does anyone think WG does not develop their golden goose game in a direction that ensures players are practically forced into spending money when they reach higher tiers or otherwise face a distinct disadvantage or an inordinate amount of playing time to just keep up with the game's economy?

 

Before anyone starts harping on about f2p players being leeches or such, I have no problem spending money on a game I still enjoy and as such have no problem loading the premium round when I feel it's called for. But I'm a working man with plenty of dough to spend, and I do realise that that's not the case for everybody.



reight #13 Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:40 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 30653 battles
  • 23
  • Member since:
    12-02-2011
i think to be honest the usage is higher than the 10% most top tier battles are using Gold , i do think that war gaming should cap it at each higher tier say 9 for tier 8 / 7 for tier 9  / and 5 for tier 10 , that would create a greater balance in the game at these tiers , and would be more fun , now i am not saying everyone is using Gold all the time but i find it to be the top tanks that are doing so every time , so i think it should have a limit , we would then see better battles at top tiers 

Edited by reight, 29 July 2018 - 11:41 PM.


baribal_80 #14 Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:50 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22268 battles
  • 539
  • Member since:
    02-27-2012

View PostJabba_The_Mutt, on 29 July 2018 - 10:33 PM, said:

 

No they didn't. They made a statement saying that premium ammo usage is not a problem as it amounts to no more than 5% of overall shells fired across all tiers. WG knows very well that this statement is blatantly misleading and chooses to disregard the fact that the more you go up in tiers, the more premium ammo is required for most players. If WG claims that gameplay and ammo usage at tier 2 is even remotely comparable to tier 8 and up, they once again admit they don't know their own game.

Occam's razor applies here...does anyone think WG does not develop their golden goose game in a direction that ensures players are practically forced into spending money when they reach higher tiers or otherwise face a distinct disadvantage or an inordinate amount of playing time to just keep up with the game's economy?

 

Before anyone starts harping on about f2p players being leeches or such, I have no problem spending money on a game I still enjoy and as such have no problem loading the premium round when I feel it's called for. But I'm a working man with plenty of dough to spend, and I do realise that that's not the case for everybody.

 

You are assuming competence. It's a common mistake people make. Nokia or Kodak didn't go bust on purpose. 

Jabba_The_Mutt #15 Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:56 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 4725 battles
  • 64
  • Member since:
    06-22-2014

View Postbaribal_80, on 29 July 2018 - 10:50 PM, said:

 

You are assuming competence. It's a common mistake people make. Nokia or Kodak didn't go bust on purpose. 

 

One could assume it's merely incompetence, granted. But you can't deny that a lot of the decisions this company has made the last two years, simply reek of entering the "cashing in" mode.

AliceUnchained #16 Posted 30 July 2018 - 07:42 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 38414 battles
  • 8,928
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View PostJabba_The_Mutt, on 29 July 2018 - 11:08 PM, said:

Do you dispute his claim that at the higher tiers the usage of premium ammo is a smidgen higher than the 5% (or 10% for that matter) that WG tells us? 

 

What OP has written hardly can be considered a claim. Furthermore, 4 (cherry picked) screen shots showing what has been fired at him cannot in any way be considered proper support for any such 'claim'. I have no doubt that premium ammo usage at higher Tiers surpasses the 5% Wargaming has given us in the past, but a few such screen shots serve us nothing, and this thread is a non-constructive waste of space.



Jabba_The_Mutt #17 Posted 30 July 2018 - 08:31 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 4725 battles
  • 64
  • Member since:
    06-22-2014

View PostAliceUnchained, on 30 July 2018 - 06:42 AM, said:

 

What OP has written hardly can be considered a claim. Furthermore, 4 (cherry picked) screen shots showing what has been fired at him cannot in any way be considered proper support for any such 'claim'. I have no doubt that premium ammo usage at higher Tiers surpasses the 5% Wargaming has given us in the past, but a few such screen shots serve us nothing, and this thread is a non-constructive waste of space.

 

Sometimes people just need to vent, its healthy for the heart. I got his point though from the title alone, he was even lucid enough to substitute the 'a' in it. But I also understand your perspective too, we all feel the need to act as undercover moderator sometimes. 

Gremlin182 #18 Posted 30 July 2018 - 08:46 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 49662 battles
  • 8,362
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

Don't really care if the usage is 5% 10% or 100% the constant whining about it gets a bit much but I can tune it out and some of it is amusing.

Gold ammo doesn't exist it did for a short time when it was only available for gold you should maybe consider calling it credit ammo.

 

Premium ammo yeah ok I can accept that still don't know why the complaints about it.

So your armour gets penned because they use better ammo and ?

This is supposed to be wrong or unfair oh please get over yourselves.

 

The ammo was created to beat tough armour its real ammo and I have yet to read a report about tank warfare where they go on about how use of APCR and HEAT shells is unfair.

Lets call for the nerfing of tanks that use gold armour that my shells cannot pen its as logical.

 

Happy to support a game mode where premium ammo is either limited or removed.

I suggest single tier matches and just ad a box to tick if you want that type of game.

Randoms sorry premium ammo spam will continue as it should.

 



G_Bg_82 #19 Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:32 AM

    Moderator

  • Moderator
  • 5287 battles
  • 82
  • [KIDS_] KIDS_
  • Member since:
    03-21-2018

Hi players , 

 

 This thread was closed for non constructive title and contents. Please post when you have something constructive to add!

 

 

Have a nice day !

G_Bg_82

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users