Rubber banding/stuttering

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

krismorgan #1 Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:00 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33131 battles
  • [UKT] UKT

Just a quick one-is anyone else getting it?

Plus sound dropping out occasionally.

Its only happened since the midweek patch.

r0f #2 Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:04 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6385 battles
  • [AFUNM] AFUNM

Eu1 disappeared completely today

not for all, just some parts of Europe .. seems like networking issues in a main hop somewhere or yeah maybe something else luls (luls!) :trollface:

You're not alone

Edited by r0f, 30 July 2018 - 10:07 PM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #3 Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:06 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 7880 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
Server(s) was fine when I played it a few hours ago. :unsure:

Flid_Merchant #4 Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:09 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9759 battles
I always get stuff like that because I'm on 4G but I have noticed the sound drop out occasionally which wasn't there before.

SuedKAT #5 Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:16 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postkrismorgan, on 30 July 2018 - 10:00 PM, said:

Just watched Mingles with Jingles, he spent almost the entire video speaking about how bad the internet is in the UK is at the moment due to all the kids being home, so do you use the same ISP as him perhaps, Virgin, an ISP that seems to be the cause of most issues UK inhabitants posting issues here have.

Hedgehog1963 #6 Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:27 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51619 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
I had music in battle this morning.  Each game.  I restarted the client and it was OK after that.

jack_timber #7 Posted 31 July 2018 - 07:25 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 34529 battles

View Postkrismorgan, on 30 July 2018 - 09:00 PM, said:

Getting this also, flaming annoying, not often but always seems when you either want to advance or retreat a few metres or taking that "vital" shot....

wsatnutter #8 Posted 31 July 2018 - 07:42 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 25413 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostSuedKAT, on 30 July 2018 - 09:16 PM, said:

Just watched Mingles with Jingles, he spent almost the entire video speaking about how bad the internet is in the UK is at the moment due to all the kids being home, so do you use the same ISP as him perhaps, Virgin, an ISP that seems to be the cause of most issues UK inhabitants posting issues here have.

Virgin media is fine 200 plus sod all to do with kids unless jingles is being throttled 

Aimless #9 Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:44 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 23462 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postjack_timber, on 31 July 2018 - 07:25 AM, said:

Getting this also, flaming annoying, not often but always seems when you either want to advance or retreat a few metres or taking that "vital" shot....

Confirmed. Additionally, I missed almost every shot for about an hour yesterday so it was freaking hard to finish the Kursk mission :confused:

SuedKAT #10 Posted 31 July 2018 - 04:22 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postwsatnutter, on 31 July 2018 - 07:42 AM, said:

Virgin media is fine 200 plus sod all to do with kids unless jingles is being throttled 

Everyone from the UK that over the years have had issues and posted about it here on the forum have one thing in common, their ISP, Virgin, there is only one exception I can think of and that's the Vodafone incident a while ago. Same goes for plenty of other forums and places I'm active on, WoW forums is one example, TomsHardware is another. The kids being home during their school holiday have something to do with it, it's called contention ratio, you can think of it like this, lets say you got 100 bandwidth, 50 users sharing that might not be an issue, they all get 2 bandwidth each, but when the kids get home and start using the internet in the area you all of a sudden have 150 users but just as much bandwidth and then everyone starts running into issues in that area, here a non simplified version: https://en.wikipedia...ontention_ratio

Virgin got about the same reputation in the IT "sphere" as Telia do, in other words crap.

wsatnutter #11 Posted 31 July 2018 - 04:48 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 25413 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostSuedKAT, on 31 July 2018 - 03:22 PM, said:

Everyone from the UK that over the years have had issues and posted about it here on the forum have one thing in common, their ISP, Virgin, there is only one exception I can think of and that's the Vodafone incident a while ago. Same goes for plenty of other forums and places I'm active on, WoW forums is one example, TomsHardware is another. The kids being home during their school holiday have something to do with it, it's called contention ratio, you can think of it like this, lets say you got 100 bandwidth, 50 users sharing that might not be an issue, they all get 2 bandwidth each, but when the kids get home and start using the internet in the area you all of a sudden have 150 users but just as much bandwidth and then everyone starts running into issues in that area, here a non simplified version: https://en.wikipedia...ontention_ratio

Virgin got about the same reputation in the IT "sphere" as Telia do, in other words crap.

easy tiger rein those horses in

let me digress Sir if you will

many many many moons ago when sprouts evolved on earth the news rag called the daily mirror ran a paragraph on a company called NTL were to launch a isp called Freeserve.

