Question about applying a non-historical preset exterior style AND a full historical custom one

exterior editor style-tabs

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

r0f #1 Posted 30 July 2018 - 04:01 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6324 battles
  • [AFUNM] AFUNM

You can apply an non-historical preset exterior style (like, stuff we win) AND a full historical custom exterior style at the same time, in the exterior editor ...

Will the full historical style still show for people who have non-historical disabled?

Or is this a waste of your resources because nobody will see it? (like, does it default to no-skin with that option on)

Hope I made it clear enough what I'm asking here :harp:

Testing it myself I guess. luls. duh.

Edited by r0f, 30 July 2018 - 10:01 PM.

Spartiat777 #2 Posted 30 July 2018 - 04:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34279 battles

View Postr0f, on 30 July 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

Can't test this right now... does anyone know this ????

You can apply an non-historical preset exterior style (like, stuff we win) AND a full historical custom exterior style at the same time, in the exterior editor ...

Will the full historical style still show for people who have non-historical disabled?

Or is this a waste of your resources because nobody will see it? (like, does it default to no-skin with that option on)

Hope I made it clear enough what I'm asking here :harp:

Thanks!!!!

at least one piece of non-historical item causing all customizations invisible.

r0f #3 Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:17 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6324 battles
  • [AFUNM] AFUNM

View PostSpartiat777, on 30 July 2018 - 04:10 PM, said:

at least one piece of non-historical item causing all customizations invisible.

Yeah, but that is not the situation here right, as stated, this implies is a full historical style (custom tab)

and

a non-historical preset style (preset tab).

So basically you have 2 style-setups active, a historical one, and a none historical one.

Get the dilemma? Logic would dictate the full-historical one would show for those who won't see the non-historical style because they disabled none-historical ones only, right? :harp:

And I mean, you can actually do this, apply two different style-sets, two tabs... It does not return your 'stuff' to your depot / whatever if you apply a preset-style in the preset-tab over / with your custom-style in the custom-tab, it all stays on the tank unless you manually remove the pieces in one of both tabs, which would never show if this isn't possible so why would they stay on the tank in the first place? If this just isn't the case, I think it would be a nice update, being able to apply a historical and non-historical setup, as the option is in the game already. luls

If not, maybe make the editor return your 'stuff' thats being used in the custom-tab if you apply a preset-style in the preset-tab?

To make the question even more complex with examples; it could be the other way around as well; a non-historical custom setup with a full historical preset or two non-historical ones, or two historical ones... it doesn't make much sense that all this can be 'applied' without the stuff in the other tab being returned I guess.

Oh man, this feels like asking a higher math question here, I guess for now it's easier to apply a preset-style and keep your custom-style applied as well for that time you remove the preset-style ahahaha... that's me being positive in this place :bajan:

Edited by r0f, 30 July 2018 - 10:01 PM.

Homer_J #4 Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28692 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
You can't apply a preset style and a custom one at the same time.

xx984 #5 Posted 31 July 2018 - 05:58 AM

Major

• Player
  • 54851 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

View PostHomer_J, on 30 July 2018 - 09:08 PM, said:

You can't apply a preset style and a custom one at the same time.

Well, if you put on a custom style, then decide to use a preset. if you then change your mind again and go back to custom, your custom style is still there saved and already purchased like before. So as far as i can tell thats what the OP means.

And @OP, while i have no way of knowing for 100% i highly doubt it works that way, take what i say with a grain of salt as i may be wrong

Homer_J #6 Posted 31 July 2018 - 02:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28692 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postxx984, on 31 July 2018 - 05:58 AM, said:

Well, if you put on a custom style, then decide to use a preset. if you then change your mind again and go back to custom, your custom style is still there saved and already purchased like before. So as far as i can tell thats what the OP means.

It didn't when I last did it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users