Jump to content


WOW did not realise Leopard 1 so bad


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

F2PEXP #1 Posted 30 July 2018 - 04:25 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 3683 battles
  • 141
  • Member since:
    03-26-2018

watching a streamer last night and a comment made me go vbaddict and I was genuinely surprised at the win rate for leopard 1, a tank I quite like.

genuinely not sure how it can be so low?

not just the worst tank in game top 5 tiers but so far off the pace, the 2 tier 8s don't surprise me as much

 

Attached Files

  • Attached File   Screenshot (23).png   287.93K

Edited by F2PEXP, 30 July 2018 - 04:27 PM.


wsatnutter #2 Posted 30 July 2018 - 04:32 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Beta Tester
  • 24929 battles
  • 7,565
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010
tbh its who is playing the tank and how its being played, some tanks are quite testing I agree but there not bad.

BKatt #3 Posted 30 July 2018 - 05:36 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 32850 battles
  • 464
  • [ORIGN] ORIGN
  • Member since:
    04-28-2013

Well WG said in an interview that they cant buff Leopard 1, because then it will be too stronk, and type 5 heavy is balanced.

And ofcoure its not russian, so it must stay obsolete.:girl:



F2PEXP #4 Posted 30 July 2018 - 06:10 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 3683 battles
  • 141
  • Member since:
    03-26-2018

actually having a closer look amazed to see t-62 so low, its *edit awesome

also seeing t110 e5 there after all that whining it too op, so sad 


Edited by F2PEXP, 30 July 2018 - 06:15 PM.
Inappropriate remarks


gav00 #5 Posted 30 July 2018 - 06:15 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 7996 battles
  • 513
  • Member since:
    10-13-2013
I guess speed and maneuverability don't mean much if you're stuck in a corridor

skero #6 Posted 30 July 2018 - 06:37 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 25855 battles
  • 604
  • [UNI_C] UNI_C
  • Member since:
    06-01-2011

View PostF2PEXP, on 30 July 2018 - 06:10 PM, said:

actually having a closer look amazed to see t-62 so low, its *edit awesome

also seeing t110 e5 there after all that whining it too op, so sad 

 

E5 has the same issue now as M48 had with cupola. Compare IS7 to E5. It´s ridiculous.

HassenderZerhacker #7 Posted 31 July 2018 - 11:16 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 27202 battles
  • 2,394
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostF2PEXP, on 30 July 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

watching a streamer last night and a comment made me go vbaddict and I was genuinely surprised at the win rate for leopard 1, a tank I quite like.

genuinely not sure how it can be so low?

not just the worst tank in game top 5 tiers but so far off the pace, the 2 tier 8s don't surprise me as much

 

My opinion is that this is due to map design.

WG on purpose designs maps that are too small and where sniping is difficult or impossible without exposing the tank, except a few such as Malinovka, Prokhrovka and to a lesser extent Province, Carelia, Wadi. And then add poor camo values when firing and sluggish acceleration in the first meters from standstill, both for Leo PTA and Leo I, and you got tanks with low average winrate.



snowy76 #8 Posted 31 July 2018 - 11:23 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 27162 battles
  • 40
  • [KTTP] KTTP
  • Member since:
    09-25-2014

View Postgav00, on 30 July 2018 - 06:15 PM, said:

I guess speed and maneuverability don't mean much if you're stuck in a corridor

 

I have seen them rack up monster damage on the right map....shame there are so few of those maps in the game.

Mko #9 Posted 31 July 2018 - 01:03 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 16132 battles
  • 1,188
  • Member since:
    07-03-2010

I took a look at vbaddict and it's really alarming to see how many tanks are just utter trash (below 48% WR) and how there is basically no balance in the game. There's also plenty of tanks that are below 49% and these are bad as well, though still playable.

 

No wonder I rage-uninstalled the game the last time I played a couple weeks ago. Basically all the high tier tanks I have were powercrept to uselessness and it's just not enjoyable to play the game like that at all.

 

According to the vbaddict stats I only have a few tier 8+ tanks that are decent, some of which don't have a crew because of the insane grind... IS-3, Cent. 1, BC 12t (no crew), Obj. 257, E 50, AMX 13 90 (no crew), T-10 (no crew). Both the tier 10s I have are trash (T110E4 and E5). I used to enjoy the E5 so much, but now it's basically unplayable. E4 always was bad when I had it, it was only good when it was introduced, which was a very long time ago.

I have the M26 Pershing, but it's absolute trash, so how am I supposed to progress with it?


Edited by Mko, 31 July 2018 - 01:04 PM.


signal11th #10 Posted 31 July 2018 - 01:03 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 37004 battles
  • 5,692
  • Member since:
    07-14-2011
basically unlike russian meds that allow a few mistakes a leopard doesn't really allow any. That's the difference.

Sfinski #11 Posted 31 July 2018 - 01:23 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 31689 battles
  • 2,606
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    09-26-2013

View PostMko, on 31 July 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

I took a look at vbaddict and it's really alarming to see how many tanks are just utter trash (below 48% WR) and how there is basically no balance in the game. There's also plenty of tanks that are below 49% and these are bad as well, though still playable.

 

No wonder I rage-uninstalled the game the last time I played a couple weeks ago. Basically all the high tier tanks I have were powercrept to uselessness and it's just not enjoyable to play the game like that at all.

 

According to the vbaddict stats I only have a few tier 8+ tanks that are decent, some of which don't have a crew because of the insane grind... IS-3, Cent. 1, BC 12t (no crew), Obj. 257, E 50, AMX 13 90 (no crew), T-10 (no crew). Both the tier 10s I have are trash (T110E4 and E5). I used to enjoy the E5 so much, but now it's basically unplayable. E4 always was bad when I had it, it was only good when it was introduced, which was a very long time ago.

I have the M26 Pershing, but it's absolute trash, so how am I supposed to progress with it?

 

E4 trash? Along with 268-4 its the best t10 TD...

Mko #12 Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:17 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 16132 battles
  • 1,188
  • Member since:
    07-03-2010

View PostSfinski, on 31 July 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

 

E4 trash? Along with 268-4 its the best t10 TD...

 

 

Community stats show it's consistently underperforming.

It's slow, the turret cheeks are penetrated by standard ammo on tier 10, and the gun is not very good. Plus it has a tumor on top of the turret.

So I'm afraid I have to disagree.



Dr_ownape #13 Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:58 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 43289 battles
  • 5,476
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013
TBH i'm seriously considering buying the Leo. I love the PTA gameplay and stuggle to find a similar tank at tier 10. But there is so much i read against it that i can't bring myself to spend 6 mil on it, nvm retaining my crew




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users