This game has become extremely unenjoyable

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

TheOddRogue #1 Posted 30 July 2018 - 06:50 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9985 battles

Ok i'm thinking, I want to play some world of tanks, the game that I have played for years and enjoyed during those years, lets's have some fun. 

I go into battle with my favorite tier 9, let's say russian heavy T10. 

I go into battle, the map is loaded quickly since I the game on an ssd drive, the map is beautiful, really beautiful, how can you not enjoy a game in such a map you think since it's so pretty. 

Game starts, there is 3 artillery, I go and push on the frontlines, first shot at an enemy is a critical hit doing no damage, great. I am in a cover position from artillery, but somehow they manage to shot me while I'm in full cover, great. Now i am sidescraping against the enemies and suddenly I get blasted with an HE round, because it's a [edited]type 5 heavy camping in the back and blasting everyone with HE, so me effectively using my armor is pointless, great. 

All this things add up and make the experience very [edited]unenjoyable, the rng, the arty, the broken tanks. Not to mention how bad some maps are designed, and adding to the bad map design the rng, the arty, the broken tanks is [edited]absolutely killing my enjoyment of this game. 

You have fucked up big time in this game, you somehow managed to make my favorite game that i played for years and enjoyed it, you somehow managed to kill the joy that this game gave me.

EDIT: This isn't a arty whine thread, arty is just one of the problematic things in this game along with the RNG and broken tanks. I'm talking about the game in general, not just arty, so please don't remove this thread, thank you :)

Edited by TheOddRogue, 30 July 2018 - 05:10 PM.

Hedgehog1963 #2 Posted 30 July 2018 - 07:11 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 50889 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

View PostTheOddRogue, on 30 July 2018 - 05:50 AM, said:

I am in a cover position from artillery, but somehow they manage to shot me while I'm in full cover, great.

Then plainly and obviously what you thought was a "cover position from artillery" was nothing of the sort. You've played badly and blame the game.  Think about what it says about your approach to the game.

It's a matter of managing your expectations given your skill level.  I'm not a much better player than you but I realise that if I do badly, it is because I'm mediocre.  It isn't the fault of the game.

Harsh for a Monday morning.  But there it is.

NoobySkooby #3 Posted 30 July 2018 - 07:19 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10793 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View PostTheOddRogue, on 30 July 2018 - 06:50 AM, said:

Ok i'm thinking, I want to play some world of tanks, the game that I have played for years and enjoyed during those years, lets's have some fun. 

I go into battle with my favorite tier 9, let's say russian heavy T10. 

I go into battle, the map is loaded quickly since I the game on an ssd drive, the map is beautiful, really beautiful, how can you not enjoy a game in such a map you think since it's so pretty. 

Game starts, there is 3 artillery, I go and push on the frontlines, first shot at an enemy is a critical hit doing no damage, great. I am in a cover position from artillery, but somehow they manage to shot me while I'm in full cover, great. Now i am sidescraping against the enemies and suddenly I get blasted with an HE round, because it's a [edited]type 5 heavy camping in the back and blasting everyone with HE, so me effectively using my armor is pointless, great. 

All this things add up and make the experience very [edited]unenjoyable, the rng, the arty, the broken tanks. Not to mention how bad some maps are designed, and adding to the bad map design the rng, the arty, the broken tanks is [edited]absolutely killing my enjoyment of this game. 

You have fucked up big time in this game, you somehow managed to make my favorite game that i played for years and enjoyed it, you somehow managed to kill the joy that this game gave me.

Ok well you can always un install, so see you later

AXIS_OF_RESISTANCE #4 Posted 30 July 2018 - 07:29 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7457 battles

replay ?

Nethraniel #5 Posted 30 July 2018 - 07:30 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12528 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I also came back to WoT a couple of month ago, and had a break from the game for almost a year prior to that. Took me now a couple of hundred games, but now I stabilize and improve my results again. I knew, I would be crap at the start. However, it was fun to be back and getting decent again. Maybe, just maybe most players should try a more laid back and self-reflecting approach. Stops raging, gives more fun, and I just have an easy time playing and relaxing. Try it, it works. 

