Suspiciously good first game in a new tank?!

#conspiracy #tinfoil #bots

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Bexleyheath #1 Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:53 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4269 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I just had my first game in the T7 Panther, and to say that the game went well is an understatement. Top of the team, 5000+ WN8, ace tanker and a ton of medals just for pressing the W key and shooting everything in front of me. Which is very odd since Im a below average, casual player. So odd, in fact, that I suspect something went on behind that scenes that essentially just gave me the game on a silver platter. 

REPLAY LINK: http://wotreplays.eu/site/4468132#glacier-bexleyheath-panther

I've heard that WG tweaks the matchmaking so your first few games in a new tank ensures that you get put in top tier, but this was more than that. It felt like someone had switched on 'godmode' and all I had to do was drive and shoot. The enemy barely seemed to notice me, and when they did, their shots just bounced off armour. At the very least, there was some heavy tweaking of RNG going on, but I think there was more to it than that. I suspect that most of the players involved arent players at all, but bots run by WG.

What do you think? Was I just insanely lucky or is it time to don the tinfoil hats? ;)

P.S: I know this post seems dodgy, but this is honestly not an attempt to humblebrag. Im not about to start a youtube channel or anything.

Desyatnik_Pansy #2 Posted 29 July 2018 - 09:57 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 15600 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
IIRC The first game is always "top tier" (though I don't think it cares whether it's you as the 3 in 3-5-7, 5 in 5-10 or just a full same tier battle), and you got pretty lucky otherwise by probably facing a rather incompetent team. I think the tinfoil hats are best left untouched.

iztok #3 Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:38 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles

Hi!

I watched the replay. Nothing suspicious, just a bunch of incompetents. I could include you there: while fighting that pack of tanks around 12:00, you  NEVER checked your left side, that was completely open to opponents in center. They likely did the same. Tunnel vision working as intended. ;)

Nevertheless, congrats to good game! :)

BR,  Iztok

Cuck0osNest #4 Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7429 battles
  • [YGDRA] YGDRA
I think it is just your interest towards new vehicle

GuliwerReborn #5 Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23455 battles

Check how Ive started Caernarvon

its 1621 WN8 after 81 battles

Think only once 1st battle I had wasnt as top tier, think it was on one of arties

Attached Files

• Attached File   Caernarvon.png   299.9K

Edited by GuliwerReborn, 29 July 2018 - 11:16 PM.

Babbet_1 #6 Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10563 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Well, being a complete noob myself, I'll leave the constructive criticism to others, and just say "GG, well played!" It's games like that, that we all need from time to time, to remind ourselves why we are all still here! :)

Tankyouverymuch2 #7 Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29707 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

I can confirm this is true.

My first ever battle in the WZ-111, I had a 50% crew, I was top tier. I won the game with an Ace Tanker. This happened back when it was a marathon reward tank.

Funny how I'll always remember that. :D You try getting an Ace with a 50% crew, even if top tier...especially in nowadays wot.

Bexleyheath #8 Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:55 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4269 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

You've all got some very good points, but it just seems a bit too suspicious that WG hands you these "golden games" just at the right time to keep you playing their game. Wish they would just make the MM completely random OR explain exactly how it works

View PostBabbet_1, on 29 July 2018 - 11:32 PM, said:

It's games like that, that we all need from time to time, to remind ourselves why we are all still here! :)

*puts on tinfoil hat* ..which is PRECISELY why wargaming does this! They trick us into continuing to play their silly game by throwing us the odd atificial bone! :o

Stalpanter #9 Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:58 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6519 battles
And the 15 first games after you brought new prem tank.:)

WindSplitter1 #10 Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:47 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 15544 battles

View PostBexleyheath, on 29 July 2018 - 08:53 PM, said:

I just had my first game in the T7 Panther, and to say that the game went well is an understatement. Top of the team, 5000+ WN8, ace tanker and a ton of medals just for pressing the W key and shooting everything in front of me. Which is very odd since Im a below average, casual player. So odd, in fact, that I suspect something went on behind that scenes that essentially just gave me the game on a silver platter. 

