• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

F2PEXP #1 Posted 31 July 2018 - 05:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3683 battles

its great once you get up a few tiers

all players well over 50%

all know where to go, for example no going into town on live oaks and waiting to die when enemy win 9 line, instead all the tanks turn to 9 line first second game and we have a real game on

higher you get in ranks less and less arty, probably again because its good players not worthless scum

team work is real, you see 5v3 and you push your team mates follow up

low tiers were bad but now at rank 8 its flying through and awesome game mode, loving every seconds of it

overall it makes the game fun and who plays best wins, not who is lucky with their team 

GG WG GG

edit on my main  _anarchistic_ account, logged in on wrong account !!

Edited by F2PEXP, 31 July 2018 - 05:26 PM.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 31 July 2018 - 05:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66275 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Well that's 100% mirrored of the other whine topics about ranked so far. Tho some love it, others will ofc hate it. And what little I've seen of it. It's still better then the earlier variants of it. 

wremise #3 Posted 31 July 2018 - 05:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48215 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

Suurpolskija #4 Posted 31 July 2018 - 05:35 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18692 battles
  • [URHO] URHO

I used to dislike it on season 1. I got me an E4 for this one and I've been liking it so far. I'm not likely to reach high ranks with it since it's not really "a meta tank" as they say, but at least I don't have to spam premium ammo in it. 

I'm going to play it some more until I get bored with it. There's all kinds of nice goodies and the credit gains seem to be good.

F2PEXP #5 Posted 31 July 2018 - 05:36 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3683 battles

View Postwremise, on 31 July 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

totally serious, it is so much better than randoms once you get the sub50% guys out of the game

although we all still have the occasional brainfart :teethhappy:

Mike_Mckay #6 Posted 31 July 2018 - 05:47 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20415 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

I had two shot plays at it and did quite enjoy it, but the stupidly restrictive hours you can play it means it starts well after I have gone to work most days and finishes before I get back, and even if I do have a "brief" period I had some TOTT targets to meet anyway and although it lets you do "missions" it doesn't count the games towards the TOTT events

So yet another overly restrictive event some people cant get to play because of it being time limited

Bexleyheath #7 Posted 31 July 2018 - 05:58 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5222 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostF2PEXP, on 31 July 2018 - 05:25 PM, said:

all know where to go, for example no going into town on live oaks and waiting to die when enemy win 9 line, instead all the tanks turn to 9 line first second game and we have a real game on

higher you get in ranks less and less arty, probably again because its good players not worthless scum

low tiers were bad but now at rank 8 its flying through and awesome game mode, loving every seconds of it

Your experience would seem to strongly support my everastanding suggestion that ALL battles in WoT should be matched by some kind of skill/experience rank system.

That way, experienced players arent frustrated by underperforming beginner/casual teammates. And begginer/casual players wont get frustrated by repeatedly getting roflstomped by players way above their skill level. It's something we've seen countless other multiplayer games implement to great success.

tankqull #8 Posted 31 July 2018 - 06:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20924 battles
  • [-FD-] -FD-

View PostBexleyheath, on 31 July 2018 - 04:58 PM, said:

Your experience would seem to strongly support my everastanding suggestion that ALL battles in WoT should be matched by some kind of skill/experience rank system.

That way, experienced players arent frustrated by underperforming beginner/casual teammates. And begginer/casual players wont get frustrated by repeatedly getting roflstomped by players way above their skill level. It's something we've seen countless other multiplayer games implement to great success.

good players do not want a ranked system, as that dimnishes their roflstomping abilities wich is directly combined with lower statistics (for stroking their epeens) wich then results in lower incomes of silver and XP.

as evidences just re-read last years tryhard complains in regard of stronghold matchmaking changes...

Edited by tankqull, 31 July 2018 - 06:08 PM.

marepbc #9 Posted 01 August 2018 - 02:42 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 57468 battles

View Posttankqull, on 31 July 2018 - 06:06 PM, said:

good players do not want a ranked system, as that dimnishes their roflstomping abilities wich is directly combined with lower statistics (for stroking their epeens) wich then results in lower incomes of silver and XP.

as evidences just re-read last years tryhard complains in regard of stronghold matchmaking changes...

How do you know what good players want when you are not one of them. Please speak in your name only. Also why are you even posting your obviously retarded opinion when you are not even playing ranked... ? OP is saying that he likes ranked and he is enjoying it whatever his current game skill is.

I am also enjoying ranked battles like OP and I am a good player. Reward system in ranked and xp distribution is not well made which is making ranked a chore quite a bit, but other than that it's refreshment to not have 5+ complete braindeads per team. Mode is not ideal, but it's nice for a change to play with people who are not suiciding in first 2 minutes and/or jumping off the clips and similar crap.

Procjon #10 Posted 01 August 2018 - 03:42 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 55489 battles

View PostF2PEXP, on 31 July 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

overall it makes the game fun and who plays best wins, not who is lucky with their team 

GG WG GG

Oh no, you just ruined the world of those that say skilled based MM is not good idea.....lol

HF

Robbie_T #11 Posted 01 August 2018 - 04:14 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16322 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

I dont play ranked

I will admit that i am not good enough to get a decent ranking there . :child:

so i will blow credits out of the window for nothing.