Cobra6 #6 Posted 30 July 2018 - 07:57 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostTheOddRogue, on 30 July 2018 - 05:50 AM, said:

Hey, but at least they've attracted about 4-5 new "Steve's" with bigger wallets then brains which is ultimately the only thing they care about. You don't matter if there are multitudes there to replace you who spend more money, the long term health of the game doesn't even matter in the end as long as there is short term profit to be made.

Cobra 6

Tzorion #7 Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:26 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 3838 battles

This: "Game starts, there is 3 artillery" made me think.. oh no another "Arty whine thread"  :)

but hey! this is the result of the first many years of arty whine!

They nerfed alpha dmg and introduced stun mechanics!!

in the old scenario you would not have been hit by arty (unless you fully exposed your side...)

oh ye.. let us make whine topics with the title "Bring back old arty!!!"  :) 

juonimies #8 Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:51 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 43760 battles
  • [KARJU] KARJU
Lets make this game unenjoyable for WG too. Lets all stop paying money to these criminals. 

tumppi776 #9 Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:24 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 41436 battles
  • [GG_EZ] GG_EZ

View PostCobra6, on 30 July 2018 - 06:57 AM, said:

Hey, but at least they've attracted about 4-5 new "Steve's" with bigger wallets then brains which is ultimately the only thing they care about. You don't matter if there are multitudes there to replace you who spend more money, the long term health of the game doesn't even matter in the end as long as there is short term profit to be made.

Cobra 6

Looking at the summer discounts makes me think "end is nigh"

2 years ago you could only dream abt discounts like that....

3-5-7 and all BS pancake RU tanks -RIP?

TankTanic_SB #10 Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:42 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10045 battles
I just gave a new chance to armored warfare in the last days. The game is so much more relaxing compared to the toxic gameplay of Wot. Just give it a chance. :)

Rati_Festa #11 Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41437 battles

View Posttumppi776, on 30 July 2018 - 10:24 AM, said:

3-5-7 and all BS pancake RU tanks -RIP?

I would imagine the t8 prem tanks have plummeted in sales recently, fighting t10 constantly in them is not enjoyable at all... 

As for Ops post he paints a pretty convincing picture of the game at the moment. Idiot vehicles that require very little actual skill to play ruining the game.

I cant really see the appeal of driving a jap heavy at all, I automatically press 2 on seeing one and focus them. It must get pretty boring being gold focused in them constantly.

HQ65 #12 Posted 30 July 2018 - 11:20 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28635 battles
  • [CMERC] CMERC

View PostCobra6, on 30 July 2018 - 07:57 AM, said:

Cobra 6

To be honest, if it was your game and your wallet....what would you have in mind?

View PostTankTanic_SB, on 30 July 2018 - 10:42 AM, said:

I just gave a new chance to armored warfare in the last days. The game is so much more relaxing compared to the toxic gameplay of Wot. Just give it a chance. :)

Turn off chat.....The game is really quite fine without it.

TheOddRogue #13 Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:08 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9985 battles

View PostHedgehog1963, on 30 July 2018 - 06:11 AM, said:

Then plainly and obviously what you thought was a "cover position from artillery" was nothing of the sort. You've played badly and blame the game.  Think about what it says about your approach to the game.

It's a matter of managing your expectations given your skill level.  I'm not a much better player than you but I realise that if I do badly, it is because I'm mediocre.  It isn't the fault of the game.

Harsh for a Monday morning.  But there it is.

So what do you expect I do? *edit in the back and snipe? [edited]no, that sort of playstyle is pathetic and I won't give in to it. If you are in full cover it only makes sense that you don't get damaged or stunned, what the [edited]is the point of cover if it doesn't work. 

Honestly arty is just one of the problems along with the sickening RNG in this game and the broken [edited] tanks. 