I've heard that WG tweaks the matchmaking so your first few games in a new tank ensures that you get put in top tier, but this was more than that. It felt like someone had switched on 'godmode' and all I had to do was drive and shoot. The enemy barely seemed to notice me, and when they did, their shots just bounced off armour. At the very least, there was some heavy tweaking of RNG going on, but I think there was more to it than that. I suspect that most of the players involved arent players at all, but bots run by WG.

What do you think? Was I just insanely lucky or is it time to don the tinfoil hats? ;)

P.S: I know this post seems dodgy, but this is honestly not an attempt to humblebrag. Im not about to start a youtube channel or anything.

I got a Radley Walters + High Caliber + Master Tanker in my first match with the Type 62, right after buying it. Felt very proud of myself.

InfrequentHazard #11 Posted 30 July 2018 - 02:22 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27644 battles
First battle in my SuperPershing, 4k damage, 5 kills. Last tank left vs 3, bullied a borsig, trounced a brace of Tigers (I & II), got a "P2W gold noob" PM (no APCR used) off the Tiger II, glorious. Sadly, not a portent for the future.

Mike_Mckay #12 Posted 30 July 2018 - 04:53 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18744 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostBabbet_1, on 29 July 2018 - 10:32 PM, said:

Well, being a complete noob myself, I'll leave the constructive criticism to others, and just say "GG, well played!" It's games like that, that we all need from time to time, to remind ourselves why we are all still here! :)

I'm sure if enough people stopped playing WG would add them regularly to everyones game rotation :)

It does also seem that you either get a stellar team AND the RNG goes in your favour or a completely crap team and the RNG goes totally in the enemy teams favour

So I wouldn't throw your tin foil hat away just yet :hiding:

Edited by Mike_Mckay, 30 July 2018 - 05:01 AM.

JocMeister #13 Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:33 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21863 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
First battle in KV-3. Ace + 3,8k damage.

Slyspy #14 Posted 30 July 2018 - 06:53 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14193 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
It always used to be that a new tank was top tier for the first battle (a boon for a prem, not so much for a stock) but I'm not convinced that it is a feature of the current MM. 

250swb #15 Posted 30 July 2018 - 08:45 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21720 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBexleyheath, on 29 July 2018 - 10:55 PM, said:

You've all got some very good points, but it just seems a bit too suspicious that WG hands you these "golden games" just at the right time to keep you playing their game.

It's simply amazing that a player has a good game and still wants to find fault and complain, or is it about how low your expectations are in the first place? 'Golden games' happen, if they surprise you so much it triggers a conspiracy theory then that's more to do with what's between your ears than MM.

Bexleyheath #16 Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:30 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4269 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Hah! I wouldnt have been surprised if it had happened to someone who's actually good playing a decent tank, but when it's ME involved...  :teethhappy:

Mike_Mckay #17 Posted 30 July 2018 - 03:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18744 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostBexleyheath, on 29 July 2018 - 10:55 PM, said:

You've all got some very good points, but it just seems a bit too suspicious that WG hands you these "golden games" just at the right time to keep you playing their game. Wish they would just make the MM completely random OR explain exactly how it works

*puts on tinfoil hat* ..which is PRECISELY why wargaming does this! They trick us into continuing to play their silly game by throwing us the odd atificial bone! :o

IF, and it will always be nothing more than an "if" that is what happens it wouldn't be surprising at all

Slot machines monitor the time it takes someone to put coins in, if they do it quickly they win less, if they slow down the chance of winning increases to keep them playing as well as a vast array of other dynamic changes in the pay out pattern to make them as profitable as possible

So "if" that was the case they would just be doing the same as many other forms of "game" do to keep people hooked and spending money

With gambling the restrictions in most countries only go as far as a minimum pay out "on average" which means they can manipulate win rates perfectly legally as long as "overall" they meet the requirements. This allows them to increase players win rates when they are new to get them hooked and take those wins from players identified as already being hooked to ensure the ONLY ever pay out the minimum required over all and barely anything more ever

The idea some kind of similar process doesn't go on in games with microtransactions is to say the least naive

wot_chikor #18 Posted 31 July 2018 - 01:01 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 58142 battles

View PostBexleyheath, on 29 July 2018 - 08:53 PM, said:

look  at my numbers of battles , and i am also playing world  warships , and i can ensure you 100% that WG tweaks your first games so that you get  some extra better rng , extra accuracy , and top tier mm ... 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users