I am glad to hear you like it ,

Something different than the crybabies in general chat blaming everybody and anything but them selfs.:izmena:

i had some moments in ranked where i talked to myself and sayd:   At this moment Robbie_T knew *edited* :(

So im sticking to randoms 

Edited by NickMustaine, 01 August 2018 - 01:03 PM.
Inappropriate remarks

Mike_Mckay #12 Posted 01 August 2018 - 04:25 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20415 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostProcjon, on 01 August 2018 - 02:42 AM, said:

Oh no, you just ruined the world of those that say skilled based MM is not good idea.....lol

HF

Nah, you underestimate the depths of cognitive dissonance on this place :)

LordMuffin #13 Posted 01 August 2018 - 05:26 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48123 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Posttankqull, on 31 July 2018 - 06:06 PM, said:

Strongholds was fucked up die to Defender just as much.

If I wanted to play SH with a similarly skilled clan, we would only meet other purple clans. Which would force Defender play. And since I don't have it, I am in a deficit and so is my team.

Before Defender and sbmm SH we could play any kind of stupid tanks and maybe win.

A try-hard setup with IS-3 and T-54 lightweight was still a threat to our premium tank setup. 

This was at a time when premium tanks was worse then regular ones.

Now, we are forced to Defender in SH in order to win.

tumppi776 #14 Posted 01 August 2018 - 06:56 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 42672 battles

Only problem is I cant stay at rank 8 :arta:

reached it 2 times now and got my %¤% handed to me. Back to 7 with 2 arties per side.

All games at 8 were arty/td free.

Mike_Mckay #15 Posted 01 August 2018 - 07:02 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20415 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View Posttumppi776, on 01 August 2018 - 05:56 AM, said:

Only problem is I cant stay at rank 8 :arta:

reached it 2 times now and got my %¤% handed to me. Back to 7 with 2 arties per side.

All games at 8 were arty/td free.

I'll be happy just to make it to level 5 lol :)

Knight_Zao #16 Posted 01 August 2018 - 07:29 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29001 battles
I can kinda agree, during ranks 5-7 it was very hard to get chevrons, having typical lights suiciding and brawling meds sat at back sniping with 0.4 dispersion. Then i got to rank 8 and things did change, players in chat would come up with a plan, like all push west and push through cap etc......and by god the team all pressed F5 and then proceeded to do it. Was kinda like CWs. Getting from rank 8 to 10 was far easier that rank 5-7...sounds bizarre but true. I was hating Ranked during the early ranks, but now you get a good team of players who know what to do, how to push a flank and when to defend a flank. I think getting to rank 12 is where you will be in the 1st place category....so on with that tonight 

Bennie182 #17 Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:19 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53693 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

View PostF2PEXP, on 31 July 2018 - 05:25 PM, said:

GG WG GG

edit on my main  _anarchistic_ account, logged in on wrong account !!

I'm not enjoying it that much. full of ***** kids like in randoms. teamwork is still rare. players camping with Type 5 or E100 in the base at Live Oaks is not rare. not to mention the amount of lame suicides people make for no reason. Only reason I play them is because I need bonds, nothing more. loads of games are already decided within 2 mins, just like randoms.

all the time winning 1 or 2 and then lose about the same. it took me a whole evening to get to Rank 6, because of this and most of the games were roflstomps, so loads of times I ended up with just not enough to be in the top 10, while trash players who camped in the back were rewarded kindly by Wargaming for ruining the environment, with free damage and xp, while others worked their asses off and didn't receive much

Edited by Bennie182, 01 August 2018 - 09:17 AM.

8126Jakobsson #18 Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:26 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 66418 battles

First you have the regular random chaos. Then you hit the sweet spot as the better players have progressed. Then it goes back to regular random chaos after the lower part have derped their way up and the good ones have stopped caring.

Enjoy the window.  

Steffin #19 Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24757 battles
  • [WOOF] WOOF

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 01 August 2018 - 08:26 AM, said:

First you have the regular random chaos. Then you hit the sweet spot as the better players have progressed. Then it goes back to regular random chaos after the lower part have derped their way up and the good ones have stopped caring.

Enjoy the window.  

This is exactly what is wrong with ranked.  If you do not have enough time to play to stay ahead of the noobs, you will get engulfed by them and it is still no fun.  Ranked would work better if it wasnt just a grindfest.

Cannes76 #20 Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:05 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 66528 battles
  • [ORIGN] ORIGN

View PostKnight_Zao, on 01 August 2018 - 07:29 AM, said:

I can kinda agree, during ranks 5-7 it was very hard to get chevrons, having typical lights suiciding and brawling meds sat at back sniping with 0.4 dispersion. Then i got to rank 8 and things did change, players in chat would come up with a plan, like all push west and push through cap etc......and by god the team all pressed F5 and then proceeded to do it. Was kinda like CWs. Getting from rank 8 to 10 was far easier that rank 5-7...sounds bizarre but true. I was hating Ranked during the early ranks, but now you get a good team of players who know what to do, how to push a flank and when to defend a flank. I think getting to rank 12 is where you will be in the 1st place category....so on with that tonight 

I doubt rank 12 will be enough for league 1 in the end. You needed 15 points last season. Remember there are still two weeks to go, and the positive chevron system will ensure that players will gravitate upward given time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users