Edited by xxTANK_Uxx, 30 July 2018 - 05:09 PM.
Inappropriate remarks

krismorgan #14 Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 31354 battles
  • [UKT] UKT

View Postjuonimies, on 30 July 2018 - 08:51 AM, said:

Lets make this game unenjoyable for WG too. Lets all stop paying money to these criminals. 

But the sheep keep paying so they just keep churning them out.

Hedgehog1963 #15 Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:26 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 50889 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

View PostTheOddRogue, on 30 July 2018 - 04:08 PM, said:

So what do you expect I do? *edit in the back and snipe? [edited]no, that sort of playstyle is pathetic and I won't give in to it. If you are in full cover it only makes sense that you don't get damaged or stunned, what the [edited]is the point of cover if it doesn't work. 

Honestly arty is just one of the problems along with the sickening RNG in this game and the broken [edited] tanks. 

The point being you weren't in full cover.

Handling the effects of RNG, or rather taking the possible effects into account when deciding what to do, is as big a part of this game as driving and shooting.

wot_chikor #16 Posted 31 July 2018 - 01:11 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 58142 battles

exactly as if you speak about me .

i moved to world of warships , gie it a try its btter .

as for world of taks , it borderline unplayble 

NoobySkooby #17 Posted 31 July 2018 - 01:56 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10793 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View PostTheOddRogue, on 30 July 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

Yeah well like it or hate it, arty ain't going nowhere, if you don't enjoy the game, don't play seriously i was talking to a kid just now who expects to win every game, deluded or what? he is about to get blocked as his attitude bugs me, if you cry about taking a hit then you should not be playing any war game.

malachi6 #18 Posted 31 July 2018 - 06:58 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 49232 battles
When you get hit by arty there is a direction marker that lets you know where the arty is firing from and deduce there general location.  Using that knowledge you can try to mitigate that position.

Cobra6 #19 Posted 31 July 2018 - 07:47 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Posttumppi776, on 30 July 2018 - 09:24 AM, said:

Yep, the moment a publisher starts to give a multitude of massive discount on items that never used to have them and starts to sell things/vehicles/items that are/were considered as overpowered on a large scale, you know they've started to give up on their product/service.

It is unfortunate since it's actually Wargaming themselves that have been speeding up this decline fanning it with bad gameplay decisions, bad balancing decisions and spamming their audience with so many premium tanks they've lost all their special attractiveness.

View PostHQ65, on 30 July 2018 - 10:20 AM, said:

To be honest, if it was your game and your wallet....what would you have in mind?

Making it the most enjoyable for the longest amount of time for your oldest customers as those are the ones that have supported you from the start. New people are far less relevant as they also are far more likely to leave again after a short while.

Cobra 6

250swb #20 Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:28 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21707 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCobra6, on 31 July 2018 - 06:47 AM, said:

Yep, the moment a publisher starts to give a multitude of massive discount on items that never used to have them and starts to sell things/vehicles/items that are/were considered as overpowered on a large scale, you know they've started to give up on their product/service.

It is unfortunate since it's actually Wargaming themselves that have been speeding up this decline fanning it with bad gameplay decisions, bad balancing decisions and spamming their audience with so many premium tanks they've lost all their special attractiveness.

I'm not saying WG haven't made some bad decisions regarding the gameplay. But good grief they've just given the game a massive update that has attracted some new players and those players shouldn't all be held back just to satisfy the jealousy of established players whining about 'it wasn't like this in my day'. Talk about a bunch on moaning minnies.

You may not like it but it's been damned clear on the forums for a long time that many new players feel left behind by not being able to get the tanks and deals that established players have accumulated over the years. I guess we've all done it to some extent, saying to a new player 'no you can't have a Defender, it was OP' where the subtext is 'but I've got one so suck it up kid'. So if the new players are feeling justifiably hard done by and start to leave again something has to be done sometime to redress the situation, to level the playing field again.

P.S. As regards the OP's comments, well the best thing to do is go off and play some current trending games, and a couple of weeks later you'll start to think that WOT is actually quite good after all.

Edited by 250swb, 31 July 2018 - 08:35 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users