WG's stance in MM might have something to do with this...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

WindSplitter1 #1 Posted 30 July 2018 - 08:56 PM

Major

• Player
  • 15997 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

Scout Matchmaking.

Correct me if I'm wrong but we didn't have the Magnum when Tier X LTs popped up, right? And even then, I suppose changes took their time to affect MM in a noticeable degree rather than an overnight change in the "meta".

I understand this may be a bit of a stretch given how things work but I think it's plausible, at the very least.

So perhaps giving the ability of LTs to show up somewhere else other than the bottom might be one thing that makes things difficult for Tier VIII tanks, for example.

WG stated that it takes as twice as much vehicles in Tier VI to make top tier VIIIs.

Before, I don't think this was an issue or at least as a big of an issue as it is seen now since MM could pick up a few Vs and pit them against VIIIs.

Meaning, there were plenty of (read: more) options for the MM to work towards making VIIIs top tier vs now, as you had 3 Tiers to choose from (V, VI and VII) rather than just two (VI and VII).

This would also be valid to other Tiers and MM types, except IX and X.

They probably already figured this one out in the HQ or based their decision on a calculated risk.

Who knows...?

This part is less objective and can be skipped:

I do enjoyed scout MM and personally, I think reverting things back on the lights could help things a bit.

Let's be honest, it's far more forgiving to lose an LT or an SPG on your team than say, an HT or MT (not that they are useless, but don't cripple the team as much as the latter case. Obviously, good players in any of the former can help carry their teams).

But more than pointing out what I like the game to have, just thought I could point out something that could've been missed. I doubt it and prolly someone else has thought about it.

But what do you think? Could the +/-2 Tier spread from LTs have something to do with it?

RamRaid90 #2 Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:47 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21494 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostWindSplitter1, on 30 July 2018 - 07:56 PM, said:

Scout Matchmaking.

Correct me if I'm wrong but we didn't have the Magnum when Tier X LTs popped up, right? And even then, I suppose changes took their time to affect MM in a noticeable degree rather than an overnight change in the "meta".

I understand this may be a bit of a stretch given how things work but I think it's plausible, at the very least.

So perhaps giving the ability of LTs to show up somewhere else other than the bottom might be one thing that makes things difficult for Tier VIII tanks, for example.

WG stated that it takes as twice as much vehicles in Tier VI to make top tier VIIIs.

Before, I don't think this was an issue or at least as a big of an issue as it is seen now since MM could pick up a few Vs and pit them against VIIIs.

Meaning, there were plenty of (read: more) options for the MM to work towards making VIIIs top tier vs now, as you had 3 Tiers to choose from (V, VI and VII) rather than just two (VI and VII).

This would also be valid to other Tiers and MM types, except IX and X.

They probably already figured this one out in the HQ or based their decision on a calculated risk.

Who knows...?

This part is less objective and can be skipped:

I do enjoyed scout MM and personally, I think reverting things back on the lights could help things a bit.

Let's be honest, it's far more forgiving to lose an LT or an SPG on your team than say, an HT or MT (not that they are useless, but don't cripple the team as much as the latter case. Obviously, good players in any of the former can help carry their teams).

But more than pointing out what I like the game to have, just thought I could point out something that could've been missed. I doubt it and prolly someone else has thought about it.

But what do you think? Could the +/-2 Tier spread from LTs have something to do with it?

It takes twice as many of any bottom tier to make a top tier work in this MM...just simple maths.

Edited by RamRaid90, 30 July 2018 - 09:47 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users