Jump to content


Over 50% average win ratio?


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

SevernaSnaga #1 Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:26 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2890 battles
  • 241
  • [BZVZ] BZVZ
  • Member since:
    01-30-2018

So, i like to use Tanks.gg when new tanks come into game to learn their weakspots, but Tanks.gg also gives players information.

For average stats, it says that average win-ratio is 50.4% on EU(very similar on NA and ASIA as well), but that doesnt make sence since when 15 people win, 15 of other players will lose. Sometimes draw will happen, which decreases % of wins for 30 players.

So my question is how is it possible for win ratio over 50%

Also, it says that average number of battles is 13,161, which sound a lot, specially because new players start to play WOT every day.



Trostani #2 Posted 30 July 2018 - 12:46 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 48119 battles
  • 1,204
  • Member since:
    11-16-2012
If there would be ideal MM and always you would face same tank in opposite team - then you would have right. In fact this is quite rare and this cause that results vary from 50%.

SevernaSnaga #3 Posted 30 July 2018 - 01:43 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2890 battles
  • 241
  • [BZVZ] BZVZ
  • Member since:
    01-30-2018

View PostTrostani, on 30 July 2018 - 12:46 PM, said:

If there would be ideal MM and always you would face same tank in opposite team - then you would have right. In fact this is quite rare and this cause that results vary from 50%.

 

Im sorry, but i dont understand what are you saying.

It doesnt matter if you play against diffrent tank, you will still win/lose and he will still get opposite result



Trostani #4 Posted 30 July 2018 - 04:10 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 48119 battles
  • 1,204
  • Member since:
    11-16-2012
Do you know what is win ratio? It's % of won matches, if I'll play 100 games in tank and win 54 % my win ratio in this tank will be 54%. Now if you will make average from all players on that given tank you will have global WR. It will never be 50% because on given tank win ratio and lose ratio don't sum to 100% globaly.

SevernaSnaga #5 Posted 30 July 2018 - 04:28 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2890 battles
  • 241
  • [BZVZ] BZVZ
  • Member since:
    01-30-2018

View PostTrostani, on 30 July 2018 - 04:10 PM, said:

Do you know what is win ratio? It's % of won matches, if I'll play 100 games in tank and win 54 % my win ratio in this tank will be 54%. Now if you will make average from all players on that given tank you will have global WR. It will never be 50% because on given tank win ratio and lose ratio don't sum to 100% globaly.

 

i do know what win ratio is, but picture this.

You win 54 battles(out of 100)- if you have 14 teammates in every game, that means 54*15=810, 810-amount of victories by people who played in your team.

But, at the same time, 54*15 enemies have lost those battles, which means that its same amount of loses and victories.

Using that logic, there should be 50% win ratio for all players(in those 100 battles)

But, if we count in the draws(lets say 2 in 100 matches are draws), it means that you have won 54 matches, lost 44, and had 2 draws, and this also aplies for your team.

at the same time, players who played against you have lost 54, won 44, and had 2 draws, which sums up for

54*15+44*15=1470 victories

44*15+54*15=1470 loses

2*15+2*15=60 loses

which means that average victory for players should be a bit below 50%

 

Im sorry if i am missing something, but thats the reason i posted this in first place, because i dont see the logic behind +50% win ratio

 

 



SiliconSidewinder #6 Posted 30 July 2018 - 04:39 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 28045 battles
  • 5,354
  • Member since:
    09-16-2012

to get back to the original question, as I understood it.

Tanks gg is not a official site.

I don't know where they take their data from and how they process it, there are several indicators though that they aren't looking at the whole player population.

Which is then the answer you are looking for, the avarage tanks gg player has a above 50% winratio because tanks gg is not processing all players.

 



Nishi_Kinuyo #7 Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:06 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 8070 battles
  • 4,931
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

Funny.

Wot-news gives me an entirely different result; http://wot-news.com/...n#server-main-8

A graph showing both number of players with x% WR and x% Loss Rate, with obviously, the lossrate curve being higher on average than the winrate curve (they meet somewhere around 49,5%).

 

Another thing; the number of players on shown in the chart on tanks.gg is way too low to be representative of a server.

So my guess its that it shows the average WR of tanks.gg members, XVM members, or something along those lines.



Trostani #8 Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:48 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 48119 battles
  • 1,204
  • Member since:
    11-16-2012

View PostSevernaSnaga, on 30 July 2018 - 03:28 PM, said:

 

i do know what win ratio is, but picture this.

You win 54 battles(out of 100)- if you have 14 teammates in every game, that means 54*15=810, 810-amount of victories by people who played in your team.

But, at the same time, 54*15 enemies have lost those battles, which means that its same amount of loses and victories.

Using that logic, there should be 50% win ratio for all players(in those 100 battles)

But, if we count in the draws(lets say 2 in 100 matches are draws), it means that you have won 54 matches, lost 44, and had 2 draws, and this also aplies for your team.

at the same time, players who played against you have lost 54, won 44, and had 2 draws, which sums up for

54*15+44*15=1470 victories

44*15+54*15=1470 loses

2*15+2*15=60 loses

which means that average victory for players should be a bit below 50%

 

Im sorry if i am missing something, but thats the reason i posted this in first place, because i dont see the logic behind +50% win ratio

 

 

Battles with WG bots on low tiers, battles where number of players is not the same - with old MM it happen late at night.



SevernaSnaga #9 Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:57 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2890 battles
  • 241
  • [BZVZ] BZVZ
  • Member since:
    01-30-2018

View PostTrostani, on 30 July 2018 - 05:48 PM, said:

Battles with WG bots on low tiers, battles where number of players is not the same - with old MM it happen late at night.

 

thank you for your patience, bots are probably the reason(but old MM could be as well)

 



SiliconSidewinder #10 Posted 30 July 2018 - 07:40 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 28045 battles
  • 5,354
  • Member since:
    09-16-2012

and... just like that your thread became a  tinfoilhat thread. :medal:

 

 



Balc0ra #11 Posted 31 July 2018 - 05:53 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 68087 battles
  • 17,677
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

Two 55's don't make a 100% ture. But that can only be true if they play the same battles on opposing teams all the time. And since you don't play vs the same people all the time, and everyone takes their own path facing different people playing other tanks vs what others did in the same tank. Thus you can say it's not a 50% flat, but rather that you take it from other tanks, not their own in a way. Tho not 100% correct either but said to make the point more clear. Thus it has a chance to win more then it loses. Or.. lose more then it wins as there are sub 50% tanks too. 

 

 

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users