Jump to content


Gun sounds


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Gun Sounds (24 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Would you like to hear more gun sounds for tanks? (Perhaps an even more powerful sound for 170mm+?

  1. Yes. (22 votes [91.67%])

    Percentage of vote: 91.67%

  2. No. (2 votes [8.33%])

    Percentage of vote: 8.33%

Vote Hide poll

wEight_Tanker #1 Posted 30 July 2018 - 02:11 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 7538 battles
  • 459
  • [VI90M] VI90M
  • Member since:
    11-13-2016

Pre 9.14

37mm: POOF!

57mm: BANG!

85mm: BADOOM!

100mm: BRAOOM!

122mm: BREOOMMM!!

155mm: KABOOOOOOMMM!!!

 

Post 9.14

37mm: boop

57mm: plef!

85mm: BaLEF!

100mm: PSCHLK!

122mm: BOOMFOOM!

155mm: TACHAOOOOOOOWWW!!!!

 

What happened there?


Edited by wEight_Tanker, 30 July 2018 - 02:14 PM.


Aimless #2 Posted 30 July 2018 - 02:28 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 22617 battles
  • 2,478
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-19-2010
Gun sounds??? Pfff, I want (and always wanted) better engine sounds!

Steiner011 #3 Posted 30 July 2018 - 02:39 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 37976 battles
  • 1,343
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB
  • Member since:
    10-09-2012
http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/596268-1023-gnomefathers-hrmod-by-zorgane-v-127/

Nishi_Kinuyo #4 Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:53 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 7478 battles
  • 3,902
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011
They sound much better than before, don't you think? :medal:

unhappy_bunny #5 Posted 30 July 2018 - 06:02 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17926 battles
  • 2,459
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012
not bothered by gun sounds, or engine noise, my bugbear is the Crew names and ranks in the British tanks. All my british cre have American names, like Chuck and Dwight. 

Tankyouverymuch2 #6 Posted 30 July 2018 - 06:42 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29681 battles
  • 1,259
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

What we really need is this:

 


Being serious now; how come these sounds never made it into the game? They were on a test server years ago but never made it in. The low-tier autocannons sound especially nice:

 

 

It seems this guy put them into a mod someplace.


Edited by Tankyouverymuch2, 30 July 2018 - 06:44 PM.


Andrasan89 #7 Posted 30 July 2018 - 06:43 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 6727 battles
  • 190
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014
who cares about this when balance is so broken...?
 

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 30 July 2018 - 06:42 PM, said:

 


Being serious now; how come these sounds never made it into the game? They were on a test server years ago but never made it in. The low-tier autocannons sound especially nice:

 

 

It seems this guy put them into a mod someplace.

is this a mod still working??

where i can find it?

this...really sounds AWESOME..

if ill ever install a mod then this is the one...


 

Edited by NickMustaine, 31 July 2018 - 08:33 AM.


Tankyouverymuch2 #8 Posted 30 July 2018 - 06:57 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29681 battles
  • 1,259
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostAndrasan89, on 30 July 2018 - 06:49 PM, said:

is this a mod still working??

where i can find it?

this...really sounds AWESOME..

 

I did some digging around, apparently they're in this link: http://www.inven.co.kr/board/wot/3211/5873?p=1&my=&category=&sort=PID&orderby=&where=&name=&subject=&content=&keyword=&sterm=&iskin=&mskin=

 

Look for a link with a .zip at the end of it. It won't allow me to link it directly.

 

I'll be honest I'm afraid to download that zipped folder myself, the mod is posted on some Korean site, and God knows if it'll even work in the current patch... Experiment at your own risk. And, if it works, tell me. :great:


Edited by Tankyouverymuch2, 30 July 2018 - 07:00 PM.


Andrasan89 #9 Posted 30 July 2018 - 07:21 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 6727 battles
  • 190
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

something much safer here...https://wgmods.net/673/

not sure wich is the best from modhub...:D

 

anyway that old lost one is still #1...


Edited by Andrasan89, 30 July 2018 - 07:49 PM.


loot_the_supermarket #10 Posted 30 July 2018 - 07:40 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 4139 battles
  • 121
  • Member since:
    01-03-2017

View PostAndrasan89, on 30 July 2018 - 07:21 PM, said:

something much safer here...https://wgmods.net/673/

not sure wich is the best..:D

 

No, imho not as good as the previous find, but I haven't got the courage to download a zip from a .kr domain either



WindSplitter1 #11 Posted 30 July 2018 - 08:30 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 15490 battles
  • 2,254
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View PostwEight_Tanker, on 30 July 2018 - 01:11 PM, said:

Pre 9.14

37mm: POOF!

57mm: BANG!

85mm: BADOOM!

100mm: BRAOOM!

122mm: BREOOMMM!!

155mm: CAAAAAAAWWWWW!!!

 

Post 9.14

37mm: boop

57mm: plef!

85mm: BaLEF!

100mm: PSCHLK!

122mm: BOOMFOOM!

155mm: TACHAOOOOOOOWWW!!!!

 

What happened there?

 

9.13 sounds were the best.

 

I used to love the respect-imposing sound of 155mm + guns cracking.



Baldrickk #12 Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:23 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 29530 battles
  • 13,757
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 30 July 2018 - 06:57 PM, said:

 

I did some digging around, apparently they're in this link: http://www.inven.co.kr/board/wot/3211/5873?p=1&my=&category=&sort=PID&orderby=&where=&name=&subject=&content=&keyword=&sterm=&iskin=&mskin=

 

Look for a link with a .zip at the end of it. It won't allow me to link it directly.