I then made enquires some 20 plus years ago and boom I was on line. NTL then evolved eventually into what we now know as virgin media. I have had some probs with them I will admit but its been few. even through the school holidays my games are on a ssd I get more that 200 download I will not allow any shite on my drives none what so ever this machine is now 7 years old and every time I play WOT WOW  or what ever im in at least 10 seconds minimum before the countdown . so my point is in 20 + years with virgin NTL etc ive made probably 20 phone calls give or take a sprout ,so I disagree they are not shite people need to spring clean now and again that's comp drivers software upgrades drivers phone there ISP and ask is there a firmware update for router etc etc etc

kind regards

nutter

(the sprout lord)

SuedKAT #12 Posted 31 July 2018 - 05:14 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postwsatnutter, on 31 July 2018 - 04:48 PM, said:

easy tiger rein those horses in

let me digress Sir if you will

many many many moons ago when sprouts evolved on earth the news rag called the daily mirror ran a paragraph on a company called NTL were to launch a isp called Freeserve.

I then made enquires some 20 plus years ago and boom I was on line. NTL then evolved eventually into what we now know as virgin media. I have had some probs with them I will admit but its been few. even through the school holidays my games are on a ssd I get more that 200 download I will not allow any shite on my drives none what so ever this machine is now 7 years old and every time I play WOT WOW  or what ever im in at least 10 seconds minimum before the countdown . so my point is in 20 + years with virgin NTL etc ive made probably 20 phone calls give or take a sprout ,so I disagree they are not shite people need to spring clean now and again that's comp drivers software upgrades drivers phone there ISP and ask is there a firmware update for router etc etc etc

kind regards

nutter

(the sprout lord)

Well the sprouts around your area might be up to the task to handle even your lusts, but in other areas of UK that might not be the case, heck the sprouts might not even be properly cooked over there. Just as Telia is ok and just works for some it's still a nuisance for millions of people around EU, Virgin works just ok when it does, but for quite a few it's not a pleasant experience all the time. As an example, there are two "main ways" to leave my city, depending on which ISP I use I go through one or the other, they are however not the same, one is run by Telia and the other by Telenor, if I have an ISP that utilize the Telia one I have major issues at peak hours, if I have an ISP that use the Telenor one I have no issues what so ever, in fact the only time I had issues in the 20+ years I've lived here is during 2 major blackouts due to fires in electricity substations. 

krismorgan #13 Posted 31 July 2018 - 05:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33131 battles
  • [UKT] UKT
Thanks for the replies-yes im with virgin too.I will see how it goes this evening.

Bordhaw #14 Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:56 PM

Major

• Player
  • 12013 battles

View PostSuedKAT, on 30 July 2018 - 09:16 PM, said:

Yeah in the 1990's.....

SuedKAT #15 Posted 31 July 2018 - 10:09 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBordhaw, on 31 July 2018 - 09:56 PM, said:

Yeah in the 1990's.....

You might want to brush up on your IT skills a bit, or at least google WoT eu forum Virgin or something similar...

CmdRatScabies #16 Posted 31 July 2018 - 10:12 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37626 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostSuedKAT, on 31 July 2018 - 10:09 PM, said:

You might want to brush up on your IT skills a bit, or at least google WoT eu forum Virgin or something similar...

Virgin took over a lot of cable companies and as a result has different arrangements in different parts of the UK.  Where I live it's very good but I think they have had issues in some parts.

SuedKAT #17 Posted 31 July 2018 - 10:28 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 31 July 2018 - 10:12 PM, said:

Virgin took over a lot of cable companies and as a result has different arrangements in different parts of the UK.  Where I live it's very good but I think they have had issues in some parts.

Yeah exactly, it's area dependent, hence why I mentioned contention ratio above, you might not have issues with Virgin in your area while others have it in other areas, just as Telia works here, well nah Telia is way worse. OP will most likely not have any issues at all or at least see a huge improvement if he play late at night till early mornings.

Baldrickk #18 Posted 31 July 2018 - 11:37 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30544 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostSuedKAT, on 30 July 2018 - 10:16 PM, said:

I don't know where he lives but it's fine here in the initial cable rollout area (for the entire UK).

Been through telewest, cabletel, ntl and virgin,  speeds always been good. 

Virgin was recently rated highest for their connection for the UK too.

I think people connecting over copper expect it to be a bit crapand so don't complain as much. 

View Postwsatnutter, on 31 July 2018 - 07:42 AM, said:

Unless he's on the top tier uploads are throttled once you hit a limit.  So if he's uploading a lot of videos in one go,  he'll hit it. 

It's the reason I don't stream.  I'm a bit cheap and don't want to go up a couple of packages for a bigger upload buffer.

Chances are he's not on virgin though. 

Worst network performance I've had was in Bury St Edmunds on a "business" connection.

About 21:00 everyone went online and contention went through the roof. 

Look at my wr chart on Noobmeter. See that dip?

That's 2 years on that connection with nothing better to do than WOT,  constantly running into 999 ping.

I got quite good at it in fact.  My record is 3 kills without the screen updating.

(Thank God autoaim+ hadn't been outlawed at that point)

That was a BT line. And it had nothing to do with holidays. 

SuedKAT #19 Posted 31 July 2018 - 11:58 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBaldrickk, on 31 July 2018 - 11:37 PM, said:

I don't know where he lives but it's fine here in the initial cable rollout area (for the entire UK).

Been through telewest, cabletel, ntl and virgin,  speeds always been good. 

Virgin was recently rated highest for their connection for the UK too.

I think people connecting over copper expect it to be a bit crapand so don't complain as much. 

Unless he's on the top tier uploads are throttled once you hit a limit.  So if he's uploading a lot of videos in one go,  he'll hit it. 

It's the reason I don't stream.  I'm a bit cheap and don't want to go up a couple of packages for a bigger upload buffer.

Chances are he's not on virgin though. 

The video:

Spoiler

He spends most of it talking about connection issues and Virgin Media, I've experienced the same and I regularly spend time in the UK due to work, plenty of UK based colleagues as well as friends have experienced the same thing. I'm not saying Virgin Media is the worst ISP ever, but it's an ISP that got a reputation to not be that great of an option if you want a connection worth gaming on, just as Telia is here. There was after all not that surprising that the OP came back and confirmed that he was indeed using Virgin Media. I doubt this is the case for Jingles, but I have no idea regarding OP, but the modems/routers they used to provide were quite bad and it wasn't infrequent that you needed to restart them every 2 weeks or so to not have major issues, not sure if they've improved recently regarding that.  

Also speed is one thing, stability is another thing and sure you or anyone else might have a flawless experience with a company, that don't mean everybody does and there is a reason that almost everyone that comes to this forum with connection issues and originates from the UK all have one thing in common, their ISP, with one exception being the issue Vodafone had a while ago. 

Edited by SuedKAT, 31 July 2018 - 11:59 PM.

Baldrickk #20 Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:26 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30544 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostSuedKAT, on 31 July 2018 - 11:58 PM, said:

The video:

Spoiler

He spends most of it talking about connection issues and Virgin Media, I've experienced the same and I regularly spend time in the UK due to work, plenty of UK based colleagues as well as friends have experienced the same thing. I'm not saying Virgin Media is the worst ISP ever, but it's an ISP that got a reputation to not be that great of an option if you want a connection worth gaming on, just as Telia is here. There was after all not that surprising that the OP came back and confirmed that he was indeed using Virgin Media. I doubt this is the case for Jingles, but I have no idea regarding OP, but the modems/routers they used to provide were quite bad and it wasn't infrequent that you needed to restart them every 2 weeks or so to not have major issues, not sure if they've improved recently regarding that.  

Also speed is one thing, stability is another thing and sure you or anyone else might have a flawless experience with a company, that don't mean everybody does and there is a reason that almost everyone that comes to this forum with connection issues and originates from the UK all have one thing in common, their ISP, with one exception being the issue Vodafone had a while ago. 

Well, the current hub3 is based on puma, and all routers based on that have issues...

The hub2 I had was flawless, the Hub1 had dodgy Wi-Fi.

I don't think I've ever needed to reboot for stability with any of them.  Ymmv

The small cable modems used before the hub were a complete POS and kept breaking.

The Surfboard modem we had before the three of those was used for nearly a decade before it became redundant because it couldnt keep up with the WAN link speed (which had improved, not the device failing). Thing was built like a brick and performed like one too, yet was absolutely flawless in its reliability. That was installed back in '98.

Obviously not all environments are the same.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users