 

I'll be honest I'm afraid to download that zipped folder myself, the mod is posted on some Korean site, and God knows if it'll even work in the current patch... Experiment at your own risk. And, if it works, tell me. :great:

 

it won't allow you to link to it directly?  It's a WG link: http://content.warga.../audio_new (9.4).zip

also, it's clean: https://www.virustot...181c4/detection

 

edit: wow, WG's forum code is broken, breaking on the ) even after I URLencode it.

 

Happy to install it, if someone knows where fsb files should go

 

edit: 9.4 is before the new sound engine, isn't it...   It seems I'm going to have to learn how to extract the sounds and re-import them.


Edited by Baldrickk, 30 July 2018 - 09:34 PM.


Andrasan89 #13 Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:54 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 6727 battles
  • 190
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostBaldrickk, on 30 July 2018 - 09:23 PM, said:

 

it won't allow you to link to it directly?  It's a WG link: http://content.warga.../audio_new (9.4).zip

also, it's clean: https://www.virustot...181c4/detection

 

edit: wow, WG's forum code is broken, breaking on the ) even after I URLencode it.

 

Happy to install it, if someone knows where fsb files should go

 

edit: 9.4 is before the new sound engine, isn't it...   It seems I'm going to have to learn how to extract the sounds and re-import them.

 

post this here https://wgmods.net/673/

or contatct him...maybe he can use those sounds on his already done mod to improve it :P



Tankyouverymuch2 #14 Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:06 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29681 battles
  • 1,259
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostBaldrickk, on 30 July 2018 - 09:23 PM, said:

it won't allow you to link to it directly?  It's a WG link: http://content.warga.../audio_new (9.4).zip

also, it's clean: https://www.virustot...181c4/detection

 

edit: wow, WG's forum code is broken, breaking on the ) even after I URLencode it.

 

Happy to install it, if someone knows where fsb files should go

 

edit: 9.4 is before the new sound engine, isn't it...   It seems I'm going to have to learn how to extract the sounds and re-import them.

 

I thought it was as straightforward as pasting the files into the res_mods folder?

 

Quote: first copy the audio folder in res folder, paste it into 9.13 folder in res_mods folder. next, copy all files in the gunsound mod file you got and paste them into the audio folder in 9.13 folder.

 

That's how they described the installation in a comment on youtube.

 

Edit: in case it ain't clear... 9.13 refers to the current live update folder in the res_mods folder. So now it's 1.0.2.3.


Edited by Tankyouverymuch2, 30 July 2018 - 10:08 PM.


Baldrickk #15 Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:42 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 29530 battles
  • 13,757
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 30 July 2018 - 10:06 PM, said:

 

I thought it was as straightforward as pasting the files into the res_mods folder?

 

Quote: first copy the audio folder in res folder, paste it into 9.13 folder in res_mods folder. next, copy all files in the gunsound mod file you got and paste them into the audio folder in 9.13 folder.

 

That's how they described the installation in a comment on youtube.

 

Edit: in case it ain't clear... 9.13 refers to the current live update folder in the res_mods folder. So now it's 1.0.2.3.

 

well, it used to be.  9.16 brought the new sound engine that handles files completely differently.

I'm going to have to unpack the sounds, and pack them again in the new format.

Unfortunately, this means I need to learn how to do just that

 



Derethim #16 Posted 31 July 2018 - 12:15 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17135 battles
  • 1,856
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

I suggested this a hundred times...

More gun & engine sounds would be REALLY damn nice.


Each gun and each engine should have it's own sound, or at least a slightly different sound... and if that's too much, at least make each nation have it's own set of gun and engine sounds.

DONE.

It's not that hard to do and would make gun sounds much less annoying. Because that's what they are. Annoying.

 

View PostAndrasan89, on 30 July 2018 - 06:49 PM, said:

is this a mod still working??

where i can find it?

this...really sounds AWESOME..

if ill ever install a mod then this is the one...

 

They all sound the same, though. Even worse than the current sounds. They just have a longer echo loop at the end as the calibre increases.


 

Tankyouverymuch2 #17 Posted 31 July 2018 - 12:23 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29681 battles
  • 1,259
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostBaldrickk, on 30 July 2018 - 10:42 PM, said:

well, it used to be.  9.16 brought the new sound engine that handles files completely differently.

I'm going to have to unpack the sounds, and pack them again in the new format.

Unfortunately, this means I need to learn how to do just that

 

I think most of us here would be very grateful if you manage to do that. :)

Shuddnobetta #18 Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:13 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8757 battles
  • 307
  • Member since:
    11-22-2012
I'd prefer they fixed the hit sound problem.....and all the rest of the perceived problems before they waste time on gun sounds.

snowy76 #19 Posted 31 July 2018 - 11:09 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 26409 battles
  • 39
  • [KTTP] KTTP
  • Member since:
    09-25-2014

View PostShuddnobetta, on 31 July 2018 - 08:13 AM, said:

I'd prefer they fixed the hit sound problem.....and all the rest of the perceived problems before they waste time on gun sounds.

 

I can not believe that this is still not fixed, they have months to sort it.

Also, another pet hate is the fact that the Ammo rack damage is always the last audio damage warning you get.......



Derethim #20 Posted 31 July 2018 - 02:52 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17135 battles
  • 1,856
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

View PostShuddnobetta, on 31 July 2018 - 08:13 AM, said:

I'd prefer they fixed the hit sound problem.....and all the rest of the perceived problems before they waste time on gun sounds.

 

There is a dev team specialized on audio and it feels like they do nothing.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users